Paradis's Hammer (attack on...

By serasio

this is the story about (y/n) a eldian kid which his luck faded away every day More

Before we start
living as an eldian
Wrongly judged
A New Beginning
The fall of Shiganshina
The Cadets
The First Year
The Second Year
The Third Year
The attack on Trost
Mission To Recapture Trost
The Trial
The Scouts
Hanji's experiments
Days before the expedition
The Day Before The Expedition
The 57th Expedition
Betrayal
Crystal Dreams
Eren's dream
The aftermath
The Beast and his Titans
The Beast and his Titans PT.2
Traitor
Old memories
Trust
Answers and trouble
Frieda's decision
Fight in the cave
Choose
The new queen of the Walls
On my own
The last search
(The Beginning of the End pt.2) The end

The beginning of the end

3.3K 87 26
By serasio

Narrator p.o.v

(y/n) rethought his options again and again, until he finally made a decision, a decision that he already regretted and forever will. 

(y/n): I'm... I'm sorry Lara, b-but I have to protect Frieda. 

Lara: I... I understand...

He weakly stood up, lightning bolts coming out of his body and his eyes emitting dim light, until he felt sharp pains in his body, and fell, barely awake, the last thing he saw before passing out was a bright light.

He then felt himself lying on a sandy floor, but he was back in the real world in an instant, but he was now laying on a bed, in a room he didn't recognize.

(y/n) p.o.v

I woke up in a room I didn't recognize, my head still spinning from what happened in the cave... wait... What happened at the end?! 

(y/n): Lara?... Lara?!

...

... but I got no response... 

I stayed in bed for a while, thinking about if the decision I made was the right one, it's not like it was important since I didn't do anything in the end. I got out of bed but a strong headache made me lay back down, that is when I noticed strange circle marks on parts of my body, they were like bruises but I don't remember getting them, and bruises would usually disappear quickly. I stayed in the bed for a while until the pain was gone, and when it was, I stood up again and examined the room, it was very quiet except for the very squeaky floor, I'm guessing it was because it was an old house since it looked like it. I kept looking until the sound of the door opening caught my attention, I saw Hanji and Oluo standing outside the room.

Hanji: Oh, (y/n) you're awake, you've been asleep for quite a while, get changed and come downstairs to eat, then you can tell us everything that happened to you back in the cave.

(y/n): O-okay.

They closed the door and I guessed they left because I didn't hear their footsteps.

I looked around for my clothes and found them on a table next to the bed, but my shirt had holes in the same place I had my marks... weird. I'm guessing they were from overusing my powers or my pillar breaking from Kenny's shot. I put them on and headed downstairs, I'm wondering how I didn't hear them come to the door or leave, the floor makes so much noise.

When I got down I saw them sitting at a wooden table, with a plate on it, with (f/f)

Hanji: Take a seat and eat your food, I bet what happened to you in the cave was intense. Tell me all about it! 

She exclaimed excitedly.

(y/n): o-ok. 

I didn't really want to talk about it... mostly because of what happened in the end... I still don't know if Lara doesn't want to talk to me because of my decision... or... or if she really is gone...

I sat down and began eating, I took a bite and it was delicious, and I think Hanji noticed, but I didn't mind as I devoured the food.

Hanji: It really is your favorite food, huh?

(y/n): yeah... Wait, how did you know? I never told you guys.

Hanji: a little bird told me.

(y/n): ...right...

I continued eating but something felt weird. Why were Hanji and Oluo here, but not the others? Besides that Oluo hasn't said a word. My thoughts were interrupted by something that sounded like an object being dragged in the grass, I looked out of the window, in the distance I spotted a small silhouette of a person that was dragging some sort of thing, since It was kinda far away I couldn't see what it was, Hanji then moved my head out of the window.

Hanji: I-Ignore that.

She looked quite nervous, I didn't think much about it, but something seemed strange about that.

Hanji: S-so (y/n), why don't you go and keep resting, I bet that what happened to you was tiring, you can tell me everything later.

(y/n): B-but Hanji, What happened in the end? Did we win? what happened to Frieda?!

Hanji: R-right... Go r-rest, we'll tell you everything l-later.

(y/n): B-But-!

I felt something hit the back of my neck and lost consciousness.

