The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 39

1.6K 105 25
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

From Old Man Choi's intel, the Wang Group have a new virus, and they are planning to develop this and sell it to the highest bidders.

He does not have the exact information about this since they have been very secretive about the product. However, he already decided to send someone to spy for the Wang Group.

Since he is planning to take over the Wang Group, Old Man Choi already decided to go all out in his plans. For him, Wang Group is just a tool that he can use against the Manoban Family.

"Father, I don't think that this plan will work. The committee will trace it back to us." Daniel said while frowning at his father. Old Man Choi wanted to plant a virus to the whole hotel that will attack the who electronic system during the presentation.

This will then, sabotage the Wang's presentation. This virus is something that their company is trying to develop. However, this one is still it's in the early phase.

Daniel is worried that it will not work and will, in turn, be traced back to them.

"Hmp! Do you still trust your father? When I say it will work then it will surely work!" Old Man chided. His son is really a weakling. Always thinking of something going wrong instead of doing something that will make it more successful.

"Why are you always thinking about my plan going awry? Why don't you think about a way to get back to that hateful Laura for embarrassing your daughter?"

"You let that woman scold you in front of so many people! Do you still some pride left in you? How about your daughter? You did not protect her well! Do you want her to be embarrassed every time that this happens?" Old Man added.

"Father, we all know that it was Miyeon's fault why this happened. I already told her not to provoke Young Miss Park and give up her feelings towards Lisa. This should become a lesson to her." Daniel said righteously. Although he loves his daughter so much, he will make sure not to treat her like his father treated Wendy. Meaning he will let her know her mistakes and stop her from doing stupid things.

"So now you are blaming your daughter? Is that why you let that Laura embarrass her? Huh? Is that what you have learned from me? Letting someone embarrass your daughter? It was your job to protect her!"

"Father... Madam is..." Daniel really wanted to tell his father about Madam Laura's strange ways but he does not know how to even form words to describe her.

Could he say that her dark eyes can send some shiver into his spine? That would not sound so cowardly, right?

"What? Are you going to say that she is one hell of a scary woman? Our Choi Family had been friends with Manoban Family for years! You could have said something instead of becoming a chicken and not protect your daughter like I would have done!"

"Is that why you decided to spread those rumors against Miss Park? Are you not afraid that this will attract Madam's attention?" Daniel asked.

"So what? What can she do about it? You think she will do something to save a measly teenager she had known for what? Two or three months? What I did was essential for them! This will make them realize that Chaeyoung is not suited for Lisa! Such a nasty woman! How could she even compare herself to my granddaughter?"

"But... don't you think you are underestimating Madam's concern toward Chaeyoung? From the say she interacted with her, it seems that she sincerely likes Lisa's fiance." Daniel tried to reason out. He can't help but feel like his father is making mistakes after mistakes with his decisions these days.

"Hmp! Women are replaceable. There are much more talented women out there! Chaeyoung has a bad background. She is ruthless even to her family members. I even heard that her stepmother suddenly disappeared without a trace. Who knows if she did something to her?"

"Having this type of woman in the family is scary. So what if she is beautiful? So what if her maternal family are rich? I'm sure Laura will realize soon enough that her daughter's fiance is not suited to be the matriarch."

"With the rumors going on... it won't be a long time before she realizes that agreeing to this engagement is a mistake. I reckon she will even cancel this before this summit ends."

Old Man's words made Daniel a little speechless. Why does it seem like his father is trying to ruin someone's reputation so Miyeon can get closer to the Manoban Family?

Is his father that desperate to have Miyeon close to Lisa? Now, Daniel's doubts on his father's plans are increasing.

He wanted to know why his father would do something like this.

Why does he feel like his father is acting a crazier day after day?

Is he going to indulge Miyeon just like what he did to Wendy?

Is the history going to repeat itself this time?

After Old Man Choi and Daniel discussion. Both them then proceeded to attend the event.

Even though Daniel is not really enthusiastic about all this, he still has to support Miyeon who will also be their company's representative.

Old Man Choi and Daniel then sent to the seat that was given to them by the committee.

The Wang Group is set to have their presentation before noon, and many of the guests were to surprise to know that Chaeyoung will represent the Wang Group.

Some of them have doubts if she is really capable enough to answer their questions since she has no experience in dealing with businessmen like them.

