The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 28

2K 131 30
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Chaeyoung burst into another pool of laughter while listening to Lisa's mother.

They are currently talking about Lisa's colorful childhood in the garden at the back of Wang's Mansion.

After arriving at the estate, Both families had breakfast at the garden then Marco with Lisa and Chaeyoung's Grandfather and Uncle went to talk about business.

Leaving Chaeyoung and Laura to talk alone in the garden.

This made Laura excited. She started talking about Lisa's embarrassing experience when she was still a child.

Of course, she will tell her about Lisa's childhood. After all, it's her job to embarrass her daughter even more.

"Then Lili got into a coma because of her antics. I was so worried." Laura reminisce. She considered this event as the darkest hours in the whole family. "I couldn't eat and sleep. My poor baby, lying there for more than a month."

"And when she woke up, she started talking about a gray-eyed girl. At first, I was nervous. What if my daughter became crazy?"

"We had to bring her abroad because of that. We traveled to see the most famous doctors and consult her condition."

"Most of them said it was completely normal for someone who went into a coma to dream about someone."

"But one doctor believed that Lili lived another lifetime when she was still in a coma. I mean, is that even possible?"

Chaeyoung's expression changed after she heard Laura's words.

Lisa lived another lifetime? Isn't that what happened to her?

Does that mean that Lisa reincarnated as well?

However, seeing her reaction made Laura unsettled. "I hope you will not fear Lili. She truly likes you. I can see it in her eyes."

She immediately pacified Chaeyoung. She thought that she might have given her future daughter in law a scare.

"Oh. No... I'm alright. I just... Well at first, I did not believe her when she told me about her dreams." Chaeyoung lied. After all, she can't just say what is truly in her mind right?

"Oh... good. I thought I gave you a scare." Laura smiled. The growing appreciation in her face shone brighter than the sun.

"So what are your plans while Lili is away?" She immediately changed the topic.

"I'm about to launch my game in another two to three months then I will go to Daejeon to start college." Chaeyoung answered.

"Lisa wanted you to become a part of her publishing company and you have our support." Laura wanted Chaeyoung to know that both Marco and she would support Lisa's decision.

"When she turned 16, her grandfather asked her what gift would she want and she immediately answered she wanted to have a publishing company."

"Who would have thought that three years later, her company would become one of the biggest publishing company in the country?"

"For someone so young to achieve something like this. My Lili is surely one of a kind."

Laura said, her eyes gentle and proud. She sure is one proud mother.

"Indeed, she is one of a kind." Chaeyoung affirmed. Her Lisa is truly one of a kind.

"So, back to the topic, did you agree to her proposition? Are you going to visit the company and maybe do an internship?" Laura inquired. "You can just visit the company whenever you want. After all, you are also a student, and you have your own company to manage."

"Yes. I will. Since I am staying in Daejeon, I will take this opportunity to learn from um... father."

"Ah, good child." Laura beamed, seems like this daughter of hers can learn very fast.

"Since Marco already gave both of you his blessings then you can now command some of the Manoban Family's hidden guards and can come to any of our company whenever you want to." She added.

Chaeyoung nodded. Lisa already briefed her of the things that she can do with this necklace.

"Since you are already practically a part of the Manoban Family now, how about we start planning your wedding?"

"Hehehe... mother, we are still too young. I don't think it is appropriate to plan for a wedding as early as now." Chaeyoung immediately decline.

What wedding?

Lisa did not even propose properly to her.

That's right! She needed a proper proposal from a proper gentlewoman to a proper lady.

But of course, she will not voice out her thought to Lisa's mother.

However, just who is the Laura Manoban? The moment Chaeyoung decline, she already observed all the changing expressions in her face. She could somehow guess what Chaeyoung wanted.

Hmp! She will make sure to have a long talk about this to her daughter later.

How come her daughter is too slow when it comes to matters like this?

How could she let Chaeyoung roamed around without properly proposing to her?

Isn't she afraid that someone will steal her future bride away from her?

Laura let out a sigh. Lisa is totally like her father after all.

Beautiful.

Smart.

And a little slow when it comes to emergency matters like this.

Laura wondered if she should advise Chaeyoung to propose to Lisa instead just like what she did to her father.

After all, this matter is truly an emergency, right?

However, before Laura can suggest for Chaeyoung to propose to Lisa instead, someone interrupted their conversation.

"Excuse me, Young Miss someone who claims to be your paternal grandmother is trying to get inside the estate. She said she wanted to talk to you."  A uniformed maid respectfully said to Chaeyoung, her voice enough for both of them to hear.