Narrator p.o.v

(y/n) woke up once again, but this time, in a room he recognized, the jail in the dungeon, but it was a different one.

(y/n): (What? How? Was being with Hanji a dream or what? And why am I imprisoned again?!... I have to find Frieda!)

(y/n) tried to get out of the bed as quick as he could, but chains on his wrists stopped him, he tried to make hardening to break them, but as the light emitted from his eyes, no hardening appeared, only a strong headache like the one moments ago.

(y/n): (what's with all of the headaches?)

This time the headache went away quicker than before. He tried to create hardening again but got the same result, the light was emitting from his eyes, but no hardening appeared.

(y/n): What? Why isn't it working?

He tried and tried but nothing appeared, his eyes feeling weird due to the constant light and the many attempts to create the hardening, he was going to keep trying until he heard steps coming closer to his cell. The steps came to a halt when the person was in front of the bars of (y/n)'s cell, turns out it was Commander Erwin.

Erwin: Oh, (y/n), you're awake.

(y/n): C-commander Erwin? What are you doing here? And what am I doing here?

Erwin: I will explain later on, but now we require your help.

(y/n): What do you need me for?

Erwin: In the cave, another Titan appeared, we calculate that he's bigger than the Colossal, it is right now heading here, to Orvud.

(y/n): W-what?! A Titan, bigger than the Colossal?!

Erwin: Yes, now come with me, we'll need your powers along with Eren's.

(y/n): R-right.

Erwin opened the cell's door and (y/n) tried to stand up but he forgot about the chains, which yanked him to the bed again.

Erwin: Oh, right, sorry about that, I told them not to put them on you but they seem to have forgotten, my apologies.

(y/n): I-Its fine.

Erwin grabbed a key for the shackles on (y/n)'s wrists and unlocked them, he got up, standing next to Erwin, since it was the first time he stood next to him, he saw how tall he was. Erwin measuring 1.88 meters tall, and (y/n) 1.68.

Erwin: Let's go, we need to plan how to deal with the Titan as soon as possible, It'll arrive in a couple of hours.

(y/n): Right.

They began to walk outside the dungeon, (y/n) getting stares from the Soldiers there. They reached the Garrison headquarters at Orvud, where most of the Scouts were in, except for Hanji and Oluo, along with some Garrison soldiers, and the Captain of the garrison soldiers in Orvud Carsten.

Erwin: Now that we're all here, we can discuss the plan.

(y/n): All here? Where are Hanji and Oluo?

The question from (y/n) made some of the people inside look down in sadness, especiallyMoblit, and (y/n) noticed it.

(y/n): Is something wrong?

Petra: (y/n), they're... gone.

(y/n): Gone? What do you mean? I just talked to them some moments ago. Where did they go?

Eren: They're dead, (y/n)!

He said quite angrily.

(y/n): D-dead...? B-but-... Wh-a-?

Eren: It was Reiner and Berthodlt!... Those bastards...

(y/n): H-huh?

Mikasa was trying to calm Eren, he was angry since he learned that Hanji and Oluo were killed by blades, and found that those blades were Reiner's. (y/n) could only think of the talk they had moments ago in the old house, while he clenched his fists.

Erwin: Let's begin with the plan.

A Garrison soldier walked up to the front of the large table in the middle of the room, where a map was in, he was holding a piece of paper.

Garrison soldier: We've determined the location of the abnormal Titan, It's southwest, approaching Orvud. At this rate, it should reach Orvud District by dawn. 

Carston: Understood. Commander Erwin, we'd all like to hear what your plan is. How do you intend to evacuate the citizens in time? 

Erwin: We won't evacuate.

Carston: W-what?

Erwin: We'll have the citizens remain in Orvud District just as they are. 

Erwin's words caused some disconcert in the Garrison Soldiers.

Carston: Are you insane?

He grabbed Erwin by the jacket.

Carston: What the hell are you thinking, Erwin?! Keep the citizens in the city without evacuating?! By the time it's dawn, that Titan will be all over us! 

Moblit: That Titan is an abnormal one.

Carston: What does that even mean?!