However, some also decided to give Chaeyoung the benefit of the doubt. Her grandfather, the sole founder of Wang Group is considered a genius in the industry so it should not be that surprising to have Chaeyoung inherit some of his genes, right?

After a few presentations, it was finally Chaeyoung's turn. She immediately made her way into the stage.

The crowd instantly turned silent.

Her footsteps echoed sharply around the hall full of people. Her looks immediately gathered most of the crowd's attention.

"Hmp. A stiletto? Who would wear such impractical shoes like that?" Hwang Yeji blurted, jealousy apparent in her eyes.

"Yeji, stop saying that. Did you forget our goal for today?"  Miyeon immediately whispered in her friend's ears. She already apologized to this hateful Chaeyoung last night so she could not have Yeji make another scene today. She needed to show everyone that she held no grudges.

Her grandfather already informed her of what will happen today and she could not help but clap her hands inwardly for her grandfather's genius ideas. As expected, her grandfather will not let her down.

Today, a virus will corrupt every laptop or computer that will use this hotel's electronics for two minutes. This sounds too short but the damage that it will create is unimaginable.

And since this virus is practically invisible, no one can trace it back to the laptop in her hands.

Ah... only the gods know how excited she is to see Chaeyoung embarrass herself today.

Chaeyoung then gave a low bow before giving everyone a smile.

"Virus." She started. "A virus is a malicious program that spreads by itself into other executable doc.u.ments or coed with the sole purpose of infecting vulnerable systems, gaining admin control and stealing some vital information."

"I'm sure everyone here knows the danger of viruses so I will not waste everyone's time and assume that you already know it's purpose."

"Nowadays, a lot of security system had been developing themselves with the sole purpose of creating a multi-layered defense system that can detect harmful viruses. However, as technology continued to progress, these viruses also continued to evolve into something more harmful. More infectious. More dangerous."

Chaeyoung continued the introduction of her speech before finally revealing the Wang Group's product.

"Because of this, the Wang Group develop a new strain of computer virus that can counter all types of infectious virus by devouring them. What this thing can do is overwrite the program of the virus. Changing it into something harmless. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are so proud to introduce the W Strain Devour Virus."

Chaeyoung's declaration earned a lot of gasps from the crowd. What does she mean by a virus that could devour another virus?

That is something that is not in the global market.

Did they just create a breakthrough?

"Miss Park!"

"Miss Park questions."

"Miss Park here."

A group of businessmen and reporters immediately raised their hands to clarify Chaeyoung's statement.

If what she is saying is the truth then this could be the start of a revolutionary era of the viruses.

Some people do not understand the significance of this W Strain. However, to the businessmen and tech companies, this is an absolute breakthrough.

Imagine what will happen if everyone will have something like this on their computer? No one will worry about spam sites and viruses and harmful emails. This will have its greatest impact to business that requires tight computer security like banks.

A lot of people knows that this could be the start of something that could change everyone's view of computer viruses.

"I already told everyone that I will only accept questions after my presentation but since a lot of you are showing interest, let me answer two questions from the crowd. You the gentleman who first raised your hand. What do you want to know?"

Chaeyoung pointed to the gentleman from the back without knowing that this person is someone who was paid by the Choi Family to ruin the presentation and embarrass her.

This gestured earn a sneer from both Old Man Choi and Miyeon.

A virus that can devour another virus?

Does that even exist?

But no one could blame them for thinking that there is no such thing like this. After all, they have been trying to create some viruses themselves but were always met with failure.

"Ehem... so I was wondering... who created this new strain? Why are you the one presenting this instead of that person? I mean... don't take it personally, but this is a very important achievement. We should give the proper recognition to the one who made this." The man in his forties immediately spoke the moment he received the mic.

Chaeyoung stared at the man while laughing inwardly. This one is clearly full of malicious intent. She wondered who could have employed this man to say things such as this.

Her eyes traveled to the crowd and rest towards the smiling Laura before it finally landed towards Old Man Choi.

She can see the smirk in his wrinkly face.

From this, Chaeyoung can already guess that this must be created by the old man.

Such a shameless old man.

"You are already speaking to the creator of this virus strain. I spent three years of my life to finish this new virus strain, so I can give it to my grandfather as a birthday gift." She answered truthfully. This was the first ever virus that she had worked and spent most of his time abroad with.

The product of her studies and multiple mistakes.

This is hers.

Her baby.

And she is one hell of a proud mother.

Chaeyoung's answer earned another round of gasps from the crowd.

