The Arrow - Oliver Queen

By mattmurdocks_eyes

Pretty much Thea makes a friend while her brothers away and this is her story and journey throughout the arro... More

Cast and A/N
New Cover/Edits
Pilot
Honor Thy Father
Lone Gunmen
An Innocent Man
Damaged
Legacies
Muse of Fire
Vendetta
Years End
Burned
Trust But Verify
Vertigo
The Odyssey
Dodger
Dead to Rights
The Huntress Returns
Unfinished Business
Home Invasion
The Undertaking
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Sacrifice
City of Heros
Identify
Broken Dolls
Crucible
League of Assassins
Break-Ups
Keep Your Enemies Closer
State v. Queen
New Story
The Scientist
Three Ghosts
Blast Radius
Blind Spot
Tremors
Heir to the Demon
Time of Death

Salvation

3.6K 87 5
By mattmurdocks_eyes

Sams POV

Felicity and I were sitting at our computers, Dig stood behind us, and Oliver worked out above us as we watched the news, "Lawyers for John Nickels spoke to the press today." The news person said. "They say they're pleased the DA declined to indict their client on charges stemming from the recent fires," I glance up at Oliver. "in one of Nickel's buildings."

"John Nickel is one of the wealthiest real estate developers in Starling City." Oliver tells us as he does pull ups. "He's also one the dirtiest. That building that burnt down last night? Wiring was not up to code."

"Maybe he didn't know that." I offer an optimistic side.

"I guess he also didn't know about the seven people who have frozen to death in his other buildings over the past three years." Oliver says letting go of one arm to look at me.

"Yeah, he's a real man of the people." Dig says sarcastically.

Oliver jumps down before turning to us as he says, "Not for long. The DA ignores this, and the police can't do anything because all these slums are in the Glades." He picks up the notebook off the table next to me. "So tonight, Sam, we cross Mr. Nickel's name off the list." He hands me the notebook. "You okay with that?"

We then hear the news again making us turn to it, "The scene outside of the courtroom where Nickel was released this afternoon was not surprisingly tense."

"One hundred percent." I say as Felicity and I glance at each other.

"You sure you're up for this?" She asks me after Dig and Oliver walk away.

"Yeah." I say but she still looks at me unconvinced. "I'm good Lic."

We were in the Arrowcave after Oliver attempted to talk to Nickel, only to find his home empty. "What? He was just gone?" Felicity asks.

"No!" Oliver says. "Not gone. Taken."

"Looks like Nickel was on somebody else's list too." Dig comments.

"After the fire last night, it's not entirely surprising." I say.

"Sam, Felicity, I need you two to get me everything that you can on Nickel." Oliver tells us. "Focus on his tenants, and anyone who might have filed a formal complaint against him or... people that lost something in the fire."

"Well, it's going to be some list, I mean, slum lords, aren't generally known for their popularity, plus..." I trail off.

"What?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing, its just... you went over there to be all 'Grrr, stop being bad, or I'll arrow you' and now you want to rescue him."

"I don't like the idea that somebody dangerous is out there."

"Like Helena?"

He sighs, "Somebody else. Because typically..." He walks over to where I had been sitting. "...they don't show my level of restraint."

"So, you're going to cross Nickel off anyway?" Dig asks.

"No. I'm finding somebody else who needs a talking to." Oliver says walking over to the notebook.

"Wait. Wait. You're going out there again, Oliver?" Dig asks walking over to him. "Why don't you go home and be with your family, man?"

"That's when the work is done, Diggle."

"Okay, then I'll take you out to dinner."

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm not asking."

Before they leave, I yawn catching Felicity's attention, "Did you sleep okay last night?" She asks concerned catching Dig and Oliver's attention.

"Yeah, I slept fine." I say as they all look at each other not believing me. "Guys, I slept fine, okay? I'm good." I tell them before turning to Felicity. "Let's get to work."

