Chapter 44

The voice of the Divination teacher, Trelawney, droned on in the background of Harry's thoughts. He was too focused on the emotionless glare his boyfriend was giving the crystal ball.

He smiled slightly and turned back to focusing on the lesson, not before glancing back at his sleeping red headed friend and nudging him.

Ron only mumbled a disagreement, or insult, Harry would never know, and continued sleeping.

"Now, I want you to look into the ball and focus" The professor's voice came back into reality, and Harry looked at the empty sphere. The glass mocking him with his own reflection. "Focus on anything. A memory, a person, a feeling... The first thing that pops into your head."

This reminded Harry too much of all his other classes; the stupid crystal ball was less accurate than his nightmares. Then Sirius came to mind. Following close behind - Lucius.

A fog of colour sparked in the ball, and Harry flinched slightly. He wasn't sure if he wanted to relive that day. So he thought of Draco.

He thought of the butterflies that erupted in his stomach whenever Draco was close. He thought of the comforting feeling of Draco's kisses. He just thought of him.

Another colourful fog swirled in the sphere, and Harry looked at it curiously.

Draco was in the bathroom. Crying.

His hair was a mess, sweat prickled nervously on his pale skin and his sweater was thrown onto the floor. The blonde boy looked defeated as he stared into the small bathroom mirror.

Harry was there too - hidden behind the wall and watching the scene in front of him.

Then Draco noticed him. "Harry... What are you doing here?" His voice was cold.

"I" The Gryffindor hesitated. "I know what you did, Draco."

Harry watched the ball confusedly, but said nothing as the scene transformed into a fight. Draco throwing the first spell.

"Sectumpesmpra!"  Then strange words left Harry's mouth, and he watched as the glint in his lover's eyes faded - and his white shirt staining into lines of red.

"No!" Harry yelled suddenly and knocked the crystal down, immediately drawing attention from everyone in the room.

"Mr Potter" The teacher addressed him hesitantly. "Is everything alright?"

"I" Harry looked across the room and saw the familiar silver. Draco was looking at him cautiously and fear in his own features. It wasn't easy to tell, but to Harry... He'd seen that expression on Draco's face more than enough to know what it meant. "I have to go."