The Magicks

By Animationlover25

Magicks are people born with magic powers, Wizards, Powerless Magicks, Magicks Users, etc. Long ago Humans a... More

The Characters
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

12

34 0 0
By Animationlover25

A few weeks had gone since Sebastian became Rosalyn's caretaker, giving her a better life then a life of a thief. At first The Two Wizards had a hard time bonding with each other, with trust issues, since she was a thief she didn't really trust anyone besides Shiva. They get into arguments as Rosalyn would complain about the rules off the house, Sebastian would always complain about Rosalyn's lack of good manners as well as her stubbornness when she doesn't follow simple instructions or rules or likes to do things her own way.

The two eventually started to bond with each other and started to bond. It all started with Rosalyn nightmares returning to her over time. Sebastian gave Shiva some dream stardust for her to use on Rosalyn to block out the nightmares for when she goes to sleep, but Rosalyn being the subborn girl she is, kept saying that she doesn't want his help, even when though Sebastian was just tying to help, but she took the dream stardust anyway.

The Dream Stardust works sometimes, for the past two weeks due to to the dream stardust, she went downstairs to see Sebastian watching tv and see thanked him and then apologized to him. Sebastian smirked as he accepted her apology as she and Sebastian began watching tv together. Rosalyn then fell asleep snuggled up close to him as Sebastian just smile as she finally opened up to him.

Over the past few weeks, at first they started off a good friends, talking about they're previous life in the Earth realm before all Magicks were forced to evacuate, exploring more about the other interests, etc, which caused Rosalyn eventually started to open up more.

Over time, Sebastian began to fall into a fatherly love to Rosalyn, causing the two Wizards to start viewing each other as surrogate Father/Daughter.

On Rosalyn's 10th birthday, Sebastian eventually got Rosalyn her own guitar for which she enjoyed very much, despite him hating rock much.

Eventually Sebastian made a decision that would change his life forever...He decided to adopt Rosalyn as his own.

At first raising the young Mischievous Scamp was not easy, After the events of living on the streets, Rosalyn and Shiva still had trust issues, about Sebastian.

Sometimes Rosalyn and Shiva would often try to steal as they would sometimes but, Sebastian was always there to help them straighten out.

Sebastian, after realizing her potential of performing magic by seeing her do illusions, Magic Projections, etc, Rosalyn since then has made it her goal to become a master wizard and prove to Sebastian that she can be worthy to wield her own staff and possess mastery over magic. Rosalyn may have looked powerful performing her Magic back than but she's still a young girl who makes plenty of mistakes.

As weeks turned into months, Sebastian eventually enrolled the young Trickster in school, elementary all the way to middle school, and in this school pets were allowed.

Although Rosalyn had left her thieving side behind her, her mischievous and trickster sides will forever be apart of her. Rosalyn would often play pranks on students with her telekinesis and illusions, just for the fun, which often gets her into trouble at school.

Just like the human school she went to, she's also in a school group, but her school in the human realm didn't have group like punks, hippies, jocks etc, since it was all about being a Magick and human, in separation.

In school, Rosalyn is part of the Rockers group. She tends to stay away from the crowd and in small groups with similar interests in music, she also tends to act like a theater kid at times with amuses the other rocker kids.

And just like in the school in the human Realm, when Rosalyn puts aside her mischievous side, she very determined and hardworking when it comes to magic, and just like she was as a child, Rosalyn is still reckless when it comes to learning magic, and whenever she tries to prove herself worthy, and she barely listens to very specific rules.

During time Rosalyn would offer play her guitar, sketch, hang out with Shiva, or practicing magic with Sebastian. Raising the young Rock Wizard is forever channeling, As Rosalyn's adoptive father and as well as Mentor, Sebastian teaches her the arts of magic, discipline, humility, and that magic isn't a solution to every problem, and even new magic spells. He does scolds Rosalyn whenever she messes up in Magic, gets in trouble at school, or uses magic to do the chores, but they were Sebastian's way to teach Rosalyn discipline, humanity and how magic isn't allows the seclusion.

