The Worst Drug

By VaehC3703

{•Florencio Series: #5•} Corvina has always been the odd one out. Her whole life has been filled with sta... More

•2021 Authors Note•
•Public School•
•Stay Away•
•My Girl•
•Don't Trust Myself•
•Momma Got Around•
•Uncle Dion•
•Future Wife•
•Test Your Limits•
•I'm Going Back To Prison•
•Accusations•
•Voice Of A Murderer•
•Florencio Family Burial Grounds•
•Torture Is My Biggest Kink•
•Wooden Nightmare•
•Thank You•
•Protection•
•Fergilicious•
•Baby•
•Trigger Happy•
•Shove a Bread Roller Up Your Ass•
•Sexual Education•
•People Change•
•Sticky Thoughts•
•Subwhative•
•Insecurity•
•Unwelcomed Visit•
•Christmas Eve•
•Merry Christmas•
•A Florencio Family Christmas•
•Old Habits•
•Shoot'em Up•
•Leave•
•Spoons•
•It Does•
•This Pain...•
•Right Person, Wrong Time•
•Moving On•
•Ruin The Gene Pool•
•My Man•
•Wow•
•Don't Settle For Less•
•Disney Land•
•Moody•
•Mariah Carrey•
•Daddy's Girl•
•Hershey Kiss•
•Gay Bar•
•All Yours•
•Thank God For My Shitty Life•
•Cypress•
•Making Plans•
•Who Are You•
•Give It Time•
•Hardass•
•You Got A Friend In Me•
•Aria•
•Hormones•
•Judas•
•Night Out•
•Corey•
•Ignite Me•
•Tired•
•Late Night Conversations•
•Sweet Dreams•
•Can't Be Fixed•
•I Could Kill Him•
•Jesus•
•Must Be Broken•
•Lo Ucciderò, Cazzo•
•Never Been More Gay•
•Work Things Out•
•Put A Bullet In Your Throat•
•Easy Whore•
•Cut Short•
•Cassius•
•Stray Puppy•
•Change Of Heart?•
•Momma•
•You Stress Me Out•
•NO SEX!•
•Don't Tell Me To Stop•
•Family Dinner•
•Again and Again•
•There's No Point•
•Guilt•
•Long Week•
•No More Apologies•
~Homecoming~

•Starting Fresh•

301 5 0
By VaehC3703

{•Unedited•}

~Idris's POV~

I wake this morning to an empty bed, Vina's side cold letting me know she's been up for a while. My hands rub down my face, eyes burning with exhaustion. Neither of us slept good, which is to be highly expected in our situation. Both us took took turns waking up to check her heart monitor, making sure everything was okay and she was still healthy, and to feed and change her.
Her cries are the most heart breaking sounds I've ever heard. The clear tears that stream down her face make me want to rid of anything in the world that could ever cause her anymore. All three of my girls have me wrapped around their fingers, their every wish my command. Cass gets my love too obviously, I'm just not sure how to show it with him as I do with them. The girls I'll give kisses to and play with, him...he seems like he could care less about me. Part of me worries that's because of how we met. After all he did see me kill his dad.
Pushing myself up I look towards the door seeing it's cracked open. Short legs walk across the hall showing me the kids are awake. Reaching for my phone I turn it on to see the time. It's only eight thirty, and for a weekend, that's early for the kids.
     Grabbing my phone I have no missed messages or calls from Sin or anyone at all for that matter which is surprising looking at how chaotic everything has been. The only notification an email from Melissa who've been in contact with about finding a new house. Ive been looking for something specific, something I can't go to just anyone for and knows how to combine Vina and mines completely different styles and needs. Off and on the last two days she's been sending me links and pictures of houses around the area, some a little further of of town. I would love to move cities, start fresh somewhere but I know Vina won't leave too far from her family which I understand. Plus, I think I'd have some separation problems from them too.
    "You're up," Vina says as she walks into the room, robe tied tightly around her waist. Tossing the blanket off I swing my legs off the bed, combing my tangled hair back with my fingers. "Zavi's been asleep for about thirty minutes now, should be waking up soon to eat. Cass and Ez are getting ready for the day," she tells me.
