Fighting For You (Book 2)

Da book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... Altro

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

Young love

2.9K 114 102
Da book-lover4ever

Here you go, my lovelies. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. I'm currently working on another one. Hopefully, it will be up soon. 

*****
Lacey, P.O.V

"Why don't you guys want a party?"

I was trying my best to convince the triplet to have a party, but they kept refusing. They were all rewarded for being best behaved in their class, and I wanted to celebrate.

"Mummy, we are too old to have parties," Kailo said.

I gasped at them. "What do you mean? You're only four."

They were looking at me as if to say, four is very big. My beautiful babies were growing up too fast, it made me sad.

"Okay, no party. What about I take you guys to the toy store in the mall, and you can get whatever you want? Doesn't that sound fun?"

They looked at each other smiling and clapping. I snorted, I guess they're still young enough to get toys.

"Okay my little chipmunks, get your jackets and let's go."

They squealed happily, running off to the coat closet to get their jackets. I grabbed my handbag and my keys. The triplet came back, jackets on and ready to go.

We got into the car and played music and sung to the top of our voices all the way there. We passed their favourite ice-cream place and they asked if we could stop and get some. I didn't want them eating ice cream whiles we go shopping, so I promised to get it for them on the drive home.

When we got to the mall, they were all excited. Liliane started talking about an American girl doll that she just had to have. All her friends had it and she was the only one without it. Liam said that he wanted Legos to add to his already growing collection. Kailo wasn't sure what he wanted as yet. He was going to decide when he got into the store.

We went to the Lego store first. Liam was very excited. We walked around looking at the different types of Legos. Every time I picked one up, he would proudly let me know that he had that already. We spend almost an hour trying to find something that he liked. Then, we went to the American doll store. By this time, Kailo was not happy. He was upset that he had to go last. I explained to him that because he didn't know what he wanted, he'd had to go last. He stomped his feet and told me that Liam and Liliane didn't know what they wanted either.

I couldn't argue with him on that, because Liliane also took a very long time choosing what doll she wanted. We had to call her friends and asked them which ones they had because she didn't want to have the same as them. She wanted to be different.

We finally settled on one and then we went to a toy shop that had everything so that Kailo could choose what he wanted. He didn't see anything he liked and opted for a handheld console game. At the end of it, I was exhausted and just wanted to find somewhere I could sit down.

I asked the kids what they wanted to eat. They all said fries and pizza. We found a pizza place not far from the American doll store and we went and got some food.

As we were eating, Liliane tapped my hand. I looked up at her curiously, wondering if she needed me to take her to the bathroom.

"What's the matter, sweetie?"

She leaned forward, "Mummy, that girl over there is staring at us."

I turned to see who she was talking about. In the middle of the room, about four tables away from us, a young girl about eleven or twelve, was staring at me. I looked behind me to see if she was looking at someone behind me, but no one was sitting there.

Lifting my hand, I gave her a little wave and smile at her. She timidly lifted her hand and waved back. I turned back to my kids, but out of the corner of my eyes, I could still see her looking at me.

We finished our food, went to get ice cream and then back home. However, the little girl was still in the back of my mind. She looked so familiar like I've seen her before. I decided to let it go when my son asked me to help him put together his Legos.

***********

Rosey's P.O.V

I missed my mum every day. I watched the picture in my hand and fought back tears. I couldn't cry, I had to stay strong for my dad and Freya. However, I always found myself looking at pictures of her and watching old recordings. My dad asked me once why I watched them so many times and I told him that watching them made me happy. However, I wasn't entirely truthful. I felt ashamed of letting him know that I was starting to forget what mum's face looked like, or the sound of her voice. I'm her daughter, I shouldn't be forgetting her.

"Brave, are you okay?"

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes. I wasn't afraid of Jasper knowing my secret because I also knew all his secrets.

"You're missing your mum again?" he asked, coming to sit on the bed next to me.

Replacing the photo back on my bedside table, I turned to him. He was looking at me with sad eyes, but not pity. I hated being pitied.

"You can never leave me like she did, Jasper. Do you understand? You can never leave me."

He took my hands, holding them. I tried my best to not cry because I really hated showing weakness. But I couldn't help myself. I always cried whenever I thought about my mum and how much I missed her.

"I'm never leaving you, Rosey. We're going to be together forever."

I nodded my head, "You promise?"

