Memories Bring Back You ✔️

By ZiamArmour

[COMPLETED] "Here's to the ones that we got Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not 'Cause the drink... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 9

588 48 18
By ZiamArmour

"No, too tight on you, Zayn." This is the sixth suit Zayn has fitted and Liam is not having it. He is tired of changing clothes.

They are now at a luxurious shopping mall, trying to pick out a suit for a ball to be held later. And Liam is being his bratty and whiny self again.

Zayn went inside the fitting room to wear another set of clothing. When he was done, he came out of the room and Liam's eyes nearly popped out of its socket. Is it too ugly this time? I think it looks great! What is it with him today?

"No. Change, Zayn," Zayn can say this time, Liam is thinking hard.

"What is wrong with this, Liam?" He asked calmly. "Whether you like it or not, I choose this." If I continue giving in to Liam's whims, I will be tired before the ball even started.

"You look too good in it," Liam said while looking like he is really in a deep problem and Zayn can't help but smirk. Isn't the baby so adorable?

"Don't worry. This man is all yours." Zayn gave him a lopsided smile and Liam opened and closed his mouth.

Zayn turned to the saleslady and politely said, "I'll get this, miss."

"Hey! You are indeed mine!" Liam exclaimed when he recovered.

◻◻◻◻◻

Zayn's phone rang. It was the flowers he ordered online. He cannot choose them himself because Liam has been sticking to his side all day long.

He got out while Liam is preparing to get dressed to receive the flowers.

When the delivery guy handed it to him, he can't help but smile softly. The flowers are a small bouquet of red roses. Nothing much because he could not afford much. But something to give to the baby.

He carried the roses inside, looking at the roses. When he looked up, it was when Liam went out of the room.

Zayn's breathing hitched when he saw Liam.

Liam is wearing a velvet dark blue coat. His inner shirt has two buttons undone. His chest a little exposed. Enough to give a tease. His hair a little wavy and styled in a dishevelled way. So fucking beautiful.

When Liam saw him, his eyes zeroed on the flower. He is smiling brightly with tinted cheeks. So worth it.

Zayn walked over to Liam and he cannot stop himself. I'm sorry, Liam. He kissed Liam hard and bit his lips that he can taste blood in it. And Liam welcomed the kiss.

When Zayn broke from the kiss, he can see Liam's lips swollen and bruised and Liam's eyes in daze. Perfect and mine.

"This is for you, Liam."

Liam hastily snatched the flowers from his hand. "Oh thank you, Zayn! It's my first time I received a flower from the person I like! I am happy."

"But I am the only one you have ever liked, right?" Zayn asked jealousy slowly bubbles inside him.

"You can never know." Liam was wiggling his eyes playfully at Zayn.

Zayn just walked out of the house to go to the car. Leaving a laughing Liam.

"Of course! You are the only one I have ever liked and the only one I will ever like. I am quite serious on you, Mr. Malik! Hey!" Liam is running after him.

*******

The next venue was filled with expensive, wealth and power. And Zayn is not used to these things, but he is a little familiar. It feels like he has been to one but the memory is vague. Clearly, he is not intimidated to be surrounded with people of high position. Zayn held his head high, eyes cold, face impassive, one hand on Liam's waist. Mine.

Together, they walked to the crowd. Heads turn to them.

As they come across people, Liam never threw them a glance except for those who Zayn thinks are powerful and respectable. Liam would greet them politely. As for him, he neither greets nor nod at them. I am just here to come with, Liam. I hate dealing with strangers. Ugh!

"Your company is something, Mr. Payne. Is he a boyfriend? I can introduce him to a couple of girls over there. He seems bored." An middle-aged man said. Zayn tightened his hold on Liam's waist.

"He really is something. He does not like crowded places and people who don't mind their own business." Liam walked out and Zayn walked together with him.

Another man and woman come to greet them on their way to their seats. It was Liam's father and a woman who is scowling at Zayn's direction. She is about the same age as Liam's father. Why does she look so familiar? Not exactly all her facial features. The overall appearance.

"A delight to see you here, Mr. Malik," Mr. William Payne said smiling. But his smile never reached his eyes. Fake.

"So, this is Mr. Malik. Look at how you have become." What I have become? Why would she say that? "I am Gigi Hadid. I am glad to meet you." Liar. You aren't.

