The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 45

1.7K 107 26
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Miyeon would have her presentation on the third day and she is already very nervous about it.

That is because in spite of the things that happened the other day, Miyeon still decided to try her luck in scheming against Chaeyoung today.

Aside from the fact that she always saw Chaeyoung as someone inferior to her, Miyeon also thinks that whatever Chaeyoung did to their company was something that she did not do alone.

She must have some accomplice and Miyeon guessed that it would be no other than Taehyung. It must have been Taehyung. Or how could Chaeyoung expose them like that?

That is the only explanation why Chaeyoung was able to pull it off and show everyone how skilled she was.

After what happened, Miyeon still believed that Chaeyoung is beneath her. And she is very adamant to prove that.

She already made her decision. She would sacrifice own pride today just to expose Chaeyoung's schemes. Miyeon chose to ignore her father and grandfather's warning and prove to everyone that Chaeyoung is just someone good at manipulating people.

And this time she was able to manipulate everyone into believing that she was the one who made that virus that Taehyung or some other experts made.

Of course, she did not know that at this point Chaeyoung is also scheming against her and the whole Choi Family.

---

The day after Chaeyoung's presentation was in total chaos- in a good way.

Chaeyoung attracted not just the attention of the media but also a lot of foreign businessmen. After what happened, her name is now the hottest potato in most of the prominent businessmen's tongue.

After all, who wouldn't want to talk about someone who created a breakthrough in the web industry?

Of course, this phenomenon had no effect against Chaeyoung. She was used in dealing with the media from her previous life, so she is quite confident that she can handle situations like this.

After having breakfast with her mother in law, Chaeyoung immediately went to the venue with her mother in law to attend some of the most prominent companies' presentation including the Choi Conglomerate.

The moment the duo arrived at the venue, they immediately attracted a lot of attention from both the media and some business individual.

Now that a lot of people were aware of what happened between the Choi and Wang Family yesterday, many were wondering about its effect in the web industy.

Furthermore, many wanted to know about the status of the rumored engagement between Jackson and Wendy. Since Old Man Choi and Miyeon blatantly schemed against the Wang Family, does that mean that this engagement will not happen?

Of course, Chaeyoung never said a word nor answer any of the reporter's words who immediately bombarded her with questions the moment she arrived in her seat.

"Miss Park, what will happen to the engagement now?"

"Madam Manoban, what can you say about Miss Park aggressive behavior yesterday?"

The barrage of questions from the reporter immediately made Laura's face darkened. She immediately sensed that this was another scheme set up by someone for them.

Who would dare involve her into their schemes like this? Who would have the guts to do this?

"Miss Park, what happened yesterday? Is there going to be a lawsuit happening against the Choi Family soon?"

"What can you say about the sabotage Miss Park?"

"Madam Manoban is this a sign that you are going to support the Wang Family instead of the Choi's?"

"Miss Park, some people compared you to the young miss of the Choi Family... What can you say about this?"

Chaeyoung stared at the group of reporters who were crowded in front of her and wondered how these people were able to enter the summit. This is supposed to be an invite-only summit for media personnel. So how come there are many reporters in front of her now?

"I'm sorry, but I won't say anything about any of this right now. However, we will release an official statement soon." She said indifferently before she signaled some of the guards to let these group of people out of the venue.

The guards immediately dragged the reporters away, however they still persisted on asking uncomfortable questions to the duo. As if they wanted to get some reaction from both Chaeyoung and Laura.

"Miss Park what about Young Miss Manoban, do you feel you are deserving of her after what happened Yesterday?"

"Miss Park... one more question..."

"Miss Park your stepsister and father...

"Miss Park..."

After the reporters were finally cleared. One of the hotel personnel immediately apologized to them and expressed his regret for doing a very bad job.

"Who let those people in?" Laura immediately asked one of her private bodyguards when the hotel personnel left.

"One of the reporters said it was the young miss of the Choi Family who pulled some strings and let them in." Chaeyoung's ears immediately perked the moment she heard Miyeon's name.

Really? What is that girl thinking now?

"What a dumb girl." Laura muttered while frowning. That Miyeon really is a brainless fool. "And she still wondered why I never liked her."

"Give me a list of all those reporters names, and I want you to get everyone's sworn statement about what happened today." Chaeyoung said as her gaze turned cold.

The guard immediately bowed before walking away.

