The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 26

2.1K 127 26
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

"Then let us give him back the necklace and elope!"

Chaeyoung spewed the juice that she was drinking down at Lisa's face.

Soaking the latter with her drinks.

"Oh... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." She immediately grabs a handkerchief and wipes away the saturated liquid in Lisa's face. "You should not joke when we are having a serious conversation."

"I'm serious." Lisa answered. "Let's leave. Start a new life. Together. I have my company and you have yours. We can live away fro..."

"Okay stop... Stop talking about that. I... Don't worry I will convince your father to let you marry me" She consoled Lisa. She can feel Lisa's panic from her voice.

If the worst comes to worst then she can always woo Lisa to show that she is also sincere right?

However, just thinking about it made Chaeyoung nervous.

What is this situation? Why does she have to convince Lisa's father to let Lisa marry her? Why does it seem like the role is reversed?

Seeing Chaeyoung's changing expression, Lisa gives her her boyish grin.

"I'm just kidding. My father likes you. He already knows your existence since I was nine."

"Nine?"

"Yes, I started dreaming about you after I had woken up from a coma when I was nine." Lisa explained.

"Oh..."

"So back to the topic. I will go away, and I want you to handle all of my investments as well as my own business while not in the country."

"Ahm... aren't you giving me too much trust? What you have is a multimillion company. That..."

"As my future wife, it will become your responsibility soon enough. This will serve as a drill. Like an internship."

"An internship? So you want me to become an...like an intern CEO? Isn't that... I never heard of that before." She responded while shaking her head.

"Yes. The main office of the Moon Publishing and Co. is at Daejeon. That is also the location of your university. So I was thinking maybe you can try and visit the company once in a while. My father will help you so no need to worry. You can just learn from him."

"Ah... Okay... You do realize that you are giving me too much trust right? I mean are you not afraid that I will cause massive destruction to your company?"

"Do what you want. I did name it after you for that reason." Lisa answered in a nonchalant way.

Chaeyoung can't help but roll her eyes at Lisa.

This woman is really peculiar. Her ways are just too... direct?

...

Jacob is already frantic. The board of directors already give their votes, and all of them agreed to have his brother manage the company instead of him.

What infuriates him even more, is the fact that Sunmi disappeared without saying anything.

This is just another addition to his stress.

And aside from that, Yuri is also refusing to go outside of the house and chose any school for college.

There is too much stress in his company and his wife and daughter are throwing a tantrum at this time.

Jacob felt really helpless. All of his close friends are not accepting any of his calls and some even have the courage to block his numbers.

Everything has been so stressful that you can now see some white hair on his head.

He pours another glass of whiskey as he dialed Sunmi's number for the umpteenth time.

He couldn't help but curse. This woman is adding to his already many problems, instead of helping him.

Sunmi's family is also useless. They don't have enough influence!

This is Jacob's reason for choosing to marry Claire instead of Sunmi. The Seo family is a family of scholars, and they have little to no influence in the business world.

Hearing the same monotone answer from the machine, Jacob clenched his teeth in annoyance.

He was about to call her again when he heard a soft knock before the door to his office open revealing Yuri.

"Dad?"

"So you still have the guts to walk outside of your room?" He asked condescendingly. This good daughter of his had been causing him problems after problems lately.

"Where's mom?" Yuri asked ignoring Jacob's aggressive tone.

"How should I know? That mother of yours is just like you! Instead of supporting me, she disappeared!" He fumed.

"Shouldn't we asked the authorities to help us?"

"What do you mean? Do you want to let the whole world know that your mother left me during this time? Do you want to embarrass yourself even more?"

"But..."

"I said NO! I will call your maternal grandfather and asked for his help tomorrow. Go back to your room and chose a college abroad." He commanded.

"You need to hide abroad if you still want to survive in this society." He added as he gestured Yuri to go.

This mother and daughter are too stupid! Always giving him a headache instead of making him proud!

Yuri went to her room glumly.

She had been trying to call her mother, but she was not able to talk to her since the presentation.

Her mother told her that an agent will scout her. She waited and waited but no one approached her.

