~•19•~

I want to really thank you guys. You all are amazing readers. Thanks you for all the reads and votes this book has been getting. God bless you all. Soon we will reach 10K reads. I can't wait 💪🏼☺🥺💖

Seriously, I am so happy. Thank you so so much. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

*******

"Naomi baby," Freddy called out to me.

I was shocked by the sudden name and just cocked a brow.

"How should a normal person with a kind heart feel after a breakup?"

"Erm...." I shrugged. "Sad!"

"Hmmm..." he mumbled and bit out of the fried chicken leg he held. "I'm not normal then".

I burst out into a fit of laughter. Everyone in the restaurant snapped their heads at my direction. "Sorry!" I waved at the unexpected audience I got.

"Why are you laughing?" he pouted and bit out of it again. He was literally eating like a caveman. "Do you think I should order ice cream? Maybe I won't look too heartless since I am celebrating my breakup".

I couldn't help it. I held my belly and fell to my knees. The laughter was too overwhelming.

"Stop laughing, baby! It is making me feel bad. I just want to celebrate my freedom. I'm a free bird now," he chuckled. Then, his brows shot up. "I should tell my guys. They need to know".

"That you are a free bird and you can flap your wings and fly?" I chuckled and sat down on my chair.

"Yes, baby! I can flap my wings and fly," he chuckled. Then, he sighed. "But.... I feel guilty that I hurt Kate that way. She is a good person".

I just let out a small cough. "G..g...good person?" I forced out.

"Yeah! She can be sweet and nice when she chooses to be"

"Yeah! Her acting skill is top notch," I mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!" I smiled.

"I might feel guilty about hurting her feelings but I love my freedom," he said and sipped out of his soft drink. "Aren't you going to eat? We need to celebrate".

I nodded.

"Let me get your food," he rose from his chair, wiped his oily hands and walked to the counter.

I am still stunned though. The moment Freddy broke up with Kate, he left the hotel with me trailing behind. He was in the worst mood ever. His narrowed eyes could cause a storm anytime. However, when we got to the restaurant and his tray of food was placed in front of him, his mood changed. There was a smile on his features and he began to celebrate his freedom. He ordered jollof rice with a large fried chicken leg. A soft drink was set beside him and he just ate to his heart content while I sat watching him with a smile on my face.

Later, Freddy returned with a tray in his hand. He set it in front of me and said, "Enjoy, babygirl!"

I chuckled. When my eyes fell on the food, I began to salivate. White rice and chicken pepper soup! I gasped.

"How did you know?" I exclaimed.

"No what?" he sat down and waved to a waiter. "Can you get a cold drink for her?"

The waiter nodded and left.

"How did you know that this is what I was craving?"

His eyes lit up. "I just guessed. Did I really guess well?"