The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 40

1.6K 106 7
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

"Actually, I don't want to ask you about the identity of this person." Chaeyoung said while staring at the man on the floor.

"At least everything is clear now. Someone is deliberately creating trouble for me and the Wang Group." She added.

Meanwhile, the crowd who is watching the show have a varied expression on their faces. Even the media could not catch up to the current drama in front of them.

Did someone try to sabotage Miss Park's presentation? This...

This is going to be a piece of big news!

Who would try and sabotage the Wang Groups presentation? The people from the media and some businessmen immediately made assumptions about this whole fiasco.

"So... you can hack emails. Great! But that is a different thing than making a new virus, Miss Park. You should know that." Old Man Choi said while gritting his teeth.

Who knows how this Chaeyoung can suddenly hack into someone's email. According to his Intel, this woman should not have any experience in hacking.

Even Miyeon and Daniel were quite shocked to watch her hack into someone's email. They did not know that she was capable of something like this.

Because of this, Daniel decided to assess Chaeyoung again to avoid more mistakes in the future.

While Miyeon is still wrapped in her own bubble. Still pretending not to see this simple red flag making Miyeon think that her initial judgment of Chaeyoung is still accurate.

"You are very much right Mr. Choi. However, this is just the start of my demonstration" she answered before proceeding to write more codes in her laptop. "What I will do now is send a virus to the one who is trying to sabotage my presentation. I will send a virus to this email and the only one who can stop this is my invention."

"This comes with the assurance that not even the best team of experts can nullify this set of infectious codes."

"This virus will not only corrupt the file on that laptop but also to the accounts and emails inside this computer." Chaeyoung added.

Old Man Choi's wrinkly face immediately showed a crack when he heard Chaeyoung's words.

Although he is confident that his firewall could withstand a simple virus attack, he is quite surprised that Chaeyoung can do things like this.

He also can't stop but ask himself when did this hacking skills come from. The level of her skills is unknown even to him, so he is not yet sure how to deal with her.

Meanwhile, the pressure inside the hall is obviously getting stronger, and some people can't help but be curious as to how this seemingly young woman can achieve this.

Moreover, they also want to see how she will show to everyone that this virus exists.

After a few more seconds Chaeyoung let out a smile of victory. Finally!

Face slapping these people in front of everyone is such an addictive feeling.

"There you go. Since the laptop is not in this hall then it might take some time before the owner can get to it. Meaning... more corrupted files. Isn't that right Mr. Choi?" She smirked. If this Old Man thinks that she is just playing a game then he is so wrong.

This old man is in for a surprise.

Old Man Choi can't help but sneer while staring back at Chaeyoung. The girl seemed to discover that he is the one who paid the man to ruin her presentation. But so what?

What can she do about it? What virus? He is almost a hundred percent sure that his top hackers can help him get rid of this virus. He then glanced at his watch to check the time.

A flash of pleasure can be seen in his face when he remembered that in less than one minute, the virus that he added to the electronic system will make its way into Chaeyoung's laptop.

He is sure that this presentation is already a failure.

"You are right Miss Park. I just hope that the culprit does not have the skills to counter the virus that you sent in his computer." He answered without giving much emotion. He could not let his excitement show.

However, before he could even celebrate inwardly his phone immediately rang. A signal that someone is calling him. He instantly canceled the call.

Who would dare disturb him in moments like this?

Any second now and the system will be compromised. And he is so excited to see this...

Then his phone made another beep a signal for a new message. Old Man Choi clenched his jaws while opening his phone.

He chastised himself for not bringing his personal secretary to do elementary stuff such as this.

However, Old Man Choi's face immediately turned solemn after reading his text message.

Every part of him goes into pause while his thoughts tried to catch up. Only two words made its way into his mind as he stared at the smiling Chaeyoung on the stage.

Security Breach.

Was...Was it a coincidence?

"Father, is something wrong?" Daniel asked Old Man when he noticed his ashen face.

Daniel is unaware of his father's arrangement to the man who ruined Chaeyoung's presentation. He had his fair share of doubts about that man but he does not want to confront his father with no evidence whatsoever.

