Hot Potato

By ZonderZorg

Gigi, an aromantic bi, doesn't know what she wants most - a husband, a lover, or her own restaurant. She has... More

Introductory Matter
1. Double Whammy
2. Of Luck
3. A Waiting Game
4. Quandary
5. A Hot Potato
6. An Interview
7. So, Now What?
8. Analysis
9. Food for Thought
10. My New Empire
11. Meeting
12. Introductions
13. New Direction
14. Why Now?
15. Not Safe for Work
16. Acquainting
17. Decision Time
18. The Heart of the Matter
19. Of Shipping and Shopping
20. Proper and Not
21. Of Connections
22. Spot On
23. Videos
25. Comfort and Not
26. Of Hate and Love
27. Dunc's View
28 . More Oh, Wows
29. Of Romance and Love
30. Of Bonding
31. The Moment of Truth
32. A New Company
33. Acquisition
34. Spreading the Word
35. Addressing the Staff
36. Reevaluations
37. Of Accounting and Slips
38. Of Leads and Leadership
39. Moving Forward
40. Of Marketing and Management
41. Of Recruiting
42. Marcy
43. Reorganisation
44. A Third Wheel
45. On a Plate
46. Of Bobbles and Bubbles
47. Mac and Cheese
48. After-Dinner Treats
49. Pieces Falling into Place
50. Whoops!
51. Calming the Waters
52. The Power of Three
53. Grand Opening

24. Police

110 11 38
By ZonderZorg

"You should dress in your new suit, Gigi. That would give you more respect and credibility."

"Yeah, reverse discrimination – even among those trained to be neutral."

"Sad but true."

I removed the tags from the blouse, and Dunc held it for me to put it on. Then while I buttoned it, he removed the ones from the skirt and unzipped it, asking, "Fresh underwear? Where do you keep it?"

"In that drawer." I pointed. "But I'll go without. I wear it only when there's a chance I'll see someone hot and get turned on."

"Oh! But you had panties on today."

"You had intrigued me yesterday, and I didn't want to risk wetting my jeans."

"Fuck! Oh, God! What do I do with this?"

I turned to see Buddy rising toward horizontal. "Yeah, that'll be a problem. Let's find something to divert your thoughts."

"And keep them diverted until we're back here." He paused for a while, then said, "The police will need to know where to find him. Serve him with a summons and arrest him. Did he give you a forwarding address for his mail?"

I shook my head as I stepped into the skirt and pulled it up. "No, but he never received any here. Everything electronic – same as I do."

"Hmmm. We need a way they can track him down. Have you any details from his ID?"

"Like what?"

"Did he share the expenses? Maybe a credit card number. Image of a returned cheque."

"He paid me with cash, so no trace but his name."

"Phone number? The police can request access to his details."

"He changed it. Didn't work when I called to confirm – whoa! That's it."

"What?"

"Last week, a cartage guy came to pick up his stuff, and I wanted proof that he had Garth's authorisation. Took photos of the work order, or whatever it's called. Evidence in case he tried to accuse me of throwing his stuff out. Delivery address was on it."

"Great! And probably his new cell number. Photos still in your phone?"

"Yeah, and synced to my MacBook."

By this time, Buddy had become bored and went back to sleep. While Dunc finished dressing, I went to the bathroom to fluff my hair with the dryer and brush it into place. Then back in the bedroom, I picked up the phone and took my wallet and keys from the hoodie pouch. "Hmmm! These aren't pockets, just decorative flaps. Where do businesswomen keep phones and stuff?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, most of these suits are close-fitting, so bulging pockets would distract. They probably put them in their clutch or briefcase."

"I've a padded computer slip case. Would that work?"

"Indeed! Another thing they would use."

Ten minutes later, and three blocks down the street, we arrived in the reception lobby of Vancouver Police Headquarters. Duncan outlined the situation to an officer behind the counter, and I added, "About three weeks ago, three of your colleagues responded to my 9-1-1 domestic violence call about this same person. Leading them was Constable Singh, so she'd be familiar with the situation."

"We have many Singhs on the force. The name is like Smith or Wong. But that would have been the Domestic Violence Unit, and they won't be involved in this case. I've buzzed for someone from the Counter-Exploitation Unit to come and assist you."

"I've not heard of that one."

"Recently renamed. Used to be the Vice Squad."

"Yeah, that's the one I knew. Always thought it an archaic holdover from the Al Capone days and US attitudes. The new name's much –"

I was interrupted by a woman's voice behind me, "Hello, I'm Sergeant Royston, Counter Exploitation Unit. How may I assist you?"

