Highschool & Feelings [h.s.]

By xdirectioner101

•BOOK 1 OF HAILEY SERIES• Bailey and Harry are juniors who have been best friends since they were nine. Harr... More

Highschool & Feelings
Highschool & Disappointment
Highschool & Ignorance
Highschool & Unspoken
Highschool & Stubborness
Highschool & Dating
Highschool & First Date
Highschool & Meeting Her Family
Highschool & Meeting His Family
Highschool & Babysitting
Highschool & Broken
Highschool & Chicken Soup
Highschool & 3 Words
Highschool & Clay
Highschool & Camping Day 1
Highschool & Camping Day 2
Highschool & Camping Day 3
Highschool & Camping Day 4
Highschool & Camping Day 5
Highschool & Camping Day 6
Highschool & Camping Day 7
Highschool & Excuses
Highschool & Valentine's Day
Highschool & Drive In
Highschool & Question
Highschool & Prom
Highschool & News
Epilogue

Highschool & Speaking

2.7K 62 25
By xdirectioner101

All of a sudden, there was a knock on my window. I'm traumatized so of course I jumped when the knocking scared me. I carefully grabbed the baseball bat under my hand while tip toeing. The knocking continued as I walked to the window, getting ready to swing. I couldn't really tell who the person was but I did notice some dark curls.

"Bailey?" The deep voice asked through the window.

"Who is it?" I asked, taking a few steps closer to the window.

"H-Harry." He shivered.

"Harry?"

"Yeah. Can you let me in? It's freezing out here."

I placed the baseball bat gentley on my desk before opening the window and letting Harry inside. He wore a white t-shirt and his usual jeans. As he brushed his arm against mine, I felt his goosebumps. He also didn't smell like alcohol at all. More like colone. He continued to shiver while I just stood there surprised by his appearance.

"Were you going to hit me with that?" He asked, wrapping his arms closer to himself and gesturing to the baseball bat on my desk with his head.

"Uh, yeah. I got scared." I said.

Harry laughed, still trying to warm himself up with his arms.

"Do you want a blanket?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah."

I walked to my closet and pulled out my Elmo blanket that I've had since I was two and unfolded it. While I closed my closet, Harry set at the edge of my bed, still wrapped in his arms.

"Here." I wrapped the blanket around his shoulders while he wrapped it around himself. He continued to shiver but it soon decreased as he was getting warm. "What are you doing here?" I whispered as I sat next to him.

He turned to me. "I missed you. I hated not being able to talk to my bestfriend." I could see the sincerity in his eyes while he spoke. "No matter what happens, you'll still be my bestfriend."

Did he really mean that?

"I know you don't want to tell me your secret and it's okay. I'll wait until you're ready. I don't want this to affect our friendship. You'll always be my bestfriend." He continued while placing his hand ontop of mine.

I nodded. "Thank you."

He smiled. "Welcome." He then opened his arms and pulled me into them and into the warmth of his body and the blanket. I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. I had my bestfriend back.

After a moment of silence, I was the one to speak first. "I still can't believe you came here out in the cold. Nobody's ever done that for me. Especially just to apologize."

"Well I would do anything for you." He whispered in my ear, giving me goosebumps and making my heart race.

I smiled again. There were so many reasons why I loved Harry. And this was one of them. He made you feel safe and would do anything to put a smile on your face. He was one of a kind. Too bad he wasn't mine.

-----

I let Harry stay so he wouldn't go outside in the cold again. We both slept on my bed and to be honest, it wasn't ackward. We grabbed a bunch of blankets and layed next to eachother on our sides facing eachother. Even though we were wrapped in five blankets, it was still cold so Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against his chest.

I blushed but I didn't mind. His arms made me feel comforted and safe. Always. I woke up at two in the morning. I couldn't sleep. The urge to tell him was hitting me more than ever. Tell him Bailey, I told myself. But he's sleeping, I contradicted myself.

Before I could tell myself something again, I felt Harry stur. After a bit, he opened his beautiful green eyes and looked down at me. "Hey, you're awake."

"Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

He laughed quietly. "Me neither. I had a nightmare that gummy worms were chasing me in outer space."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he laughed at my reaction.

"How bout you?"