    "Look at you. Super mom, having everything under control." She doesn't say anything, rocking back and forth on her feet. I know I don't look good, there's no way I can with how much sleep I got, but she, as beautiful as she is, looks like a corpse. Which doesn't help me after having that horrific dream last night. After she woke me up from it I didn't let her go until Zavi started crying about an hour later. I could never tell if she was fully asleep, never staying still like she normally does. It seemed like she wanted nothing to do with me as I tried cuddling her, moving her head on and off my chest, as well as her leg. "How much did you sleep?"
    "Enough," she answers, opening the dresser. I sit back on the bed, watching her rummage through her undergarment drawer. Messy curls fall out of her bun, not long enough to be held back with the elastic band.
    "Don't bother getting dressed. Lay down and get more sleep. I can handle everything I'm sure," I try telling her. She shakes her head as I speak. I know her sleeping will throw her off more than she already is. Usually she has a schedule and stays very strict about staying to it, now we're on an infants schedule. And not to mention she'll go for hours unrested, not sleeping until someone tells her to lay down or reminds her of the need of sleep.
    "I'm fine-"
    "You'll make yourself sick. I'll let you get ready but you're laying back down," I tell her, knowing I have to lay down the line in an authoritative tone for her to understand my seriousness. Her shoulders slump in defeat knowing I'm not going to let it go. "Just do me a favor and make a bottle or two beforehand cause I don't want to try and give her some kind to...formula poisoning."
    "She ate before I laid her down so she'll need to be changed when she wakes up," she tells me, picking her clothes from the closet. I'm surprised when she takes out a dress, typically not being something she's choose. Personally I love her in dresses, for obvious reasons, but I understand she struggles with the feeling of being in one. Instead of going to the bathroom she sets the pile of clothes on the dresser top, legging her robe fall from her shoulders to a pool around her feet.
   Lifting the hem of her nightgown from her body she lifts it over her hair, the hair tie finally snapping apart. My body immediately reacts to her naked flesh, salivating like a hungry cartoon. If it weren't for the fact that the kids are awake and she looks like she'd fall asleep in the middle of it I'd be all over her. Her round thighs and butt jiggle as she gets into her underwear.
    Standing from the bed I make my way behind her, my arms wrapping around to the front of her body. She leans against me, tilting her head back. My calluses palms go up her stomach, palming her large mounds in them roughly. Kneeding them she lets out a hum of pleasure, eyes fluttering closed. Her nipples harden reacting to my touch, the sensitive buds slipping between my fingers. Rolling them between my thumbs and index fingers she lets out a quiet moan.
     She lets out an aggravated breath, straightening up from her leant position against me. My hands fall from her chest, turning her around to face me. I try keeping my eyes face level, but they don't listen and keep moving further down.
   "We can't do anything with the kids awake," she tells me. My lips tug to the side in a teasing smirk.
   "I wasn't doing anything but trying to massage you. You're the one trying to get freaky with it." Smacking her butt she jumps against me trying to flinch away. Glaring up at me she spins around on her heel picking up her bra. "I want to talk to you about something but I understand if you don't want to deal with for a while."
"What is it?" She asks, turning her head to look at me anxiously. Her white bra pushes her breasts together, drawing more attention to her cleavage. Lord help me.
"I've been talking with Valentino's wife, Melissa, for a few weeks about finding a house. After we came back from the place we stayed at for our vacation, I thought we could use a bigger space, especially with the kids growing up," I tell her, hoping she doesn't get upset I've started this on my own. She doesn't seem like the kind of person to be mad at me but you never know with this one. No expression crosses her face letting me know what she's thinking or feeling. "She emailed me this morning about a house she was telling me about. It's about twenty minutes out of town, a lot of space, open land around it...I thought it was something we'd both like. She said in the message that if we want, we can come by any time to see it in person...that is if you want."
     Her lips open and close trying to figure out her thoughts. I shouldn't have sprung it on her but with all that's been going on, bringing it up has been the last thing on my mind.
    "That would be a great idea actually," she says after a few long seconds. My brows raise in surprise. The door opens just as Vina pulls down the skirt of her dress, Cass walking in with her phone in hand. Her moms name pops up on the top of the screen. From the hall, Zavi starts crying in her nursery. I gesture out of the room with my thumb letting Vina know I'm going to handle it, mouthing to lay down and pointing at the bed before turning the corner.
    ••••••
                               ~Vina's POV~

      I don't feel tired but that could just be because I know I'll have to get up soon again anyways and that something could happen where Zavi needs me. It's not that I feel Idris doesn't have the capability to watch them on his own, it's just he can be...easily distracted. One kid could be in his arms while the other tries putting Cass in the stove and he'd have no idea until the "ding" to get it him out because he was looking for the bottle he misplaced.
