Anathema [Drarry Fanfiction]...

By jaden_without_a_y

After a fight between Draco and Harry, Dumbledore had finally had enough of their little 'rival' and let thei... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Bonus chapter
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 part 2
More exams...
Guess who's back!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Holiday chapter
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Another A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31, part 1
Chapter 31, part 2
before I ruin your life and the lives of everyone in Hogwarts
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
36.4 K reads and an apology
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 42 part 3
Chapter 42 part 4
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
on hold

Chapter 49

419 11 20
By jaden_without_a_y

Heyyy, guys and gals and all the lovely non-binary pals, how are you all doing?

Are you hydrating? Are you taking care of yourself? Do you need me to come make you a cup of hot chocolate and pancakes?

I'm really sorry for not updating. I feel like I'm saying this every single time, but that's okay. I wanted to actually say something because I felt like I had to, but I don't know what to say or tell you so...
Hi. Again.

*internal crying and confusion engaged*

Happy reading!!

• • • • • • • • • •

Draco and Harry walked down towards the lake, their hands itching to clasp together for comfort. Almost like they needed some reassurance that this wasn't going to end up in a complete shit show.

The wind was whisperings softly through the overgrown grass as they sat down against a nearby tree. Watching the sun shiver against the surface of the lake, Harry cleared his throat. "What did you want to talk about?"

Not that he really needed to ask. He already had an idea about where this was going - if the past few months had been any indication.

Draco seemed reluctant. Maybe even downright terrified. And this wasn't far from the truth. What if Harry decides to end it if I tell him?

What if he hates me?

Will everything go back to the way it use to be? Last names, pathetic insults, scowls...?

No. Draco shook the thoughts out of his head and turned to look at Harry, who was already staring at him intently with that stupid look of worry that was constantly plastered on his face. Nothing can go back to the way it was.

"There's something that I need to tell you" Draco finally answered.

"Well go on then" Harry tried to smile, but that just seemed to make Draco even more nervous.

This wasn't the kind of butterflies Draco could pretend to hate. "Please just know that if I had a choice in any of this, I wouldn't have done it. Not ever" Harry nodded in understanding, but didn't answer. "Remember when I went to the mansion during the bound - when I had to leave so suddenly?"

Harry nodded again; his suspicions only being confirmed with each passing second.

"Well something happened" The Slytherin shuddered. "When I got there, someone- I- Fuck" his eyes shut in guilt. "I'm so sorry, Harry."

Harry swallowed the lump that formed in his throat and motioned to put an arm around Draco, pulling him closer and whispering, "it's okay, Draco."

"No it's not" Draco sniffed, failing miserably to keep himself from crying. "Nothing about this is okay. If I had just said no, then you and the others wouldn't be-"

"- Draco, stop" Harry shook his head gently. "I know what you're going- trying to tell me."

Draco stiffened in Harry's arms and pulled away, his eyes wide and watery. "What...?"

Harry sighed. "I know about Voldemort and the mark. I know about the vile and Theodore" Draco seemed to go numb at his words; and Harry could feel his heart breaking at the hopelessness that swarmed in Draco's eyes. So Harry quickly motioned to cup Draco's cheek. "And I know that you wouldn't have done this if you had a choice in the matter."

"How did y-"

"-Dumbledore."

"He knew?" Draco spluttered. "And he didn't bother to do anything about it?"

Harry shook his head. "It's not like that, Draco. Dumbledore has been trying to resolve the situation for the last few months- years apparently. Snape is helping him too."

"Snape!? As in my godfather Severus Snape?"

Harry nodded again. He knew that this was the only time they would have to talk about what has been happening - so they spent the rest of the day filling each other in on everything.

Draco told Harry about the mark, Blaise, Pansy and Vivian. He told him about the vile and the threats they were receiving from Voldemort. Harry explained the situation with Dumbledore and Snape. He told Draco about what he already knew and, with much reluctantance, told him about the vision he had seen in Divination.

A few moments of silence passed. Draco's head burried in Harry's shoulder while being held tightly against Harry's chest. "I'm sorry" Draco muttered again.

"It's not your fault" Harry smiled, continuing to rub soothing circles on Draco's back. "It's that git without a nose."

"As much as I appreciate your efforts in trying to make things better, I don't think telling bad jokes is the way to go about it" Harry could feel Draco's smile against his skin.

"What are you talking about? My jokes are amazing."

"Keep telling yourself that, love" Draco said, not noticing the choice of nickname. And by the looks of it, Harry didn't either, because he just laughed in response.

"We should probably head back" Harry said after a moment. "I mean, we all should probably talk about this as a group considering we're all in this."

"Okay" Draco sighed. "Give it five more minutes then we can go."

"But, Draco..." Harry whined.

"Harry" Draco responded, not making any effort in moving from his spot on Harry's lap.

"Malfoy."

"Potter."

"Git."

"Arse."

"Prick."

"Mine" Draco smirked when Harry's movements halted. There was no doubt that the Gryffindor would be the same shade as his house colours by now.

"You- you sound awfully confident about that" Harry stuttered out in a failed attempt to sound cocky.

"Oh, I am" Draco said, knowing that he'd already won and that they would be staying right there until it was completely necessary to go inside. "Oh, Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"You never did tell me what a 'cockblock' was."

That night, it was Pansy who stood by the lake as the sky slowly dripped to a blue hue. She played with the top button of her blouse; occasionally looking down to make sure that it was still tucked neatly into her knee-length silk skirt.

So many things could go wrong tonight.

