The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 34

1.6K 123 33
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Chaeyoung keep on pacing back and forth on the hallway of the emergency room like a caged tiger.

It had been thirty minutes since her grandfather was sent to the ER and there is still no news from the doctor.

Chaeyoung can't help but cursed inwardly. She always thought that her grandfather was as healthy as a horse. How come he would have something like this all of a sudden?

She can't help but worry too much. Since she is not aware of her grandfather's health problems then she was not able to stop it.

She could have stopped this. She should have.

Chaeyoung started to think about her grandfather's words and actions as her guilt is starting to render her from moving.

She just stood at the front of the emergency room. Watching the still closed door.

Was it a heart attack?

Maybe too much stress?

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth as she thought that this could be because of the Choi Family's threats!

Right! How could she forget about those evil people? Her anxiety must have taken its toll on her.

Chaeyoung then type some numbers into her phone and give it to the dazed Taehyung.

"Transfer five million dollar to this account as soon as possible." She said. Chaeyoung planned to use this money to bet the Choi Family against their own game!

Since the Choi Family is this ruthless then she will not hold back. This time Chaeyoung wondered what she will do if something bad happened to her grandfather.

Would she kill them? Would she have the guts to pull the trigger?

Chaeyoung might have been scheming and stupid in her past life, but she never experienced killing anyone.

All those words of scraping skins and dissolving flesh are her way of threatening her enemies.

She wondered if she will have the courage to do that to someone who did something sinister to her family.

Taehyung looked at Chaeyoung before he opened his phone and did what Chaeyoung told him to do.

No questions asked. Or rather, he was too confused to ask some questions.

First, Taehyung just heard that his father will marry the one who killed his mother. Then he witnessed his grandfather having a heart attack in his arms.

For someone like the kind-hearted and somewhat childish Taehyung, these events can easily give him some trauma.

...

Chaeyoung immediately receive the money in her bank account after a few minutes. She then pats her cousin's back and proceeded to sit beside him.

She was about to call Jungkook when suddenly the door of the emergency room opened and a young man in his twenties walk out of the room.

Chaeyoung immediately assumed that this is the doctor who helps her grandfather as she walked directly towards him.

"Are you Mr. Wang Guiren's kin?" the doctor asked in a stern voice.

"Yes." Chaeyoung nodded. It was only her and Taehyung at the moment since Jackson is still on his way home from the other side of the country.

He was having an emergency meeting when the incident happened.

"Good. I would like to talk to both of you privately." He said before walking towards the corner of the hallway.

"How's our grandfather?" Taehyung immediately asked the moment that he faced the doctor.

"Alive and well"

Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief before she stared at the doctor waiting for him to elaborate. Alive and well is not what she wanted to hear.

Although she is very happy to hear that her grandfather is fine, what she wanted to hear is actually the reason why this happened to him.

"My name is Dr. Yuan Smith. I am not a resident doctor but from now on I will be the one in charge of your grandfather's health..."

"I'm sorry we already have a family doctor. What I need to hear right now is why my grandfather collapsed suddenly." Chaeyoung interrupted the doctor who is clearly not yet done speaking.

"The reason why I will take over is because of the patient's unique case. He clearly does not have any history of any heart-related problems, yet he just had a heart attack."

"A heart attack? But grandfather does not have any heart problems." Chaeyoung said.

The doctor nodded while glancing at the door of the ER as if contemplating whether he will answer her or not. "I believe someone induced the heart attack. I believe someone might have poisoned your grandfather." Dr. Smith explained.

"I'm sorry Dr. Smith but can you please explain why you would say such a thing?" Taehyung asked, confuse. Who would dare poisoned his grandfather?

"Potassium Chloride." Dr. Smith declared before he continued.  "His blood results showed that he had an excessive potassium chloride in his system which is pretty unusual for someone who doesn't take any medication for his potassium level."

Chaeyoung immediately frowned. Who could have poisoned her grandfather?

"This is the reason why I want to watch over Mr. Wang for a while." He added.

Seeing that both Chaeyoung and Taehyung is still in a daze, the doctor keeps his silence before asking them to have Jackson see him the moment he arrived.

The duo just nodded with only one thing in their mind.

Who would poison their grandfather?

And why?

.....

The door flew open revealing a mad Daniel Choi.

"It was you?" he asked, his tone solemn as if he is not asking a question but stating a fact.

"Bother... Daniel, what are you talking about?" Wendy immediately put down the book that she was reading before walking towards her brother.

"You know what I'm talking about! Did you do something to old man Wang? Did you?"

After hearing Daniel's question, Wendy's confused look was immediately replaced by a mocking smile.

"That old man should just agree with father's proposal. Why is he acting like he knows what is good for his son?"

"Without him, no one can stop Jackson from marrying me."

Daniel's expression instantly turned rigid after Wendy's confession.

