BENEFITS | YUNSANG

By egangmo

"Can you imagine how devastating it sounds when they say the bad kid never learned his lesson? And to tell th... More

Prologue
Dodgeball
Backseat
Mannequin
Shirts
Vanilla
Outlet
Bike
Birthday
Aphrodite
Cinema
Calls
Drones
Theme Park
Motel
Skateboard
Sensitive
Library
Cupcakes
16 Shots
Beautiful
Angel's Kiss
Red
Vulnerable
Scarred
Ward
Missing Yunho
Missing Yeosang
Wheelchair
Nightmare
Willow
Sleepover
Tears
Rumour
Lovesick
I Hate You
Atone
Congratulations
Messed Up
Shy
Epilogue
Book 2!

Skatepark

409 37 23
By egangmo

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Ah, there he is. What took you so long?"

Jongho cranes his head up from his phone while sitting on Mingi's bike. It's another ordinary day where his older mates would usually invite him to hang out after school regardless of his improper schedules. Jongho had known them long before Yeosang did, yet he hadn't been this close to the elders ever since he tagged along with them to the theme park. In fact, coming over and hanging out at Mingi's place becomes a regular basis.

"Let's go, guys."

With a plastic bag of crisps and soda dangling on his fingers, Mingi happily walks to his friends waiting at their bikes. He hands Jongho the bags and hops in front of the younger. Wooyoung puts on his helmet as he tugs San close to him and starts the engine before pulling off from the street with Jongho and Mingi behind them. A ten-minute ride to Mingi's house later, the boys park their bikes at the porch and make their way inside. Mingi unlocks the door to enter and throws his keys at a nearby table. The boys settle on the couch after tossing off their shoes.

"So, why were we told to not invite Yunho and Yeosang over?" Wooyoung tears a packet of snacks with his teeth.

Mingi takes a sip of his soda. "Cause I don't want them to hear what I'm gonna say."

"Hot tea alert." San chuckles in mischief. "Lemme guess, Yunho made the next move?"

"As we taught him?" Wooyoung asks. Jongho slurps his drink in unease, for he isn't prepared to hear anything related to Yunho and Yeosang. Mingi clears his throat.

"There are good news and bad news." He intertwines his fingers together to look cool. "The good news is, yes, it seems like he took a large step ahead. But the bad news..." The other boys await his answer as Mingi takes another sip of his drink, "He did it at the wrong timing."

"What do you mean?" Jongho frowns.

Mingi inhales a sharp anxious breath. "They had a one-night stand. In the motel room."

"THEY DID WHAT?!" San and Jongho screech.

Wooyoung jumps from the couch and hops around happily. "Ah, I fuckin' knew it, mate! I smelt something fishy when I saw Yeosang's hickeys that morning, and his cheeks were all red. He tried to hide it from you, Jongho."

"HUH?!" Added into Jongho's shock.

"Y'all hoes better lower your loud ass volumes. My sister's home." Mingi hushes the members. "Hongjoong hyung and I were curious, alright? We saw no skin, promise. The curtains concealed such a magnificent sight. Could've stayed a little longer if it weren't for hyung's ringtone, he do be trippin' then and there."

"Damn, you guys are straight-up nasty. Creeping up to your friends' room to watch them make out." San remarks in a naughty smile. "Somehow I wish I'd be there too."

"I wonder how Yeosang could take up with Yunho being that big, ya know what I mean?" Jongho merely slapped the smirk on Wooyoung's face after he said those words. His friends could find the fun in joking about the one-night stand that he couldn't. As Yeosang's long-term friend, Jongho has never felt so concerned.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"This isn't even far from our neighbourhood, yet I've never been to this place."

Yunho enters the entrance of a skatepark behind Yeosang, widening his eyes at the massive inclined slides dispersed around the grounds and aggressive players skating and drifting along the cement coated park. Some of them were trying out their cool moves, flexing their parkour skills in front of the crowd yet causing a wild atmosphere in the night. The majority of the kids he recognizes from the other schools are around Yunho's age. He wonders how a distant introvert like Yeosang could blend in with those kids.

Yeosang kept his promise of bringing Yunho to the skatepark only after he succeeds to play the skateboard without holding onto Yeosang for balance. Yunho sort of regrets it, he wants to play with Yeosang alone.

"Aren't you used to crowded places?" Yeosang asks as Yunho follows him inside, slightly smirking. "I thought you're fond of parties."

Yunho chews his lip anxiously. "This is a lair, Yeosang. Those kids are like a pack of wolves."

"They're tame, don't worry." Yeosang nudges him. He takes off his baseball cap to tuck his dark bangs back to wear his cap backwards. Yunho wishes Yeosang would do that often so he could admire Yeosang's bare handsome face every day. The younger smiles and Yunho and hands him his skateboard. "Let's see how far you can go."

"Dude, in front of them?!"

"You did so well the last couple of days." He pulls Yunho towards a higher platform where they could view the entire skatepark. "Lemme show you around. Those inclined planks are called the banks, a slanted slide they use for flatground tricks. Those are the rails, flatrails and handrails, you need a lot of practice if you wanna complete a flawless slide down the pole. That huge sunken hole is the bowl or pool, mostly occupied by the kids here and filled with spray paint. Those ramps over there are called vert ramps, it's my favourite obstacle. There's a lot more at the other side."

