~•25•~

~~Freddy's POV~~

OMO! If I should just catch Kate, her story will end fast. I will give her the beating of her life. Trust me. As an upcoming doctor, I know where will pain in the body. I will injure her ehhh, years will past but she won't be able to leave hospital bed. Watch and see".

"Anita, please calm down!" the young man burst into a fit of laughter.

"Prince, don't tell a woman to calm down. Is that clear?"

"Yes, boss lady!" he saluted and chuckled.

"Anita?" a weak voice called out and all our eyes fell on Naomi.

She is awake!

      ×××××××××××××××××××××

"Naomi!" I gasped and rushed to her side.

She blinked her eyes and opened her mouth to say a word or two but none proceeded. Her lips clammed together and our eyes locked. The cool breeze clashed into the room and the sweet melody of birds chirping reverberated. I was drawn into her sparkling dark eyes filled with admiration, our heartbeats in sync as I held her soft hands.

"Naomi," Anita said between sobs. That's when our eye contact broke off. I turned to Anita who slowly made her way to the side of the bed.

I took some steps back so that she could have easy access to her sister. Swiftly, she pulled Naomi into a big embrace. "I'm so happy to see you. I'm so happy. I don't know how to express my joy. The devil tried but he wasn't able to snatch you from this earth. I love you so much, Naomi"

Tears trickled down Naomi's cheeks and she whispered, "I love you too".

I can now hear my heartbeat. I now feel alive. I feel complete. Naomi is back and that's all I need. She is my world and without her, I can never be happy.

Anita and Naomi stayed in their warm embrace for awhile. When they finally parted, Anita still refused to leave her side. She sat still with her fingers and Naomi's entwined. They both got engrossed in their conversation so I decided to give them their space.

However, that didn't stop me from staring endlessly at Naomi. I couldn't even get my eyes off her. I just stood beside the window and watched how the sun rays that escaped through the little gap between the curtains, lit her smooth light skin.

My eyes averted from her when I heard a deep chuckle beside me. I cocked a brow at the annoyingly handsome man at my side. "What's funny?"

"I see you are in love," he said in a calm and modest tone. He then sent a warm smile at me.

Wow! Apart from the fact that he is good-looking, he has this friendly and calm demeanor.

I let out a satisfied sigh and replied, "Yes! I'm in love".

"Wow!"

"What about you?" I asked and wiggled my brows at him. "Are you catching feelings for Anita?"

He paused and his eyes darted to her. While still staring, he shrugged. "I don't know!"

"How can't you not know? Are you happy with her?"

"I am but I don't know if it's love"

"Oh!" I nodded. "Don't worry! If it is love, you won't ever want to let her go. You'll see!"

He chuckled and that's when Anita turned to us. Her eyes locked with Prince. When he smiled, she was hesitant to smile back. I suddenly grew curious.