«We'll Call It Wangxian»

By Nico-00

Fake tears were shed, a fake funeral was orchestrated. Fake investigations were organised, a fake name was gi... More

Introduction
"she won't do anything"
"messed up big time or not that bad?"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
"I love you~"
"To the world wei wuxian, is dead"
"Does lan gege like me?"
"He is all I have"
"Marry me"
"Mo xuanyu or wei wuxian?"
"overdramatic much"
"Stop kidding"
"I'm sorry"
"Let's Play a game"
"Do you have a death wish?"
"I'm about to cut a bitch."
"I do."
"Don't you sign some papers and fuc-!"
"It's Better to hide him away than watching him die"
"what the fuck!"
"smile"
"Come on, smile for mama."
"He's coming after you"
"I would rise back from the dead to have one last dance with you."
"It's not like you tried to kill me or anything."
"But, master!"
"Why is master so grumpy?"
"Lies"
"she's coming for me."
"A place far away from here. Just you and I."
"Disappointing"
"Shameless"
"you think you can escape?"
"You don't believe me? "
"You have a driver's license don't you? I don't wanna die.... yet"
"It's not a coping mechanism. He is just sick to his mind."
"she was there the entire time."
"Burn in hell."
"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."
"In the end, is it always fine?"
EXTRA: ONE

"I used red when I was nine. It was the best feeling ever."

1.1K 113 31
By Nico-00

The medicine's were picked up by someone who was trusted enough by the hospital staff that they did not even bother collecting their signature in the bills.

Lan Wangji was in the hospital, the place was shut down temporarily in no time. The said man entered the hospital walls with a so many lawyers and cops accompanying him that it did not take Wen Qing more than a minute to understand what he meant to do. 

Lan Wangji was going to shut the entire place down.

Kim Sooin was going to get hunted down and arrested in no time.

There was a possibility that Wen Qing was losing her job. She couldn't care less about that fact. She was Wen, her name could get her to places where no prodigy could get into.

The only thing which she was concerned about was how almost half of the security tapes of the hospital were destroyed.

"Restore the security tapes. I don't care how long it takes."

Lan Wangji coldly threatened the head of the IT section. His brother was equally scary when it came to getting the information out of him.

Meanwhile,

"Hey? Mo Xuanyu.", Gu ming called wei ying's name out again and again and slapped his cheeks lightly to get an answer out of him. The younger went limp after a few minutes from the blood loss and Gu ming was quick enough to rush him to the nearest clinic.

The crowd of people had just stood there and did nothing to help him. It was a good thing that there was a hospital near by, otherwise things would have gotten worse.

"Fucking mob mentality. None of them called for help.", He cursed under his breath. His butler stood next to him with a solemn look on his face. He knew that the man would have never gotten into this whole ordeal if it weren't for his father's psychotic tendencies.

Gu Ming's father indeed knew that it was wei wuxian who lived with the name of a man who was long dead in the records. He was just waiting for the perfect timing to expose the man's identity to the world. And, all he needed for that was to have enough proof that it was indeed him.

Now, don't get wei ying wrong. Wherever he went he made sure to keep his identity a secret. It was the ones around him who tried to break his barriers down to nothing by making silly mistakes which could cost them a lot.

That day when Gu Ming went to meet Lan wangji. He told him that he knew who Wei Wuxian was--- Lan wangji hadn't done much to hide his identity the day they got engaged. The name wei ying getting shouted in all its glory was heard by a lot but none of them paid any attention to it. Since they did not know a man named like that anymore.

But, Gu Ming wasn't so stupid to live it then and there. He recognised his name in no time and realised that his father, his dearest father had indeed been trying to find the boy presumed dead like a crazed man for decades.

Wei Wuxian was alive and well. If not a bit traumatized by his childhood. But, he was there.

He had legs and hands, a face which resembled his mother's and fathers-- a perfect mix of them.

Clad in expensive clothes he was getting engaged once again in front of the media with his make believe name.

When, Lan wangji finally gave in to him, he also told him that there was a Stalker out there along with a crazed murderer who kidnapped wei ying when he was three.

She had not only kidnapped wei ying. The said person killed wei ying's parents in such a way that it was automatically assumed to be a hit and run case.

And now, this was all happening once again. The history was repeating itself. And there were only two ways out.

It was either to solve everything in one go knowing the dangers.

Or

Give into the cops and reveal wei ying's true identity to let him get taken under victim protection.

But, that was far from possible. If wei Ying's identity were to come out. The world wasn't going to handle things properly.

Question's were going to rise. They were going to ask why his existence was kept a secret. People were going to demand for his return to his parents' line of work solely for robbing him blind.

There was no way out. And at one point of waiting outside in the hospital, he thought something which genuinely made sense.

why did they need to hide him away in the first place?’

Just when he was about to land into a conclusion, the nurse walked outside the hospital room and told him that he can now go Inside.

"He didn't lose a lot of blood. It's a good thing that you brought him here. If you were any late the veins could have received some serious damage."

Gu Ming breathed out in relief and walked inside the white hospital room devoid of any colours at all. Wei Ying was near by the bedrest, his legs were hanging down the bed loosely and he stared down at his hand which was wrapped up in bandages.

When he heard the footsteps nearing him, for a second he thought that it was Lan Zhan but, it wasn't him. It was Gu Ming.

He was probably the only one who believed in him.

"How do you feel?", He asked in a low voice like he was trying to woo a child. Wei Ying on the other side gave him a side eye and simply shook his head.

