Highschool & Excuses

When I arrived home, my parents bombarded me with more than twenty questions.

"How was the trip?"

"Did you hike?"

"Were you safe?"

"Did you sleep in a different tent than Harry?" (Embarrassing..)

"Did you go fishing?"

"How was the food?"

"Are you tired?"

"How many times did you shower?"

"Did you remember to pack your toothbrush?"

I answered all of their questions, even the most obvious ones and headed upstairs to my room to unpack and rest.

Three hours later and I couldn't stand being alone. I was still confused and depressed over the Harry situation and needed to talk to someone.

I called Nelly and she said I could come over since her parents left to go watch a movie.

I told her I'd be there in fifteen minutes and got ready. I put on light blue high waisted shorts and a white tank top with black converse.

I left minutes later to my best friend's house.

-----------

"You're ignoring him, right?"

I nodded against Nelly's lap as she ran her hands through my hair in order to comfort me.

I was laying on her bed while she sat at the corner with my head on her lap.

I arrived ten minutes ago and we soon got into the subject that had been making me sad this whole time.

"He's been texting me but I ignore the messages." I told her.

"What do they say?"

"I don't know. Like I said, I don't bother on checking them." I frowned.

"Well let me see, at least."

I handed her my phone and waited as she checked them.

"He went to your house." She said, still looking at the phone.

"What?"

"Ten minutes ago." She answered.

There was a knock on the door downstairs.

"And now he's here."

I got up and looked at her frantically. "What do we do?"

She sighed before getting up and handing me back the phone. "I'll go shoo him away."

I nodded as she left. While I waited, I read through the texts he sent.

From: Hazzy <3

Bai, please text back. I miss you.. A lot. Please xx

From: Hazzy <3

Sweetheart, please? I'm sorry about what happened at the bus, I promise there's nothing bad going on with Lindsey and I ): x

From: Hazzy <3

Baby, please talk to me. I hate you being mad at me. I promise I'll tell you everything if you text back. Xx

From: Hazzy <3

You know what? I miss you like crazy and you're not replying so I'm going to your house to go see you whether you like it or not xx

From: Hazzy <3

You're not at your house. Are you at Nelly's? Xx

That was the last text I read before I heard the two familiar voices downstairs.