I Die Often Hank

By Mr_Loverman89

Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usual... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73: Honeymoons, Security Guards, and Helicopter Noises
Chapter 74: Reunions, Jealousy, and Third First Impressions
Chapter 75: Planes, Hotels, and Boarding Schools
Chapter 76: Bars, Boulders, and Bears
Chapter 77: Friendship, Ditching, and Ziplines
Chapter 78: Jumping, Collapsing, and Lying
Chapter 79: Hangovers, Liers, and Blizzards
Chapter 80: Smut, smut, and smut
Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade
(SPOILERS!) Full Book Summary
Book Stats As Of Completion

Chapter 72: Weddings, Fake Names, and Ex-Flings

236 10 23
By Mr_Loverman89

Crimson's POV:

I looked in the mirror and I'll be honest, I can't believe this is happening. It's all so surreal. How did I get here? Two years ago I didn't even know these people and now, I'm here. A knock on the door broke me from my thoughts. 

"Come in!" I called out. The door slowly opened and in walked Erik looking very dapper in his suit. He looked me up and down and his jaw dropped. 

"You're not half-bad," Erik spoke.

"Damn, should I tone it down?" I joked. 

"No, no you have to show Hank just how lucky he is to get to marry you," Erik replied. 

"Softie, is everything going good down there?" I asked.

"Everything is perfect, they're all waiting for us, well mostly you," Erik answered. 

"Is Erik Lehnsherr being modest?" I joked.

"Don't get used to it," Erik replied. 

"I suppose we shouldn't keep them all waiting," I spoke. Erik reached his hand out towards me. 

"Last chance to back out, I can have a car ready in five minutes," Erik offered. I took his hand. 

"No, I have never been more sure of any decision I've ever made," I responded. 

"Then let's get you married to the luckiest man ever," Erik spoke. 

We left my room and headed downstairs. I feel nervous, I don't know why, but I'm quite nervous. We turned the corner and I could finally see everyone waited outside. All of them were turned and were looking at us. It feels a little overwhelming. I finally looked at Hank waiting up front beside Charles. Hank looked me dead in the eyes and he started tearing up. 

"Look at him, he's so in love with you," Erik whispered. 

"If it helps, there is not a doubt in his mind about marrying you," Charles spoke telepathically. 

We finally reached the front and I let go of Erik's hand. I turned to be facing Hank and we took each other's hands. 

"Hi," Hank whispered.

"Hi," I whispered back. 

Scott got up and took his place to officiate the ceremony. 

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love of two of the greatest heroes the world has ever had the privilege of knowing. Dr. Henry Philip McCoy and Miss Isabelle Crimson Howlett have loved and learned together and today they cement their love for each other. Crimson would you please go first with your vowes," Scott spoke loud and clear for all to hear. 

Right. My vowes. No pressure. No pressure at all. Also, how did they find out my real name? 

"Hank, I've known since I first heard about you from Charles that you were truly someone special. You've always been the most caring and understanding person I've ever met. I vow to always have your back. I vow to do my best to help you in any way I can. I vow to love you always, blue fur, claws, and bad sleep schedule I don't care. You are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you," I spoke trying my best to contain my tears. 

"Hank, your turn. Try to follow that up," Scott instructed earning a laugh from the crowd.

"Crimson, from the first time I ever met you I was blown away. You are truly the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. You're sweet and kind and loving and funny and so much more. I could spend years standing here listing all the reasons I love you. I vow to be by your side through everything. I vow to take care of you, even when you insist you're fine. I vow to show you that I love you each and every day for the rest of our lives," Hank spoke. 

I lost it. I was a crying mess. He's just so god damn perfect. It's really not fair. 

"May I have the rings?" Scott asked. 

Warren stood up and handed off my ring. Alex stood up and handed off Hank's ring. Scott took both of them and continued speaking. 

"Henry Philip McCoy, do you take Isabelle Crimson Howlett to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love her in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love her faithfully for as long as you shall live?" 

"I do," Hank spoke with a huge goofy grin on his face. 

"Isabelle Crimson Howlett, do you take Henry Philip McCoy to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love him faithfully for as long as you shall live?" 