Liam just nodded to both of the strange people and Zayn is throwing glares at them.

"Whatever, father. Don't disturb us."

They continued walking and Zayn heard Liam's father said ingrato.

They are now in their table, together with silent businessmen who really don't mind them a lot.

Zayn leaned to Liam and whispered, "You look so beautiful. But, I don't think they have noticed the bruise on your lips though. Girls keep looking at you." His placed his hand on Liam's thigh and squeezed it. Girls have been eyeing Liam since earlier. Zayn really does not mind because Liam won't mind them. But he is feeling a lot more possessive. Check your label first. Ah~ fuck label. He is mine.

As the event progressed, Liam went to talk to some potential investors. He was a bit reluctant to leave Zayn alone, but Zayn encouraged him to go. Just because Zayn is there, it would not be right to hold Liam's wings down.

Getting bored, Zayn stood up and went to the bar counter to get a drink. He is not particularly good in holding his alcohol. But he can manage when he drinks just what his body can take.

Liam is nowhere to be seen now from his place.

Suddenly, a tall professional-looking man sat beside him.

"I have been meaning to talk to you since ealier but Mr. Payne is guarding you." The man laughed a little while shaking his head. "The infamous Zayn Malik. It is a pleasure to meet you." The man extended his hand and Zayn accepted it, thinking it would be awkward and rude if he wouldn't.

After the shake, Zayn still remained silent. There are questions running in his head but he does not want to ask and engage in the conversation further, until the man spoke.

"How have you been, Mr. Malik? The last time I saw you was two years ago." Now, Zayn perked up. Two years ago. Does he know me from two years ago? I can't remember him.

"I don't think you and I know each other, Mister." Zayn said flatly.

"Oh, yes, right! We haven't met yet. But I am sure you know my name, right? I mean why wouldn't you? I am Ed Sheeran." He heard the man say. And Zayn can't help but press a hand on his temple. His head is starting to ache. And it is so painful. But he kept his composure.

"We haven't met I just saw your video sp-" Then, all he can hear is the ringing in his ears. He can no longer make up the rest of the sentence. He is getting dizzy from the headache. He tried to stand up. But he couldn't stand staight.

"Mr. Malik. Mr. Malik, what is happening?" He can make out the words from the man. Papers. Video. Signature. The man is also panicking, while trying to hold him up by his elbow. Papers. Video. Signature.

The world is spinning and it is getting blurry. Liam, where are you?

"Ed Sheeran-" and that were Zayn's last words as he succumb into the darkness.

Warning: slight mentions of blood.

Liam is getting bored talking to the investors. For the first half it was interesting because they are talking purely about business ideas, but the second half are mixed with talks about personal life and he is not interested.

When he looked over to their seats, Liam frowned when he did not see Zayn. Maybe he went to the comfort room. He shrugged and decided to wait for a couple of minutes before checking again. Remember to trust him. Right, Liam? Yes, that is correct. I have to trust, Zayn.

Couple of moments pass, but Zayn is still not on their seats. He is getting uncomfortable with the thought of Zayn not being on their seats yet. Maybe, he just went for a drink. Let him be. Right, I will let him enjoy a little on his own. Liam deeply sighed and continued listening to their nonsense talk.

Once the talk was finished, Liam looked for Zayn. But he really is nowhere to be found. He is now starting to bite his lower lip in worry.

I trusted you, Zayn. What the fuck? Where the fuck are you? His heart pounding painfully against his chest.

Liam went to calmly look for Zayn. Although, just calm from the outside. He can't lose control in the middle of the ball where businessmen are around.

Since the ball is held on an enclosed garden-like setting, just on the grounds of a luxurious hotel, the area to be covered is quite big and Liam does not know where to start.

The next thing he knew he is scanning the whole place with his eyes. When he still did not see Zayn, he quickly ran out. Trying to keep his chaotic emotions at bay.

Zayn, I am going crazy. Where are you? Where are you? I hate you right now.

Suddenly in the dark, on the way to the hotel, Liam saw a man carrying another person who is unconscious.

Liam dashed to their direction and his body felt cold when he saw that it really is Zayn, unconscience on another man's arms. His cheek pressed on the man's chest. What the fuck?

The man saw him and immediately tried to reason out, "Oh no, no, no. Mr. Payne, he fainted when we were talking awhile ago. I will just bring him to a room and go back to call you."