"Did something happen? Is everything alright?" He asked again after his father hadn't answered his first question. Chaeyoung said that she sent a virus to the culprit's email.

If his father was the one who masterminds that incident then it could only mean that Chaeyoung sent the virus to his father's computer and it might have affected the whole security system of their company.

Watching the Old Man's face made Daniel more suspicious.

"Father, answer me." He demanded

However, before Old Man Choi can answer Chaeyoung's voice already echoed on the hall.

"Okay, since we all know that person won't just come now and ask for my virus, I will have to..."

Chaeyoung's words were interrupted by the sudden flickering of lights and the loss of power which only last for a few seconds.

This is the signal that the Choi Family had been waiting for. The sign that their plans are coming to fruition.

"Ehem... nothing is wrong. Stay focus." Old Man Choi immediately answered Daniel.

What can a little security breach can do to his company? He is sure that it is just a little coincidence.

Until now, Old Man still doubted Chaeyoung's capabilities so it is only reasonable for him not to believe anything that she says.

"The show is about to begin. Keep watching." He added in a whisper to his son.

"We apologize for the power interruption we had some sudden emergency in our power source." Someone from the hotel immediately approached the stage and made a bow to everyone.

The power is already back so not many people voice out their complaints nor their worries.

A sudden power interruption? Hmmm... While some find it a simple problem, some individuals found it worrisome.

Especially people who specialized in hacking.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung can't help but pursed her lips while looking at her now dead laptop.

She tried to turn it on but it seems that she cannot see anything other than a black page. She furrowed her brows while trying to analyze the things that occur during this meeting.

What could have gone wrong?

"Miss Park please continue your presentation, everyone is eager to know more about this product that you speak of." Chaeyoung heard someone's words.

"That's right Miss Park. You have yet to prove that your virus really works." Old Man Choi added while laughing inwardly. He can see Chaeyoung's confused reaction and he can already guess what is going on.

He is a hundred percent sure that Chaeyoung's laptop is currently not working.

Chaeyoung immediately signaled Taehyung to bring his laptop over but it seems that his laptop is suffering from the same fate.

"Excuse me, everyone. We encountered a little technical problem. Please bear with us." She said before giving a bow and walking towards the tech personnel that handles concerns like this.

Chaeyoung tried to borrow a laptop but to her surprise, the laptop of the tech personnel is also not working.

"Excuse me but can anyone check their laptops and see if it's working?" The personnel asked everyone while looking a little confused. This is the first time that he encountered this issue.

The people who attended the conference then checked their laptops and to their surprise, all of their works had been corrupted. Their laptops are unusable.

This made Chaeyoung more and more uncomfortable. Is someone trying to sabotage their presentation? Or their creation?

Chaeyoung's pupils dilated as the sudden realization hit her.

She immediately asked the staff to find a working laptop, so she can check her hard drive.

The virus that they made was in her hard drive and she unknowingly connected her hard drive to her laptop even though she is not using it.

If her conjectures are true then...

Someone must have planted a virus to the electronic system and corrupted all computers who is connected to the hotel's electricity.

This could mean that the virus could have corrupted her hard drive even though she did not use it!

Her face turned a couple of shades darker while gritting her teeth.

The only person who could have done such a thing as this is someone from the Choi Family!

They are the only family who would go to such lengths just to embarrass her own Wang Family.

She roamed her eyes around the crowd until her eyes landed at Old Man Choi then to Miyeon who is clearly smirking at her.

Huh. What a family.

However, did they think that Chaeyoung and the Wang Family is some mediocre programming start-up company?

Well, Chaeyoung is going to be very happy to show them how wrong they were to underestimate her.

Choi Family? Just you wait! Your end is about to come...

....

The tech personnel immediately found a working laptop and just like what Chaeyoung predicted, her drive had been wiped out clean.

"Miss Park, are you still going to continue your presentation?"  Miyeon's innocent tone made Chaeyoung a little irritated.

This woman never seems to learn her lesson.

Chaeyoung just stared at Miyeon without giving her any answers. She can't help but sneer inwardly.