I shrugged again. "Just couldn't sleep."

Lies, I told myself.

Just tell him, what's so hard about it?

He might not feel the same. What if things get ackward?

Stop with the ' what if's ' and just tell him!

I sighed. Should I?

No.

Yes.

What?

I looked up and noticed that Harry was beginning to close his eyes. Damn, he's starting to fall asleep. Just tell him! Better now than never. You're alone. There's nothing stopping you except yourself.

"Hey Harry?" I asked quietly before rethinking of what I was about to say.

He opened his eyes quickly and looked back down at me. "Yeah?"

"I wanna tell you something." My heart was starting to race. I hope he didn't hear or feel it. That would give everything away.

"What is it?"

"Umm...." I began. "The... The- secret."

"What about it?" Harry asked.

"That's what I wanna tell you." I whispered.

"Oh, okay." Concern was soon in his eyes. Well, there's no turning back now.

"So ... You know when you become close to someone? Really close?" I began.

"Yeah." He nodded, waiting for me to keep going.

I took a deep breath before continuing. "Well, feelings grow. And then you begin to feel something more powerful for that person."

He nodded.

"Well, that's what happened to me."

His eyes popped up for a minute when he finally understood. "So you do like Liam."

"What? No. Liam's just a friend. Basically like a brother to me, nothing more."

"So then who do you like?" He pushed on.

Here goes nothing.

"Umm, we go to the same school. He's been my bestfriend for a very very long time. We've known eachother since we were nine." I tried to clue him in.

I could tell by his facial expression that he was trying to put the pieces together. Does he not understand that I'm talking about him? I waited a few more minutes, getting ready for him to register the clues. "Damnit Harry, it's you."

"What?"

"It's you, okay? I've liked you for a long time, more than friends. I know. I'm stupid for ever thinking that we could be something more. I'm sorry. I'll try to forget about it, just please don't make everything ackward. I don't want to lose my bestfriend-"

I was shut off when warm lips met mine, engulfing me in a kiss. Harry's hand pulled my chin up as mine stretched out to grab his neck from behind and pull him closer. He moaned quietly at my touch. He kissed me softly while I kissed him back, still confused.

He let go and let out a breath. "Who said I don't feel the same?"

"What?"

He nodded and gave me his cheeky smile. "Ever since the football game when you gave me the pet talk. I couldn't stop thinking what if we got together. I couldn't get you off my mind ever since. That's why I was mad that you were close with Liam like you were with me. I thought you liked him and I was afraid that I would be broken hearted. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I should have never yelled at you, you have no idea how bad I feel-"

I cut him off by pulling his head down to mine and pressing my lips softly to his. He was surprised at first but then he started to kiss me back. He sucked my lower lip gentley while I ran my fingers through his curls at the back of his neck. He moaned again quietly.

I let go and smiled. "It's okay. I forgive you."

He smiled back. "So what now?"

Hmmm, what now?

"I don't know."

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked out of the bloom. My eyes widen from the shock he gave me.

I soon reacted and nodded. "Yeah."

He smiled widely and pulled me back into his arms. His arms went around my shoulders while mine went around his waist. No one could guess how happy I was. I was on top of the world. Why were you of in the first place? Crap, I forgot about ...

"What about Lindsey? I saw you two kissing after the football game." I stated, ruining our happy moment.

"Lindsey doesn't mean anything to me. I was just mad about you and Liam. But it's okay now. I'm yours." He whispered.

Talk about butterflies in your stomach ...

"You're mine?" I whispered.

I felt his head nod ontop of mine. "Yep."

I smiled so wide that I was scared it would crack. We then fell asleep happily in eachothers arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 292 33
17 year old Hailey and her best friend Sam have won a chance to spend the day with One Direction in Toronto. After spending the day with the boys Hai...
27.6K 536 36
Hannah and Harry have been friends ever since they were little and have depended on each other so much, but when Harry reveals his secret, how will H...
281K 7.2K 37
Isabelle Chambers is a normal girl at school, has a few great friends, some people she doesn't like, good grades but nothing special happens in her l...
281K 5.6K 79
Harry Styles and Hailey Hayes are known for their on again, off again relationship. Whilst it might be seen as glamorous, living in the spotlight isn...