She sighed and looked back at the castle, wondering if, perhaps, this wasn't such a good idea. Of course, there was the option of leaving first - that is if Hermione even decided to show up.

' Don't think like that. She's the one who wrote the letter to tell you to come. '

' She could've changed her mind and decided that she didn't care what my side of the story is. '

' She wouldn't do that. This is Hermione Granger we're talking about. '

She felt like she could start crying with all these thoughts going through her head. All the what-if's and possible outcomes of what tonight might hold was swarming through her head.

And then Hermione appeared, walking out of the castle doors while keeping her head down. She stopped to straighten the skirt, completely unaware of the Slytherin that stood, memorised, by the edge of the lake.

The dress might have been beautiful on the manikin, but it was an entire different story to how it looked on Granger. The only word Pansy could come up with, with the part of her brain that hadn't turned to mush yet, was breathtaking.

The pitch black shade, that faded to royal blue at the end of the skirt, and delicate lace complimented Hermione's tanned skin. Forget the stars - Pansy could swear Hermione's eyes seemed brighter, even from the distance they were apart.

Hermione looked back up, finally content that the few ruffles had straightened out, and skimmed over the grounds. She found herself smiling when she saw Pansy's shadow standing at the distant. All the doupt, she too, had suddenly disappeared.

"You went over your budget" Hermione stated once she had walked over to Pansy.

"I don't have a-" Pansy stuttered, not really having any braincells left to reply with a sarcastic remark. She let out a sigh and smiled, being slightly glad that Hermione probably couldn't see the blush on her cheeks. "You look beautiful."

This time Hermione blushed, but they both knew this wasn't going to be any normal date - was this even a date? The Gryffindor girl didn't spend any more time trying to define what tonight was, and decided to cut right to the chase. That was the entire reason for them to be there.  "So you and Theodore, huh?"

"Hermione, it wasn't like that. I swear" Pansy responded, guilt practically dripping from her tone. "You have no idea how much I regret what happened."

Hermione sighed. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I was embarrassed" Pansy confessed. "I didn't want you to think any less of me - not after we had gotten so close."

Hermione stayed silent, remembering when they had first started being somewhat friends - and this was before the entire Harry and Draco situation. This was their secret, of course.

Pansy had sat down to study with Hermione one evening, claiming that Draco was too busy being distracted in his pointless rant about Potter while Blaise listened with, much forced, intent. Hermione had only scowled and told Pansy to be quiet - this continued through their O.W.L.S and the two had found eachother to be rather good company.

This is how Pansy had known Hermione wasn't in any relationship, other than friendship, with Ron.
This was also the reason Hermione wasn't so against sitting at the Slytherin table when Harry and Draco had first got the bound.

"I guess that makes sense" Hermione muttered, still upset. "Why did you let him walk all over you then? Pansy, I don't give a shit that you and Nott shagged - we weren't even together, I have no right to be angry... But, I am. I'm bloody upset that some prat used you and you let him. I'm upset that you couldn't trust me enough to even tell me."

Pansy winced slightly at her words, but stayed quiet as Hermione laced their fingers together. Her skin tingled as the girl's fingers ghosted over her knuckles. "I wouldn't have thought differently of you, and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that I overrated."

Pansy smiled, looking up at Hermione. "I'm sorry too. And you were right, I should have just told you when you had asked."

Hermione nodded teasingly, the atmosphere grew thick with anticipation. Hermione had read enough novels to know what happens now, and, judging by the way Pansy's breath was slightly hitched, the Slytherin knew too.

Pansy opened her mouth to say something, but Hermione quickly cut her off - she didn't need another classic Slytherin move.

Hermione's hand moved to Pansy's cheek, stroking her thumb against the blushed skin as their lips pressed together. Softly. Pansy quickly responded by trailing her hands towards Hermione's hips, pulling her closer that way.

(A/N I suck at describing kisses so please accept an apology with this crap excuse of a description 🌈)

Pansy's brows furrowed unintentionally as Hermione pulled in deeper, nibbling at her bottom lip almost hesitantly. The Slytherin felt Hermione smile as her lips parted slightly, allowing their tongues to skim together in a first attempt - this was the first time they both had ever kissed eachother like this. Hermione's free hand skated towards Pansy's hair, brushing her fingers through the chocolate strands that held a scent of cherries.

Smiling as they broke apart for a quick second to catch their breath, Hermione's hand moved from cupping the dark haired girl's cheek to keeping her close by the back of the neck. Pansy felt her cheeks flush even more as she traced her fingers across the laced fabric, admiring the dip caused by Hermione's hips.

With racing hearts and staggering breaths, they allowed themselves to end the kiss. Hermione felt as though she was still floating - unable to open her eyes as Pansy set their foreheads together. If she had opened her eyes, however, she would have seen the Slytherin's flushed cheeks and lopsided grin.

" 'mione?"

Hermione hummed in response, continuing to play with Pansy's hair.

"I... I think I love you."

The End.

Bitch, I'm totally kidding.

Hermione opened her eyes, smiling like a first year getting their wand as she replied, "I think I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 234 12
Pansy gets tired of Draco and Harry fighting, and asks a friend to help stop it. Soon they find out the two boys' relationship exists on a very fine...
84.9K 1.8K 20
Harry and Hermione upset their dear redheads and now its them against the world. Well, then and a group of slytherin who are trying to get them toget...
248K 7.2K 29
After defeating Voldemort, Harry blames himself for all of the lives lost in the war. He feels numb and the only person that can seem to lift his spi...
264K 9.3K 24
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy: bitter enemies! Or are they? Despite their differences, Draco and Harry's lives merge into a sappy and romantic pat...