His 9ja Babe

By MabelOsagiede

"Do you remember your highschool in Nigeria?" I asked. "Nigeria? No, I studied abroad!" "No! You were in Nige... More

~•Author's note•~
~•1•~
~•2•~
~•3•~
~•4•~
~•5•~
~•6•~
~•7•~
~•8•~
~•9•~
~•10•~
~•11•~
~•12•~
~•13•~
~•14•~
~•15•~
~•16•~
Author's POV
~•17•~
~•18•~
~•19•~
My Gift to You!
~•20•~
~•21•~
~•22•~
~•24•~
~•25•~
~•Epilogue•~
It's Me vs You
My Gift to You continues❤️
Pls Read 🥺
New Book out 🥺❤️
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out💃😊
Instagram Handle
Now a PUBLISHED WRITER in Nigeria

~•23•~

1.6K 465 188
By MabelOsagiede

A sweet reader of this book made a book cover for me. Yippee💃💃 Thanks sunkissedmuffin

I love the book cover. Gonna flaunt it☺😏❤

******

"Why? You are acting too strange. Explain yourself"

"You worry too much!"

"Can you just answer my question!"

"No, cupcake! Leave it as that. Let's go for a walk"

"Cuppp...what?" I gasped and missed a step. I was already about to fall down the stairs when Freddy gripped my waist placing me back on my feet.

"You okay, cupcake?"

Did Freddy just call me cupcake two times? Abeg ooooooooo! What is happening? I no get. Pesin should come explain for me. My life no balance like this.