"I do," I announced breaking out into a similar grin. 

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife!" Scott declared. 

Hank and I leaned forward and shared a passionate kiss to a chorus of applause from our friends. 

Sometime Later That Night

It was time for the first dance. Hank and I moved to the makeshift dance floor and the music started to play. We got into the position and started to dance. 

"You have a Ph.D.?" I whispered. 

"Yeah, in biophysics. Your name is Isabelle?" Hank whispered back. 

"Legally yes, like how Logan's name is actually James," I explained. 

"Logan's name is James?" Hank whispered looking very shocked. 

"I'll explain it later, I promise," I responded. 

"Our honeymoon sounds so romantic," Hank teased. 

"What could be more romantic than learning your wife's name isn't what you thought it was," I joked. 

"I can think of a few things," Hank answered in a suggestive tone. 

"Oh, do tell," I replied. 

"I prefer to show," Hank whispered causing me to blush. 

The song ended and Hank and I broke apart. Charles and Erik approached the dance floor. Charles and Hank started to dance, Erik and I started as well. 

"You know if he ever breaks your heart I'll kill him, no questions asked," Erik stated. 

"Aw Erik that's the sweetest thing you've ever said and weirdly enough, I don't doubt you for a second," I teased. 

"You're the closest thing to family I've got, forgive me if I'm a little overprotective," Erik spoke.

"Don't worry about it, I would consider putting Charles back in a wheelchair if he were to cheat on you," I offered.

"This is why we're best friends," Erik stated.

"Because we're unhinged," I joked.

The song ended and the regular dancing for the night began. I found my way back to Hank and soon Warren approached us. 

"Congratulations, Mom and Dad. If I'm being honest when I first met you two I kind of thought you were already married," Warren spoke. 

"Wait why?" I asked.

"The two of you act like an old married couple," Warren answered. 

"Oh my god we do," Hank spoke looking like he was having an existential crisis. 

"You're right he really does look like he's having a heart attack and a stroke at the same time," Warren stated. 

"What? What did you tell him?" Hank asked suddenly turning toward me.

"Nothing," I responded a little too fast. 

Sometime Later That Night

Everyone had migrated to the dance floor and people had officially let loose. Alex seemed to fit back into the group as if he had always been here. The Summer's parents had long since left allowing Scott to let loose his unique dance moves. 

I was dancing close to Hank when he suddenly stopped looking over towards the school. I turned my head and followed his gaze. I spotted a red-haired man who looked vaguely familiar. He started to walk closer and I finally figured it out, he's the guy who was with Hank at the Bachelor party. I never found out who he is. 

Erik apparently also saw him because he quickly left the dance floor and practically ran towards the man. Erik grabbed onto the man's shoulders and the two had what looked like a very heated conversation. 

"Hank, what's going on?" I asked concernedly. 

Hank turned and looked at Charles. 

"How did he know about the wedding?" Hank asked. Charles just shrugged his shoulders. 

What is going on? Who is this guy? Why is everyone freaking out? If Hank didn't tell him about the wedding then how does he know?

The man managed to push past Erik who literally chased after him. The man made a beeline for me and Hank. What is going on? 

"You will not ruin this wedding!" Erik yelled. 

"Hi, I'm Sean Cassidy! It would appear that dear old Hank here forgot to tell you about me," This Sean man spoke. 

"Hank? Who is he?" I asked getting increasingly concerned. 

"I'm Hank's ex-boyfriend," Sean announced. 

He's what now? Why did this not come up? How long ago was this? How long were they together? Okay, I am officially freaking out. 

"You are not my ex-boyfriend Sean! It was one time over twenty years ago! Do not make this into something bigger than it is! You disappeared for almost two decades and then you show up and get me drunk at my Bachelor party and then crash my wedding and lie to my wife!" Hank spoke sounding uncharacteristically angry. 

"You're right, but I do love the attention! Erik had the right idea calling me!" Sean spoke. ERIK!? 

"Erik, what the fuck?" I asked. 

"He's exaggerating! I only invited him to the Bachelor party to lighten things up! I DID NOT TELL HIM ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE WEDDING!" Erik defended. 

