~•9•~

"Naomi," Freddy called my name and leaned on the aluminum rail at the balcony.

I glanced at him. Stunned to hear him call my name and by the smooth richness of his voice. Softly I asked, "Yeah?"

His brows furrowed and he inquired, "You said we knew each other and that we attended the same highschool. Is that true?"

"Yes," I replied.

"In Nigeria?"

"Yes!"

His forehead creased and a confused look settled on his features. "What relationship did we have?"

I paused and pondered on his question. Should I tell him that I was his girlfriend? No! It might scare him away. I'll just tell him that we were friends. We can start from there. I rose my head and my eyes met his. "We were friends!"

"Friends? How close?"

"Very close! We hang out both in school and after school. We spent a lot of time together. That's how close we were," I replied and smiled. "Don't you remember?"

I just want to hear his reply. Doesn't he remember any single thing from his past?

He pressed his lips into a thin line and stayed quiet. After a while, he added, "I don't remember anything from my past. Weren't you there when I had an asthmatic attack while climbing the school stairs?"

I opened my mouth and shut it immediately.

He doesn't remember that Kate was the one who pushed him.

"I was there!" I responded.

"My mom told me the accident happened in school. I was in coma for two years before I woke up"

"You were really in a coma?" I asked, my mouth slightly opened in shock.

He sighed, "Yes. I was in a coma and when I woke up, I lost all my memories".

"All these happened to you?" I asked through gritted teeth. All these happened to Freddy because of that wicked Kate. I shook my head in disappointment. "I wish I was there with you. I lost contact with your mother when you went to America. I called everyday but it never went through. After eight years, I am glad to see you".

"Really?" He rose a brow. "When we met in your friend's wedding, you didn't seem so happy to see me".

"Huh? How can you say that? I was happy"

"Nah! You were rude"

"That's because you spoilt my mood and you were teasing me. You called me a waitress, remember? You just brought out the fiesty me".

"But we haven't seen for years? A real friend will be extremely happy and would treat me like a king," he responded with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Pfft!" I huffed and rolled my eyes. "I was just trying to act mature and cool. Do you really want to see my reaction when I realized you were the Freddy I have been looking for...for...for eight good years?"

He got curious and an amused smile slipped to his face. "How is your real reaction?"

I rose to my feet since I was sitting on the bench. I smiled. This smile was a big grin on my face. The one that represented the happy state of my heart. After so long, I get to see his lovely face again. I get to mingle with him. I even got so lucky that I'll act a movie with him, Freddy. My one true love! My reaction to this will be a crazy one and I wanted him to see it. So I began to hop around, screaming with joy. I burst into a hearty laughter and hugged him. I leaned away and screamed, "I am so happy!" I even went to the bench and hopped on it.