Since We Were Kids // In the...

By spacebear222

Teddy and her friends have already been through hell and back, but what will happen in the Scorch? ~~~ Sequel... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Author's Note

Chapter Three

378 12 6
By spacebear222

It's been approximately three hours since I've attempted to fall asleep. As you an tell it's not going to well.

I keep on tossing and turning, overthinking, worrying, and wondering! No matter how hard I try  I cannot seem to fall asleep. I want to go see Newt, he always makes things better. But I can't find the guts to do it. I don't want to bother him at this hour, really. Will he mind? I don't know...

Oh well, sorry Newt.

I climb down from the bunk I'm in and tiptoe over to Newt's top bunk. I climb up the metal ladder.
"Newt..." I whisper. He appears to be rolled over in his side. "Newt you awake?"

He rolls over and props himself up with his elbows.  "Teddy? You're up too?"

I nod. "Can't sleep. Can I lay with you?"

"Of course," he nods.

I crawl down next to him on the side on the wall. He lifts the blanket and I burry myself in. We both lay our heads on the pillow. I wrap my arms around him and pull him close to me.
"I can't stop worrying," I tell him.

He rubs my back and strokes my hair. "We're safe here, Teddy."

I shake my head. "Newt- But I don't feel safe. Well, right now I feel safe."

"Why's that, only right now?"

"Because... I'm with you. I'm in your arms," I sigh, almost cringing at my own words even though I've never been so honest. "I don't have a home- I've never had a home- but I know that this is exactly what it would feel like."

Newt pulls me even closer to him, and kisses me on my forehead. I look at his face, with a grin from ear to ear on it.

"What?" I giggle.

"Nothing,"he chuckles.

"Dude I just poured my heart out to you."

He smirks. "I love you."

I smile. "I love you, too. You're my best friend, you know that?"

I burry my head into the crook of his neck as he nods.

Newt's POV

Ouch.

Having her as my best friend was great, until I fell in love with her. I know I deny it, but I can't stop hiding from the truth! I am in love with Teddy. I can just hear Minho saying, "i told you soooo!"

Here I am with the girl I love laying in my arms, and I don't even have the courage to tell her. I never will. I don't know what I did to deserve a friendship like ours and I cannot ruin it! I've never realized how painful it is to say "we're just friends."

Teddy's POV

The room is silent, except for soft snoring from the other boys and Newt's heartbeat beating against mine. Of course I don't mind, I love silence sometimes.

After a few minutes I could start to hear. Newt's soft snoring as well. Then all of the sudden I hear something metal bang on the floor. I hear whispers but can't make out the words.

"What the hell..." I hear Thomas whisper from the bunk below us.

I unwrap my arms around from Newt crawl to the ladder. "Thomas?" I whisper worriedly while I start climbing down to see all the commotion. "Tommy what's going-"

Thomas is standing up from his bed and looking at the ground. I walk over and stand next to him when I notice a boy under the bunk. "Uhm..."

"Come on, follow me," the boy says.

Then I start remembering the boy as the "drug dealer looking kid."

"What?" Thomas whispers.

"Hurry, we're gonna miss it!"

I exchange a confused and worried look with Thomas.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Just follow me," the boy says going back into the vent.

After exchanging another look with Thomas, I nod towards underneath the bunk. "Come on then," and I crawl underneath.

Let's just hope Newt doesn't wake up.

"What are we doing?" I ask the strange boy.

"Just come on," he says while continuing to lead is through the vents.

After a few minutes he stops in front of a large vent below us, leading down to the hallway below. "Watch this," the boy says as we gather around, watching carefully.

We watch and notice several men dressed in fully white, puffy suits, push two tables by with something- or someone on it.

"What the hell was that?" Thomas whisper-shouts.

"They bring in new ones every night- like clockwork," the boy informs us.

"You know what they do with them?" I ask in shock.

He shakes his head. "I don't. This is as far I've ever gotten. The vents don't even go into that section."

Me and Thomas exchange shocked and scared expressions before looking back at the boy.

"But once they go through that door, they don't come back out. I don't think anyone really leaves this place."

My heart starts racing. I knew I couldn't trust this place!

"Come on, we gotta go before someone notices we're gone."

"Why did you show us this?" Thomas asks.

"Because maybe the others will listen to you," he looks at both of us. "There's something weird going on here. And I know you both think so, too."

"Hey- wait," Thomas says before the boy can take off. "What's your name?"

"Aris," he holds his hand out for Thomas to shake.

"Thomas."

I shake his hand next, "Teddy."

And with that he's off.

"Let's go," Thomas says heading off.

I follow behind him and we make it back to our bunks in a matter of minutes. Quietly, he closes the vent door.

"Goodnight," I whisper before stepping up the ladder.

"Wait- isn't Newt up there?" He smirks.

"Yeah... so?"

He chuckles for the first time in a while. "Goodnight Teddy."

I crawl into Newt's bed once again, hoping for a dreamless sleep as I crawl into his arms.

...

Janson starts reading names off his list, once again.

"Jeremy."
"Laura."
"Elliot."
"And last but not least, Newt."

My eyes grow in shock when Newt stands up from across the table.

"No..." I whisper tears silently falling.

"NEWT! SIT BACK DOWN!" I yell.

Newt ignores me, after making eye contact with his expressionless face.

"NEWT!" I sob.

He continues to walk to the front of the room, standing in line with the others.

"YOU'RE GONNA GET YOURSELF KILLED, NEWT!"

I stand up from my table, wobbling to Janson, and slapping him in the face. "YOU MONSTER!" I yell, piercing my throat.

In a matter of seconds I feel something on the back of my head. I look over to see Janson holding a gun to me, even though he was in front of me moments ago.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME!"

"MOVE A MUSLE AND I SHOOT!" He spits.

I didn't move anything- when he pulls the trigger and sends a bullet straight through my brain.
...

"TEDDY!"

I woke up with a gasp, sweating miserably and breaths so heavy I couldn't keep up. I propped myself up with my elbows. A pain behind my eyes was so sharp it was like someone was punching it. And not to mention my heart was beating so loud I could hear it clearly in my head.

"Teddy..." I open my eyes to see Newt hovering over me. "Teddy!? You alright?"

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Sitting up straight I rub my face.

"Teddy?!" This time it was Minho, Thomas and Newt who say it.

"I'm fine!" I choke out. "I'm... fine." 

"You sure? I'm pretty sure you can't be too 'fine' if you're screaming 'don't shoot me!' in your sleep," Minho says.

"It's just a nightmare- that's all," I say, thankful that Minho confirmed it as one.

"Teddy- your hands are shaking," Newt informs me, grabbing my right hand. I look at my hands to see them shaking uncontrollably.

"I'll be alright," I give a fake smile, trying to hide my tears. "I promise."

~~~

Idk if I love this chapter but here it is anyway! I promise it'll get better. Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 14.9K 16
❝𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’– 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒅 π’…π’“π’†π’‚π’Žπ’” 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔? 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒉𝒂𝒅.❞ From the first moment they saw each other...
306K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...
2.6K 93 16
Book 2:(Y/n) and Newt have survived the impossible Maze Trials, the group had been taken to a facility away from the hands off WCKD, however they're...
143K 8.1K 43
--Book two in the Subject A250 series-- She took the Grievers down. She survived the maze. She knows the story is far from over. So, how will...