"Can I watch you play?" Yunho stares at Yeosang with pleading doe eyes. "Over there. At the vert ramps."

"Sure." Yeosang simply agrees and takes the skateboard to lead Yunho to the ramp. The moment they arrive at the table of the ramp, Yeosang felt Yunho's hand shiver in his hold by the epic height from the ground. "You won't fall if you mind your heel."

"Don't scare me!" Yunho grumbles. "Go ahead, Sangie. Show off your coolest tricks. Let the whole park know how awesome you are."

"They already do." Yeosang winks to him, sending butterflies in Yunho's tummy, and steadies his skateboard over the coping.

Taking a few seconds peering down to ensure his coast is clear, Yeosang steps onto his skateboard and drops in down the quarter swiftly to the other side and slash grind over the opposite slant, drifting back down to repeat his glides with several other tricks Yunho had never seen before. Loud clamorous sounds of the skateboard wheels slamming against the cement lure the eyes of the public to Yeosang's incredible skate, embarking jovial cheers around him.

"Ain't that Kang Yeosang?"

"He came tonight too!"

"That guy is slick, dude!"

Yunho is stunned. Yeosang is prominently famed and among the kids of the skatepark for his expertise in skateboarding. Something extraordinary Yunho had never thought of ever since they met. Perhaps he was wrong for underestimating the quiet kid in class and somehow felt his self-esteem decrease when comparing himself to Yeosang. Yeosang ends his intense performance by balancing himself over the first coping and lightly trips, stumbling onto Yunho's arms.

Yunho lifts Yeosang in his arms and twirls him around happily. "You're awesome! Those stunts are just out of this world!"

"Thanks." Yeosang shyly grins. They walk down from the vert ramp while random people give Yeosang back slaps and fist bumps on their way to the bowl. "Wanna give it a try?" Yeosang asks Yunho.

"Actually I'm-"

"Aye~ look who's here? Yo boys, come see. If it isn't our favourite Kang."

The two spin around to see a group of boys approaching them, led by a gorgeous guy with dark blue hair. Yunho notices the way Yeosang form a sly grin when he saw them. It disappoints him that Yeosang has never mentioned having a friend outside school to him before. Yeosang repays their handshakes, capturing the blue-haired guy in a side hug.

"You went missing for weeks. Where'd you fly off to, huh? Got yourself a lady?"

"No lady whatsoever, Juyeon. I was busy teaching Yunho how to skate, he made a fine progress in a short span of time." Yeosang answers, mentioning his name. Yunho's stern look fades, feeling a little self-impressed.

"Ahh, I see a lot from this Yunho you were talking about." Juyeon simpers and walks towards the guy two inches taller than him, sticking his hand out. "Lee Juyeon. Just another hottie Yeosang uses for clout."

"Clout, my ass." Yeosang snorts.

"Jeong Yunho." The latter accepts his vague handshake. Juyeon steps back to Yeosang as he eyes Yunho head to toe, likely intrigued and suspicious about Yeosang's friend.

"Dude..." Juyeon tilts his head to whisper into Yeosang's ear. "Is he... Gay?"

The younger furrows his brows and turns to Juyeon a little for eye contact. Assuming Yunho didn't hear Juyeon's voice, Yeosang gestures to him a slight nod. Juyeon snickers and looks at Yunho again, who is crowded by several flirtatious girls. As obvious as it is, Yunho didn't seem to show any sign of attraction to the girls around him.

"Won't your girlfriend be jealous, Yunho?" Juyeon says out of the blue. "Don't be shy, give 'em your number. We can set you up on a blind date if you wanna ditch her."

Yunho quirks a brow and looks at the girls in displease. He waves his hands and walks away from being the centre of attention. "I don't have a girlfriend, nor do I want one."

Juyeon exerts a loud gleeful laugh. "My, my. A fine guy who chooses to be solitary isn't a fine sight at all. Likewise, Yeosang?"

"I enjoy being single. I don't seem to find a problem with it." Yeosang scoffs.

"Do you, Yunho?" Juyeon glances at the taller.

"Do I what?"

"Do you like being single?"

Carelessly locking his eyes with Yeosang's, Yunho stuffs his hands in his pockets and takes a step closer, shaking his head. "You weren't wrong, Juyeon, a fine solitary guy isn't a fine thing to see at all."

Yeosang swears he heard his heart skip a beat for a swift millisecond, throbbing in his chest. He wasn't anticipating Yunho to be so blatant of his words. Apprehensive of his subtle feelings he contemplates, Yeosang pretends as if Yunho's statement matter nothing to him.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Please vote if you haven't<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 6K 40
From childhood best friends to high school enemies, but one detention later, you become friends with benefits. π‘Œπ‘ˆπ‘π»π‘‚π‘₯𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝐸𝑅 ATEEZ high s...
6.2K 185 20
Mingi was a normal student with a normal life. He has a beautiful girlfriend .. And lot of people say that they are like soulmates.... They love each...
41.6K 1.8K 37
One night Hongjoong save Seonghwa from robbers. Now Seonghwa is helplessly falling in love with Hongjoong and everyone can see it except for him. Ho...
17K 1.2K 27
πŸŽ–2021 May | no.2 in #yungi πŸŽ–2021 May | no.1 in #yunho , #mingi - "One moment you're smiling and the next you're swearing at me. Do you have any ide...