"Hello?" I say answering my moms phone call.
"Hey...have you talked to your dad today?" She asks. My brows tug together in confusion, not sure why she would make a phone call to ask me that.
"No, he hasn't tried calling me or anything. Have you?" She scuffs, a normal signal that she's in a bad mood. Now I know why she called. Picking up my sandals from the closet I sit on the edge of the bed, still warm from Idris sitting. In the living room I can hear Ez babbling to him about something I'm sure he's half listening to.
"No, but then again he doesn't do much talking to me these days...pinche donto," she says with a long sigh. I can imagine my mother now, leant in the kitchen with a scowl on her face. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't call you to complain about your father...I'm just a little worried honestly. If you could ask Idris if he's spoke to him or-" She stops, voice cracking as she breaks down in tears.
"What's wrong?" I ask, my shoe falling from my dangling foot. She takes a moment to compose herself, sniffling back tears.
"H-He hasn't been home in three days. The last time he was here we-we were arguing because he was acting strange and when I asked about it he denied everything and-and now he's gone." Under her breath I hear her mumble something sounding like "I should have known better" but don't say anything, figuring it wasn't for me to hear.
Why wouldn't my dad tell my mom where he was going? He knows how she can get, especially when there's already problems going on. Him being away is fuel to whatever they're arguing about. I've learned though to not worry when he goes off the grid, figuring she'd be had to it as well. As much as he was always around growing up, there were times he'd be gone for days at a time with no word and looking back I was clueless.
"I'll ask him but I don't think he has either. Maybe you should talk to Sin," I suggest. If anyone has connects to finding someone it'd be him.
"I don't want to involve him," she says. The sound of crying makes me jump, thinking it's my own but quickly realize it's from her end of the line. Out of all things what shocks me the most is that he's left her alone with a new born. She only had my baby brother, Jewels, a month and a half ago and from what I've heard he's a hand full. I was a baby that needed attention, but he does as well in a way that it's only because he's a little, as my mom puts it, "little asshole." "I've got to go. I'll let you know if I find anything out, but please ask Idris."
"I will. Bye, love you," I tell her. The room door opens wider as I stand from the edge, my ligaments feelings awfully heavier than usual. Ez holds her new hairbrush in front of her, bright smile shining on her beautiful face. She looks so much like her father, and for that I'm grateful. Next to the other two the only thing setting her apart is the wild, golden locks of curls.
"Can can braid my hair please?" She asks, offering me the hair brush. My eyes widen looking at her crazy hair. I've tried styling it a few times, most of the time ending resorting to an easy twisted pigtails and buns. Whenever she sees little girls with braids she points out how pretty they are but because they looks so complicated I've never given them much of a try. Sitting back on the bed, I scoot back into the middle, tucking my legs under me.
"Come sit so I can do it," I tell her, patting the space in front of me. The skirt of her dress almost tangled between her legs as she rushes to the bed, brushing all her hair behind her for me to play with. This triggers the childhood memories of my mom doing my hair, torturing me with that horrific hair brush. Thankfully I had a mom who knew how to manage curls, but that didn't keep from nearly yanking it from my scalp everyday until I was finally old enough to do it myself and decided to let it grow.
"Can you braid it like my mom?" She asks, fiddling her fingers excited on her lap. Her words take me by surprise. Lately I've been momma, Aria hardly mentioned. As much as I'd like to act like a he didn't exist, like it's only been me in her life, I can't bring myself to do that. Aria did me wrong, but she was a good mother. I'd never purposely remove the memory of her for my own selfish desire to be her one and only momma.
"How'd your mom do it?" I ask her, forcing a cheery upper tone. She goes on explaining to me the best she can in her on little way that she wants four cornrows. Thankfully it's something we've done once before; it wasn't the best, but practice makes perfect. She stays as still as she can for a six year old getting their hair done, getting distracted by the notices in the living room. By now Zavi's awake and has Idris walking back and forth cradling her in his arms.
When her hair is finally finished I'm proud of the outcome. The braids in four rows tight on the top of her hair and leading into a bun at the back of her head. She smiles confidently in the mirror, gently grazing the braids. Idris walks in with the baby on his shoulder, his large hand rubbing up and down her small back. She lays on him quietly, shocking me that her yes are wide open when he's close enough to see.
