Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

She is, or she isn't?

2.9K 127 44
By book-lover4ever

Hello again! I decided to give you another chapter because I freaking love you, bitches. This chapter is for all my conspiracy theorists' bitches out there. Go on, you know you want to. Let your head and your imagination run wild. I want to see how many of you will start theorising on what Killian thinks of Lacey and her potential connection to Lilly. Do you agree with him, do you not. Does his reason make some sense, or has he finally lost the plot? Do you agree with Mik that the FBI is messing with him? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. 

P.S. Keep a lookout for that giveaway and let me know your ideas on prizes.  

**********

Killian P.O.V

"Have you got it?"

Levi walked into the room with a bewildered look on his face. In his hand, he held a black folder containing what I hope was the information on Lacey.

"Yeah, I got it but..."

He scratched his head and looked at the file then back at me. I knew exactly why he was confused.

"But what?" I asked still.

"This woman looks so much like, Lilly, it's f**king scary."

I smiled, "Yes, she does. The resemblance is uncanny."

"Anyway," he said, handing me the file. "This is everything that I could find on her, but I must say, that husband of hers is a nasty piece of work."

I thanked him and took the folder. Levi refused to go digital, he claimed that getting information the old fashion way is much better than any digital stuff. Levi started working for me after Lilly's accident. I told him that he didn't have to, but he said that it was what Lilly would have wanted.

He left the room and I sat at my desk in my study hesitant to open the file. I knew she wasn't Red, or I was trying very hard to convince myself that she wasn't. Although she looked a lot like my wife, there were some things that were different. Her eyes for one, which was brown, not blue. However, she did display certain qualities like Red.

I've been watching her for the past three weeks and the more I did, the more I was convinced that she was connected to Lilly in some way. I just didn't know how yet.

Taking a much-needed deep breath, I opened up the file. The first thing I saw was her face smiling at me. The image struck me like a hot rod to my heart. I just couldn't get over how much she looked like Lilly.

After staring at her face for a while, I flipped to the next page and read on. The information inside stated that she was thirty, two years younger than Lilly would have been. She was adopted at the age of four by her husband's mother. I guessed that's how she ended up marrying the bastard.

I skimmed over details of her younger life, like where she went to school or college and what subjects she studied. Levi provided pictures of her when she was younger, and it was like I was looking at Lilly. Everything was the same except for her eyes and her hair.

A crazy thought crossed my mind as I thought more about it. I became sure that it might be true in some way. However, I knew that the only way I was going to get my answer was by going to the source directly.

I retrieved the phone from my desk and dialled Mik. He picked up on the second ring.

"Why the f**k are you calling me so early in the morning, don't you sleep like the rest of us normal people?"

I snorted. The idiot is the only person who was brave enough to speak to me like that, and I allowed it because I considered him my brother.

"It's after twelve, dumbass. Get your lazy ass out of bed and start your day like a normal person."

I heard rustling then a soft voice telling him to take his call outside because she was still trying to sleep, and him replying, yes ma'am. It made me smile. I watched how Mik has handed over control of his life to Jessy, and he's not ashamed to admit that his wife wore the pants in the relationship.

I haven't spoken to Jessy since Lilly's funeral, and I knew it's mostly because she blamed me for her death. I wasn't upset about it though, because I blamed myself for her death as well. I did see their kids often. Gemi and Jasper tried to spend as much time at my house as they did their own, and Gabe practically lived here. Their younger daughter would visit whenever Mik decided to bring her.

"It's Sunday. Why are you bothering me on my rest day?"

Mik was a workaholic. He didn't take vacations or days off. So, I was surprised when he came to me a few years back and told me that he was not going to be working on the weekend anymore because Jessy threatened to leave him if he didn't stop.

"F**k, I forgot it was Sunday."

The truth is I did forget. Ever since Lilly's death, I've been working nonstop without rest. Days, months and years meant nothing to me. I drowned myself in work to get away from her ghost that haunted me every day.

"What do you want? Tell me quick so that I can get back to my bed and my wife."

I envied him. I was happy for him, glad that he and Jessy made up, but I still envied him. He had the woman he loved in his bed every night.

"I know that you've been in contact with Lilly's brothers, can you find out from them if Lilly is a twin, or they have another sister that no one else knows about?"

Mik swore, "I'm not even going to ask how you know that, but don't tell me that you think this FBI agent is Lilly's twin or her long lost sister?"

I was considering it. It was the only thing that would explain her similarities to my wife.

"I think it's a very strong possibility."

Mik swore again.

"Miquel, what did I tell you about swearing in the house when the kids are around? Take it in the yard!"

"Sorry, sweetheart. I'll take it in the guest room."

The softness in his tone made me laugh. You'd be a fool to mistake Mik as soft. The fool was almost as cruel as me, but all of that disappears when he's with Jessy. He was more like a house cat than a tiger.

"Look Killian, my wife is upset as it is, so, let's hurry the f**k up with this conversation. I'll check with Lilly's brothers and get back to you if I hear anything. However, I do believe that all this have something to do with the feds."