It seems that Miyeon does not fear her even after what happened yesterday. Maybe she needed to push a little bit more to make that girl tremble with fear.

Miyeon started her presentation with a lot of confidence and an amicable smile.

However, even though she was smiling amicably people in the hall kept staring disgusting and looking scornfully at her.

Moreover, the complete silence in the room did not help her at all. It only made her more and more irritated towards Chaeyoung.

Why Chaeyoung?

Because for Miyeon, Chaeyoung was the one who had caused all this.

Yesterday she was a renowned genius in the computer science industry. But now she was nothing; just a mere laughing stock who schemed against others to elevate their own company.

What could be the reason behind all this other than Chaeyoung's scheming mind?

Somehow Miyeon chose to blame Chaeyoung for all of her misfortunes and failed to recognize her own jealous heart and acknowledge her own faults that lead to this current situation.

"So, any questions?"  Miyeon asked while giving everyone a polite smile that masked her tense nerves. This summit was supposed to be her moment to shine.

Yet because of that damn Chaeyoung , her image as a prodigy had been tainted.

"Miss Choi, good job on making such a great algorithm to enhance the security of our mobile games. I am just curious about how strong is the firewall of this program. What can it do to viruses that steal the player's information?"

"Thank you, sir and that was a very good question. I am already planning to have everyone test the security of my creation. In fact, I am actually looking for people who can try and crack its firewall. Can I have any volunteers?" Miyeon asked while smiling amiably to the crowd.

She looked around into the crowd and even nodded at Chaeyoung when her eyes landed on her. Her demeanor was so professional that many did not recognize her from her aura alone.

Of course, that was Miyeon's goal all along. If she wanted to fight against Chaeyoung then she could only be smart about it. Hence, she needed to highlight her professionalism and her calm state of mind.

"Ah yes. Please proceed to the right Mister. We have already prepared some computers for you."  Miyeon gestured the male volunteer who had raised his hands. "Anyone else?" She asked.

Chaeyoung looked at the smiling Miyeon to the stage and couldn't help but cringe. She could clearly sense that Miyeon was planning something, but she chose to wait and see.

Chaeyoung watched as more and more people raised their hands to volunteer.

Miyeon then chose five people from the crowd to occupy the other 6 seats that were prepared for the people who would test her program.

As the volunteers started to break the firewall of her program, a hint of conceit flashed in Miyeon's eyes.

Earlier she was very confident that no one could hack their way into her creation because she had personally developed it. Moreover, she was certain that her product would be as popular as Chaeyoung's creation in the international market.

Seeing the confidence of the volunteers shatter one by one, Miyeon could not help but cheer for herself. She then glanced at Chaeyoung who was so engrossed at the number and codes on the screen and sneered. This was it.

The time that she had been waiting for had finally come.

"So, I guess this should be enough to prove that my program is unbreakable. Right?" She asked the person who raised this question earlier with a smile on her face, she was extremely pleased as everything was going as expected.

The person nodded in response before smirking at looking at the front row. "I always thought that Miss Park there would volunteer and debunk your claims Miss Choi. I guess she still does not have enough experience for this after all."

When Chaeyoung heard the man's statement she immediately turned her head to look at him. The man smirked at Chaeyoung before he took his seat and focused his attention to Miyeon.

"Oh... Please, this is not the time for comparisons. I acknowledge Miss Park's abilities but not participating was her choice. I would like to keep this a complete business talk so I am not willing to dabble more into this. However, since Miss Park is also talented in computer science like me, it would be my great honor to watch her give this a try." Miyeon said while still smiling and looking as professional as ever.

This was her goal all along.

She wanted to challenge Chaeyoung in front of everyone. She had even paid for someone to open up this topic during her presentation. And since no one in their right mind would agree to this, Miyeon had used a special currency to pay the man.

The lecherous man who had asked the question that led to this situation had indeed asked for Miyeon's 'services' as payment. However, it did not matter to her.

As someone who stayed abroad for five years, Miyeon had already adapted to some foreign cultures such as being more open-minded in terms of sexual pleasures.

Looking at Chaeyoung's conflicted face as a sense of victory started to creep into her eyes. Just as she predicted! Chaeyoung had faked it! She did not have the skills to compete against her.

However, before she could celebrate inwardly, she heard Chaeyoung voice that carried a unique mocking tone.

"Of course, Miss Choi. This is just strictly business no hard feelings. Let me give it a try."