"Melissa said we can come see the house after one," he says. I nod, not knowing what else to do. It wasn't anywhere in my plans to move anytime soon, this seeming just fine until he mentioned the need of more space with the kids growing up. If it weren't for my hate of change we'd probably moved by now. Cass needs his own room, needing out of a little girls room that I'm sure gives him nightmares of pink and baby dolls.
His eyes drop to Ez who's still admiring the look of her braids in the mirror. If I knew she liked the style so much I would have done it far sooner. "I told you momma would be able to do your hair. You look beautiful, my princess," he tells her, placing his hand on the top of her head. Hearing the way he talks to her makes my own heart flutter.
"I'm gonna show brother!" She tells us before hopping down. Standing up on my tip toes I get a good look at my baby's beautiful green eyes. She's definitely got more of my appearance than Idris, my eyes and nose but his mouth and skin. She sleeps so much I don't get to see them often. I think my babies are the only ones I'll be able to look at.
"She's in a pretty good mood. I think she likes me," he says with a cocky smile. I reach out for her, him bending down to make it easier. She whines as soon as I put my hands on her sides to take her, knowing she's about to leave her fathers arms. "And you not so much," he adds with a laugh. My eyes narrow you at him, letting go since I don't want to make her cry. "Guess all of you are daddy's girls."
"Whatever." Maybe I'm a tad jealous.
~~~~~~
~Idris's POV~
My eyes can hardly stick to the road with Vina beside me in this fucking dress. The little minx decided it was a good idea to ditch the idea of a bra, relying in the support of the wire in her dress. However, there's no padding and the air blowing in her has her nipples poking for attention. The sky blue fabric has ridden up on her thighs, the slit on the right side spread open leaving her leg completely exposed much to my delight. I keep my arm reached that way, my knuckles caressing throat smooth skin on her upper thigh and knee. It's a simple outfit, but fuck, does it have me shuffling in place.
The drive doesn't take as long as I was expecting, the twenty minute drive feeling more like ten taking the same road all the way out of town. The path reminds me of where we stayed, secluded but not completely away from everything. She doesn't want to be far and neither do I, this seems a comfortable distance for the both of us.
Her fingers grasp mine that are holding her thigh, twisting my rings as she looks silently out the window. The gps tells me to make a right turn, leading me to another path of dirt road and trees. Through the thick trunks and branches is the shining water of a lake. On the way we pass a few houses, much bigger than what I told Melissa we were needing. From what it looks like these houses are for families of seven, and I mean full grown kids too.
"It's really pretty here," she says, looking out my window to see the lake in the distance. My lips curl knowing she likes it so far. My fingers tighten their grip on her leg, making the next turn. Finally a house comes into view, Melissa and Val's familiar car parked in the front. The driveway goes for what seems is a mile or two, lined with large broken pieces of rock on both ends leading to the front of the house.

     There's some trees in the front standing in front of the windows but not blocking the view. There's a long brown fence wrapping around the house, a staircase going off the side with a stone pathway leading to the back. I can only image how beautiful this house looks at night, and also how creepy.
The door on the side opens with Melissa stepping out, bright red hair blowing like crazy. The kids are out of the car before Vina and I, Ez thrilled over the sight of open space. Little girl got the ADHD from me. Carefully I woke on taking Zavi of the car, trying not to swing the carrier around without thinking. Placing it on the stroller I wiggle it gently waiting to hear it click in place. Meeting Vina at the front I drag her closer by her hand, tightening my grip as we walk to the porch.
Every time I see Melissa is makes me do a double take reminding myself this is Val's wife. He's a very kind man, but their personalities still don't belong anywhere near each other on an attitude spectrum. That man will set fire to anyone who crosses his path, the smallest reason be, but let this woman walk into the room and he's a sucker. I cant blame him though, it's probably the same thing when people look at Vina and I. I guess the whole, "Lion attracts a lamb" shit is true.
      "EEKKK!" Melissa cheers once we're close enough, excitedly clapping her hands together. Vina seems to like the enthusiasm, smiling happily at the crazy redhead. I feel if I had her around Sin's house more and wasn't afraid of involving her they would be close. Val's mentioned going out on "double dates," saying it would be a good time for all of us, but the thought of two fucking mafia members going into a restaurant or something together just put me off ease. "I'm so happy you guys could make it! I had another couple want to come take a look but I told them it was already sold so you could see."