Moblit: That means that the Titan will ignore small groups of people, and will be more attracted to higher concentrations of humans, so it will ignore smaller villages, in order to reach this fortified city. If we evacuate the citizens to wall Sina, it will follow, destroying the wall in the process, and finally, it would reach Mitras, with the greatest density of people, and deliver a devastating blow to humanity. 

Erwin: If we are to stop that Titan, we must do so outside the walls of Orvud District. For that to happen, we must have the citizens act as bait. However, this does not change the fact that our first duty as soldiers is to protect the citizens. Supposing we're unable to halt the target, we'll take measures so that not a single citizen is killed. We'll announce an emergency evacuation drill for Orvud District, so if that is needed, the citizens will be ready to evacuate at once.

Carston: It seems there is no other choice...

Erwin: The body of our target is the largest we've seen. As such it presents an easy target. Wall-mounted cannons should prove highly effective, but if that's not effective enough... The Scout regiment will throw everything we have at it.

He said while he looked at Eren and (y/n).

Timeskip

The citizens were told about the "evacuation drill", some of them were unhappy about that, but obeyed nonetheless. 

The Garrison Soldiers and Scouts were at the top of the Wall, except for 3 people (y/n), Levi, and Erwin, looking at the huge Titan that dragged himself to the wall.

Meanwhile, Erwin, Levi, and (y/n) were on their horses, heading to the Titan.

Levi: You're sure this will work?

Erwin: I'm not sure, we'll have to put our faith in (y/n) this time.

(y/n): Yeah! I can do it! ( I definitely CAN'T do it! What if my powers aren't working yet?!...  calm down... I'm sure they're working now! I was just sleepy that's all!... ok (y/n), it's your time to shine, and first time helping in Paradis)

Erwin: We're approaching the Target, (y/n), get ready.

(y/n): (Okay, here we go. Focus, strong, I am strong)

Erwin: Charge!

(y/n) dumped a bucket of cold water on himself and hopped out of his horse and used his ODM gear to launch himself using some trees to gain speed and get closer to the Titan, finally, he anchored one of his hooks to a tree and launched himself high up in the sky, some meters in front of the abnormal Titan. Levi and Erwin retreated to watch at some distance.

Light emitted from his eyes as he attempted to transform, but something failed, the light appeared but only a few parts of his crystal appeared, but no sign of the War-Hammer.

(y/n): H-huh?

He quickly began to fall from the sky. The Titan was now very close, and (y/n) began to feel its emitting heat.

(y/n): ( no... no. NO. NO!)

He tried and tried again, but this time, the crystal was slowly appearing, encasing him more and more, until finally, a bright light appeared and the body of the War-Hammer was formed, but his armor and body were not in the best condition.

(y/n): (Yes!)

The War-Hammer began to fall even quicker than (y/n) due to his weight, he instantly tried to materialize his hammer, which appeared successfully, but it was the same as his Titan, it wasn't at its full form, and (y/n) noticed it. The War-Hammer touched down, meters in front of the huge Titan, and that's where he saw how big he was, his Titan being smaller than his head, it was definitely bigger than the Colossal. He grabbed his crystal and placed it on his back, hardening covered it, and made sure it would stay in place.

(y/n): (Do... do they want me to fight that? it's huge! Hitting him with my hammer will be like hitting the walls with a rock... Maybe if I make a spike that goes through his nape... But where exactly is it tho? I can't see it from here.)

The War-Hammer slowly walked back as the Titan kept moving forward, the heat increased, and some nearby trees caught on fire.

The War-Hammer quickly ran at it and climbed by its head, making the tip of his fingers sharper, to make it easier to climb, but when (y/n) touched the Titan, he felt a tingling sensation, like it had something in it, but it was similar to something he had felt before.

He was at the top of the Titan's head, looking at its neck and where the nape was, but suddenly, the Titan instead of dragging himself to the Wall at Orvud District and began to try and Catch the War-Hammer.

(y/n): (Eh?!)

He made various spikes to try and stop the Titan's arms, but this time they didn't appear, (y/n) tried to evade them, almost falling from the Titan's head, but it managed to grab him with its right arm and began to crush him with it, the sound of bones breaking, meat being crushed, and gushes of blood could be seen and heard.

Meanwhile at the Wall

Garrison Soldier: What is it doing?

Garrison Soldier: It looks like it has something on its hand.