Even though Sebastian doesn't say it at times, he does care about Rosalyn and sees her as a daughter; just has Rosalyn sees Sebastian as a father figure she never had and does what she can to please him.

5 years later

Shiva, the winged Jaguar cub, who now at 5 months, was talking her morning flight, flying around Ravanyn, Ravanyn was a world of magic and harmony.

As she was flying Shiva looked down and saw children laughing and playing around, teenagers in groups showing off their own specific magic, teenagers showing other children basic magic, as those children were copying the teenagers moves. She also saw other children playing with mystical pets off they're own.

Hours earlier

"Mom!" Rosalyn screamed as she witnessed her mother get murdered by the Human.

She turns around and sees Shiva being kept hostage by the Human. I have to save her. I have to. She thought and started running towards her.

"Shiva! Just hang in there, I'm coming". Rosalyn yelled. "Rosalyn, I'm sorry". She said

"Shiva! NO"! But it was too late, the Human already slit her throat

"NOOOOO!" Rosalyn yelled. She ran towards her body. "Shiva! I'm so sorry". Rosalyn cried on her lifeless body and held her tight. Shiva's body disintegrated into ashes.

"You foolish girl. You think you're gonna become a master wizard one day. You can't even save your mother and your winged pest. But you are nothing but a weakling. And the weak must die". The Human held his knife, reader to stab Rosalyn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NOOOOOO"! Rosalyn shot up from bed. Her forehead was dripping with sweat and she was breathing heavily. The atmosphere felt chilly, as if the warmth just disappeared.

She looked at the other side of the bed and realized her winged Familiar wasn't there. "Shiva!" She got out of bed and ran out of the bedroom.

Meanwhile, Shiva was chugging down on her 2nd glass of water in her drink bowl on top on the counter. As she finished her water, the cub saw Rosalyn run out of the bedroom.

"Shiva! Thank God!" She ran towards her, scooped her up in her arms by the cub's surprise and hugged her tightly. "Another nightmare"? She asked, nuzzling Rosalyn back.

"Mhmm". She hummed.

"Wanna talk about it"? She asks. Rosalyn didn't respond. She sighed and walked towards the couch and sat down.

"Rosalyn, you can talk to me. You know that right"? Shiva is sitting on her lap, nuzzling her, sits right next to her. The winged Jaguar licks the girl's cheek.

"You and My mom were killed right in front of me. I couldn't save you both. I was weak"

"Rosalyn.... you aren't weak" Shiva reassured her.

"Yes I am! I couldn't save her Shiva! It's my fault that she's gone!" Rosalyn cried.

Tears started streaming down her face. Rosalyn pulled Shiva into a hug as she silently sobbed into the cub's fur. Shiva didn't mind and was nuzzling her Wizard.

"Rosalyn, Your mother's death wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself for what happened"  Shiva says looking at her with her blue eyes.

"I know. I just wish... I just wish she was still here". She sighed.

"I miss her too. But you still have me". Shiva licks Rosalyn's cheek. "And I'm still alive and sitting next to you". The cub adds.

"I'm nothing but a mess. I don't even deserve you" She chuckled.

"You're my best friend, Rosalyn. We're bonded for life. I'm not going anywhere. Plus, you're not getting rid of me that easily". The young cub says, gently pouncing on her, as the young girl was on her back.

"Thanks Shiva. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you". Shiva licks Rosalyn's cheek

"I'm just glad you're feeling better". She says, nuzzling her cheek. Rosalyn sits up as Shiva was still near her chest.

Rosalyn begins to yawn and starts to lay down with her head rested on the pillow. Shiva jumps onto the top cushions, to where the blanket is at, folded. It took her a few seconds to unfold the blanket with her teeth, once she did, she looks down at Rosalyn already asleep, peacefully. Shiva began pulling the blanket over the young girl while on top off the top cushions. As soon as the blanket was over her Wizard and jumped down and snuggled next to her, curled up on the girl's stomach, drifting off to sleep.