Liam is not having any of it. If Zayn is not unconcious, he would have beaten the guy. And maybe, to death. Jealousy and possessiveness are eating him up.

"Hand him over to me. Now."

"Mr. Payne, think. Think rationally. Calm down. I will help you. Where is your car?" The man is calm but Liam can see his is quite nervous.

"Give. Him. To. Me."

"Jeez, alright. Alright. Why can't you calm down?" The man handed Zayn to him. And Liam decided it would be better to carry him on his back because he thinks he can support him more. Although Zayn is heavier than he is, jealousy is the heaviest. So, he won't let the man carry Zayn on the way to his car.

"Let me follow you, Mr. Payne and assist you until you reach your car."

Liam ignored him but the man still followed them. Why is he so concerned? Why?

"Zayn is a very important person. Well, at least to my father. He is on our home and he will be happy once I tell him I saw Mr. Malik." What the hell? Who are you?

Liam did not voice out his question because he thinks he can't trust his voice at the moment. He is on the verge of breaking down again because he does not know whether the man can be trusted or not. And he is not trusting anyone. And if the man is evil, he was taking Zayn away. His hands instinctively tightened on Zayn's thighs.

The man unlocked and opened the car for him. Once he settled Zayn in the passenger's seat and put the seatbelt around him, he turned to the man. Liam's fists are clenching so hard. His knuckles turn white.

"Mr. Payne, I know we have not met in a favorable situation. But I am Ed Sheeran, a lawyer. Here is my calling card. You can call me if you have any questions regarding what happened earlier and I know now is not the right time to discuss such matters." The man quickly placed a calling card on the car's hood and dashed out before Liam can even react. Perhaps, to avoid things to further spiral down.

Liam took the calling card and it is an office card. P&P Law Office. The contacts are written. He is a lawyer.

Liam shook his head and decided he will have to deal with it tomorrow. It is important to head back to his home first and take care of Zayn.

When they arrived at home, Zayn is still unconscious. And if he won't wake up after three hours or so, Liam is decided to call a doctor. I am panicking, okay?

He carried Zayn inside the house and to the bed. It was a struggle. Liam would not lie. The guy is a giant. But he managed.

He took off Zayn's clothes and quickly changed him to comfortable ones. He had to do it quick because if he won't his hands might wander inappropriately on their own. He took a towel dipped in warm water and gently wiped Zayn's face to clean it. I love you so much, giant. Please be okay. You will be okay, alright?

He stood up to change his clothes.

He was stripping when his phone rang. He looked at the caller to see if it was someone important.

When he saw it was Louis calling, he did not have second thoughts on answering the call.

"Liam," Liam can hear the shaking in his voice. "Josh and Doctor Niall are really not involved. The Doctor was just trying not to involve Josh further." Louis let out a shaky breath.

"Go on." Liam is getting agitated.

"He- He... I can't Liam."

"Where are you?" Liam thinks he needs to talk to Louis personally.

"Liam, I am where the perpetrators kept Zayn for a week before he woke up in a hospital."

Liam's hand is shaking. A week? Someone had him for a week?

"It is not good here, Liam. Do you want to come here? I will send you the location. We have to talk and I think it would be bad for Zayn to see this place. He might be forced to remember again. So you have to come alone."

Liam swallowed his cry. He cannot cry right now even if he wanted to. He looked over at Zayn who was sleeping peacefully as if everything is okay.

"Liam?"

"Ah yes, Zayn is sleeping."

"This is a two-hour ride to north from your house. So I suggest, if you would leave Zayn alone, lock everything. As in everything. And call trusted men to guard the doors outside. Even them are not allowed to enter. We cannot trust anybody, Liam. And if you want to keep Liam safe, we better level up our game. This is not a joke."

Liam heard it all perfectly clear. And he is trying to rein on his emotions. Why is Louis talking like that? Like someone so vile and evil is out there? But isn't that how you think, Liam? Trust no one, right? For Liam it would be normal to be protective of Zayn. But coming from another person, it is safe to assume that his protectiveness over Zayn is something objective and reasonable.

So instead of changing to pyjamas, he picked a white shirt and gray sweatpants. He pecked Zayn on the lips and dashed out of his room. He did everything Louis told him and drove off the the location the investigator sent him.