Eren: Huh?

Armin: Look!

The Titan could be seen moving its right arm like it was about to throw something, and soon after, a figure of something coming at them at great speed was spotted.

Garrison Soldier: Take Cover!

Everyone jumped off behind the wall and anchored on it, as they waited for the thing the Titan threw to hit the wall, nothing happened, until they saw an object fly over them until it crashed on the edge of the inner wall. Scaring the civilians

Garrison Soldier: What is that?

By the distance, they couldn't figure what it was, they heard the sounds of ODM gear and went back to the top of the wall, where they found Levi and Erwin.

Eren: Captain Levi! -Eren looked around but couldn't find (y/n)- Where's (y/n)?

Levi: There.

He pointed at where the strange figure was on the other side of the district.

Eren: W-what? What happened?

Levi: The mission was a failure, Eren, it's your turn now, you know what to do.

Eren: R-right...

Everyone scattered around to make the preparations for the arrival of the Titan like they had planned if the mission with (y/n) went wrong.

Flashback

Levi: So if we fail in the first mission... you're saying we stuff gunpowder into its throat... and hope it's enough to blow up its nape?

Erwin: Correct.

Levi: With the heat that it's producing, I imagine it'll ignite without a detonator. So as long it hangs its mouth wide open for us like an idiot...

Erwin: An explosion against its nape won't have the desired effect. Which is why the explosion must go off from the inside. But the target may be protecting itself by dragging it along the ground. For all we know, it may not even have a mouth to open. That's the gamble this time.

Levi: So, if it does have a mouth, who will put the gunpowder?

Erwin: I would recommend (y/n) to do it, the armor on his Titan would reduce the damage to him of the explosion, but It'll depend on the result of the mission, if (y/n) isn't in the conditions to do it, Eren will.

Levi: Understood.

End of flashback

They filled barrels with gunpowder and placed them on a net, for Eren or (y/n) to grab in Titan form, but at the moment, it was most likely that Eren would have to do it instead of (y/n) since they didn't know the condition he was, they had waited for him to come out of his crystal and go to the outer wall but he didn't come, so Levi sent Armin and Sasha to check on him.

They walked up to the inner wall, and closer to the War-Hammer, but they kinda regretted doing it, it was a creepy scene, the War-Hammer's torso was crushed, dents on the armor and significant damage on his body, blood came out of the gaps of the armor on his head, his arms were also crushed.

Sasha: W-wow... Wait, (y/n)! Are you ok?!

They both ran at the Titan, trying to find the crystal (y/n) was in, but it looked like it had disappeared.

Armin: Where's his crystal?

They kept searching, thinking that his crystal had disconnected and fallen somewhere else, thinking about the worst, they thought that the huge Titan had it, and was going to eat him. Luckily, while investigating closely, Sasha caught glimpse of a shiny object, which turned to be (y/n)'s crystal.

Sasha: Armin, here!

Armin: There it is!

Sasha: How... How are we getting him out of there? 

Armin: I... don't know.

They began to try and roll it to its back, but the War-Hammer was way heavier than anything they could carry since it weighed more than a ton. Suddenly, the War-Hammer moved the way they were rolling it.

Sasha: We... We did it! We're super strong!

Sasha said while flexing her arms. Meanwhile, Armin was kind of confused, he knew that they didn't just simply use mere force to move it, the Titan moved on its own, that's what surprised him since its body looked badly damaged.

Armin: Y-yeah, but let's get him out of there quick, the preparations are almost done and the Titan will be here soon.

Sasha: Oh, right.

Before they could do anything, the top of the crystal broke, and (y/n) slowly came out of it, with a look with mixed emotions.

Armin: (y/n)! Are you ok? We need to get to the outer wall, the Titan is approaching and we need your help!

(y/n) just stayed silent.

Armin: (y/n)?

(y/n): Armin... I can't do this anymore...

Armin: What are you talking about?

(y/n): Armin! They sent me to fight that huge Titan and my Titan powers are broken!

Armin: W-what do you mean are broken?

(y/n): They don't work like they used to! My Titan is flawed, my hammer was flawed, my hardening is flawed, even my crystal was flawed! 

Armin: Eh?

(y/n) grabbed Armin by his shoulders and began to shake him.