What does she mean by he is already talking to the creator?

Does that mean that she created this virus herself?

"Ehem... Miss Park, Please refrain from lying. My sources say that you have no computer background whatsoever." The man sneered. Although he is someone paid to do this, he also made sure to do his own research about his targets.

"Okay. I will answer your remaining questions after I finish my presentation." Chaeyoung said while doing his best to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

She knows that everyone will doubt her, but she at least expected them not to asked questions before she finished her presentation.

"Miss Park, I guess it is only right that you clarify this stuff. This is very important. You cannot just come here and tell everyone that you created something when everyone here knows that you have no prior experience in creating software." the man reason before walking towards the stage.

"You cannot assume that you can get away with everything just because you came from a big company," he added.

Chaeyoung stared at the man who seems so confident. This man is trying to make some guests, and businessmen think badly about the Wang Group.

"That's right Miss Park. Even your cousin Taehyung who is more experienced than you do not have this capability. Why are you telling us now that you made this virus? Do you want to embarrass the Wang Group?" Old Man Choi's voice suddenly echoed earning some side glances from prominent businessmen.

The Wang Group and the Choi Conglomerate are both managed by prominent families. However, there had been some rumors that Jackson of the Wang Group will marry Wendy Choi of the Choi Conglomerate because he was threatened.

If that is true then... Will it be reasonable for the Old Man to oppose to the Wang Group? What if Jackson will cancel this engagement?

Or what if... Old Man Choi is the one who does not like this engagement? Is this the reason why he is blatantly saying something to embarrass someone from the Wang Family?

If that is the case then the rumor of the Choi Family threatening Jackson for marriage should not be true. Right?

"You are wrong Mr. Choi. I do not like to embarrass myself or anyone from the Wang Group. However, since you are really adamant on making, these claims then let me show you how I did this." Chaeyoung said before grabbing her laptop.

"Let me do some sort of a demonstration." She said before tying a series of codes in her laptop. "I will start by hacking into someone's laptop as well. And since you, sir is really sure that I cannot do such a thing. Let me hack into your email right now."

Chaeyoung said without sparing the man another glance.

"That... that is illegal!" the man immediately bellowed. Although he believed that Chaeyoung does not have the capability to do this, he is still afraid.

All of his transaction with the anonymous person who paid him to ruin this presentation is in his email.

What if she could really hack his email and show it to everyone?

"Why are so worried? You just said that I didn't have any background in computer. This should take me a while right?" she said nonchalantly. Behind her, the projected images had been automatically changed into what she is doing creating a live broadcast of her activities.

Seeing this scene, the man immediately panicked. Chaeyoung is clearly typing some codes and although he does not understand half of it, he had this weird feeling that everything Chaeyoung is doing is actually right.

"Miss Park you cannot do that. That is illegal." someone in the crowd said.

"What illegal? This is a live demonstration alright? Clearly a part of her presentation." Madam Manoban immediately countered leaving the crowd speechless.

What presentation?

What live demonstration?

This Madam is so shameless ah.

"Oh... what do we have here?" Chaeyoung said, mirth was apparent in her voice. In the screen, everyone can see an email exchange from an unknown individual making an arrangement about sabotaging the Wang Group's presentation.

"You! What have you done?" The man immediately rans towards Chaeyoung trying to grab her laptop. He did not expect this to happen at all.

Who would have thought that this girl will actually hack into his email in a few seconds?

However before he could reach Chaeyoung, the latter already took a side step and avoided his grasp making him loose his balance and fall into the floor.

"Stop broadcasting! Stop that! I will sue you for doing this!. I will..."

"Oh please! We all know someone paid you to do this." Laura interrupted the man. "My daughter just pointed out something obvious with evidence. Now, you can shut up and just watch or make more noise and spend the whole night in prison today."

The man immediately showed signs of fear and panic when he heard Madam Manoban's threats.

"I... I don't know who that is... They just sent me an email. I did not cause any harm. I only did that to..." the man stuttered. He shouldn't have done this. He shouldn't have accepted that money!

Now it is too late to regret everything.

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
59.2K 2.5K 38
What if the person you beg for love before but rejected you several times suddenly asked you to come back and love her again. Jennie Kim and Park Cha...
99.1K 4.3K 17
Lisa Manoban inherited her family company after her parents passed away, however, in order for Lisa to have total control of her company she has to b...
175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...