"Lying to clients, very professional," I tease. She rolls her eyes, still smiling understanding I'm only joking. I decide the stroller isn't worth it, not wanting to bother bringing it up the what now seems like a million steps. Bending down I undo the belt, gently gripping Zavi at her sides. Every time I pick her up I'm terrified of accidentally pressing too hard or messing up her monitor.   
     "I think this house will be a great fit for your family. It's not too far out of town is it?" Mel says leading us all in. The smell of candles and fabreeze is almost overwhelming stepping into the warm home. It's very open while still remaining having a cozy feel with warm contracting colors against the bright light coming through the windows. It's not as much as the house we stayed at on our vacation a few months back, the trees surrounding the area giving the perfect amount of shade.
     I look to my wife for the answer, knowing how she feels about living too far from the city and everyone we're close to. For me, I have no extended family I care to keep in contact with and in my situation it's best I act as if my mother never came back from the dead. Vina and the kids are my family, wherever she's happy I go.
     Not to mention I don't want to throw her off in any way. Like everything else she has her routine and specific way of getting things done, that includes getting places. She's a great driver...who the hell am I kidding, she scares me driving, more reason why I wouldn't want her having to drive a longer way for anything than needed. Since having Zavi she's been working from home, only needing to go into the office Mondays and Thursday's but I know she's going to want to go back to normal despite how I feel.
"It's not," she says, keeping a close eye on the kids running around the glass dining table. Walking towards the table I let Melissa have her time with Vina. Everything she says sounds like a scrabble baggy anyways. Cass stops running behind me, gripping the back of my shirt. My eyes widen down at the little demon known as my daughter.
"She's trying to pinch me!" He explains, stabbing his finger her direction. I cock a brow towards her, her face turning a bright shade of rose pink. Words start stuttering out her mouth in a horrible attempt to depend herself.
"You guys can chase and torture each other all you want at home, but right now I need you to calm down and behave," I tell them sternly. I don't like having to be this way with them but she knows I'm wrapped around her finger. "Now come sit," I tell her holding out my hand. Folding her arms she huffs out a loud sigh on her way past me, making sure I know she's not happy with me either.
"I was just getting done telling Vina the details of the layout," Melissa says holding some papers together in her hand to me. Thankfully she put all the details on here as well, probably knowing damn well I wasn't going to be able to keep interest listening to her entire speech. "That repeats everything I told her, Val told me you wouldn't have interest in what I actually say."
    "He knows me well," I say with a smile. Vina nudges me with her elbow, silently telling me to behave myself.
    "You two can walk around the property while I stay with the kids. I'll be here for any questions afterwards and possibly a paper and pen too," she says with a happy wink.
                                 ~~~~~~
                          ~Vina's POV~

          Walking through the house I see why Melissa chose this home for us, and can also see Idris have great descriptions of things I would particularly enjoy. The beige walls and wide space throughout the halls. There's many windows which would usually be an issue but the thick blinds take care of that problem. Most importantly no upstairs because of the kids, I want to be able to keep my eye on them at all times, especially if we're going to be in a new environment.
    The first room is a smaller size, I assume for a child or an office space. Not much can fit other than a twin size mattress and dresser, but non the less Melissa made sure to decorate as much as she could. The overwhelming amount of wall decorations makes me walk out the room.
    "What do you think so far?" I hear Idris ask from behind me. Peaking inside the washroom I nod my head. It's very nice and a comfortable size for our family as well as not too far from my parents. He hit all the right points when telling Melissa what we would be looking for, I just wonder how long he's been planning this. "The room back there could be the nursery, this one Cass's," he says gesturing into the next room trying to set the image.
"I love it, it's perfect so far." The only downside I can make is the how quiet it is. I love the quiet, value it even, but hate the complete silence. It's because of him that is, now finding noise and a small bit of chaos to be my peace. Walking down the hall even with the kids yelling in the living area our foot steps have a slight echo off the high walls. "When did you start doing all of this?" I ask, looping my arm around his.
"Not too long ago, since after we got the feeling things would be okay with Zavi. I want us to have a real home together where we can start completely fresh from any bullshit in the past. The kids can have their own space without Cass having glitter thrown all over his things," he explains. I smile at the glitter, knowing how irritated it secretly gets our son. He needed his own space, especially since I imagine he's never had one.
