A court of shadow and spying...

By 440Gallery

Stone by stone. 'And little bird? Are you ready to chrip?' In the Hewn City, Jenna worked as a prostitude. Th... More

Prologue
The offer
The bathtub
hard time adjusting
The Process
the terrible sin
awkward scenes
the entrance
was it Betrayal?
the second chance
the angry Shadowsinger
The plan
heated situations
getting hurt
recovering
moving out
doing research
getting needed things
be ready
the real party starts
showtime
Success
the attack
the rescue
helpful information
a new shining light
the joy of kisses
fingers of heaven
blissful experience
the questions
panic rising
gazing love
the wicked emotions
seeing each other
a friend
hot promises
wet dreams
wrong decisions
a helping hand
a dark hole
the escape
a home
the family
mates
the pleasure
getting a taste
the spy
the sacrifice
the breaking point
The Darkness
Destruction
Pain
The Chase
Heat
Return
the map
Epilouge
END

The unexpected meeting

4.2K 113 4
By 440Gallery

The clapping of skin on skin filled the room. The bed creaked and shook as he took me from behind. My breasts jiggled as I pushed myself backwards onto him. I moaned as he rubbed and pinched my nipple. His length didn't come close to filling me but it was enough to feel something. He went faster and deeper and I arched my back to feel him more, to feel him deeper. His hand moved from my breast to my clit and he began to massage it slowly. I trembled briefly as a shiver ran down my back.
'You like that, huh, dirty little bitch? When I take you like this.'

I didn't know his name, I would forget it anyway. I gave an approving grunt and felt him begin to twitch inside me. I knew it would soon be over. I pushed back harder on his genitals to at least feel something stimulating, but nothing came. Not even when he massaged my clit harder and harder, almost to the point of pain, or when he squeezed my hip so hard that a bruise would definitely remain. He penetrated one last time and then jerked so hard that I knew he had come. He left it inside me as if it was something I should thank him for. His hands rubbed my bottom before he brought them down in one powerful stroke. And again, and again. After he finished tormenting my bottom, he pulled out of me. I almost groaned with happiness that this customer was over.

'Go now.' He said and almost pushed me off the bed.
'Before my wife comes back.'

I almost couldn't stop myself from squinting, but managed to sit up, put on my dress and head outside. I exhaled as I closed the door. I definitely needed a bath, a hot long bath.
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

After I had cleaned myself completely and pressed myself back into my dress, I made my way to the next customer. However, the commotion that could now be seen on the paths made me queasy. Nothing made the Hewn City restless other than someone important arriving. My client's room was only a few minutes away, so I went for a walk to his room. Arriving, I could not even knock, before the door shot open and showed me the elderly man I had been sent to please.

'Not now, little darling, the High Lord is coming.' He said hurriedly and pulled me with him out the door and into the large reception hall. His hands slid along my curves as if he wanted to let himself be pleased right here and in front of all the people. It was sad, pathetic even but that was my job.

'The High Lord? What does he want here?' I asked him. I had no idea what our High Lord wanted in the Hewn City. Mostly he came with the intention to control the hords  of the Hewn City but it didn't happen quite offen. Due to his facial expressions and the tension hanging in the air everytime they arrived I took my guesses that none of the famous inner circle like being here, which was, by all means, understandable. But I was found of our High Lord for trying to cope with this folk of ours and I respected him with all that was sacred to me and didn't even dare to stand in his way. With his illyrian bastards at his side and his breathtaking companion or rather our High Lady alone, these were elemental forces that you did not stand in the way of. But as we entered the reception hall, Keir seemed to want to test his fate all over again. Just as stupid as all the other males here. Just out for power and looks, as if he actually believed that he could go against someone as powerfull as the High Lord himself. 

It was an pathetic excuse for being seen as powerful when they weren't actually in power.

I now looked around and noticed how tense everyone was, how scared most of them were and how the young children started to tremble. I sensed it before I saw it. I felt them all. And that made me tremble too. I sank to the ground and lowered my head, I could only guess that those next to me were doing the same. My breathing was shallower than usual, my heart faster in their presence. Ryshand was the only High Lord I feared should his wrath weigh on me. We had all heard the roumers from under the mountain and nothing could undo the acts that followed. Cold pervaded the room, dark shadows moved and reached for the people, but without hurting them. Only to intimidate. That's how it was in Hewn City. No one was supposed to stand against the High Lord, we were all subservient to him. And only to him. Keir had made it his business not to follow this, of course, he wanted his own power, his own view. And that led to such an arrival.