In the morning, Shiva always wakes up early before Rosalyn does, for her morning flight around Ravanyn, but before she left she informed Sebastian to let Rosalyn sleep in a few more hours after what happened last night, which he agreed since Sebastian always wakes her up for her chores. Nahal always looks out Rosalyn.

End of Flashback

Shiva smiles at the enjoyment everyone was having, everything is more peaceful with their own kind living in harmony then it was when Magick and humans where living together.

In a the land of Ravanyn, some masters of Wizardry take in apprentices like the young aspring right now is sweeping the floors inside a Wizard laboratory.

Rosalyn is now at age of 15, all grown up in her teenage years, she's still very mischievous. She wore a white t shirt with a Royal blue, Pink, and purple stars, Royal blue plaid open jacket, black ripped jeans, a silver studded belt, a silver chain bracelets on her right wrists, Royal blue and black sneakers.

Sebastian disappeared at some point, probably for Wizard stuff. As she sweeps, she looks around the messy room, "Blast" She mutters under her breath. She then smirks to herself as her hand glowed purple as well as the broom was surrounded in a purple aura as Rosalyn's starts to enchant it. Rosalyn figured she could use a little magic now that her mentor was gone. The broom, now enchanted broom with purple aura began sweeping by itself without her doing any actual work.

Enchanting the books to pick themselves up would be fine. She'd been practicing. She'd seen Sebastian do it a thousand times and it seemed pretty easy. It started out fine, books stacked themselves neatly, papers ended up on shelves. The broom then knock over a stack of documents that she was pretty sure had just been sorted yesterday.

Then Sebastian came back in, only for four books to shoot directly at him. The Wizard was skilled enough to avoid getting smacked in the face.

"Rosalyn! How many times have I told you not to use magic when doing your chores?" Sebastian snapped, waving his hand to send the offending books to their shelves.

"Sorry Sebastian" Rosalyn said. "I was just so behind on my chores I thought I'd speed it up a little". Sebastian sighed, looking very much like he wanted to bury his face in his hands. Another book went flying into a workshop bench, scattering documents and raw materials. Rosalyn winced as she saw the disarray. "I can fix that". Sebastian shook his head at the young teenager.

"No. Clean all this up. Now" Sebastian in a mad strict tone. "Without Magic"

"I'm sorry Sebastian. I'm just-I know I'm capable of more then just pushing a broom" She says with a frown not after her own broom starts attacking her, throwing her around the room, making her regret what she said.

"Teach me to be a proper sorcerer!" The purple haired girl pleaded once again as she struggles with the broom. "I've been doing magic since I was 8 years old!"

"And by Doing 'Magic' , you mean playing tricks, causing mischief, being sneaky, making mischief for your own entertainment on random people, an eye for trouble?" Sebastian counted his reasons with his fingers and continued "There's a reason why people call you 'The Mischievous Scamp' and 'The Trickster' around here, Rosalyn. There's nothing wrong with a bit of mischief, you just happen to take it too far and it gets out of control"

"Ok, that's getting a tad personal" The purple haired girl groaned.

Sebastian views this and continues his quick lesson "If there is a universal truth in the world, it is the struggle is the flame which forged ones soul into steel." Sebastian says while working in his cauldron. "Magic cannot be a crutch" Sebastian walks over to the teenage girl "To take the easy way is merely to exist, Rosalyn". Sebastian took the enchantment spell from the broom, since Rosalyn was having a hard time fighting against it.

"I wanna be a Master Wizard like you Sebastian, with a Staff and everything! Please!" She eagerly said as she sits on a table. "Please!"

"Staffs are for those with mastery over magic, and magic is mastery over life. So first, you must learn how to live. Master that lesson, and you'll earn your staff" Sebastian had vowed, Rosalyn only groaned in annoyance. "Now, your chores"

She sighed and continued with the rest of the work Sebastian had tasked her to do. Like organize the ingredients, tidy up the workshop, organize all of Sebastian's potions, tasks like that, which she completed.