"Can I see our room?" His grin widens pacing his calloused fingers through mine. Opening the last door at the end of the hall he steps aside letting me into the master bedroom. It's decorated just as the rest, complimenting it's own theme while also signaling a married couples room. The large white bedframe holds a king size mattress fitted with a dark purple comforter set. I notice in here the tiles a darker dark but it surprisingly doesn't bother me too much since it looks nice. the sliding glass door leads out to the yard and porch. To the left a closed door to what I assume is another bathroom. Opening the door, I see I was right walking into a large master bathroom.
    The brightness of the lights makes me turn the light of immediately, taking a quick step out. My back hits what I'm sure is Idris, his hand reaching around my waist to hug me against him. He squeezes me tightly around the arm with his free hand, trying to soothe me.
   "We can change the light. I didn't know about that, so don't go in the other either incase it's the same," he warns, his lips moving against the top of my head. turning around I look past his arm at the large Mrs. and Mrs. decoration hung over the headboard. "If you don't feel this is it or want to look at other places before we settle-"
    "I like it a lot," I tell him, letting his fingers lace between mine. "The seems to really like it too," I add, hearing Ez's laughter from outside. Turning our heads to the yard Cass chases Ez around, the skirt of her dress flying behind her. Mel sits on the grass with Zavi between her legs smiling from ear to ear.
     I love how much joy my little one seems to bring to everyone's life, not just Idris and mines. My parents call constantly about how she is, same with Val and Melissa. Nanny comes over so often to see her goddaughter that you'd think she lived with us and her baby boy.
   The sound of crying snaps me out of my thoughts, Melissa holding her arms tighter around Zavi as she rocks her back and forth starting to stand up. Idris breaks away from me, leading the way outside. She meets us in the middle, handing her to me. My hand cradles the back of her small head, caressing the soft thin hair on top of her head. I'm honestly surprised I didn't get heart burn with how much hair she's always had, or maybe it was that I was struggling with so much else that I just didn't notice that, or God decided to cut me the slightest bit of slack.
    "I don't know what happened she was okay until the kid's started running by," she tells us.
    "It's okay, it's about time for me to feed her now anyways," I say thinking she's getting fussy out of hunger.
    "You can go feed her inside if that's more comfortable for the both of you. I'm gonna stay out for a few minutes to talk some things over with Redhead," Idris tells me gesturing his hand towards Melissa who glares up at him. I can never tell if it's genuine or brother/sisterly hate between the two. "Scream if you need me."
                            •••••••••••••••••
                               ~•IDRIS•~
Melissa stares up at me, head tilted to the side with a tapping foot. I cock a brow in question, my arms falling to my sides from irritation. "Would you like to know about the torture chamber you made damn sure I included in the house, or do you want to wait for Vina to come back? Cause it seemed like you were waiting for her to leave so-"
    "Listen I would just rather not want to explain wanting to bring my business home. To her that's going to sound all bad and I would rather just let her find out afterwards...let her think it's some man cave the guys to hangout," I explain, trying to make it sound as not bad as possible. I never keep secrets from Vina, there's no reason to, but I know this certain thing wouldn't go over the easiest. To me it's better than dealing Sin every day, creating as much distance as possible if I'm going to be stuck working for the fucker for a while.
    My plans have been screwed. After Vina and I got married, that was supposed to be the reason for my departure from working with Sin and starting a clean slate for myself. Melissa was sending me pictures of garages that were available to buy or rent in the area to start my own auto shop finally. Vina and I would welcome our kids into a home as close as possible to her family. I'd be lying if I said this home wasn't the most favorable because of the distance from all the noise. We're far enough from everything that if there is anything to happen around the home or property I would be aware. Melissa said there's never cars driving through, deserted enough to keep us off of any tracks.
    I hate that these have to be taken into consideration when buying a family home. I was supposed to be out of this shit already, but Sin and those fucking Marbelos had other plans. I can't have my family in any danger, I'd do whatever it takes to make sure no harm comes to any of them. If that means moving a few extra minutes out of town where no one knows or even across the county so be it; I won't let them get what they want.
    "Totally, a mancave where you'll have whips, chains, and screaming...I think that would be more concerning than the torture chamber."
    "You don't know a good time." She cringes, spinning around on her heel. "I'll be right back. Stay here so I can see you," I call over to the kids. They nod over letting me know they head me however not bothering to take their attention the hang clapping game they're playing. Ez tried teaching me the other day, said she and her friends play it at school, but I'll tell you right now I don't know how fucking smart these kid's are these days for their minds to be able to process that complicated pattern shit. My anger issues couldn't handle it, I knew to call it quits before I blew so she taught her brother who somehow go it after the second lesson.
