Grim Reaper's Handmaiden [Gri...

By Kuppuruchi

As a human, I've always wondered what's life after death. It's always there at the back of my mind. Will I as... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 52

836 30 12
By Kuppuruchi

Gyth’s POV

I woke up from my sleep to find Chevel out of sight, instead her scent lingered on my sheets. I was too relaxed with her by my side that I actually fell long into slumber. I sighed worried if she made it back safely.

I immediately stood up and grabbed my robe. I glanced towards the clock as it struck midnight. She must be asleep by now, I should be swift and quiet.

I hastily descended the flight of stairs down to her quarters and unnoticeably peeked inside. My eyes instantly found Chevel who’s surprisingly still awake, sitting on her bed. I shifted my gaze to her side and flustered upon seeing the red-haired man sitting comfortably next to her.

I felt a sudden rage within me and reached for the knob when a hand suddenly grabbed my arm.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said and without even looking at the man, I knew exactly who it was.

“Don’t mind my business, Dante.” I said gnashing my teeth.

“He’s a human and you can’t do anything about it.” He said and as much as I hate to agree with him, he’s right.

“Well, I have to go on an errand. It’s nice seeing you too.” Dante mockingly said as he disappeared into the hallways.

I glanced back at Chevel who’s wearing a bright smile as she talked endlessly with the man and I can’t help but feel the pounding feeling in my chest yet again.

I took a deep breath and quietly closed the door. Chevel will have another training this morning and I can’t help but be wary of the things that are beyond my control.

Without a second thought, I ascended the stairs up to the throne room. I quietly walked passed its doors and deep into the hallway until I reach the doors to the necromancy section. It is where I exactly remembered it to be.

I slowly opened its doors to find it empty. Although the certain demon I know of must be secluded within the attic.

I ascended the spiral staircase and opened the wooden hatch.

“Ah. What a pleasant visit.” A familiar voice greeted.

“It’s been a really long time, Malluk.” I said approaching him into an embrace.

He’s still going strong and quite muscular even though he’s getting old. Malluk is an ordinary demon but Lucifer took him refuge for his extraordinary skill in medicinal matters. He’s a legendary necromancer in the underworld and the only father figure I have in this hellhole.

“You must be out of your mind to not visit me this entire time!” He exclaimed, smacking my back.

“My greatest apologies, Malluk. I’ve been quite busy.” I said, leaning back on the wooden walls.

“So I’ve heard. You took in a human?” He asked, cleaning up his long wooden table full of laboratory equipment and such.

“Precisely.” I responded. It wasn’t really a surprise that such news quickly spread throughout the castle.

“I heard she’s quite a beaut.” Malluk teased. “And where in heavens have you heard that?” I responded and he laughed hysterically.

“Oh please. There’s no need to keep any secrets between us. Though I’m fairly surprised at your sudden change of mind.” Malluk said and a smile unknowingly formed my lips.

“I am too.” I replied.

“As long as it makes you happy, my child.” He said and my eyes widened in surprise as they darted towards him. He must’ve noticed my sudden smile.

“You must be surprised seeing me in such expression that doesn’t suit me.” I said and Malluk slowly paced towards me, enveloping me in his arms.

“My child, I’ve been longing for so long to see you in such state.” Malluk said and tears suddenly well in the corners of my eyes.

“Now don’t tell me your tears became shallow too?” He said pulling back and I smiled. “I’m just glad to see you, is all.” I responded, holding his arm.

“Now now, I know you must be needing something to make this surprise visit.” Malluk said turning towards a shelf full of medicaments.

“Do you still have that medicament?” I asked, pertaining to the pill he personally made for me when I was having a difficulty controlling my powers during my reaper training.

“This must be what you need.” He said handing me a small container and inside it is the scarlet-colored medicament.

“Are you sure that this is what you want?” Malluk asked and my eyes drifted from the container to his eyes.

“I’ve no choice Malluk.” I answered. “I trust her.” I said wholeheartedly.

I searched for a piece of paper and wrote the instructions, sliding it inside the container.

“Let me remind you again that the effects still depends on the host.” He informed and I nodded.