Felicity and I were working on the Arrowcave still when we saw the video of Nickel. Oliver called me and I answered, "Track him, Sam." He said when I answered.

"We're looking." I say as Felicity and I start tracking him. When the guy shot Nickel I jumped as Felicity and I shared a glance.

When Oliver returned he asked walking up to us, "Anything new?"

"This guy's definitely got more than a subscription to 'Wired.'" Felicity comments.

"His websites protected by some very serious encryption." I explain.

"Well. Use the air magnet thing." Oliver says. "You two said that it could trace-"

"Oliver!" I interrupt making him look at me. "No offense. Do we tell you how to sharpen your arrows?"

"Spoke to my friend at the NSA." Dig says as he walks in. "The website code matches a cyber crusader who's been on their radar. He hacks into fringe sites under the user name The Savior. NSA believes he's a former resident of the Glades."

"Former?" Oliver asks.

"Yeah." Dig responds. "Well, a year ago, he hacked himself right off the radar. He erased all traces of his existence."

"So what happened a year ago?" Felicity asks as we continue to work. Before the guy was back with another video.

"Sam, Felicity." Oliver says.

"On it." We say as we start looking for him.

"Emma Falk." Oliver reads after we pull it up. "Grieving husband is Joseph Falk. What do we have on him?"

"Not much." I say. "Forty two, former city worker."

"Department of transportation computer technician left his job when she was killed." Felicity explains.

"One year ago today." I finish.

"No current phone. No correct address." Dig says.

"Come on." Oliver says as he leans down next to me to look at our faces.

"We're trying to get a lock on his wireless signal." I explain as he leans but up.

"Got him!" We say.

"Shit it down." Oliver says.

"Can't. He has a firewall protecting his wireless signal." Felicity explains.

"But he's working off an IPX located at 23rd and Mira." I tell him as Oliver runs off.

"You're gonna hood up?" Dig asks him.

"It's the middle of the day!" Oliver shouts back running up the stairs. "Hows Carnahan?" Oliver asks through the phone.

"Not making a very persuasive argument." Felicity says.

"I'm almost there." Oliver tells us.

"See anything?" I ask.

"I'm only on the first floor." He responds.

"Just six more to go." I tell him. "Oliver, hurry."

"Cant find him!" Oliver shouts. "He's not here, guys!"

"What?" We both ask confused.

"I searched every office on every floor!" He yells. "He's not here. Is this the right place? Are you two sure?"

"Yeah, we..." I start before the tracker jumps to a different spot.

"Oh, crap." We both say seeing the screen.

"What?" Oliver asks.

"How is this possible?" Felicity asks confused.

"This can't happen! He's..." I say trailing off.

"Talk to me!" Oliver shouts.

"Wait. He moved. Just north of you." Felicity informs him.

"Ocean and Grand." I tell him.

"Oh my way!" He shouts. As we continued to watch the video, we became progressively more worried.

"I'm at Ocean and Grand, Sam." Oliver informs us. "That's just a vacant lot."

"How so this possible?" I ask confused.

"This can't happen, he's-" Felicity starts before being cut off by the gun shot on the screen. Joseph just shot Carnahan.

"Find the right address now!" Oliver shouts. Felicity and I share a glance before we both get up and walk away from our computers.

I had asked Felicity and Dig to leave me alone, but to call if anything happened. When Oliver came down stairs and saw just me he asked, "Where's Diggle? And Felicity?"

"I asked them to leave me alone." I explain looking down. "In my loud voice."

"This wasn't your fault." He tells me.

"Felicity and I were the ones who were supposed to find Carnahan and I was the one who sent you that bogus location." I explain. "I've never had to watch someone die like that on my own computer."

"Hey this is the thing with what we do." He explains softly. "Sometimes we lose."

"Maybe it is better being alone. I'm not seeing anyone currently, but... if I were, I don't know how I'd tell him about today." I say. Oliver then takes the pen I had been fiddling with out of my hands.