"Oh, Hank told me all about the wedding. I think it one of those, what call them? Fred slip?" 

"It was not a Freudian Slip! You got me blackout drunk and interrogated me!" Hank rebutted. 

I thought through everything that had just happened in the past few minutes. Hank was in shock and he seemed to be telling the truth. Erik tried to stop him, although he did invite him to the Bachelor party. 

"Sean, was it? What exactly are you doing here AT OUR WEDDING? Completely uninvited, exaggerating details about my HUSBAND and my BEST FRIEND!" I asked shocking everyone into silence. 

"I wanted to see my friends again, I miss this. All of it. I came to the wedding to show my support for your marriage. I'm happy to see that Hank has moved on and is hopelessly in love. So you can imagine my surprise why I put the dots together that you have no idea who I am! I think that you should know about what happened back in the '60s. I went about this all the wrong way, but my heart was in the right place, I promise," Sean explained. 

"Listen, Sean, I don't really care where your heart is right now. Please leave our wedding, you can come back and try again when we get back from our honeymoon," I spoke. 

Sean looked like he was about to say something else, but he stopped himself. He turned around and left. The rest of the wedding guests went back to dancing, but I needed to have a word with two people. Hank and Erik followed me to a quiet corner. 

"Erik, you go first, please explain yourself," I demanded. 

"I got competitive. I know how Hank acts when he truly gets drunk and I know Sean can get him drunker than anyone else. I wanted my party to be better, so I played dirty, I'm sorry," Erik explained. 

"Understandable, you do have a reputation. Please refrain from getting my husband dangerously drunk for petty reasons," I offered. 

"I didn't think there was any reason to tell you about Sean. We had a one-time fling, twenty years ago and I haven't seen him in over fifteen years. I shouldn't have kept this from you, but I promise you now know about everyone I've been with, no more secrets," Hank apologized. 

"Fine, that makes sense. I understand. Now back to the wedding, I'd prefer to not have Sean be the most memorable part of our wedding," I spoke. 

"You want something memorable? I have a few ideas we can talk about," Erik offered. 

Sometime Later That Night

We had finally agreed on a memorable surprise for Erik to arrange. Everyone was laughing and having fun, but it was time to switch things up. Hank gave Erik the signal. Erik raised his hands and used his powers to lift everyone off the ground and then launched us into the lake. Everyone was surprised at first, but they all rolled with it. Everyone continued to dance and laugh in the water. 

"Little warning next time, my glasses could've came off," Scott yelled. 

"Scotty it's fine, the bride is indestructible," Alex replied. 

Peter looked around like he was getting an idea. That's never good. Peter started to run and soon was running across the surface of the water. Then his feet slipped and he fell face-first into the lake, causing a loud slap. 

Sometime Later That Night

The wedding had winded down and now everyone had gathered in the main hall of the school. Hank and I went around gave goodbyes to everyone. We finally grabbed our bags and opened up the front doors. 

"Have fun, but not too much!" Erik called out after us. 

"Ew dude those are my parents," Warren spoke. 

"Those are your what?!" Alex yelled alarmed. 

"We should probably getting going," Hank whispered.

"Yeah, now is definitely the time to run away before they start questioning us," I whispered back.

I tightened my hold on my bag and we both raced off towards the car. 

"First one there gets the window seat!"

"That's not fair, your legs are like a mile long!"

"At least you have human feet!"

Author's Note:

NO, THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER!

Thoughts on this chapter?

How do we feel about the whole Sean situation?

I tried a new format for the title of this chapter, do we like it. Each chapter would have three things that foreshadow the events of that chapter.

Also, shameless self-promo! I posted the first chapter of my new X-Men Oneshots book. It's an enemies AND lovers with Erik. 

Thank You!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 620 77
For the longest time, Y/N lived at the X-Mansion alongside his adoptive father, Charles. Alongside with Logan, Ororo and Hank. That was until Scott l...
9.4K 292 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...
50.6K 1K 11
Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night, as she was working at the bar, two men...
35.2K 978 17
Life is hard for so many people, but for me, it's different. No matter how much that has happened to me, I have tried to keep my head high. Until one...