Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

Confused Heart

2.1K 104 40
By book-lover4ever

Hello my precious, how are you all doing? I'm here with another chapter. It's nothing much, there's no action in it, but I promise it is leading up to something good. The new few chapters should keep you guys on your toes. I'm currently working on two more chapters, so that should be up before or by the weekend. 

Remember, in the last chapter I said I wanted to do a giveaway? Well, I'm still working on it. However, I still don't know what would make a good prize would be. If you guys think of anything, please let me know.

Anyway, back to the chapter. I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

***************

Killian P.O.V

I watched her as she dragged the jeans up over her well-shaped hips, jumping a little so that she could get her ass into it. She pulled the zip up and buttoned it into place. Reaching for the white top that was discarded on the floor, she dragged that on as well.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

The question was muffled from the hair tie she had between her teeth as she skilfully swept all of her hair into a sleek ponytail.

"I'm thinking of excuses to have you naked in my bed for longer."

She laughed. The sound was so soft and so familiar. She picked her gun up and holstered it on her waist. Her FBI badge was clipped in place next to the gun. She was on duty when I called her and told her that I wanted to see her. I told her that I'd be at the flower shop all day, and she was free to come when her shift ended. However, when she turned up an hour after our phone call, I was surprised.

This was our second time sleeping together. Since our first night at the club, we've only been conversing over the phone. We did arrange to meet up a few times, but circumstances prohibited us from doing so. Apart from my wife, I've never enjoyed having long conversations with any woman. But somehow, I found myself wanting to hear her voice and enjoying it when she laughs.

She talked a lot about her children and her job as an FBI, but she was always cautious to mention her husband. I haven't found out anything useful about the feds' plans regarding my operation, but I knew that it wouldn't take much to get her talking.

"The triplets are with their grandmother tonight. If you want, I can come back after my shift and spend the night?"

She bit her lips, looking unsure. For a confident woman, she seemed very insecure and fragile at times. I guess, having a husband like Richard could make someone as confident and as bold as she was, doubt themselves.

"Won't your 'husband' have something to say about that?"

I knew she heard the sarcasm in my voice, but she ignored it. My behaviour towards her confused me, but I found that I couldn't help myself.

Easing myself out of the bed, I got up and got dress too. Her eyes had a teasing twinkle as she looked at me. I watched her bite the corner of her lips seductively and I chuckled.

"Sure, you can take the spare key and let yourself in whenever you want. Whether it be my home or my bed, you are always welcome."

Her eyes lit up with a smile. I stared at her in awe. She was stunning, and her similarity to Red was still something I was trying to come to terms with.

I was sure that she had some connection to my wife. In fact, I was positive there was one. I was still waiting for Mik to get back to me with information from Red's brothers. However, what I was going to do with that information, was something I still hadn't figured out.

"Are you trying to start a relationship with me Killian, or are you trying to f**k me?"

Walking over to her, I put my arms around her, pulling her flat against my chest. She was still biting her lips as she gazed into my eyes, and like before, my heart skipped a beat.

"Can't I do both?"

She was about to answer but her phone rang. Fishing it out of her jacket pocket, she answered it. She moved out of my embrace, but her eyes were on me as she spoke.

"Agent Malcroft."

I watched her, wondering what game she was playing. I knew that she wanted something from me, but I wasn't sure if it was personal, or work-related. However, my gut was telling me that it was personal.

My contact in the FBI couldn't tell me much about her, because apparently, her file is kept under tight security. That sent off alarm bells in my head, and I knew that I had to find out what was so special about her, that the FBI would keep her details hidden.

I left the task up to Levi, and from what I read, there wasn't anything particularly special. However, it was far more than my contact at the FBI could dig up. I wasn't sure how Levi got his information, and I knew better than to ask. Some things are just not worth knowing.

There was something mysterious about her, and I intended to find out exactly what it was.

"When will this be happening?"

She scrunched up her beautiful face into a frown. I watched as her movement got hurried. Whatever the person on the other end of the phone was telling her must be urgent.

"Who is it this time? I wasn't made aware of anything taking place today."

She grabbed her keys that were left on the couch. The frown on her face deepened. She didn't look too happy with the information she was getting.

"Why can't you tell me? You're asking me to be part of a team that I have no information on. You're sending me in blind?"

She pulled her hair free of the ponytail and ran her fingers through it. I stared at her with a smile. It was just a simple act, but she looked hot as f**k standing there looking frustrated.

"Yes, I got it. I'll be there in fifteen. No, I don't need to talk to Richard."