"It's going to be okay."  He says. "We are gonna get him. And we are gonna get Helena."

"Okay." I say softly nodding.

Later we find out that Roy, Theas boyfriend, was taken by Joseph.

Oliver walked down the stairs, "Anything?" He asks walking up to us.

"We've been going through all the video we got trying to see if there's anything that'll tell us where this guy is." Felicity explains.

"We got nothing, except a sound." I tell them. "Buried in the ambient noise. Almost rhythmic. Here, we've isolated it." I play the sound.

"What is that?" Oliver asks. "Sounds like a car driving over lane markers."

"Yes, but bigger than a car." Felicity says.

"Bigger than a car. What, a bus?" Oliver guesses.

"I know this" Dig says. "I know it."

"Come on! Guys!" Oliver says.

"Smoak-Amor, show me a map." Dig tells us. "Sights of the abductions on where we've seen the signal so far." We do what he says. "Right. Right there, right there." He points to the screen. "23rd and Mira. Locksley and Adams. Wells Street down by CNRI. Those are all subway stops!"

"Starling City doesn't have a subway." Oliver says.

"No, but they used to, when I was a kid my dad used to take me down to the Rockets game, by subway. For 14 minutes, I'd lean against the window feeling the rhythm of the train moving."

"That's how he did it." Felicity and I say.

"He was at 23rd and Mira, but he was underground." I explain looking at Oliver. "He used to work for the Department of Transportation."

"So that how he knows all the old subway stops." Felicity says. "That's why we couldn't trace the signal."

"He was moving." I finish. "He was in a subway car."

"Where is he now?" Oliver asks walking away.

"He's on the old cross town line." Felicity tells him.

"If he continues on this route, he'll be at the Spring Street stop in 15 minutes." I inform Oliver. We were watching the video as Roy tells Joseph to kill him. Before they're interrupted and the feed is lost.

Oliver end up saving Roy in the end. He came down to the Arrowcave not too long after.

"Theas friend is upstairs." Dig says from behind Felicity and I.

"I saw." Oliver responds.

"You probably saw that they were very happy to see each other." I say as Felicity and I turn our chairs to face them. "If you know what I mean. Which you probably don't want to talk about because she's your baby sister." Felicity turns my seat back around as she turns hers too, saving me from saying anything else.

"You okay?" Dig asks Oliver.

"I'm getting there." He responds. "Thank you." He then walks over beside me. "Psst. By the way, if you ever need to tell someone about you day... you can tell me." He squeezes my shoulder.

"Thanks." I whisper before he looks at my screen.

"What's that?" He asks.

"I pulled it up." Felicity says. "It's an old map of a decommissioned subway line."

"Runs underneath the low rent district of the city." Dig explains. Oliver opens the notebook.

"I've seen that map before." He says putting the notebook down between Felicity and I. As we pick it up and glance between the two, Oliver says, "It was right in front of our faces the entire time. My father, the other archer, the undertaking, whatever the plan is." Felicity hands Dig the notebook. "It's all connected to the Glades."

"Hey." Felicity says nudging me before pointing around the center of the map. "Isn't you house right in the middle of this?" She asks making us all look at the map.

"Yeah." I say taking a deep breath. "Yeah, it is."

A/N I hope y'all like!! I've been writing on my phone more so it might look a little different still sorry!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833 77 46
Thea Queen(y/n) and Barry Allen discover they are speedsters and use their powers to help save the world from metas. While doing this Thea discovers...
409K 3.9K 79
Cute/ Drama/ Romance/ Love/ Smut *Requests are closed*
83.6K 1.1K 35
A collection of unedited oneshots centered around Barry Allen. Brewing Flair Awards - 1st Place Fanfiction All works are mine. Do not copy and paste...
28K 466 42
Story starts at the beginning of season 1. First chapter has the info about the story.