(y/n): I failed Armin! I couldn't stop it! 

Sasha: C-calm down (y/n), I'm sure there's a reason for that... Oh! Have you eaten? Here.

Sasha searched her jacket and found a potato she had grabbed some time ago, but had forgotten about it, and handed it to (y/n).

(y/n): Right... T-that could work.

He said as he was drooling, he had also forgotten that he hadn't eaten for 2 days, but he had eaten with Hanji some time ago, but it felt like he hadn't eaten anything. He grabbed the potato and began to eat it in less than 10 seconds, almost choking.

Sasha: (that was the last potato...)

(y/n): I feel better now!

He stepped out of the crystal and instantly fainted.

Armin: Huh?!

Sasha: If I gave you that potato for nothing you better give it back!

Armin carried (y/n) to the outer wall, where Commander Erwin and Captain Levi saw that he was unconscious, and decided that Eren will have to do the work.

The preparations were now ready, and it was just waiting for the Titan to arrive, and they didn't wait too long.

The Titan was now very near, and the mounted cannons on the wall were shot, many hit it, but none hit the nape, ignoring the cannons, the Titan continued its path, now it was right in front of the wall, it lifted its left arm, and grabbed the top of the wall, before doing the same with its other arm, scaring the civilians even more and making them run to the gate to escape. It used its force to lift itself, revealing a face-less head, and its torso was lacking full-sized ribs, its guts fell on the wall, almost crushing some soldiers.

Carston: Retreat! Everyone, retreat!

The Titan dug its fingers in the wall due to his immense force.

Carston: Shit... It's breaking through... The city I grew up in... is done for.

As he finished talking someone grabbed his arm, scaring him, turns out it was Levi.

Levi: Stand back, Captain. We'll take over from here.

Everyone was dumping buckets of water on themselves, to protect them against the heat the Titan was emitting.

Armin: Eren, we're up. (y/n) can't do it.

Eren: Right.

Armin turned around and began to walk away until Eren spoke to him again.

Eren: Armin, another thing's different from then.

Armin: Eh?

Eren: It might not be all they hoped for, but now... Humanity has an ace up its sleeve.

He said referring to what happened in Shiganshina, by a conversation they had earlier.

Eren bit his hand, a lightning bolt striking him, and his Titan forming soon after with a roar.

Armin: We're good to go!

Sasha prepared a barrel filled with gunpowder in a cart, it had 2 spears on the front on each side, 2 ODM gear also on each side, and everything was attached by tightly fastened rope, and Armin, which was on the other side of the wall, had the same cart.

Erwin held up a flare gun with a red signal on it.

Erwin: Let the attack... Commence!

He shot the signal and the hooks from the ODM gear on the carts were shot to the Titan's hands, the gas sped them up and when they came in contact with the heat and its hands, they exploded. Making the Titan tumble to the Wall.

Armin: Yes! It's losing balance!

Erwin: Eren!

Eren in his Titan appeared behind Erwin, carrying the net with the barrels, and ran at the Titan, which head was on the wall.

With a roar, Eren launched the net inside the Titan's mouth, causing a huge explosion.

Sending parts of the Titan flying everywhere, and inside Orvud District.

Erwin: All troops! Finish it off with ODM gear!

The Scouts jumped into action, using their ODM gear to find the nape, and trying to resist the heat that came out of the pieces of flesh. It was the most important part of the mission, and they couldn't afford to fail, at least not with (y/n) unconscious.

Historia spotted a spine that looked odd, so she took her chance, and used her ODM gear to go closer, and sliced it.

 but when she did, she sensed that she had killed something more than just a Titan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 791 31
"-𝐈'𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 live in his world than live without him in mine." β˜… πŸ”­.. In which a boy from her past returns to her and becomes her bodygua...
38.4K 2.6K 33
Eren Yeager had always been a child. From birth to the day he died. He lived with a selfish, childish dream to find freedom. Yet, freedom was a manif...
94.3K 2.5K 20
Eren Yeager had lost his memories after the fall from his malfunctioning 3DMG. He had been over stressed due to all the pressure the Survey Corps had...
5.6K 164 21
Follow a lone soldier and his journey through the harsh life inside the walls. He makes family along the way, some closer than others, and some he wi...