Liam arrived in a dark place. Surrounded with fields of rice. The ground muddy.

He saw Louis standing with his back facing a forest.

"Come on, Liam it is already 11:00 P.M."

Louis led him into the forest and Liam's heart is pounding and he is sweating cold sweats. He is nervous as to what he would find out.

While on their way, Louis spoke.

"Liam, Josh is a farmboy who wished not to be involved. The boy is skittish and fidgety. Completely harmless. He- He saw masked men unload a beaten body of another man and carried him to the place where I am taking you right now. He followed them and observed at a distance. The boy was smart. He knew something was happening. When he comes, he hears muffled screaming inside. Screams of a pained man. Liam, Josh, he observed the men's schedule and behaviors. He contacted Niall and asked for his friend's help. When the men were fast asleep, Niall injected them something to further induce them to sleep. And they took Zayn away. They rescued him. If it were not for them, Zayn wouldn't be by your side."

Hearing this, Liam let out a sob. He could not hold it. He was grateful to Niall and Josh and he promised to himself that they would not be involved any further.

But he is angry. The screams of pain. Zayn is never the type to express himself. But screaming? It must have been too painful. Oh, Zayn. What am I going to do with you? You make me lose my mind.

"Liam, be strong. I know Zayn is trying to be strong for you."

They walked for another 10 minutes 'til they reached an old abandoned shack. Louis gave him another flashlight.

"No, No, No." This abandoned shack was where Zayn stayed for a week?

"Liam, be strong."

Liam followed as Louis entered the place.

When he saw the place in its entirety, Liam let out a blood-curdling scream. He screamed for the years of pain. He screamed for the week Zayn was in pain. He screamed for his love.

"Why!? Why! Why!" Liam can't help but sob as he fell on the ground. Still crying.

The place is dirty, smelly, humid. It smelled of rotten old blood. And dried blood is everywhere. On the seat. On the floor. On a drum of water. There is a rope soaked in blood. Pieces of clothes in blood.

"Zayn is stronger than you think he is, Liam," Louis tried to soothe him. But it was ineffective.

Zayn, what have you gone through?

"I think he really was thinking all about you, Liam."

Louis focused the light on the dark, cemented, dirty floor. Writings of his name were small but visible.

Liam. Liam. Liam. Liam. Liam. Liam.

"What the fuck? What the fuck, Louis? Why does it hurt so much? I can't. I can't. This was just a week, right? All other days, he could be well, right?"

"Liam, we know that it could be for two years. They could have jumped from one place to another. It is possible."

No no no. Not my Zayn. What did Zayn do to them, huh? What?

"Liam, you have seen with your eyes. Whoever we are up against is purely evil. If Zayn's memory will come back, he will either get back stronger or he will break. So be there for him."

Liam nodded absent-mindedly. Trying to take everything in.

"Liam, let's get you back to your home. Zayn might go out once he finds you're not there."

Snapping back on reality, hatred formed in his heart to whoever is behind it, Liam wiped his face and stood up.

"Louis, gather all evidences you can gather from this place. And continue investigating. I can drive on my own. You can take your own car."

Liam drove fast. His heart numb. His body numb.

When he arrived, his men opened the gates for him. Liam dismissed them and told them to go home.

Liam went straight to the bathroom to scrub himself clean. I need to feel Zayn. I need him. I need to feel him.

He went out of the bathroom only wearing his shorts.

It is already 1:30 A.M. and Zayn is still fast asleep. So peaceful. He climbed on the bed beside Zayn.

"Zayn," he whispered while caressing his hair. Zayn stirred and opened his eyes.

"Liam, what are -"

Liam can't help it. He pressed his lips on Zayn. His hand on Zayn's hair pressing his head more to his. He's here. He is mine.

Come hell or high waters, no one is going to take him away from me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 527 20
"now that you can't have me,you suddenly want me". Harry and Louis have been dating since x fator days, but lately harry has been really distant from...
110K 3K 23
[COMPLETED] When Liam is bought at a slave market, he fully expects a difficult road ahead of him. What he does NOT expect is to find himself in a wo...
975K 34.7K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...
57.2K 2.1K 20
[Edited + AU] "My name is Niall, and what would you like, sir?" "I'd just like to stare at this beautiful boy in front of me." "well u-uhm.. you'll h...