People think that this Miyeon is a prodigy. How come her IQ seems a little low in Chaeyoung's eyes?

"Hmp! Stop wasting our time Miss Park. We are all businessmen here. We can't wait forever." Old Man added.

After his statement, most of the businessmen present also started to nod their heads.

Old Man Choi is right, this young woman should stop wasting their time. Time is money, and they can't just waste it in someone like this.

"If you cannot prove that this virus really exists then, I guess we should just proceed to the next company." Someone from the front row said.

Everyone is interested in this virus, but it seems that the Wang Group cannot prove its existence after all.

"Please, Miss Park don't waste our time anymore."

"Right. This is a very important product. But we need proof."

"You already have a working laptop. What are we still waiting for?" Someone deliberately made his voice higher than usual so Chaeyoung could hear his words.

Miyeon who is already expecting this scene immediately tried to converse with her friends.

"Maybe she wanted the one who sabotaged her presentation to reveal themselves?" Young Miss Han said. She is not aware of the Choi Family's plan, so she clearly does not know Miyeon's already planned activities as well.

"Sabotage? Are we even sure that they exist?"  Miyeon blurted just enough for everyone to hear.

"What if she was the one who arranged everything? Just to make an issue for publicity? Hmp! That woman is vicious. You should all know about her paternal family." Yeji added.

"She is so capable in hacking just to show off but that does not really prove anything aside from the fact that she knows a little way to hack into emails. That is like the basic stuff in programming."  Miyeon and Yeji's conversation is not very loud, but both of them made sure that many people can hear them.

This made more and more people voiced out their dissatisfaction. However, with all the things that are happening, some prominent businessmen are still sitting there calmly. This includes Madam Manoban.

While Laura's reason for staying calm is her deep desire to see Chaeyoung in action, the other businessmen stayed calm because of different reasons. Some of them felt like Chaeyoung seem to wait for something to happen.

Like she is just watching her prey. Waiting for them to be in too deep before diving in for a kill. Old businessmen are different. They tend to analyze the situation properly before doing something about it.

Of course that is with the exception of Old Man Choi. After all he is already aware of what is yet to come.

Chaeyoung looked at the crowd who is getting impatient. They are right. She is waiting. She is waiting for the people who will side against the Wang Family to make sure that she knows her possible enemy.

For Chaeyoung, everyone against the Wang Family in business is a possible threat in her future empire.

"Thank you for waiting patiently everyone." She started. "I'm not too sure about what happened but after the power interruption, everything in my drive had been erased."

"What do you mean? Are you trying to play a game, Miss Park?"

"What erase? More like it never existed in the first place."

Without waiting for Chaeyoung's explanation more and more people started to say something making the hall chaotic.

In spite of this, Chaeyoung remained calm. Even though some people started chastising her, she just watched and stared at them indifferently.

She is waiting for the Choi Family to involve themselves in this mess.

"Oh. You can't say anything now? I always thought that you could have done something that could make Madam proud. Guess you can't really compare to Miyeon after all."  Yeji's shrill voice seems to overpower everyone's voice making sure that everyone can hear her.

"This young girl Hwang is really sensible. Of course, she can't compare to our Miyeon. What hacking? Is she really capable of doing something like that? Hmp! I bet she just paid someone to act, so she can create hype for her company." Old Man Choi said with his nose in the air.

"Okay. Old Man this has to stop like right now!" Laura suddenly interrupted as her patience already ran out. She does not understand Chaeyoung's plan nor she has any idea what she is thinking about but, she cannot help but involve herself in this situation.

She cannot just act like a tree and watch everyone insults her daughter in law. What will her daughter say if she will know  that she was not able to protect Chaeyoung?

However, before Laura can even take a single step towards Old Man Choi and Miyeon, Chaeyoung already tap her shoulder gently.

"Mother... it's okay. Let me handle this."

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.9K 42
Chaeyoung's father is put on life support, and becoming Lisa Manoban's girlfriend is her last chance at paying his bills. It was supposed to be about...
226K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...
118K 6K 83
This two legacy had been competing for being the top Mafia Group all across the world. The war had been starting since one century back then between...