   ~~~~~•♠•♠•♠•♠•~~~~~~

"Cupcake, are you okay?" Freddy asked again. This time, he swiftly swept me into his arms and carried me bridalstyle down the stairs.

"Why are you calling me Cupcake?" I whispered as he slowly dropped me down when we got to the last stair.

He cocked a brow. "It's just a  pet name na? Just like sugar, baby and those other ones I call you. Why such a reaction? You don't want me to call you Cupcake?"

"No! No...I mean...If you want to call me, ...um...You can but...um...Why are you calling me that?"

"Naomi baby, you worry too much! Let's go!" he said but there was a smirk on his face. I didn't know how to interpret that look so I found myself worried.

He started heading to the car park so I had to rush to him.

"Freddy, we are trekking not driving," I announced to him.

"Oh! You want to trek?"

"Yes!"

"With me?"

I batted my lashes. "Yes!"

"There is no way you are trekking with me looking like a deadman walking!" he laughed.

I pouted. "Why are you insulting me?"

He walked and stood at my front. His index finger caressed my jaw and he said, "Sorry baby!"

My heart couldn't take this. It was slamming my chest as if it wants to run away from my body. Freddy's touch and his sweet voice were driving everything about me crazy.

He took off the bonnet on my head and my braids came tumbling down. He dropped the bonnet on his car and began to pack my hair in a ponytail.

"Do you have a hair rubberband with you?"

"Nope! But you can use a braid to bond my hair!" I tried to demonstrate but he slapped my hand from my hair. I groaned and he chuckled.

He went behind me and after a few minutes my hair was styled in a ponytail with two braids at the front.

Freddy had a broad smile on his face as he examined his work. "You look beautiful!"

"Thanks!" I giggled.

"Let's go!"

"Wait! My bonnet!" I pointed at it. He quickly picked it from the top of his car, he opened his car door and threw it in.

"Can we go now?" he grumbled.

"Yes!" I batted my lashes and did a cute face.

He smirked and entwined our hands together.

Are you all sure Freddy is alright? He doesn't seem to act like himself.

We walked out of the hotel gate and down the sidewalk. In a comfortable silence, we strolled hand in hand.

"You were my bestfriend in high school, right?" Freddy asked hesitantly. He turned his gaze to me and silently waited for my reply.

"Yes na! You were my BF!"

"BF?" Freddy rose both brows.

"Yea!"

"Your boyfriend?"

"Errr....Best friend!"

"So I was never your boyfriend?"

"Oh wow! Look at how beautiful the sky is!" I smiled innocently and began to walk.

"Hmm....Alright!" Freddy turned to the main hotel gate and began to head back into it.

"What happened?" I called out to him.

He shrugged and kept moving. I ran to him and held his forearm. "Where are you going?"

"To my room!"

"Why?"

"My mood has changed"

"Why?"

"I feel I have no one who truly cares about me," he said and hastened his footsteps.

He got into the hotel like a flash. I ran after him but he was already in the elevator and as the elevator door shut in front of me, his angry glare rested on me like an iceberg. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"What did I do to Freddy? Why is he angry?"

I began my journey up the stairs since his room was in the fifth floor in the ten-storey building. It took a while because I haven't recovered well and I didn't have much energy. When I got to the fifth floor, I ran to Freddy's room and I bumped into someone at the door.

Kate rudely pushed me and I fell to the ground. I sprang up to my feet and my aim was to slap her. She quickly gripped my arm and pushed me aside.

"So it's her you like? This loser? This slut? This useless piece of creature? What can see give to you? She doesn't have curves like me. I go to gym to get my perfect shape so you can enjoy it all. Freddy, you are a fool! A big fool," Kate screamed. Her knuckles balled till it got white.

"Yes! I like her and I will rather date her," Freddy affirmed and his hand slipped into mine. "If you care about me, you'll be happy for me".

"HAPPY FOR WHAT?" Kate yelled and separated our hands. "Freddy, you are MINE". Kate's veins were all popping out. Her voice was worst than a trumpet at this point.

"Kate!" Freddy barked. "Stop with this childishness, right now! Go and rest. I'm tired. I can't repeat myself again. I've answered your question".

"So you choose Naomi over me?" Kate said, bursting into crocodile tears. "After all I've done for you?"

"Yes! After all you have done for him!" I said and walked into Freddy's room. He was already in so I confidently shut the door in front of Kate's face.

There was an awkward silence in the room before I turned to Freddy and asked, "Do you really like me?"

"Yes!" he stared at me with adoration and my heart leapt. Then, he fell to his knees. My eyes popped out and I ran to his side.

"Freddy, what's wrong?" I exclaimed with worried eyes.

He clasped his hands together. "Please! I beg you in the name of God. Please, tell me the truth of my past. Who were you to me? Who was Kate to me? And what really happened that led to my accident? I need to know"

I gasped and stared, completely speechless.

His eyes became watery. "Please!" he sighed out. "Who were you to me?"

I sucked in great air and poured out, "A friend but more, your girlfriend. I'm the girl you called Cupcake!"

He slowly rose to his feet. "Is that why I usually have de ja vu when I'm with you? Are you the girl I haven't been able to forget for years?"

"I think so! What do you think? Could I be that girl? Do you really have feelings for me?"

He walked to me and his fingers caressed my cheeks. He hooked his index finger below my jaw and tilted my head till our eyes locked. "Do you doubt my feelings for you?"