    I follow her toward the back of the side yard where the trees start to block the water. Stopping beside a tree with a green balloon ribbon tired around a broken branch she kicks a pile of leaves to the size revealing a small wooden door. I bend down and lift the handle, loud creaking making me look around to make sure it didn't catch the kid's attention. I take a quick excited glace down before looking back to Mel.
    "I'll go back inside with the kids and Vina, no way in hell I'm going down there," she tells me. Chuckling I wave her off carefully starting to go down the dark stairs holding my phone in front of me for light. "there she would be a light at the bottom you can pull the cord to turn it on," she yells down to me. Seconds after I feel something dangle across my face, scaring the shit out of me for a second thinking t was a big or bat before registering.
    "Does this part lock?" I yell up hoping she's still up there but it slams shut just as I do, leaving me only hope this isn't a no way out situation...I'm under ground for fucks sake. going through the door I go down another short staircase leading into the maid area. There's not much to it, only an empty bunker with a large pole sticking up to nowhere. I wonder what the owner before used this for, my theories only leading one direction and I doubt that was theirs too.
     There isn't much lighting which I will need to get lamps to fix and find a way to screw things to the wall if possible. Thankfully this floor has locks, more than one, twelve even but I don't bother counting at the moment. Maybe they did use it for something similar. Carefully walking back up the steep staircase I realize all sound from above is blocked out, another bonus. Pushing up on the door I'm relieved to find it unlocked, a brisk wind blowing my hair in front of my eyes as I step out. It may be a pain in my ass to get bastards down there but it's not like I'm trying to be careful and won't consider just tossing them like a sack of potatoes.
     Vina sits in the living area with the kid's and Mel, Zavi cradled in her arms feeding from her bottle. Their heads turn my way noticing my presence, their conversation from before immediately winding down. The corners of Vina's full lips twitch into a smile, looking back to our little one to make sure she'd eating properly.
     "Don't let me ruin your guy's conversation," I tease with a grin.
    "We were just going over some of of the history of the house and and how ridiculous our husbands are," Mel says with a straight toothed smile. My eyes practically roll to the back of my head. "So are you guys wanting to go over the paper work or is there anything else you want to talk about..or look at?" She asks, snapping back into her professional demeanor. I look down at Vina seeing she's already looking at me to speak. The small nod she gives me tells me what she doesn't say.
     "We'll just do the paperwork."
    "So are you excited to finally be getting your own room? Finally no more dolls and gritter fairies?" I ask Cass, sitting across from him at the table. After signing the paperwork with Mel we decided to stop somewhere close on the way to get dinner, thankfully finding a place with outside seating to avoid noise, both Vina and Zavi don't like it. The weathers pretty nice with the exception of the wind but to me it's better than the burning heat. However, my other girl on the other hand begs to differ, squeezing herself tightly between Vina and I wearing my jacket like a blanket. She's very dramatic, I think she has to get that from her mother.
    "Yeah," he says with a small shrug and smile. It throws me off; I assumed he would be excited about having his own space after not all his life. The kid went from dirt and syringes to rainbows and cupcake pillows. Unless...unless...
    "If-If you like the dolls and stuff we can do that to yours too or just-"

"No," he says more sporadically than I've ever seen him jump to action.  "I don't mind it, I don't-don't like it though," he explains. I nod in understanding; he's just very unenthusiastic, that much I should understand. Vina's head rests on my shoulder tiredly, arm reached out towards the stroller rocking it back and forth to keep the baby asleep.
"Looks like momma needs to get to sleep too, huh?" I joke glancing down out the corner of my eye. She picks up her head with a small grin, tucking her hair behind her ears. I'm happy it's grown back so much, I liked the shirt and all but the longer it continues the get reminds me how much I prefers it before the change. "You done with your food?" I ask looking at Ez' s empty plate.
"All done," she says proudly putting her hands flat in the table. Carefully getting up from the bench I pick up the box containing Vina and mines dinner, neither of us hungry enough to finish. Ez stops next to my side grabbing my hand as usual before we start towards the car. She runs forward fast for me to yank her back, feet flying up from the ground. Falling into a pit a laughter, I pick her up into a cradle.
