The Heart Specialist (A Medic...

By shru_du

Forrest Arthur Lyte, or as he calls himself the heart specialist, had known whereabouts of everyone's heart... More

Prologue
1!
2!
3!
4!
5!
6!
7!
8!
9!
10!
11!
12!
13!
14!
15!
16!
17!
18!
20!
21!
22!
23!
24!
25!
26!
27!
28!
29!
30!
31!
32!
33!
34!
35!
36!
37!
38!
39!
40!
41!
42!
43!
Epilogue

19!

417 21 0
By shru_du

Reva found herself in a hospital bed again. "four hours, that is the latest minimal record for you to be unconscious." She looked at Forrest's face. "My whole body hurts as if I was hit by something hard." He checked her charts. 

"You are lucky it is all that you can feel Miss Mathur. You were hit with a very deadly gas which could have paralyzed your lungs if I haven't found you when I did. As even in trace amount it can be disastrous if inhaled from a close range, which again somehow you managed to do Miss Mathur" He said angrily.

"I was trying to get back to the cabin after I checked in on the last patient. And then it happened" He was annoyed. "If you have stayed put then it wouldn't have happened. I am worried you know? With what happened to Christopher and Pia, I am afraid that someday I will wake up and you will not be here for me. You don't know baby, how much afraid it makes me, not to be able to see you the next day. You are my reason to live. Only you, Reva," He told her.

She touched his face. "You should not say such things, Mr. Lyte. If something does happen to me someday..." He pressed his lips against hers. "Don't, I am here right? I will not let us break apart. I want you more than anything in my life. I don't care if anything happens to anyone. If you are with me little birdie, there is nothing I cannot do, I cannot achieve." He kissed her forehead and picked her up in his arms. "Let's get you home." He said in a soft tone. "Home" She whispered nuzzling more into his chest.

His eyes opened seeing her first thing in the morning as he was doing for the past few months. He had become very much habituated with this. The fundraiser was in few days and it was in Paris. He was planning to take her out yet again and this time he will make her his fully. He cannot let anyone take her away. She placed her hand on his chest and looked into his eyes. "What are you thinking so hard about?" She asked. "You, and me. For some reason, you are the only thing that I can think about little birdie." She placed her head on his chest.

"So, you are being cheesy in the morning." He chuckled slowly moving his hands along her spine. "yes, I just love lying down with you like this. Holding you, running my hand along your soft skin. I can and I will hold you like this every single morning." She looked up at him. "How it will be when you have to work at night? You won't be home to do this" He ran his fingers along with her hair. "Are we playing the situation games now? I love it. I will just slip into bed just before you open your eyes." He said. "And what will you do?"

"I will pull you off the bed and make you drive me to the hospital. So, I can be with you always Forrest." She said touching his cheek. "Promise me, you will always be here with me, promise me you will never leave." "I promise you; I will always be with you. I will never ever leave you for anything or anyone." He slowly touched her lips tracing them. "Good, I am glad to hear that you are mine, little birdie." He touched her neck and down slowly tracing her nipples holding them onto his forefinger and thumb.

She moaned. "You like it when I play with you don't you Miss Mathur?" He asked rolling her buds more. "Yes, you do" he whispered placing his mouth on one rolling his tongue around it. She held his hairs pulling onto them. Forrest moaned too. Moving down and own till he reached where he desired to. "Give in to me and I will pleasure you all day." He said touching her warmth. But before he can do anything his phone rang. He groaned pulling away.

"Not again, can't I get few moments alone with my own girlfriend?" He muttered making her laugh. She pulled away but he held her body to his. "Lyte," He said still touching her. "Yes, it is good, divert my calls for the week to Christopher and include Miss Mathur too. We are going to Paris tonight." And he cut his call. "So where are we baby?" He asked. "Yes, I was about to kiss you, and we were about to make out." He said pushing her against the bed capturing her lips.

Later that day they decided to give a visit to Pia and her daughter Ahana. Reva wanted to meet them. She wanted to talk to Pia about her and Forrest's relationship. "Reva" Pia exclaimed and hugged her. "I missed you Pia, and then I knew about the accident. I was in a coma with that attack on me. I was so afraid all that time. And then I woke up and find you in front of me." Pia smiled. "But it wasn't me who sat there night after night wishing you could get up. Looks like someone cares for you a little too much." Reva saw Forrest who was playing with his niece.

"He is a good man, with a good heart," Reva admitted. "But I am sensing something else on your mind. What is it, Reva? Is something troubling you?" Pia was concerned about her. "It's nothing, just in three days, he is about to introduce me to his family. I am afraid if I make a fool of myself in front of them. What if I am not someone they want for their son?" What if she couldn't compete with his high-profile, beautiful girlfriend who is now in a coma? What if she loses him once he is awake? Her time with Forrest is ticking away. She has no idea what she can do to preserve it so that it can last longer.

"You are Reva Mathur, someone who had subdued even the infamous heart specialist. He fell for you Reva I can tell. I know him very well and I never ever seen him happier. You make him happy and I know he does the same for you. Nothing else should matter for both of you." Pia said holding Reva's hand. And Reva knew she can hold on to Pia's thoughts at least during her trip to Paris.

Forrest came towards the ladies who were engaged in conversation. "She is sleeping." He announced and both of them looked at him. "Thank you, Forrest, with Roy busy with my mother's treatment and I with the hospital, I hardly get time to bond with my daughter. And today when I am at home, I couldn't get her to sleep at all. Christopher is far better at that than me. And she is already becoming daddy's princess." Forrest looked at Reva. "I cannot see what is wrong with being someone's princess. I don't mind Reva being mine."