I looked down at once. "You truly liked me eight years ago but I'm not sure about now!"

"I found out I truly do. When I thought I lost you! When I saw you drowning! When I saw you lifeless. I knew my feelings for you were true because I don't want to lose you. I don't want to ever see your smile vanish and I never want you to be out of my life. I can trade my life for yours anytime".

"Really?" my eyes became blurry as I rested my palms on his chest. His heart was beating fast. Just like mine.

"You make my heart race!" he whispered into my ears. "You! Kate never got my heart racing like you do".

I might faint soon. My emotions are going crazy. I don't know if I should cry or scream with joy.

"For real?"

"Yes, Cupcake!" he smirked and winked. "You do!"

His smirk is so hot. The Fraomi boat is shipping. My heart is swelling with joy.

I took hold of Freddy's collar and pulled him backwards till my back rested on the wall. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my lips on his. "Kiss me, please!"

He smirked under my lips and chuckled. "I've been praying for this moment".

His arm coiled around my waist and the other caressed my neck before he blew my mind with his kiss.

Yea! I'm seeing rainbows and fireworks. This is the life.

Our lips melded perfectly. My nostrils were blessed with his manly scent and my heart was exploding with joy. A sweet sensation ran down my spine and spread to all part of my body. Indeed, I'm happy having him by my side. I'm super happy having him in my life. He's my true love. No jokes here!

The door slammed open and Kate barged in. We leaned away and glanced at her. Freddy hissed and pressed his lips on mine. Then, he sucked on my bottom lip and I moaned.

"FREDDY!" Kate screamed and ran to us that's when I saw the knife she was holding. I pulled Freddy away and luckily, the knife hit the wall. "I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Ma'am, the knife!" a waiter rushed into the room. He gasped when he saw Kate struggling to stab Freddy. However, Freddy was trying to pull the knife from her hand. I stood weeping because this was what I saw in my dream.

My tears streamed down my cheeks and I yelled, "Kate! Stop! Let go of the knife. Leave Freddy alone".

"NEVER! I should have killed you rather than drown you!" she growled while struggling with the knife as she tried to stab Freddy. He gripped her hand and bent it till she was screaming in pain. The waiter had gone to call the security guard and they stood in horror. They couldn't come close because the knife could stab anyone. Kate was in control and she was determined to kill.

"Haven't you tried enough? You've tried killing Freddy before. You are a MAD WOMAN, Kate! You are a psychopath. You're a criminal," I screamed and rushed to pulling the knife from her hand.

"Naomi, stay away. She'll hurt you," Freddy cried out. Then, he settled his glare at Kate. "You tried to kill me?"

Kate burst into a maniac laughter. "Yes na! I pushed you down our school stairs. I wish you died then. You deserve to die. I'LL KILL YOU!"

Freddy was about to pull the knife from Kate but she kicked him at his chest. In a twinkle of the eyes, the knife pierced the side of my belly and I fell backwards. My scream and that of others rang in the air.

Freddy froze and our eyes met. His fists balled and he sprung to Kate. He picked her up and the loudest and hardest slap kissed her face. He slapped the other cheek and landed more slaps. He pulled her by her hair and threw her to the other side of the room. Do you want to know the strangest part? Kate was laughing like a psychopath. Her laughter echoed in the room and that incensed Freddy the more.

I should stop Freddy from hurting a woman but...She deserves it.

Freddy was about to punch her hard but he controlled himself. "God forbid I punch a filth like you. If anything happens to Naomi, consider yourself dead. Just buy your coffin and dig your grave. There will be serious violence between us. Just watch".

He ran to me, swept me into his arms and ran out the door. "We need to get to the hospital".

His eyes were bloodshot red and tears ran down his cheeks as he descended the stairs. "You'll be alright. Just hold on tight, Cupcake. Don't leave me, please".

I turned my gaze to my blood, soaking his grey hoodie that I wore. I wished to stay conscious but the sight of my blood dripping and the knife ceased my breathe. And that's how everywhere blanked out.

        +++++++++++++++++++

My beloved readers, I'm once again sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.🥺🥺

What's your opinion of it?

Naomi and Freddy kissed😁💃 Yippee! How were you feeling when they kissed?😏

The truth is out oo🤣🤣🤣 What do my readers think of this?

The beating Kate got is it enough?

Our Naomi got stabbed😥😔 Will she survive?

What's the best punishment for Kate?

Pls if you know much about the law and crimes, can you tell me what kind of punishment a judge will give to a person like Kate? So far...I know what she has done can be called attempted Murder. What's your opinion?

Thank you for reading and supporting my book. God bless you all. Don't forget to vote and comment.😁😁

❤❤❤

From your 9ja Author,
Mabel😏❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 2.1K 67
"Camilla, please do this for me." She begged. "But I don't even know you." I stared back at the woman who looked exactly like me, only that she wasn...
18.4K 4.6K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...
7.4K 2.2K 29
Imagine going from this: "Can I kiss you?" Those words reverberated through my ears and sent shivers down my spine, literally. I could sense the pass...
62.7K 4.7K 24
*A Nigerian Romance Story* The line between Infatuation and Obsession is called Danger. Wunmi decided to accept the job her friend is offering her a...