“I understand. Thank you, Malluk.” I said, putting the medicament in the pocket of my robe.

“I’ll bring her to you soon.” I said bidding him goodbye.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He said closing the hatch and I walked back into my chamber in haste.

I took a quick bath and stood by the window. I watched the moon turn golden and proceeded to leave for the main hall.

I stood at the farmost corner of the hall watching over it get filled by humans. I glanced towards Chevel, listening attentively as Lilith’s henchman began the instructions.

“You’ll be standing in display until a demon chooses you and you’ll be taken into the rooms next to this hall.” The henchman said and my eyes instantly snapped towards the elevated surface he’s standing on.

“As for the demons, to avoid conflict, the first ones to grab are the ones entitled and keep in mind, you’ll have exactly fifteen minutes till you can switch on to your next desired human.”

My eyes fixated on Lilith and her knowing smirk. “Gibberish!” I stomped into the hall with rage.

I advanced towards Lilith but her henchmen were quick to grab my waist.

“Great sir, this kind of disturbance during the training is highly disallowed.” The henchman said and my eyes turned to them with utter displeasure.

“Remove your filthy hands or do you want me to take your heads?” I sternly said with gritted teeth as I stared into their eyes.

“Enough.” Lilith interfered and her henchmen marched back behind her.

She paced towards me as my breath becomes heavier with the violent rage brewing inside me.

My knuckles whitened as she leaned next to my ear and my hand instantly found her collar.

“I thought I gave you enough warnings, Lilith.” I said, gripping her collar.

“Aren’t you too worried for a mere slave?” Lilith whispered.

“She is not a slave.” I responded firmly.

“Oh right. She’s your precious handmaiden or so you called. But what can I do? The event will continue no matter what ruckus you’ll make.” She provoked and I tightened my grip on her collar.

“Halt at this very moment.” I ordered.

“You wouldn’t want to keep this scene in front of the humans do you?” She murmured and I glanced over my shoulder to find their eyes looking towards me with great fear.

I loosened my hand gripping on Lilith’s garment as she yet again whispered to my ear. “So let me propose something to you.”

“You can interfere after an unwanted situation takes place. Although my two henchmen here will be at guard.” She offered to which I find no reason not to accept. I can’t make the humans even more uncomfortable with my choice of actions.

“You underestimate my power if you think these two hybrids can stop me.” I informed her and turned towards the crowd.

My eyes searched for Chevel’s and took long strides towards her flustered figure in the middle of the crowd.

“Gyth?” She muttered as I reached her.

I took her hand and sneakily passed her the medicament. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Lilith studying us in the corner of my eyes and I immediately shoved the container inside her pocket.

“Trust me.” I muttered to her ear and continued walking past her, leaving all my trust in her.

The infuriating event took place and I stood in the corner, lying await in the shade.

It wasn’t even that long till it began when I felt my badge responding to me and that’s my queue to dash towards Chevel.

As Lilith said, her henchmen stood guarded next to the rooms but I furiously advanced passed them and in a matter of seconds they’re on the ground, groaning in pain.

“Gyth?!” Chevel exclaimed in surprise as I opened the door.

“Chevel! What in the hell happened?” I asked upon chasing my breath as I immediately approached her shocked figure, studying her from head to toe and found her hands covered in bandage.

Too focused at her, I failed to notice the incubus next to her. I shifted my eyes towards him and I felt a wild rage upon meeting his familiar eyes.

“Elil..” I gnashed my teeth upon calling his name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679 16 20
You have just died,you wake up in hell?Well you expected to go and end up in hell anyways so it didn't matter to you.You had a chance to redeem yours...
277K 9.1K 35
Landing a rather unexpected stroke of luck by finding you, The Princess of Hell requests your aid for providing entertainment for her new passion pro...
17.2K 1.1K 54
*Featured on Fantasy's Dark Fantasy reading list!* ► Book One of the Wings Trilogy This is, by no means, a story for those light of heart. This is...
462 76 50
This story is for 17+ only ! contains - demons and angels - magic - alcoholic drinks -epic battles This is a book about Gatekeepers, TimeKeepers, A...