~•2•~

"It's my wedding day!" Johanna squealed. Her face lit up and she displayed her white teeth as she smiled.

"Johanna, stop shaking. You are disturbing the makeup artist. Don't you want to look pretty today?" I asked as I placed the big white wedding gown on the bed. It was off-shoulder and would fit Johanna. Her curvy figure will be prominent.

"Sorry! Sorry!" Johanna voiced and clasped her hands on her thigh.

I won't be her bridesmaid. Favour will. They are best friends and have known each other since they were two years old. I'm happy for her.

"Congratulations, dear!" I said to Johanna. "I need to leave now. I have get dressed and head to the church. I want to make sure the preparation has been properly done".

"Okay! Sure! I do not want any mistake oo!"

"No problem! I've got your back"

"That's why I love you!"

I used the elevator and got to the big black jeep. The driver took me to the church and I did my best to ensure that the environment was suitable for the wedding. The decorations were complete and properly done. Though the church building wasn't spacious, we arranged the seats in a way that would allow the numerous guests to have a place to sit. We started the occasion with songs and praises to God. We rejoiced for the union between the new couple. The groom and his bestman, occupied the two plastic chairs settled at the front of the altar. His bestman sat behind him. The chair beside the groom wa for the bride. Johanna was a lucky girl. Apart from the fact that her husband was handsome, he was hardworking. One could say he was rich. He was living a comfortable life even though millionaires weren't running in his account. After a few minutes, Johanna and father walked into the church. The organist skillfully played the bridal song as she marched to the groom. Her hand was at the crook of her father's arm. He had a wide grin as he led his daughter to the man of her dream. The moment was touching.

I am at the brink of crying. Tears don't fail me now. This is the first time I've done makeup this month. I don't want it to be destroyed by my tears. I will look like a witch in my friend's wedding.

A woman sat behind me. She was dolled up in a gaudy orange gown. She looked great but the only problem is that she has cough and she kept coughing close to my ear. I was scared that cough would spread to me.

Wahala for me oo! Me and cough don't relate well. We are enemies.

The woman coughed again and again. I could feel her saliva drop on my cheek. Eww! Take God we are at a church. Oh Lord, may this woman change seat. I don't want her beside me oo. In fact, I might change my seat.

We followed the agenda of the ceremony strictly so that we won't delay. After the pastor had prayed them and announced them as husband and wife, I was called to the altar for my special presentation. I had prepared a song for my friend. I wanted this moment to be magical and memorable. Johanna has always asked me to sing for her. She wanted to hear my voice.

Today would be her lucky day. I will sing and the good news is that my voice has improved and it's nice.

I sang my heartfelt song and embraced Johanna. A tear drop trickled down her cheek and she tightened her grip around me.

"You're the best," she whispered into my ear.

"Congratulations, Mrs Johanna Chima" I winked and walked back to my seat.

I was so glad that the coughing woman left the seat behind me. It was empty for a brief moment before a young man occupied it. He slumped on the chair, his long legs slammed my yellow dress. The ladies that are to dance behind the bride all wore yellow and that was what I was wearing. After the wedding, there would be a reception. I wanted my dress to be neat before then. I scrunched my face and adjusted my legs so that my long yellow mermaid gown won't be close to his white shoe. The entrance of the church had sandy soil around it and it had drizzled earlier. The sandy soil was muddy and the sole of the shoe of the young man behind me was having that mud.