"What are you talking about? Wang Guiren already agreed for the marriage yesterday!"

"What did you say?" thinking she might have heard the wrong thing, Wendy immediately wanted her brother to clarify. "Old man wang agreed? How about Jackson, did you hear him say yes?"

"Did you see his reaction?"

"Was he happy?"

"He must have been so happy right?"

"Right, brother?"

Her brother clenched his jaws while listening to Wendy's barrage of questions. A minute ago this woman just confirmed that she did something to Old Man Wang. Now she is jumping up with joy as if she did not just cause someone to go to the hospital.

Daniel can't help but wonder if his sister is already so crazy to the point of losing her conscience. He always thought that Wendy did something to Mina because she was just muddled with her feelings for Jackson.

However, seeing her reaction right now made it seem like she is already comparable to an emotionless robot.

Programmed to harm everyone that will probably prevent her from having a relationship with Jackson.

"Brother how about you take a sit so you can tell me the details of your meeting with Jackson?" Wendy gestured for her brother to sit down. "Here have some tea. What are you still standing there for?"

Daniel can't help but shiver while looking at her smiling sister. She... What is she doing? Does she feel anything for doing something to Wang Guiren?

"Wendy, what are you doing? Are you not afraid that they will know you are responsible for Wang Guiren's state?"

"Oh, that? Well... They won't' know. Trust me on this okay?" She answered in a nonchalant way while pouring a tea. "Plus, that old man needs to go. I am now the future matriarch of the Wang Family, there is no need for him anymore."

"You should probably start calling me Madam Wang from now onward. I know it might be awkward but I'm sure you will get used to it." She added

"Are you listening to yourself? Do you know what you are saying?"

"Brother, relax... I am not that stupid. Will you just trust me?" She said while rolling her eyes. She is a mature adult and future matriarch. She can make decisions on her own.

"That's what you told me when you did something to Mina during her pregnancy."

"I told you Mina died from blood loss. The doctor made a wrong move. I did not even touch her." Wendy sneered.

"But it was you who caused it." Daniel countered. Her sister caused Mina's death because of jealousy. Everyone in the family knows that.

"How could you blame me for her foolishness? She trusted me. Is that my fault?" Wendy rolled her eyes before giving her brother a big grin. "So, will you tell me his reaction now?"

"Wendy, you have to be careful. They already suspected you for Mina's death. You can't be too careless."

"Brother, stop talking nonsense okay? Can you just find the good side of everything? Now that Old Man Wang is out of the picture then it will be easier for me to handle the whole Wang household when I married... "

"Almost. Almost out of the picture." Wendy corrected his sister. Somehow Daniel is feeling better knowing that Old man Wang is still alive.

"Alive? How could that be?"

"What do you mean? You should be happy that he is not dead yet. You already got what you wanted. Why do you still want him dead?"

"Brother, are you really this clueless? With old man Wang alive, how can I make that Chaeyoung leave the mansion? Ugh. What bad luck." Wendy said while dramatically slouching into her couch. "Anyway. I have to prepare. I will go and visit him, so I can ask him if I can go and stay in the Wang mansion now that I am already engaged with my Jackson."

"Did father tell you when we will announce this engagement, brother?"

"Hmm.. how about at the summit? So everyone will know that I will marry Jackson?"

Wendy let out a sigh while staring at his bubbly sister. This is Wendy's original self. Noisy, bubbly and happy. However, every time she is around Jackson she will immediately act like Mina and become as ladylike and gentle as her.

Daniel can't help but wonder how his sister can switch her personality as easy as flipping a pancake.

"You have to ask him for that. To be honest, I think our father is acting weird, and I can't seem to understand why." Daniel shrugged.

Lately, some stuff doesn't seem to add up and he is a little worried about all this. He doesn't want this event to affect the company and his family.

But with the way that his family members are acting right now, Daniel already has a foreboding that some events will occur sooner or later.

He let out another sigh before he stood up and made his way out of Wendy's room.

He knows that his family members are planning something evil. But what can he do about it? No matter what happened, they still have the same bloodline.

They are family.

And family should support each other..

Even if it involves scheming and killing. Right?

.....

Chaeyoung was currently frowning while looking at her laptop. She is currently in her grandfather's hospital room with Jackson and Taehyung.

The doctor already agreed to have her grandfather transferred to their private estate. And they are just waiting for him to finalize everything.

"What are you planning to do now?" Taehyung asks his father who is just staring at the still unconscious Wang Guiren in the hospital bed.

"Are you really going to marry that woman? Why are you doing this?" He added. Taehyung could not understand why his father agreed to this marriage.

"Answer me, father! Have you forgotten what that woman did? Don't you love mother anymore?"

Jackson gritted his teeth. "I suggest you stop talking this instant boy!" He said in a grave tone.