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows. Her paternal grandmother is here? At a time like this?

"Is she alone?" She asked.

"No, Mr. Park is with her, and another young man is accompanying them."

Chaeyoung did not answer the maid as she pressed her lips firmly. Her father is here to create another scene.

Of all times, he is here now that Lisa's parents are in the Wang Estate.

It would be impossible to say that they are aware of the Manoban's presence since her grandfather made sure to keep it a secret.

Their timing is just too great.

She already did all she can to avoid them. How could these people be so shameless?

Why is it that Jacob still has the guts to show his face to her?

Is he not afraid that Chaeyoung will do something to the whole Park Family instead?

Or is Jacob trying to self-destruct and include her in the process?

It was clearly Jacob who is at fault here. His greed is the reason why Chaeyoung chose to stay away from him.

If he is not greedy and chose to at least be civil with Chaeyoung then she would forgive him.

However, aside from the fact that he clearly favors Yuri over her, Jacob did not do anything to fix his relationship with his eldest daughter.

Chaeyoung let out a sigh. These people will clearly not let her live a peaceful life.

While Chaeyoung is still contemplating on what to do, Laura is already fuming from anger.

She is aware of Chaeyoung's childhood. After all, she was the one who first helped her daughter gather all the information about Chaeyoung after the Manoban Family discovered of her existence.

This man is not a father at all. He is nothing but a sperm donor!

It seems like this Jacob Park is truly like a pest that keeps on coming back to annoy her daughter even more.

Laura clenched her teeth as she thought about her beautiful suggestion that was interrupted by the arrival of Chaeyoung's father.

In her rage, she already started to think of ways to torture this damnable man. She will do it herself the moment Chaeyoung will ask for the Manoban Family's help.

"Tell them to wait for a while. Tell them I am busy doing something important." She heard Chaeyoung said.  "And don't disturb grandfather about this matter. I will handle this on my own."

Laura smiled inwardly, as expected, her future daughter in law is not just some pushover.

She would love to watch her torture this Jacob Park. She is hoping for a good show later.

"Chaeyoungie you should not waste your time talking to people that you don't like." She advised. After all, she could not just tell Chaeyoung that she is well aware of her history.

That might scare her future daughter in law. She might think that she and Lisa are weird stalkers.

"I agree. I would just like to see how long can they wait before throwing a tantrum."  She answered before sipping her tea. She already made up her mind.

Since these people are not here with good intentions then she will surely reciprocate.

"Hmmm..." Laura agreed. She is eager to watch the upcoming show. She would like to know how Chaeyoung will solve this matter.

"This tea is great. By the way, where did you get these?" Laura asked, trying to divert Chaeyoung's mind.

"Ah... Its a kind of Jasmine tea. I asked grandfather to purchase this abroad. I found this in a restaurant when I was still studying maybe two years ago..."

While Chaeyoung and her future mother in law are talking about teas, Jacob and his mother are already inside the estate waiting for her to arrive.

"What is so important that she can't see us the moment we arrive?" Chaeyoung's grandmother said in annoyance as she twitches her nose.

This Chaeyoung had the guts to decline her offer for a family dinner. Now, she is also making them wait.

How disrespectful!

"Mother, calm down. This is not our territory, after all. Let's just wait for a moment." Jacob tried to calm his mother down.

They really have no choice but to wait. Chaeyoung already caused enough destruction in his life, he could not allow her to do something to the whole Park Family.

"And now you are afraid of your daughter? That is the reason why Teddy was able to get the company away from you. You are so cowardly. Hmp!" The old woman countered.

Her son is undeniably weaker than she thought.

And this is the reason why his daughter can do whatever she wants.

Now that she is here to see Chaeyoung, she will make sure to correct her rude attitude towards her elders.

Hmp! She would like to see if Chaeyoung still have the guts to say no to her after this conversation.

Chaeyoung's grandmother sneered at her weak son.

This Jacob was really weak and also a little stupid. She should have trained him better.

After a few minutes of waiting for the 'busy' Chaeyoung , Jacob started to feel a little impatient.

Is Chaeyoung deliberately trying to make them wait?

"Look, just how disrespectful is that daughter of yours? She not only declined my offer for a family dinner, but she is also making us wait." Grandmother Park became furious. Chaeyoung should show some respect towards her. She is her elder after all.

This Chaeyoung was as arrogant as that Claire Wang.

She remembered hating that woman to her core. If only  Sunmi's family was as influential as the Wang Family, then grandmother Park would have surely not honored her husband's promise to Wang Guiren.

She crossed her arms while in deep contemplation. Then she looked at the young man who was sitting silently beside her.

This good looking young man was her friend's grandson. And he happened to be the only person who could save Jacob's predicament.

He promised to help Jacob as long as Chaeyoung agreed to marry him.

If she could not convince Chaeyoung to help her father, then she would do all she could to convince her to marry this young man.

Even if that involved coercion and blackmail.

She looked at her watch and discovered that they had been waiting for more than 30 minutes.

"That woman is as arrogant as her mother. Hmph! I am her elder. She should not let me wait for too long!" Grandmother Park blurted.

She hated Chaeyoung as much as she hated her mother.

She really couldn't wait to scold that woman and maybe teach her a thing or two about manners.

However, what she didn't expect was for Chaeyoung to hear what she just said.

"If you like talking like that in my mother's own house, then I suggest you leave before I ask the guards to drag you outside just like the trash that you are." She suddenly heard Chaeyoung's domineering voice and subconsciously straightened her back.

She and Jacob together with the young man then turned their heads only to see Chaeyoung wearing a white dress accompanied by a woman who looked like she was in her thirties.

"You- Is that how you talk to your grandmother and father?" Grandmother Park exploded. This Chaeyoung needed a direct scolding.

She would rather not bother herself with acting in front of this woman.

"Do you both even deserve to call yourself my grandmother and father?" Chaeyoung immediately countered. So what if Lisa's mother was here?

These are her true colors, and she wanted the whole Manoban Family to know that. After all, Chaeyoung really was not the type of woman who would act and pretend to be kindhearted just to earn the Manoban Family's acceptance.

She would never pretend to be kind in front of these people.

Grandmother Park couldn't believe her ears. She always thought that Chaeyoung would bow to her once she showed her dominance.

"Are you this disrespectful even towards your elders? Where did all your manners go?"  She chastised.  "What are you so proud of, huh? Having the Manoban Family as a backer!? Hmp! Do you really think that the Manoban Family will like a boorish girl like you?"

Laura raised an eyebrow when she heard the old woman mention the Manoban Family. It seems that these people were unaware of her identity.

Even Chaeyoung was speechless while she glanced at Laura.

Her grandmother was really... shameless. She even dared to use the Manoban Family's name, unaware of the fact that she was already in front of the Manoban Matriarch.

"Boorish? At least I am not a murderer like your son!" She refuted. Jacob had clearly asked someone to murder her mother and yet, he still had the audacity to come here and act arrogant in front of her.

"Wh...What are you talking about?" Jacob immediately rebutted. If he heard it correctly, Chaeyoung seemed to be aware of what he had done.

"The only reason that your beloved family is still alive is because I did not tell grandfather about what you did. Now, stop hallucinating about making me respect any of you! BECAUSE THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!" Chaeyoung roared. Talking about her mother's death made her lose her self-control.

"What do you mean?" Grandmother Park inquired. She had no knowledge about Claire's murder, so it was only reasonable for her to act this way.

"Ask your son! Now leave… I don't want to see any of you again!" She said. This woman was her grandmother after all. She may not like her, but she wouldn't go to the extreme and hurt her.

Aside from that, her grandmother was innocent, she was clearly not aware of her son's evil deeds.

Hearing Chaeyoung's unconcerned tone, Grandmother Park immediately fumed.

"You ungrateful brat. Stop thinking too highly of yourself!" She hollered while pointing her fingers at Chaeyoung. "You not only made your father lose his company, but you even had the audacity to kick him out of his own house! How dare you?!!!"

"Do you really think that you are something without the Wang Family backing you?"

"Without your little girlfriend from the Manoban Family, you are nothing but a rich heir!"

"Mother calm yourself." Jacob immediately put his hands on his mother's shoulders for her to lower down her voice.

Chaeyoung had already hinted about his involvement in Claire's murder. And if this goes on, then she would surely divert her ire to the whole Park Family.

"Let's go, mother. This isn't the right time for this." He urged grandmother Park to leave. They needed a new strategy.

With the truth out, Chaeyoung was already akin to a dragon watching her prey.

And this time, the prey was clearly them.

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...
773K 23.4K 62
[Fck Buddies] It wasn't like she had a choice in this matter. She knows she never had a choice anyways. After all, that girl was irresistible, who is...
31.4K 1.9K 37
Lisa Manoban is a little bit headstrong, with a dash of chaos and a whole lot of flirt. She knows how to get the girl. Keeping her on the other hand...
55.1K 1.5K 35
Jennie, she is the typical rich girl you always saw on movies. She's coming from an influential family, got a cool friends group, spending money with...