We talked for a bit more about a few other work-related things, then ended the call. I replaced the handset and picked up the file again, intending to go through it again in case I missed something.

However, just as I was about to, there was a knock on the door signalling my daughter's arrival.

"Dad?"

"Yes, come in, Rosey."

She turned the knob on the door and entered. She had a bright smile on her face as she awkwardly balanced a serving tray with one hand, whiles pushing the door open with the next.

"I made you breakfast." She said when she was finally in the room.

"I can see that."

She looked so much like her mother. She had her long curly hair styled in a messy bun much like her mother used to do.

Lately, she has taken to dressing like her mother used to dress when she was younger. I've seen her going through old photo albums, picking the pieces that she liked and trying to find similar items.

I knew that she missed her mother. She never talked much about her, but I sometimes hear her crying at night for her mum. I wish I could bring her mother back to her and make it all better for both her and Freya.

"I made the eggs and the toasts, but Freya made the coffee."

I helped her with the tray. She leaned forward and kissed my cheeks as I sit down to enjoy the food that she and her sister made. She stayed until I took the first bite, asking if it was any good. I told her that it was delicious, and I loved it, then she turned and skipped out of the room.

"Rosey."

I called her back. She poked her head back into the room and looked at me expectantly. I sighed because I was one hundred per cent against what I was going to do.

After one of our jobs, Mik asked me if I'd rethink my daughter and his son being in a relationship. At first, I wanted to shoot him for even suggesting the idea, but when he explained to me what his some was going through, I started to rethink my position on the whole relationship thing between the two of them.

I knew how I felt about Lilly at his age and if he felt even a little of that towards my daughter, then I knew that he'd protect her with his life and everyone else's if it ever comes to that.

However, I still wasn't convinced that they should be in a relationship when they are older. Must be the parent in me wanting to protect his daughter because I didn't think I'd be happy with her being in a relationship with anyone. I much rather she grows old with ten cats.

I thought back to Lilly's dad reaction to her being with me, and I completely understand why he was the way he was. I was one hundred per cent convinced that his behaviour was justified. However, if I could repeat my life, I'd do things exactly the same, only this time I'd make Lilly mine sooner.

"About Jasper."

Just at the sound of his name, my daughter furrowed her brow. I wasn't sure if I should continue, but I did promise Mik that I'd try. However, if it seems like my daughter was against it, he'd have to find some other f**king way to help his son.

"What about Jasper? Did he say something about Billy Bob again? I promise you, dad, it's not like that at all."

I frowned. I didn't even know this Billy Bob kid and already I hated the little bastard. Now that Jasper has decided not to walk her home, I will have to start dropping her off and picking her up myself. I didn't trust this Billy Bob, and I wanted to make sure he stayed away from my daughter.

"No, he did not, but we will have words later about this Billy Bob kid. Understand?"

She pushed her lips out and slowly nodded her head. I didn't like upsetting her, and I often gave her whatever she wanted, but I definitely wasn't going to give her permission to hang around some little shit name Billy Bob.

"Jasper will no longer be walking you home, and you might see him less frequently as he's transferring to another school."

When Mik told me that his son wanted to be transferred, because he didn't think that he could continue to see Rosey look at him with hate in her eyes, I gave in and conceded.

Rose eyes widened, and she stepped further into the room. Her mouth fell open and she stared in shock.

"But why?"

Her response surprised me. I expected her to be rejoicing in happiness because she is more often than not, very mean to him.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because you told me to make him disappear."

She gasped, "Dad, you did not?!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "You're my daughter and you were crying. I did what any father in my position would have done."

Tears sprung to her eyes. "I was upset, I didn't mean it! I don't want Jasper to be transferred."

I acted surprised. "Didn't you? Oh well, I guess what's done is done. Jasper agreed to leave, so it'll be up to him to agree to stay. I'm just not willing to convince him. You're going to have to do that yourself."

She looked unsure. For a minute I thought that she was reconsidering if she should let him leave or not. However, when she looked up at me, I realised she was unsure about herself.

"What if he hates me, and still wants to leave so he won't ever have to see me again?"

I wanted to tell her that that would never happen, but this was the furthest I was willing to help Jasper's case.

"He's going to be over in a bit to drop off some muffins his mother baked. This might be the last time you see him in a long time. So, if you want to try and convince him, this is it."

I watched as she darted from the room as I sat there wondering if I did the right thing. I wondered if this was something that Lilly would have wanted. I looked over to her picture that was framed on my desk and sighed.

"I really hope this doesn't backfire, baby. I wish you were here to tell me that it's all going to be okay."

My phone rang just at that moment, and I answered it. The stress of my situation was clear in my voice.

"Hello?"

"You've got this, baby. You're doing such a good job without me there. It's all going to be okay. I promise."

My heart squeezed and beat so fast at the sound of her voice. I gripped the phone tighter, almost wondering if my wife was calling me from beyond the grave.

"Ah, hello, Killian? Sorry about that, I was just talking to my son. It's Lacey by the way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
8.8K 345 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...
1.7M 41.2K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...