Yuri wondered what happened. Did something in their plan go wrong?

Sunmi told her that Henry Lee is involved with this plan. Even her aunt the Headmistress was also involved. If her true father is as influential as Sunmi mentioned, then is it not normal for the plan not to proceed.

The plan should not be that complicated since her mother mentioned that all she needed to do is the act and performed well.

So why? What happen?

Her thoughts can't help but switch to Chaeyoung's dangerous eyes while threatening her. Yuri shivered. She must be wrong. That woman has no idea that someone will scout her so there is no way that she could have stopped it.

While Yuri was still deep in her thoughts, she suddenly heard a commotion downstairs then she saw someone running towards her.

'Young Miss... Young Miss... The police are here. They are here to get back the house." One of the maids approached her.

"What?" Yuri's expression darkened. She remembered Chaeyoung telling them to leave the house, but she didn't think it was serious.

"Go get father. I will talk to them." She immediately gestured the maid to go to her father's study and made her way downstairs.

"You can argue with me all day and night, still it would be useless. You are illegally staying in this house without my client's permission. Please call Mr. Park so we..." Yuri heard someone say the moment she arrived at the entrance of the house.

"I'm sorry officer. May I know what is this all about?" She immediately asked the man in a suit.

"Ah... Good thing you are here. I am Loren. I am Miss Chaeyoung Park's legal counsel and representative. I have here the original deed of this house under my client's name. I would like to ask you to..."

"What is this? ARE YOU TRYING TO HAVE ME LEAVE MY OWN HOUSE?" Jacob suddenly interrupted the lawyer's speech while walking towards them.

"Correction Mr. Park this is not your house. I have here..."

"NO! WE ARE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE! I WILL NOT LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT!" Jacob fumed. "WHO ALLOWED YOU TO COME HERE? THIS IS TRESPASSING." He said while pointing his fingers at the uniformed officers.

Chaeyoung really wanted to kill him with anger. How dare she ask him to leave his own house?

"Mr. Park we have an original deed in our hands. If you insist on not leaving then, we will be force to use aggressive methods according to the la..."

Before the lawyer can finish his statement Jacob suddenly raised his fist and directly hit him in the face.

The lawyer staggered backward and flinched from the pain right below his cheeks.

"I SAID I AM NOT LEAVING!" Jacob bellowed. While clutching his hands. He is not used to punching someone, but he really was not able to control his temper anymore.

"Good! Very good! Mr. Officer, please take Mr. Park into custody for assault. I would also like to inform everyone that you only have until tomorrow noon to vacate this house. Do not force us to embarrass you even more." The lawyer said before he spits a mouthful of blood.

"Dad! No... Please don't... take away my dad. I... Please... We are in the wrong here. We... will pay you. Please... How much do you want?" Yuri immediately tried to pacify the situation.

She tried to block the police officer who wants to put a cuff in her father's hands, but her efforts were useless.

Jacob was easily subdued by two police officers and was directly bought to the car waiting outside the estate.

When the lawyer and the police officers left, Yuri felt lost as she cried her way into her room.

How could this happen to them? She heard that her father is already not a CEO of Park Corp and now, they are also asked to leave their house.

What did go wrong?

Now both her mother and father are not around for her.

Yuri wiped away her tears as she remembered Chaeyoung's murderous aura while talking to her.

That woman is the reason for all this.

She asked the board members to abandon Jacob and now she asked some lawyer to have them leave the house.

For Yuri, Chaeyoung is an epitome of an evil woman.

Malicious.

Scheming.

And totally ruthless.

And if she will be given a chance to destroy her, she will do all that she can to end this vile woman.

Then she heard her phone vibrating. She immediately answered her phone expecting it to be her mother.

"Hello, mom?"

But contrary to her expectations, she heard a deep solemn voice instead.

"I know where your mother is."

Yuri's eyes were trained on some photos laid in front of her.

She did not blink. As if she just suffered massive brain damage. Then Henry Lee's words hit her.

She... She is staring at a photo of a burnt person. Too burnt to be recognized.

And Henry Lee just told her this was her mother.