"Or what? You think you can do something as harsh as marrying my mother's killer?"

Taehyung's challenging tone made his father's veins pulse through his temple. His son had been asking him the same question since his arrival. It's as if he is blaming him for what happened to his grandfather.

Jackson is aware that he might have made the wrong decision by agreeing to the marriage but at that point, that is the only thing he could do to help his father.

This marriage proposal has been going on for more than ten years. Now even the Choi family is blatantly threatening them because of this marriage.

"What? Too speechless? Did you even think about my feelings father? How about grandfathers?"

"Are you blaming me for what happen to your grandfather?!"  Jackson exploded.

"Who do you think will poison grandpa aside from that woman of yours? Only she..."

"SHE IS NOT MY WOMAN!"

"Both of you stop!" Chaeyoung stood in between Jackson and Taehyung who is staring daggers at each other.

"STOP! Stop acting like teenagers, will you?" She added. "You, Taehyung... go outside."

"NOW" She demanded. Too much testosterone in a room is sometimes not good.

Taehyung glared at his father. "Try to marry that woman, and you can forget that you ever had a son!" He growled at his father before storming away.

After Taehyung left, Jackson immediately paced inside the room wondering if he really made the wrong decision.

"Uncle, you're making me dizzy. Please sit. Let us talk." Chaeyoung gestured for Jackson to sit. They need to seriously talk about her uncle's decision-making skills.

"Why?" She asked after sat down in the couch across her. "Why did you agree for the proposal? You've been saying no for years uncle. Why did you agree now?"

"You won't understand." He answered before letting out a sigh. "The Choi Family... They are one of the worst businessmen in this country."

"That Old man Choi is ruthless." He started. "From employee contracts full of plot holes to scandalous documents and questionable work ethics. You name it."

"The Choi Family has it all."

"But this has long been hidden. You won't know if you will not dig deeper into their world."

"I agreed because I care about our company. What do you think will happen if they manage it? What about our thousands of employees and the mouth that they feed?"

"You think that Choi Family will care about them?"

"I chose to sacrifice my marriage for this reason."

Jackson's explanation made Chaeyoung speechless. She always knew that her uncle was kind and generous, but she never thought it would be to this extent.

She stared at her uncle's rigid expression. Sympathy can be seen in her eyes. His uncle could have married Wendy because of her background.

But he never did. He didn't want to disrespect the memory of his wife.

Now, he is forced to reconsider his stand because of the Choi Family's threat.

"Do you trust me?" she asked. She already knows what to do. All she just needs is their support.

Her uncle looked at her, trying to analyze the reason behind her words before he nodded. "I do."

"Good. Now, I want you to proceed with this engagement. You can even announce it. The bigger the audience the better."

"What do you mean? What about Taehyung?" He asked, confused.

"If my guess is right then the Choi Family no, I mean Wendy's next step is to move to the Wang household. Now that grandfather is ill, she will act as if she owns the place."

"Although I haven't found any concrete evidence yet, I am seventy percent sure that someone from the Choi Family poisoned grandfather. Think about it, without grandfather it will be easier for them to get a hold of the whole Wang Group."

"My guess is that Old man Choi is planning something big. For him to threatened grandfather for your marriage is enough for me to make this assumption."

"Now that grandfather is weak and bedridden then it will be easy for the Choi family to manage our household."

"As for Taehyung, I will talk to him and let him know about my plans in advance. I'm sure he will understand me."

Jackson fell into deep silence while thinking about Chaeyoung's words. So far, her words seemed accurate. Although his niece is still young, Jackson knows that she is fully capable to handle her business but he is still reluctant to let her handle the whole Choi family by herself.

She is only eighteen! What can she do against them?

Sensing her uncle's conflicted thoughts, Chaeyoung immediately pacified him.

"Uncle trust me, I will ask for your help if I am unable to do my plans. I am fully confident that I can do it so, please don't worry about me."

"All I need is your support right now."

"Please, I will not let any harm fall into our family. Just trust me on this."

Jackson continued staring at her for seconds before he was able to say something. "What are your plans?"

"I want is to beat the Choi family at their own game. Make them think that they win before kicking them to the ground." Chaeyoung said as fury can be seen swimming in her gray eyes.

"That should be a very simple plan, right uncle?"

'Choi Family... you could touch anyone or anything but never my family.' Chaeyoung thought before she gave her uncle an evil grin.

......

Im feeling generous today. 5 chapters in one day Hehe :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 4.3K 17
Lisa Manoban inherited her family company after her parents passed away, however, in order for Lisa to have total control of her company she has to b...
175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...
34.2K 1K 60
Lisa hated her. Everything about her. Fucking Miss Perfect. Rich parents, pretty face, good grades and by the way also the schools student representa...
118K 6K 83
This two legacy had been competing for being the top Mafia Group all across the world. The war had been starting since one century back then between...