Her eyes widened, "No, Haley, don't put Richard on the phone! I don't― Hello Richard."

She froze. Her eyes filled with fear and her free hand squeezed the keys that she was still holding. Her knuckles got ghostly white. It pissed me off that at the sound of the bastard's voice, she lost all of her confidence.

I found myself moving over to her. Her eyes widened as I approached, and she shook her head, telling me to stay back.

I grabbed the phone from her, putting it on speaker. She tried to take it from me, but I held it out of her reach. With my other hand, I freed the keys from her grip.

She looked at me with a mixture of confusion and fear. I smiled, tilting her head up then kissed her lips. She did not protest but instead leaned into me. Her head rested on my chest, just above my heart. I felt as she sighed deeply, then both her arms were around my waist, holding me tightly.

"Where the f**k are you, Lacey? What the f**k are you doing and who are you doing it with?"

The bastard didn't sound concerned in the least. He sounded pissed that she was somewhere that he didn't know. She felt small and fragile in my arms, and I felt the strongest urge to protect her. That shocked and surprised me because I've never wanted to protect any woman apart from Lilly.

However, what surprised me even more, was how right she felt in my arms. My soul was telling me that she was right where she belonged.

Richard kept talking and shouting down the phone. With every raise of his voice, she squeezed me tighter. Rage boiled inside of me, and I clenched her phone in my fist. I wanted to kill the bastard for putting that much fear into her. Because I didn't trust myself to be quiet, I ended the call and turned her phone off.

She turned her head to look up at me. Her big beautiful brown eyes that were so much like my wife was filled with tears. I saw the tiredness and the pleading in her gaze, and that's when it struck me. She came to me because she wanted my protection. She wanted me to take her away from her abusive husband.

"Be mine and I can make it all go away."

Her eyes lit up just for a moment, but then it was filled with uncertainty. She looked away from me then back again, her eyes searching.

Stepping back, she untangled herself from my embrace. Without saying a word, she took the phone and keys from me, slipping them into her pocket.

"I've got to go. Richard will not take too kindly to being hung up on."

She turned and walked to the bedroom door, but I captured her hand. Stopping her from taking another step.

"Answer me."

I don't know why I was pushing it, but I just couldn't seem to stop myself. I just knew that if I didn't protect her, I'd regret it for the rest of my life.

She sighed then turned to smile sadly at me. "I can't."

Moving closer, she touched my face with her hand. A lone tear felling from her eyes that were filled with regret.

"I want to be selfish. I had every intention of being selfish, but my heart won't allow it. You can get hurt Killian. Richard is not an easy opponent; he would kill you and the FBI would commend him for it."

I shook my head, ready to tell her that I wasn't that easy to kill, but she placed a finger on my lips, silencing me.

"I won't put your life in danger just to save mine."

With that, she turned and left the room. I stood there for a while wondering what the f**k just happened. I should be relieved that she didn't want my protection. If I knew what was good for me, I would have gotten the information I needed from her and send her packing. Instead, I felt even angrier and pissed off with Richard for making her feel like her life is not worth fighting for.

My phone rang, bringing me out of my thoughts. I didn't want to answer it, but when I saw who was calling me, I picked up.

"This better be good news."

Levi swore then answer, "Sorry boss. I think we've got a snitch in our mix. I don't know how true it is, but I just heard that the Palace is being watched. We should move everything over to the farm."

I swore. The Palace was the warehouse that we stored most of our armouries. The farm was a smaller warehouse that was located in a secluded area that looked much like a farm, hence the name.

"Can the men do the move without being seen? If it's too risky, just burn the f**ker to the ground."

I wanted to make sure that my men weren't caught in the process. It's not like I think they will talk if they were caught, because I didn't. I was more concerned with them having to leave their families.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it, boss. We just need the okay from you."

I sighed, "Then go ahead. I'll ask Mik to meet me there."

"Sure thing, boss."

He hung up, and I wondered who amongst us had a death wish. I was pissed off, but I smiled. Moments ago, I wanted to kill someone, now it looked like I'll get the chance. It might not be the prey I was after, but I was going to enjoy the kill, nonetheless. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.2K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...
949K 29.8K 67
"Let's get one thing straight, Red, once a deal is made with me there is no backing out. there's no loophole, no back door, no side gate, nothin...
1.3M 13.1K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
6.7K 480 41
[This is the spin-off of the Fighting For life series. Can be read as a standalone. Though, things about Levi's family will make a little bit more se...