"Are you finished?" Sebastian looks at the girl.

"Yes, Sebastian" Rosalyn sighs.

"Good, now out of the workshop, you've caused enough damage for one day." He said, causing Rosalyn's shoulders to slump. "Go to your room and try not to make any more messes along the way." Rosalyn nodded.

"But, Sebastian—"

"Don't 'But, Sebastian' me" Sebastian says strict.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosalyn exit the laboratory and went upstairs to her room, which was like her old room, she had light Royal blue and black painted walls, purple fur carpet tiles. Her bedspread was black with a big red Spellcaster guitar with music notes and music sparkles, Pictures of her and her mother from her childhood hung on the walls, a few pictures of only her with her mother along with Shiva for when the young cub joined the family, and a family picture of Sebastian, Rosalyn, and Shiva, on the court adoption. Her spell-caster guitar is hung up on a wall.

She grabbed her guitar from the wall and her satchel from her bed and exits the room. She straps the guitar onto her back and walks downstairs and outside where she arrives at the garage.

The garage is Rosalyn and Shiva's own little hang out place, mostly when they want along time and just relax. Rosalyn mostly plays her guitar in the garage, since Sebastian hates rock music.

Rosalyn slowly enters the garage. The Garage was filled with some rock music posters on it's walls. It had a couch and a bed, and whatever rock music band garages have.

Rosalyn found Shiva sleeping on a couch, taking a nap, looks like she got back from her morning flight around Ravaryn.

Rosalyn slowly put down her guitar and slowly tip toed her way over to a sleeping winged Jaguar cub, she picked up sleeping Shiva, who's fur stood up in surprise as Rosalyn spun around. She held the small cub in one hand and began tickling her tummy with the other causing both Wizard and Familiar to laugh. Shiva playfully squirmed out of her Wizard's grip and climbed onto her shoulders and nuzzled on the side of her face.

"How was your morning?" Shiva nuzzled her cheek.

Rosalyn stroked his chin "It was fine, just cleaning up the workshop, really boring stuff. How was your morning flight?"

"It was fine" Shiva stretched "Everything is finally at peace"

"Yeah, better peace then living in the Human realm" Rosalyn sat down on the couch.

"You can say that again" Shiva jumped down on the sofa and stretched again "Now, time to relax"

"Lets get some burgers" Rosalyn suggested picking up her satchel as Shiva climbed onto her shoulders, agreeing.

The Wizard and Familiar exit the garage and walked into town, a few people waved at her, kids were playing with each other, teenagers were showing off their powers to each other..Yup everything is finally at peace. As they were walking to the burger parlor.

They passed a couple of places, like restaurants. People were sitting outside in the restaurant, Rosalyn saw one lady with the plate placed on her table, the waiter left and the lady under about and looked inside her purse for something, seeing this opportunity caused Rosalyn to smirk. Rosalyn then flicked her hand.

The Lady grabbed some hand sanitizer from her purse, looked up and saw worms in her food, causing her to scream. She smacked the plate right off the table, causing it to clatter on the ground. Other people looked at her like she was crazy.

"Now that was a waste for perfectly delicious food" Rosalyn winced as Shiva slapped her behind the head with her paw causing her to snicker, Rosalyn is still mischievous but she doesn't cause as much trouble like she did when she was a kid.

"Ok, ok" Rosalyn slightly chuckled and flicked her hand the illusion worms disappeared in a small purple light, and performed a reverse spell, she plate of food was now back on the table on the plate, still fresh and eatable.

The Lady looks shocked "Ok, who did that? Show yourselves" She looks around with a scoff looking for whoever did that.

Rosalyn snicker and moved a little faster along the sidewalk. A few minutes later they reached the burger parlor as they walked in. Only a few people were inside the parlor, some people were sitting down eating their own burgers, others were chatting.