After lunch, they headed home. And Pia's words still are ringing in her head. They both make each other happy and that is the most important thing in their relationship. Something they shouldn't lose at all. "You are thinking so hard, it is alright. You need not think about anything. You just need to let me hold you as this" Forrest hugged her in his arms. "Are you planning on doing that for the rest of the time we are together?" She mumbled.

"You mean the rest of our lives? Yes, little birdie. Yes, I am going to hold you like this" he whispered. "So, Paris again?" She asked. "Yes, my family decided to hold the fundraiser there and last time I wasn't there with you. So, I want to spend my time with you. Alone, just you and me. I want to know you better." He expressed his wish as they drove towards the airport and the sun begin to set on the horizon. "We have few hours for just you and me. So, what are you planning on doing all that time?" He asked, parking the car in front of the airplane.

It had written Woodlands in bold black and silver lettering. The aircraft was a beauty. "Curtsy of Christopher Royce Woodland." Reva was amused. "he managed to get another private jet?" She asked. "Boys and their toys, baby we love big giant things." She glanced away blushing. "I..." He laughed loudly. His laughter rang all over the place. "Are you embarrassed?" She said nothing. "You are so bad; you always do this. I am not going to talk to you" She stomped her foot and walked towards the jet. He followed her laughing.

Once inside the plane, he told the pilot to take off as soon as possible. They went through all the pre-flight checks and then he was told to buckle up. Forrest took the seat next to Reva. But she was not talking to him. "Come on honey, are we doing this all the way to Paris?" Forrest asked. "who says it is only for the journey?" She wrote on a pad and showed him. "Come on, don't do this to me, baby. You know how important you are to me." she huffed.

"Pretty please, with a cherry on top?" He said pleading. She didn't look at him. "So, it is like this yes? For the rest of the journey?" She didn't say anything. "Ok then, as you wish, it is like you want me to be alone. It is like I don't deserve your company. It is this, isn't it? I don't deserve your company." He said standing up and walked towards the small cabin and settled down on the couch. He was hurt. He was just joking with her. But he offended her. Maybe she is not open with him like she used to before.

"Did I do anything wrong revealing about my past to her? If I didn't tell her about Ange, would she have behaved the same? Cautious?" He shook his head. "Maybe not. She is insecure. She still thinks if Ange woke up then I am going to be with her. But these few days I am going to prove her my loyalty to. I am going to prove that I want her in my life. That my past doesn't matter, what matters is her and me and our present and our future. I have to make her realize that she is my present and she is the future I want." Someone knocked at the door. "Yes," He called loudly. "Do you need anything, sir?" He heard the flight attendant ask.

"Yes, I want my girlfriend in my arms." He thought. "Do you have any candies?" It was a strange request drowning himself in sweet sugary treats, but he cannot help himself. It was his bad habit. He doesn't drown himself in alcohol, he drowns himself in dextrose and then has the sugar rush. The knock came again. "Yes," He said not able to recognize his voice. "Are you asleep?" He heard the most wonderful voice. "No, but why do you care? And now you are talking?" He asked.

"Can I come in?" She asked timidly. "Yes, come in" And then he heard her footsteps coming inside. "I am so sorry." She whispered sitting down beside him. "I have hurt you, didn't I?" Forrest took her hand in his holding it. "No, I am sorry, I shouldn't have one that, you are sensitive and I should have respected that. It was my fault Reva, not yours." Forrest said. "But it is my fault. I fought with you without any reason, and I made you feel as if I have abandoned you. I shouldn't have done that." She said looking at him timidly.

He sat down in front of her. "Look at me little birdie," He said. She looked up into his eyes. "You can fight with me for no reason, you can annoy me, you can get angry and mad at me. I will never mind until you don't leave me alone. I am already addicted to you and I cannot imagine my life where I don't have you. I do not want to." He said like a small child placing his head on her lap. "I am not prepared to lose you." She stroked his hair. "I am sorry I made you feel that way, Forrest. I will never make you feel like this ever again. I promise. I will be here with you. Always I will be with you" He looked up and wiped the tears off her eyes.

"Don't cry, I am sorry to I promise I will never make fun of you like that again." He said holding his thumb on her cheek still looking at her very much intently. "So, no pranks then?" She asked. "Not at the moment, I cannot think of anything with my brilliant brain of mine. They need time to recharge and plan the elaborate ideas so I don't get caught." She hit him hard on the chest. "Ouch, you are hurting me. I am made of Ninety-nine percent of soft tissues." He complained.

"There is nothing in there that is soft Mr." Reva said hitting him again. He flipped her and pinned her to the couch. "Are you sure about that?" She nodded "Definitely Mr. Lyte, now let me go." He didn't let go of her. "Are you sure nothing is soft inside me? My certain organ is soft enough and yet when the blood is pumped into that...." "Forrest, stop don't you dare complete that sentence." He chuckled.

"I was talking about my heart; it is cushioned by soft tissues yet sturdier enough to pump the blood all around my body. You have a one-track mind when it comes to me admit it Little Birdie, you want me more than I want you. Because certain someone told me that you used to go crazy hearing my name. Just the name did it for you." "Pia, I told her not to say anything to you and boost your ego" Forrest chuckled.

 "It wasn't Pia at all. Who knew the defense walls someday come and open their own four-chambered beautiful organ to let out all your secrets." He told her. "So then, where are we? Yes, I was giving you a lesson in human anatomy. Let's begin then little Birdie. It is going to be a long, long class" and he slowly kissed her. 

Word Count: 2448 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983 11 29
Mature content !!!!!!! 18+ A handsome workaholic business man crashed with a beautiful independent working women . Revan supposed to protect th...
906 104 11
How do you get someone to reciprocate your love if they're already dead? You can't... unless you've got a friend with a time machine. Etho is diagno...
3.2M 60.6K 84
HEA ✔ no OWD/cheating 7 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 7 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 7 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧...