Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

Mystery Woman

2.8K 120 62
By book-lover4ever

You bitches are so lucky. Here you go. Here is another chapter. I'm going on vacation next week so I might not be able to upload chapters for that week. So, I wanted to give a few this week. This might be my last update until I come back from vacation. 

I know that you enjoyed my last chapter and are all excited that Red is back. However, don't be too sure about that. Things might get confusing when you read this one. 

Anyway, happy reading and remember I love you guys and this book would not be possible without all of your support. You guys are all my inspiration and my muse. 

************

Killian's P.O.V

The ringing of my phone woke me. I turned to answer it, and the woman beside me stirred. I looked at her and smiled. When morning came, I'd have to let her go. I knew that it was for the best, at least until I found out what the f**k was really going on. However, it still broke a piece of me to let her go back to Richard.

I was going to kill him; it was already a fact. However, how much torture he was going to get depends on if he touched my wife.

The phone rang again, and I retrieved it.

"Hello?"

"Hi dad, I didn't want to wake you. I know you're normally at the club, you know...thinking about mum. But some guy just called and left a strange message on the answering machine. He said that he has something that he thinks you'd be very interested in, and he's on his way to the house right now to show it to you."

Without waiting for her to finish, I was already out of the bed and getting dress. No one but family and very close friends knew where I lived and none of them would call the house phone to get to me, and even few would show up at my house after three in the morning.

"Stay inside, Freya. Don't open the gate to anyone and stay away from the windows. Better yet, wake Rosey and take her to the panic room. Don't open the door until you hear my voice, okay?"

She complied, "Okay. But what's going on dad, you're scaring me."

I heard the fear in her voice, but I also heard her hurriedly moving about. I didn't want to frighten her, but I didn't want her or Rosey in danger.

"Don't be scared sweetheart, just take Rosey and wait for me. I'll explain everything when I get there."

I hang up. I turned to the bed and my baby was already up and looking at me with worry in her eyes.

"Is everything alright, Killian?"

I walked over to her and sat on the bed. "I didn't mean to wake you, baby. Someone I don't know is on their way over to my house and my kids are home alone. I've gotta go check on them."

She flipped the covers off of her, ready to come out of the bed. I smiled but stopped her.

"No, don't. I can handle this. I'll call Mik and have him meet me there."

She frowned at me, "I'm an FBI agent, what if this person is some psycho and you need help detaining them?

I laughed. I loved that she was willing to be my backup, but I couldn't risk her being in danger, right when I got her back in my life.

"No one is more psycho than me, baby. Besides, if I don't like the look of them, I will kill them. I don't want to involve you and if everything goes south, you won't have to explain to the feds why you were at my place after three in the morning."

She was about to protest, but I kissed her lips to stop her. There was just no way I was risking her life.

"Be a good girl and wait until I return."

I cupped her face in my palms and looked into her eyes. "I promise I'll come back to you. Nothing and no one can ever keep me away from you again."

She smiled, "Okay, I'll wait. But if you don't call me in two hours, I'm coming over to check on you, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay."

Getting up, I grabbed my phone and my keys. I went over to the drawer beside her and pulled out a notepad and a pen. Scribbling down my address, I handed it to her. She looked at it and frowned.

"This is not the address we have on file for you."

I smiled at her. "I know. Consider yourself privileged, woman."

When I said that no one knew my address, I meant it. the house wasn't in my name or the name of anyone associated with me. So, there was no way the FBI could track it. Only a handful of people knew my real address.

I pulled her in my arms one more time. My hand touching her lower back, right where her tattoo used to be.

Pulling out of her embrace, I kissed her on the forehead, then looked into her eyes. She smiled at me.

"I love you, baby, do you hear me? I f**king love the shit out of you."

Her eyes widened in surprise. She looked completely taken aback. I knew she must be feeling confused, but I just couldn't explain to her the change in my behaviour. At least not yet.

Getting up from the bed I rushed from the room and out of the shop. I called Mik and he answered after a few rings. I told him what Freya told me and he promised to meet me there. I also called Levi and told him to get a few men ready and meet me at my house. I drove like a crazy f**king bat out of hell, hurrying to get home to my kids and the potential danger.

When I arrived, I parked my car just outside the gates. I wasn't going to risk going in and having someone ambushed me to get to my family. Mik pulled up about ten minutes after. He parked his car then got into mine.

"Do we know who this crazy f**ker is that is coming to your house to die?"

I laughed because Mik was thinking the same thing as me. If the person didn't provide a valid reason why I should let them live, they were going to die.

"No, he didn't leave his name or number, so I couldn't call him back to find out."

Mik grunted, "Smartass."

I chuckled, "I try."

Just up ahead a silver 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 pulled up and stopped right in front of me.

Mik whistled, "F**k, that's a sweet ride. If the f**ker has to die, I call dibs on the car."

I eyed him like the idiot he was. "What the f**k are we, twelve? My house, my car. Those are the rules, everyone knows this."

He returned my look. "There's no such rule. You just invented that f**king rule."

I laughed, "That's beside the point. Whether it was just invented or been around for decades, it's still a rule. Do you just disregard the rule just because it wasn't invented before you were born?"

He rolled her eyes and shook his head. "Whatever man, the car is yours. No point in me arguing with you about it. I might get a headache before I get the car."

I laughed again, "If the f**ker have to die, I'll play you for it."

Mik turned and smiled at me, "You're on. Now let's go and find out who this idiot is."

I nodded. Grabbing my phone, I called Levi and Lloyd. Letting them know that we were ready. Seconds after the car was surrounded by my men. The driver exited the car, with his hand raised. The back passenger window was rolled down. My men inspected the car, but the person at the back didn't come out.

Levi called me. "Boss, it's just this one guy and a woman, I think?"

I frowned, "You think, or you know?"

He corrected himself, "It's definitely a woman. I can't see her clearly because her hair is covering her face and she is wearing glasses. She says she's not exiting the car until you get here."

Mik and I looked at each other curiously. "Well, better not keep the lady waiting."

"She could have a bomb strapped to her and just waiting to blow your stupid ass up." Mik countered.

I laughed as we exited the car, "At least I'll die with my best friend."

Mik snorted, "What the f**k gave you the impression that I wanted to die with you? Just because we weren't born together, doesn't mean we should die together."

I continued chuckling as we approached the car. Mik already had his gun in his hand, ready to shoot at anything that looked funny.

The driver of the car approached me before I could get to the passenger side. Mik aimed his gun at him.

"Make one wrong move, and it's lights out for you, motherf**ker."

His eyes widened, and he swallowed but nodded his head vigorously. I wanted to laugh because I could tell the sad bastard didn't know what he'd gotten himself into.

"Look, I'm just the messenger. I was asked to bring the lady to you. All I was told is that she's a gift that you'd appreciate. The person who hired me said I should tell you that she's been caring for her for five years and thought that it was time she returned what is yours. And when the time comes, she expects you to offer her the same courtesy."

All of what he said confused me because I didn't know what the f**k he was talking about. What woman was he returning, and which woman I now had in my dept?

"Okay, I'll play along. Who is this mystery woman?"

The man walked over to the car and opened the passenger's side door. He offered the woman his hand and she took it, getting out. When she turned to look at me, my heart drop. She removed her glasses and smiled at me.

I heard Mik swore next to me. Confusion filled me and for a second, I was swamped with dread.

"Red?" I called.

"Killian." She whispered softly. She ran and threw herself in my arms. I caught her. However, the moment I touched her I knew she wasn't my wife.

I looked down at the woman embracing me, wondering, who the f**k was this woman? She couldn't be my wife; I knew Lilly's touch. I felt nothing as she embraced me. I started wondering if I'd finally lost my mind, or if I've gotten used to another woman's touch that I completely forgot what Red's touch felt like.

Did I get it wrong? Was what Mik said the truth? Did I completely project my need for Red onto another woman, that I could no longer recognise my wife?