Miyeon turned at Chaeyoung's approached. She tried to masked the disgust in her eyes but Chaeyoung already took notice of this the moment she took a step towards her.

"That sounds great Miss Park. I will be very glad to have you on board. Please sit down." She gestured Chaeyoung to sit on one of the vacant seats across her. "It would be an honor to learn something from you, Miss Park. After all, what you created yesterday was something that no one else ever did." She said, mockery and malice apparent in her eyes.

What creation? It wasn't Chaeyoung who created it.

How can she learn something so sophisticated when she hasn't even taken a step to her grandfather's company?

Chaeyoung just smiled at her and ignored her comments. She was here to show this woman what fear is. And she was about to start.

"So, Miss Park... can you please tell me what you are planning to do to my program?"  Miyeon inquired while sneering inwardly.

"Nothing much. I can see that your program had a stable network, memory and on disk layer which is good when it comes to authentication." Chaeyoung answered.

"So, are you just going to appreciate my work then? I mean... I already know that."

"No. Miss Choi, you misunderstood. I didn't appreciate anything. I was telling you that you have a very simple algorithm. Nothing is really special about this one."

"Excuse me?" Miyeon raised her voice as she furrowed her brows. Simple? Did Chaeyoung just said that her program was 'very simple'?

"I said... there is nothing special in this program at all. I can crack this with my eyes closed."

"You-" Finally, Miyeon's smiling facade fell. "Did you just insulted my work?"

"Miss Choi. Insult is a very strong word. I was just telling the truth. People call this radical honesty, but I would call this being blunt." Chaeyoung answered in a nonchalant way. Not caring how her words were affecting Miyeon.

As a result, Miyeon immediately fumed when she saw Chaeyoung's languid smile and casual posture.

What did she mean by telling the truth? Chaeyoung clearly insulted her new program!

"Miss Park, let me remind you not to get to full of yourself. How can you say that my program is simple when no one was able to hack through it?"  Miyeon asked while trying to stop herself from tearing Chaeyoung's beautiful face.

"Two reasons. First, they did not see the mistake in your end. They focus mainly on what you reported earlier and second..." Chaeyoung made a deliberate pause while her lips turned into a mocking smile. "half of them didn't know what they were doing. As if... someone just paid them to raised their hand and pretend to hack into your program."

"A complete trash... that is what I would call them." Chaeyoung added.

"You- If you are so confident that you can do better than them then why don't you do it now? Stop talking nonsense and show us what you know!"

"Well, Miss Choi... I am too lazy for this but since I am in a very good mood today... let me show you what I was talking about." Chaeyoung answered before diving her hands into the computers keyboards.

"I will show you three things right now... four if you are lucky. First, let me show you how I would duplicate this program. Clone it into something similar and add some malware to steal the player's information when they purchased something using their cards."

This time it was Miyeon's turned to stare at Chaeyoung and mock her words. Steal their information? She spent days if not weeks to perfect this part of her program. How could Chaeyoung do it in a span of hours?

"Miss Park, I'm not too sure if you understand what you are talking about. You can't just do this in hours. Duplicating or cloning a program requires attention... too much attention to every details and algorithm. You can't finish it within an hour." Someone from Miyeon's side blurted his thoughts.

He was working as a specialist for this game and one of the employees who were lucky enough to be chosen for this presentation. He knows how much effort the Young Miss Choi had given to this aspect of the program.

"He is right, Miss Park. It is truly okay to say that you cannot beat the program. Some of my best men tried it earlier. There is actually no need to do something impossible here. "Another one from the crowd agreed.

What Chaeyoung said is simply impossible.

Even the crowd who witnessed this exchange slowly nodded their head in approval. Doing something like this in a very limited time is impossible.

This Chaeyoung is surely biting more than she could chew.

There are a lot of computer engineers in the venue as well as prominent figures in computer science and even they can't help but agree with the person who spoke earlier.

This is an impossible task. She cannot do it.

Seeing everyone's expression, Chaeyoung's face instantly brightened.

"How about we make a bet?"

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
59.2K 2.5K 38
What if the person you beg for love before but rejected you several times suddenly asked you to come back and love her again. Jennie Kim and Park Cha...
97.4K 3.9K 54
THIRD BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES By now, Lisa and Chaeyoung both know to expect the unexpected. But you can never be prepared, especially when their l...
140K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...