I tensed as I felt them right next to me, moving along me without a trace of uncertainty. I trembled almost imperceptibly when I felt his presence, when I realised that one of his companions had stopped beside me. I only hoped that I was not the one who attracted his attention. Nevertheless, I was startled when a sudden hand grabbed my chin and forced me to look up. I looked into the eyes of the shadow singer, I realised.
His hand was coarse, marked with the many scars, those about which one heard only rumors. He held my chin with slocher force that I thought he would break it. But he pulled me up, in a clearly calculated movement, and I was frozen. It was common knowledge that the shadow singer always took someone to bed with him from time to time, but to do so openly was rare. If it had even happened at all. I could hardly believe that it had hit me, that I was the one he was now dragging along to the throne of the High Lord. My breath qickened as i was pulled upwards and stumbled on my feet so that i barley regristered that I followed him, that I obeyed him. Murmurs ran through the crowd and I did not dare to turn around. My hands shoke, my senses were hyperaware that every eyes were positioned on me. The shadow singer had taken a prostitute of the Hewn City, declared her as property. The shadow singer sat down a little further back from the High Lord. I was only aware that he had left me standing when the High Lord began to growl, barely noticeably. I instinctively fell to my knees and lowered my head as far as I could, swallowing my whimper of anxiety and panic. I didn't want to be decimated into a pile of ash, as fear rose up and I hardly supressed my tremors of my body. But from the High Lord came only a cruel little laugh and he dismissed me by saying to the shadow singer. 'Whatever you say, Az. You sure picked something.'
With a languid movement of his hand, I knew what I had to do. Today I was the property of the shadow singer. I walked up to him, head down, but my eyes were twinkling at him.

What was he thinking?
Couldn't he have chosen someone else?

I knew that my hatred for him was only secondary, not significant, if he left again, but how could I go on? Everyone would either loathe me or want to take revenge on me for sharing a bed with him. Even if it was only for one night. When I was close enough within reach, his arm wrapped around my waist and brought me onto his lap with a tug. I knew I should keep my expression blank, but anger forced itself upon me, reducing the angst, and it was hard to contain the fury I had for him. What was wrong with me? I had always been in control, no matter what the situation, and now? How was it possible that I trembled in fear in front of the High Lord but now raged in front of his nearly as powerful spymaster? The shadow singer must have noticed, because he pulled me to his muscular chest, brought his hand to my thigh, which was excellently exposed by my dress, and grinned devilishly at me.

I pretended not to notice and tried to make myself as comfortable as possible on his lap, which is why I put my legs over his and snuggled up to him. Why I did that, I had no idea. He was one of the most powerful people in our court and I was hitting on him like a stupid child who doesn't know the consequences. But I knew them. And I behaved like that in spite of it. I was reckless and stupid, but somehow the shadow singer made me feel comfortable with him, reducing the stress and tension that lay on my shoulders temporary. His shadows surrounded us and gave us at least a small feeling of privacy, since everyone continued to stare at me like a piece of meat. I was just glad that I didn't see my mother, I would never forget her expression. The High Lord was talking about some diplomacy, which I didn't listen to because I was too busy not to be influenced by the shadow singer's hand. He massaged my inner thigh with such intimacy and sensuality as I had never felt before. His hand caressed and circled my skin, touched the softness of my thigh and brought me to a state in which I had never been before. Embarrassment. I was embarrassed.The men in the Hewn City had always used me, groped on my flesh like it wa nothing more, like I was just an object to be forced upon and taken care of. Not in the good way. But with the shadowsingers hand, with the tenderness he touched it, I felt unfamiliar and didn't know how to classify his actions. It had been a long time, since I was touched with a caring hand, not fearing that it would hurt me.

Completely freaked out, that's what was happening to me. Something was wrong with my head, maybe someone just cast a spell on me? No, that couldn't be, I knew my shields were up, due to learning this the hard way. Once again, I would not let my wall of black onyx fall.
The hand of the shadow singer made me jump out of my thoughts. He had moved it a little further up, my dress now fell a little more to the side and brought more of my thigh to light. He lightly pinched the soft flesh and I barely flinched. For him, however, it was clearly noticeable. He still grinned and continued with his caress without even noticing one of my dark looks in his direction.