If only he felt good about how his life was turning out to be, he would have been over the rainbow dancing over it. This s certainly wasn't how he wanted his life to turn out.

"Your uncle in law will be here soon."

Lan Qiren was the last man he wanted to see and Gu ming had been courteous enough to call him of all the people in the world.

"What is wrong with you?", Wei Ying asked his voice still remained dull with a hint of annoyance in it.

The old man got concerned over the littlest things. Gu ming had simply laughed it off upon hearing the rebuttal from the younger man hooked up on IVs. When the silence fell upon them the older man took a notice of wei ying's hand which was covered in bandages.

Apart from the bandages he saw how his hand had scars all over them, what seemed like a cut caused by a knife took no name of fading away even though there was something weird about that particular scar his attention went towards the several others which decorated his hand like a throng of confetti popper's.

Wei Ying noticed the look of awe on the man's face, no scratch that. He looked horrified.

"When I was young, I used to be a really skinny kid. My wounds never healed and I took no name of gaining weight until I turned fifteen."

Wei Ying put a finger over that one particular scar the man was looking at and Started telling him the story behind the scar.

"I was always fascinated by the colour red. Whenever my wounds started to bleed out I'd stare at them for hours. Red looked so fascinating that it soon became my favourite colour. I preferred it over everything in my life."

Gu Ming did not like where this was going at all. His hands clenched onto his pockets in slight horror and looked at wei ying with concern. Gu Ming was never concerned about anything. Yet, the words afformentioned said made him feel like there was more to what he had gone through.

"I started painting when I was less than an year old. I started using red when I was nine."

He almost smiled at the horrified look on Gu Ming's face.

Meanwhile,

Getting the tapes did not take too long, Lan Zhan knew how to make a threat. He had worked too long to know the ins and outs of how to get what he wanted.

"Jiang wanyin.", He muttered under his breath. Clearly the man wasn't the one who was the Stalker. He was most likely put up to all of this.

The said man was the one who came to the hospital to collect wei ying's remaining medicines. He did not understand why the tapes needed to be cleared for this.

"He's being framed.", Wen Qing said understanding the whole ordeal.

Someone from the family, as in who knew wei ying's true identity was doing all of this for some reason. And Jiang Wǎnyín, the man was just a pawn for all of this.

"I went to collect his sleeping pills. He wasn't sleeping properly for days and jiejie and i thought that it was most likely because he hasn't been taking his medicines."

Jiang cheng's voice was crisp and clear, he had a good intent behind coming to the hospital.

"Mom was the one who wanted to get the medicine's back for him. Wei Ying agreed in no time with her."

"Call her, she probably has them with her."

No. It couldn't be Madam Yu. She has been taking care of wei ying as her own son for majority of his life.

As, Lan wangji made his way out of the hospital through the long corridore followed by Wen Qing, he had already planned to go to the Jiang manor to confront someone close.

Back to the hospital,

"I grew up with Lan Zhan and Xichen-gege for majority of my childhood."

Wei Ying lied a little so that his roots related to the Jiang's wasn't revealed. Gu ming nodded along with the love albeit knowing the truth. That was the best part of all of this. He liked how wei ying lied through his teeth with so much perfection.

"Uncle saw me using my blood as a substitute for red one day. Xichen-ge was the second one to catch me in the act."

Wei Ying sheepishly said those words with gritted teeth and a look of anxiousness on his face. The day was still quite fresh in his mind.

"It went down in no time after that. He grabbed my hand so hard that I felt those wounds reopen once again. Xichen-ge followed us upstairs, my hand was patched up in no time. But, my relationship with him was never the same again."

"I was sent to therapy not more than a day later.", Wei Ying laughed when he remembered how mortified everybody were upon seeing what he did.

Lan Qiren was against wei ying's whole painting career after that day. But, Lan Zhan who had somehow remained oblivious to his horrific acts convinced him to let him continue with his job.

Whenever the older man came to visit him for tea, if he ever saw a potrait with empty paint tubes lying on the floor the first thing he'd do was to drag him out of the house and treat him for a meal and slyly check his hand which was covered with a glove.

"I almost did it again a while back. He almost caught me in the act. But, I managed to cover it all up. I was losing my mind over how I didn't find any red paint and the first ting I did was to look at my hand."

Gu Ming did not understand how the man could still remain do pliant despite having so much things going on with him.

"This is self harm."

Wei Ying was quick to retort back.

"It's a coping mechanism."

He was left exasperated at the answer wei wuxian had readied up for him.

"You aren't the first one to hear, you won't be the last one."

"Let's go. I need to get back home. I'll just cut my hair with a rusted knife. It'll be just like the movies!"

_______________________________________

Hello there!

Did you like this chapter? I hope you did.

Who do you think is the actual villain. I think it's obvious.

Buy me a kofi to support my works!

https://ko-fi.com/meghna

Stay safe!

See ya~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 9.2K 48
"Wangji... Rule 2982-" Lan Wangji stiffens. "-you know you can't be with him. It's been many moons for you two now, so I can predict you'll feel...
22.6K 1.4K 18
Lan Wangji is crazy for Wei Wuxian. When he saw him first from that time he fell for him. He also confess his feelings to Wei Wuxian but Wei Wuxian n...
73.6K 4.6K 29
With his Shijie is gone, the Wen remnant is gone, the whole cultivation world is going against him..... Wei Wuxian won't forgive anyone. Wei Wuxian...
405K 20.3K 34
Wei WuXian was the secret of the Jiang sect. Not many knew of him, and everyone was warned against going towards the house on the river. All who trie...