Rosalyn moved to the counter "Mr.Wilson" she chuckled to the owner of the parlor, she and Mr.Wilson are good friends.

"If it isn't Rosalyn, Mischief Wizard" Mr.Wilson smiled at the young girl as the two fist bumped "Still playing tricks, are we?"

Rosalyn smirked and rest her arm on the counter "Oh, Mr.Wilson, you know me so well"

Mr.Wilson chuckled as he gently stroked the  Winged Jaguar cub behind the ear "I hope your keeping her in check, Shiva"

"You bet I am" Shiva purred at the stroke and then with a smile.

"The Usuals for you two?"

"Yes, please"

"Coming up" Mr. Wilson smiled as he walked away as started making the burgers, a few minutes later we placed two paper bags down and a drink foam cup on the counter.

Rosalyn was about to pull out her money when Mr.Wilson stopper her. "Please Rosalyn, it's on the house, from one friend to another" he gave her a finger gun. "Just no tricks near or in my stop" he smiled.

"I've never played tricks near your shop" Rosalyn chuckled, which was very true. "Thanks, Mr.Wilson" She gave him a two finger salute as she grabbed the two bags and walked towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Wizard and Familiar soon reached the park, where kids were running around playing as the two sat on a bench. Rosalyn sat down on the bench as Shiva jumped down and stretched her body. Rosalyn passed a bag to Shiva.

Rosalyn opened her bag and pulled out a burger wrapped in paper. Her usual burger is a Cheese burger with melted cheese, pickles, bacon, and classic burger sauce.

Shiva tears through the paper that's holding her burger captive, all roughly, she has the hunger. The burger was completely still in fresh shape. Her usual burger is a cheeseburger with melted cheese, bacon and mustard.

The two began to dig into they're burgers as Shiva grabbed Rosalyn's drink of fruit punch with her paws and took a few sips, just as Rosalyn was about to take a sip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the Burgers, Rosalyn and Shiva walked back to the home to the garage, the purple Jaguar cub jumped down from her shoulders and walks over to the sofa and sits down, as Rosalyn grabbed her guitar.

The Rock adjusted the guitar and strums a few cords, as she then strums a riff for a couple of minutes.

"In a grave of roses, while the night is closing in
My soul is so cold, but I want to live again
I know You'll come to me, I wait in misery
I want to fight for this, save me from this darkness"

She began to sing as she strums her guitar getting the beat.

"I reach for the light"

"I want to live my life
The choice is mine, I've made up my mind
Now, I'm free to start again
The way I want to live (to live) and breathe (and breathe)
The way I want that's right for me
I may not know nothing else
But I know this, I want to live"

"All I ever needed was a reason to believe
You help me hold on, You ignite the fire in me
You always come for me, You know just what I need
Don't make me wait for this, save me from this darkness
I reach for the light"

Rosalyn began strumming her guitar even more creating a more loud riff, good thing that the garage was magical sound proof, that Sebastian casted.

Meanwhile in the house with Sebastian, The Adult Wizard used telekinesis to tightly up the living room, and everything was floating back into there usual places surrounded by his green aura magic.

Just then the doorbell rang.

Sebastian looked confused and walked over to door opened it, as he was greeted by a person in wizard attar, holding a staff.

"Greeting" The Wizard said. "Does Miss.Rosalyn live here?" He asked.

"That depends" Sebastian folded his arms. "Who are you and what do you want with my apprentice?"

"I'm here to announce, that your Apprentice, Miss.Rosalyn, has been invited to Starlight Academy, for young Magicks" The Wizard tells him as he pulled out a letter with a golden stamp on it as the letter was glowing blue from the inside. "You can read this letter for more details" He hands the letter to The man and poofed away in a puff of blue smoke.