The High Lord and his High Lady were still speaking to Keir, who was trying to talk his way out of his tricky situation he usually brought upon himself. The High Lord did not believe him. Neither did I. Keir deserved everything he got. I didn't mind if he was hurt, the Hewn City was brutal. And that was partly at the hands of Keir. He was always the worst. But he was also the head of this city and I had to be good with him so that he did not expel me from my post or force me to do anything. I didn't want to be a bargaining chip, so I made myself submissive. I looked at him with dark, cold glances whenever I could allow myself to do so, even now, just now, when I was sitting on the shadow singer's lap. Nothing could happen to me as long as he was with me. At least that's what I thought. Would he protect me? Certainly not, I was just a woman who would share a bed with him tonight. The thought of it made me jittery. Just thinking about the night, what was about to happen, it made me weak in my knees.
I didn't know him, but there were rumors about his wing length. Everyone had heard the them and he indeed seemed to have the largest. I blushed and banished these thoughts from my mind.
'What are you thinking about?' he asked suddenly, his voice rough and dark, barely audible if he hadn't spoken directly into my ear. His nose was buried in my neck, as if he wanted to breathe me in, his hair tickled my neck and brought me into a new form of intimacy. Gently, I turned my head to him, just so he could understand me.

'What are you going to do to me? What happens after here?' I asked softly.

'Well, I think you have some idea', he said as he slid his hand further up until he was sliding his hand down the side of my lace underwear and playing with the fabric. I almost had a fit, my heart was racing so fast. We were in front of my whole court, the whole, where people stared and gawked at us and we made...
I took a deep breath and shook my head.

'That's not what I mean. You are here for something specific. You won't stay long. You've never chosen someone so publicly before. What is this? Are you trying to make some kind of statement? What are you...'

He stopped me with a soft slap to my private parts. I sucked in a sharp breath and pressed myself against his chest.

'Quiet, it would be better if we pretend that we have nothing else on our minds but this.'
He rubbed his nose along my neck, drove his sensually delicate lips past my shoulder before his tongue made small circles around my neck.
My eyes almost fluttered shut, as he sucked and nibbled on my soft spot.
I could barely hold back a moan as he continued and pulled harder on my skin.

'Stop it', I said out of breath. 'I... '

I bit my lip before a loud moan came out.

'You want me to stop? Are you sure?', he asked without hiding the lust in his voice.
His other hand found its way to my cleavage. He circled the roundness of my breasts, which were partially uncovered by my dress, and I felt my desire for him, for more. As he ran his hand over the fabric of my dress, over my breast, I noticed that my nipples were swollen and erected. His hand on my most intimate area continued to caress me and I knew if I did not regain control now, I would lose myself in him. I folded my legs together so that his hand was still at my entrance, but could no longer move. I pushed his hand off my chest and brought it to my waist instead, so we wouldn't attract so much attention. I sucked in the air and controlled myself and my desire again.

'Yes, I am sure. If you want something from my body, then please not in front of the thousand eyes that are watching us', I said softly but sharply in his ear. I got only a small laugh in response.

'Whatever you say, sweetheart', He said seductively and squeezed my thigh with his hand, which was still caught between them. He continued to nibble on my neck and ear, and almost as I thought I was giving in on him and everything he wanted, the High Lord rose with his companion. My luck, I thought, and waited for the shadow singer to give me instructions.

'Stand up and stay behind me. Don't run away, we'll find you anyway, and don't do anything flashy', he whispered into my ear and pressed his hip against mine for a brief moment. I would have groaned loudly if it hadn't just become so deadly quiet. The shadow singer gently pushed me out of his lap and brought a hand to my back.

And so we followed the High Lord into the reception hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5K 3.9K 96
She sent as much love as she dared, hoping he wouldn't feel it, praying he wouldn't link it to her. But just for that one second, she let herself lov...
131K 3.8K 53
A year has passed since Seren Marzena returned to the Night Court with her mate, Azriel. Their time of rest is coming to an end. Plans long kept sile...
28.9K 1.7K 92
Life in the Night Court is difficult for Lysander Marzena between juggling his official duties and personal affairs. As a high-ranking Illyrian warri...
108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...