"Are you telling the truth?" She asked as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Henry Lee nodded. "I asked someone to track her whereabouts since I was not able to contact her. Then I found this in an abandoned building just outside the town."

"We also found her belongings just outside the building. Like her pursed but sadly her phone is nowhere to be found."

"My guess is it was already destroyed by the culprit."

"Wh..who cou..could have killed her?" She sobbed. Henry Lee called her just after Jacob was arrested and told her he knew about Sunmi's whereabouts.

Yuri did not expect this at all.

She thought her mother just went to her maternal grandmother. Who would have tought that...

"I tracked her phone and saw that she received a call from Chaeyoung just before she went missing." Henry Lee answered solemnly.

"Chaeyoung? That woman? I... Why would she do this?!" Chaeyoung is also a woman. How could she do something as... as brutal as this?

Even if Sunmi schemed against her time after time, Chaeyoung would not have the courage to do something like this. Right?

"Who knows? She seems to have ties in the military. Who knows if she also knows someone from the underworld?" Henry Lee hinted.

"She... Why would she do this?"

"Last time I checked your mother always schemed against her maybe..."

While Henry Lee is speaking, Yuri is already lost in her own world.

Chaeyoung might look harmless and fragile, but she could never forget how she threatened to dissolve her body just the other night.

The murderous aura that Chaeyoung emitted is something that cannot be faked.

She already remembered Chaeyoung telling her that she is letting her go because she is young...

Then does that mean that she did not forgive Sunmi because she thought that her mother had no opportunity to change?

Unlike the young Yuri?

Yuri's pupils dilated as the realization hit her.

"I WILL KILL THAT MURDERER! I WILL..." She fumed as she abruptly gets up.

However, before Yuri could take a step away from the table, Henry already stopped her.

"Calm down. You need to think rationally." He said. "Chaeyoung is not just someone that you can touch just because you wanted to."

"She has the Wangs behind her. And now the backing of Miss Manoban of the Manoban Family." He added. Just like he guessed. Yuri immediately believed him.

"LET GO OF ME. I WILL KILL HER. I WILL BURN HER ALIVE!" Yuri raged. Her eyes bulging from too much anger.

"Do you want to die as well?" Henry Lee statement seemed to have an effect on the angry Yuri.

"She is ruthless enough to do this to your mother. What made you think that she will not do the same thing to you?"

"I..." She slumped back into her seat and held her head while crying. Grief and anger are weighing down on her heart.

Henry Lee is right. She is completely useless compared to Chaeyoung.

She does not have the backer and the ability to contest against her.

Chaeyoung is too cunning and ruthless. Unlike her and her pitiful mother.

"So... So what can I do? I can't just let my mother's death go to waste. May...Maybe the police can help me."

Henry Lee's face immediately cracked while listening to Yuri.

Just how stupid is this woman?

"No. You can't go to the police. Just look at what they did to your father. Only you can make that woman pay." He said while trying to mask the ridicule in his voice.

"Wh..what do you mean?" She inquired.

"Defeat her. Take everything that she has. Make her suffer before you pull the trigger."

"I don't understand."

"I will give you an opportunity abroad. Come back here when you feel like you can already one step ahead of her."

She stared at her true father as she furrowed her brows in contemplation.

Right now, Jacob is already finished. He can no longer help her.

While the man in front of her is someone that she barely even knew, she still can't deny the fact that he is her true father.

He should be sincere in helping her, right?

"Okay. I understand. I will do as you please." She nodded. Agreeing to Henry Lee's proposition does not give her any sort of disadvantages.

Yuri would agree. She really is useless against Chaeyoung right now.

She looked at tge burnt photo of her mother as a flash of determination can seen in her eyes. She will do everything she can to destroy Chaeyoung Park.

Seeing her determined look, Henry Lee laughed inwardly. This Yuri is just like her mother, an epitome of a fool woman.

Utterly and irrevocably fool!

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 5.5K 52
Park Chaeyoung has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet myste...
175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...
71.7K 2.8K 21
"Well, the short story is -" Jennie interrupts, "I don't want to hear the short story. I've been watching you sit in that bar, alone, since March. I...
140K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...