"What are you doing down there?" I tease switching her upside down. Her feet swing back and forth almost hitting me in the face signaling it's time to put her down. Setting her on her feet I bug into my pocket for the keys, pressing both buttons for the trunk and locks. The kids run around the side getting in on their own while Vina works on getting the seat out of the stroller. "I'll put her in, just put the food in the back and start the car please," I say, handing over the keys.
     The kids are already bickering over something when I put her in, making sure to hear the click of it securing. I hate doing this but easier, I'm always scared it's somehow not in the right way or I'm not keeping her strapped in tight enough but I have to get over it.
    "DAD!" Cass yells, his young but mature voice stern with urgency. My body whips around trying to look his eyes direction. The sound of loud of bullets around blow around us, the quickness of everything taking me off guard. Slamming the door shut I try running to the back praying Vina isn't down not hearing anything. My eyes widen spotting a short muscular man running towards us holding the gun out. Reaching into my waistband I pull out the gun I keep tucked in for emergency, quickly  loading it as I dodge down beside Vina's trembling body.
     I don't take my eyes off the man, putting myself in front of Vina to block any shot. It's a helpless attempt now hearing more shots from my right, another man running from a brush. I scream out a curse praying I have enough amp in this motherfucker. "RUN! GET IN THE CAR!" I yell at Vina, shooting at the short man finally getting him in the neck.
    "I CAN'T-"
    "GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" I yell over her turning my attention to the right. Listening she pulls herself up from the ground, running around the opposite side. Squatting up a bullet flies straight into my ankle kneeling me back down.
    "QUE DIOS TENGA MISERICODIA DE SIS ALMAS *May God have mercy on your souls*!" He yells in Spanish. Fucking Marbelo's. Adrenaline shoots through me giving me the strength to stand, shooting helplessly at the attacker. Ducking down behind a rock the try going for my other leg, sticking their body out too far giving me the perfect shot for their head.
    Loud gasping and shrieks of horror make me run back around, the pain in my ankle almost invisible at the moment. I keep the gun held in front ready to shoot, my stomach dropping to the ground at the sight of another masked Marbelo pulling Vina away. His large arm keeps her head in a choke hold, hands banging on him in pleading to let go.
     My hands shake trying to get the right shot without getting myself blown. The sound of bullets off my side makes me jump, cursing loudly. Hiding behind the side of the car I peek out for a second letting fire. Another bullet hits my leg, this time the other in the knee. I bite down in my tongue to keep from screaming in agony. The sound of more bullets neatly makes my heart stop.
    But then there's silence. All silence other than the cars passing by and my screaming children in the backseat. Keeping the gun held out I hold onto the trunk handle pulling myself off my knees. The back door flies open, Ez and Cassius running out. My heart sinks to the floor not seeing Vina standing where she was.
    "VINAAA! CORVIANA!" I yell sprinting over, trying to ignore the heavy limp in my step. I'll be fine, it's nothing I've neither suffered before or worse.
   The masked man lays lifeless in the cut grass, Vina laying on his chest still being held under his arm. My eyes scan over her shaking body, her trembling hands pressing down on her left side, blood soaking her once beautiful dress.
      "Come here," I say, throwing the sick fuckers arm off her. Despite the lack of strength in my body the strong adrenaline pumping through me keeps me going, somehow possessing me enough strength to hoist her up, tossing her arm over my shoulder. "We're gonna go the hospital. You're gonna be okay."

    AN: YAAAALLLLL!!!!! I'MMMM BACCCKKKKK!!!!! Oh how I've fuckin missed this sooooo damn much!!! I've been writing, not like I used to be able to or as much as I wished to due to honestly so much that was going on and I needed to put my focus on, but I always miss this aalll the time!!! I'm so happy to finally get this update up and I know the beginning is kinda drug out but it was already written and I didn't wanna delete such a large portion, so decided to just go out with a bang to make up for everything 😊😈 I once again apologize sooo much for the wait but I hope this was worth it and I'm back now with updates so be looking forward to them and make sure to be following me for story updates! ♥️
   Question: What do you think of the Marbelo ambush and where do you think the last bullets came from??🤔👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740K 17K 38
Corvina Maxwell is a painter, an artist with an adoration for dark literature and themes outside of the good. She's a kind spirit but she's always be...
622 38 18
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
21.2K 789 62
[WARNING 🚨; THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE THEME . IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SEXUAL REFERENCES ,SENCE,ABUSE,CURSING,ETC. YOU HAVE DEEN WARNED]. It's...
25.6K 814 32
COMPLETE✔️ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...