Feeling completely out of it, I gently pushed her away from me. I stared at her face. If I had to go on her face alone, then she was definitely Lilly. Same blue eyes, exact colour down to the little dots scattered around her pupils. The freckles on her nose sat like an arrow the same way Lilly's did.

She smiled at me, and I felt the force of it pushing me back. Mik put his hand on my shoulders to steady me. Her smile was just like Lilly's. F**k, even her teeth were slightly crooked, just like my wife.

I shook my head, blinking a few times. "I need a minute. I need a long f**king minute."

She looked from Mik to me, unsure, but nodded her head. I walked back to my car and got in. Mik followed me.

"F**k, man. Are you, okay, I know I wouldn't be? We saw her fell into the river, right? We saw her body as it came out of the river, saw the tattoo, saw her ring. So, tell me, how the f**k is she alive and where the f**k has she been for five God damn years?"

he turned to me again, continuously running his hand through his hair. "Are you okay, because I'm definitely not okay?"

"She's not my wife, Mik."

Even as I said the words, I wasn't so convinced anymore. Mik gave me a double-take. I know I sounded like I was in shock, and maybe I was, but I was still finding it hard to accept that she was Red.

"What the f**k do you mean, Killian? Look at her! She's not an image of Lilly, she's Lilly. Look, I understand you're in shock and probably confused as hell, but you definitely can't deny that that woman standing there is not Lilly."

I looked at her. She was talking to Levi and the others. Even the way she moved was like Lilly, but I still felt nothing when I looked at her.

"I'm telling you Mik, I know Lilly. I've obsessed over the woman for years. Loved her for most of my life. That woman standing there is not my wife."

Mik looked at me with pity and it pissed me off, but I wasn't in a position to refuse it.

"Is this because of that FBI chick?"

I didn't answer and he swore. "You're completely f**ked, man. You might not know this, but you have always obsessed over something that you want until you find something else to obsess over. You were the same way with Natasha. Have you ever wondered why she became the crazy bitch that she was? She was your obsession until she stopped being it and you completely lost all interest in her. Lilly was your longest ever obsession."

I shook my head, he was wrong. I did not only obsess over Red, but I also loved her. She was one woman that I knew I'd never grew tired of.

"I love her Mik. My life has been f**king hell since I saw her fall into that river. You think I wouldn't welcome her back into my life. Even if I had started a relationship with another woman, I would have ended it in an instant if that woman standing there was my wife, but she is not."

She started walking towards the car and I grabbed my gun. Mik saw me and put his hand on mine, stopping me from raising it.

"What the f**k are you going to do with that?"

I frowned at him, "Put a bullet in her head for impersonating my wife."

he looked at me like I've finally gone mad. "Are you f**king crazy? What if she is your wife? Can you honestly say with all surety that she is not Lilly? Are you one hundred per cent sure that there is not a remote chance that she could be Lilly?"

I paused. Closing my eyes, I let out a breath. I wasn't a hundred per cent sure, I was more like ninety per cent.

"Fine. But get her the f**k away from me and my Kids. I don't want her anywhere near my family until I'm a hundred per cent sure of who she is."

Mik exited the car as she approached, mumbling about always having to clean up my shit when I didn't want to. As he talked to her, I grabbed my phone and called the woman who I actually believed was my wife.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Did I wake you?" I asked, feeling myself calm down at the sound of her voice.

"No, you didn't. I was too worried about you to sleep. Is everything okay?" I heard the concern in her voice.

I sighed, resting my head back on the headrest of the car. "It is, now that I've heard your voice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
9.2K 396 49
We were watching TV, my father and I, waiting for my mother to come down. We were going to go somewhere for my birthday but it was a surprise. I was...
6.7K 480 41
[This is the spin-off of the Fighting For life series. Can be read as a standalone. Though, things about Levi's family will make a little bit more se...
32.7K 2.7K 77
"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I was willing to take the risk. "I would do...