Duncan began outlining the situation again, then the officer said, "Enough out here in public. Follow me, please."

At a blank door, she placed her thumb on the scanner, the latch clicked, and she pulled it open to usher us in. Then weaving us through a maze of shoulder-high cubicle walls, she led us into a small office and closed the door. "Please, sit there. Let's get the details. Start with the identity of the accused."

I took my phone from the case and switched it on, and as it came to life, I said, "The name's Garth Davis. I've photos here of his address. Likely his phone number, as well."

When I found the clearest one, I passed the phone across the desk to her, and as she typed the information into her computer, she said, "Appears to be a delivery service waybill. What was this about?"

"He was recovering his belongings after I had kicked him out. Constable Singh and her partner remained to ensure there was no more violence and that –"

"Violence? So, this would be a revenge case, then."

"Yeah. As the officers escorted him out, his last words were, 'I'll get you for this, Gigi'."

"So, domestic violence? How had the police become involved?"

"I had called 9-1-1. You should find all the details in Constable Singh's report. But my immediate concern is that he has uploaded extremely explicit videos of me to the Internet, and I want them removed before the whole world sees them."

"Yes, of course." She turned to the computer and asked, "How do I find them?"

"On PornTube posted by username girth."

She typed and entered, then typed again and entered. "Got to the site, but no results searching for Garth."

"Not Garth. It's girth, G-I-R-T-H. He's in love with his thickness."

"Aha! Here it is. Appears to be nothing but him and his, hmmm – his ego."

"Scroll all the way to the bottom. Recently posted ones."

"The megaclit ones?"

I winced. "Yeah."

She clicked on one and watched for a while. "No question that's you. Appears you had given him permission to shoot these."

"What? No, not at all."

"Then how would he have all of this without your knowledge?"

"He had installed a new security system, using webcams as motion detectors, and I didn't know the difference. Didn't know until Dunc recognised them an hour or so ago. Someone had told me earlier that I had a hot doppelgänger on the web, and I added the pieces."

"Okay, so old activity but newly posted." She pointed to the screen. "This was uploaded yesterday. And the other woman here? What's her connection?"

"Marcy and I have been a couple for almost ten years."

"I'm missing some puzzle pieces here. Where does the accused fit into this?"

"I'm bi, and we hooked up. Then he asked if he could move in and share expenses."

The sergeant nodded. "And when he became violent, you called 9-1-1."

"In a way. I came home unexpectedly and caught him shooting a porn movie. Two cameramen and two fake-boobed bimbos."

"Oh! I read that report. How horrid."

"Great! We're now both on the same page. So, how do we get these taken down?"

"The priority is to get him off the street. I'll have someone screenshot and download these for evidence, then –"

"We tried downloading. Doesn't work on that site."

"There are lots of workarounds." She pointed to the screen again. "Just Google download porntube, and there'll be dozens of links to free downloader sites."

"Fuck!"

"Yeah, that's the standard reaction. As soon as we've gathered sufficient evidence to prosecute him, we'll initiate the takedown orders."

"There's a lot of evidence in my condo. All the webcams should have his fingerprints. The new router, as well."

"Router?"

"He installed a stronger one. His password. He still had access to the webcams until Dunc disconnected it an hour or so ago." I pointed to her computer. "Some of the stuff there is only a few days old – the megaclit ones. Have those taken down now."

"We need them for evidence."

"Scroll up. There's more than enough evidence without continuing to compromise Marcy. Look at BushyMegaLips, MegaLipsFuck, MegaLipsBeg, and all the others there. Those are only Garth and me. Have the ones with Marcy taken down immediately."

Sergeant Royston moved the mouse and clicked, then she nodded as she stared at the screen. "Right, I'll have that done."

"Thank you."

<><><>

Points to consider in this chapter:

Do you think Gigi's comments on reverse discrimination ring true?

Did the interaction with the police seem realistic?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please click the star to let me and Wattpad know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 99.9K 129
Natalie and Evie are very different people. They are very different in age, in income, and at different stages of their lives. Natalie is a partner...
55.3K 3.2K 41
When a laid back and rudely gorgeous city girl comes for her farmer's market crown, Sabina's dream of joining the family honey business is threatened...
12K 918 31
(#2 Book in the dance series.) Lea Rovera is a 24 y/o aspiring artist that has been inseparable from her best friend Estelle Beaufort at The Pink Ros...
5.2M 174K 69
Black Moon Series Book #1 Warning: Mature content, graphic language, gay, polyamorous French food is my healthy pleasure. Sex is my stress-relief ple...