Sebastian looks at the letter and closed the door, as he walks over to the Garage.

~~~~~~~

Back in the Garage, Rosalyn was fully rocking out as she still continued to sing her song, as Shiva was moving her body along to the beat of the guitar riff her Wizard was playing.

"I want to live my life
The choice is mine, I've made up my mind
Now, I'm free to start again
The way I want to live (to live) and breathe (and breathe)
The way I want that's right for me
I may not know nothing else
But I know this, I want to live"

"I'm breathing, still breathing
But I can't fight this fear alone
This feeling is killing slow
But now I know"

"I want to live my life
The choice is mine, I've made up my mind
Now, I'm free to start again
The way I want to live (to live) and breathe (and breathe)
The way I want that's right for me
I may not know nothing else
But I know this, I want to live
I want to live
I know this, I want to live"

Rosalyn struck down one finale riff before stopping, as Shiva jumped up and down, cheering "That was awesome, Ros!"

Rosalyn smiled "Thanks, Shiva"

The Young Wizard girl turned around and saw Sebastian "You and this rock music" he groaned and let out a small smile.

"Oh, hey Sebastian" Rosalyn sighs "You need something from me?"

"Well actually-" Sebastian walks in the garage pulling out the letter he revived "-This letter came for you"

Rosalyn puts down her guitar and eyes the letter as she and Shiva look at each other as she looks back at the letter. Sebastian walks over to her and hands her the letter, as she walks to the sofa and sits down.

Shiva climbs onto her shoulder as Rosalyn opened the glowing letter and suddenly the blue light burst out of the letter as a blue hologram of a male Wizard appeared.

"Hello Miss.Rosalyn" The Hologram Wizard says with a smile. "I am Headmaster of Starlight Academy"

"Starlight Academy?" Shiva mutters to herself as she and Rosalyn look at each other for a second and back at the hologram Wizard.

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been invited to join our Academy, school for gifted Magick's. We've been watching you Miss.Rosalyn and from what we see, you are very skilled with magic. We hope you accept our invite, to join our Academy"

"So..want to go?" Sebastian asks.

"I-I don't know, I mean don't get me wrong, this school sounds like a dream but a new school, high school..I don't know." Rosalyn rubbed the back of her neck.

"That place will help you with your magic and it should teach you to use it responsibly" Sebastian tells her.

"And, I'll be by your side every step of the way" Shiva  adds.

"Well, I just ill give it a try" Rosalyn tells the Hologram Headmaster.

Hologram Headmaster smiled. "Excellent decision"

"Any information you need is right on the letter" Hologram Headmaster tells them "We'll see you soon" the Hologram soon fades away

"No way! No way! No way! No way!" Rosalyn repeats with half excitement-half surprised as purple Magic projections glowing butterflies appears around the living room and flies everywhere.

A magic purple butterfly landed on Shiva's nose making her sneeze.

"I'm Glad you're willing to give this new school, Kid" Sebastian ruffles her hair. "Just don't embarrass me as my apprentice, I have a reputation" he joked.

"Thanks Sebastian" Rosalyn smiled.

"Now, you better start packing" Sebastian smiles as Rosalyn and Shiva went upstairs to her room to pack.

She packed a suitcase just for her, along with a shoulder duffel bag, Her guitar. As for Shiva, the school provides supplies for any Pet Familiar. So she didn't really need to bring any of Shiva's personal belonging. Rosalyn looks at the letter.

She looked over the information "Well, good news, no uniforms" She smirked at Shiva.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 250 21
Published: 10-April-2020 Prologue: "He was an old man, probably died on his own. Did the letter say that he was killed?" I was asked. When I heard wh...
3.4K 364 47
A Steampunk/ Gaslamp Fantasy Romance set in the industrial revolution era of a fictional world. Magic, mad science, multicultural ambiance, and polit...
332 14 35
Two baby girls are rescued, smuggled away in the middle of the night and are thrown into a world without their parents to guide them, the one good th...
37.8K 1.8K 29
"We have a new student in our class today," he announces. I see Jaz's face light up at the prospect of being in the same class as one of the new stud...