I asked even though I knew that Jasper meant it. I knew that I always get angry at him for constantly following me around, but secretly it made me feel happy. Jasper was always there when I needed someone, and even when I thought that I didn't need anyone.

It was strange, but I just couldn't imagine my life without him right there in the background. He was like my very own personal bodyguard.

"I promise, Brave."

We smiled at each other. Jasper was my best friend as well as my enemy. I loved him just as much as I hated him. But I'd never trade him in for anyone else. He was mine.

He wiped my tears away. I smiled at him because he's the only one I'd ever allow myself to be weak in front of. Jasper is the only one who knew how vulnerable I really was. I trusted him with my secrets because I knew that he'd never betray me.

To everyone else I was this happy little girl, just living her best life and coping well without her mother in her life. But Jasper knew better. He knew that it was all an act, that I smiled every day so that people wouldn't know what was going on inside my head.

I saw my mother get killed. I might be forgetting her face, but I could never get that scene out of my head. When I was younger, my dad took me to see many different doctors, because apparently, I was coping too well with my mum's death. However, they all claimed that it was normal and that I was just too young to fully understand what happened.

They put my behaviour down to me being too young. However, I did understand. I understood very well. I watch both the parents that I'd ever know get shot and killed right in front of me. I was not too young to comprehend that. There was just so much rage inside of me that I was scared of letting out, so, I pretended that everything was alright.

After a while, everyone stopped questioning me. Life went back to its normal state, and everyone moved on. Freya would still cry in her room every night and dad would try to hide the fact that he was drinking himself into an early grave. We all acted like we were just fine in front of each other. But we were far from it.

Eventually, we all fell into a comfortable routine. Freya crying became less frequent, and dad had stopped drinking during the day. As I watched, I felt like the add one out, because my anger was still fresh.

I'd often fantasise about hurting everyone who's ever hurt my mum. Even though the woman was dead, I still wanted to kill her. I knew I had a very dark side, and I tried my best to hide it. And, for years I was successful at it, or so I thought. However, Jasper knew everything.

One day he caught me with a scissor, cutting the doll that his mum gave to me into little, tiny pieces. I had written the name Natasha on the doll's forehead. I remember trying to hide it from him, feeling only a tiny bit of guilt and shame. I thought that he'd be horrified, but to my surprise, he wasn't.

He sat beside me on the floor in my bedroom, reaching under my bed to where I'd hid my crime. He inspected the carnage then looked at me. Raising my head, I waited for him to tell me that I was a freak who needed to be locked away, but he didn't. Instead, he told me that it was okay to feel what I was feeling and sometimes, killing something always makes it better.

I remember thinking that it was a weird thing to say, but it comforted me, nonetheless.

"You want to go to our spot?"

My face lit up as I furiously nod my head. That was sure to cheer me up. I haven't been to our spot in a while.

"Sure, just let me get changed."

He nodded and then stood up. I grabbed his hand when he was about to leave. My wicked side taking over.

"You know, you don't have to leave. I can get change with you right here. After all, you're going to be my boyfriend when we're older."

I expected to shock him. I expected him to tell me to act my age like he usually does, but this time he didn't. Instead, he stepped closer to me, and I took a step back, surprised.

"I'm not going to stay whiles you get changed because neither one of us are ready for that. And I'm not going to be your boyfriend when we're older."

My eyes widened, "You're not?" I asked, shocked.

He smiled, "No, I'm going to be your husband."

Touching the tip of my nose with his finger, he continued. "I'm already your boyfriend."

He winked at me then walked out of the room. I was so stunned that I just stood there not moving. When I finally caught myself, I called after him.

"Jasper, what do you mean by that?!"

I heard him laughing as he continued on his way to our spot. I started laughing as well. I went to my closet to get changed then I remember that I wanted to talk to him about something else.

Getting dress quickly, I hurriedly ran after him. I wanted to tell him about the woman with the triplet that I saw in the mall. She looked and sounded exactly like my mum.

I wanted to show dad her, but by the time he came back with our food she was gone. However, I did tell dad that I saw a woman that looked like mum and he said that there seemed to be a lot of women that looked like mum lately. I didn't understand what he meant, and I didn't question it. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6.7K 480 41
[This is the spin-off of the Fighting For life series. Can be read as a standalone. Though, things about Levi's family will make a little bit more se...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
15K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
32.5K 2.7K 77
"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I was willing to take the risk. "I would do...