Chapter 21

Malfoy paced impatiently across his bedroom - his shoes made a faint clacking against the polished floor with each step.

' if they hadn't found out about Harry and I... Then why was I called back? ' Draco pondered worriedly. ' I haven't failed any of my classes and I've been keeping up with my Quidditch practices. '

He grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it angrily at the door; immediately hitting a house elf who happened to pop in his room.

"Oh! Dobby, I am so sorry-" Draco rambled and stumbled towards the small shaky elf.

"Is master Draco alright? Dobby can see that master Draco is looking upset" Dobby observed hesitantly - Lucius had a habit of lashing out whenever Dobby questioned his wellbeing, so he was always hesitant about asking Draco about his since their looks and behavioura had many similarities.

"I'm fine, thank you, Dobby" Draco sighed. "What do you need?" He brushed off the worried aura of the small elf.

"Master Malfoy has asked Dobby to retrieve master Draco to come down stairs" Dobby smiled his crooked smile.

"Thank you, Dobby" Draco sighed. "And how many times have I told you to call me Draco whenever it's just us - alone?" Draco chuckled.

"I apologise mast- Draco" Dobby shook his head. "Dobby forgets..."

Draco had been asking his father to withdraw Dobby's position as house elf for years - so he could finally be free. Of course, his father dismisses the idea entirely. Dobby and Draco actually had a good relationship; a friendship - almost.

Unfortunately, whenever they had company Draco was forced to put on his mask.

A mask that suddenly seems to fall whenever he is met with those forest jade eyes...

~ Meanwhile ~

"- and that is how you preform the conjuration charm" the professor stated with a grin. "As I said students, all you need is focus and you will gain the best results in your spells!"

"That's all for today's lesson. Your homework will be to present an essay on the negative and positive effects of the conjuration charm. Enjoy the rest of your evening; class dismissed."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief and started piling out of the door - Blaise being one of the first to shoot out of the classroom. Upon exiting the classroom, Pansy was met with the smirking face of Nott.

"I heard that Draco was summoned to the manor" he stated. "It seems your time to make a decision is coming to an end."

Pansy looked around and dragged him to the nearest empty hallway. "I do not need your attitude right now, Theodore. I've got enough to deal with and your constant interference isn't helping!"

"And what exactly could be more important than this?" Theodore scoffed. "What? Is that 'little miss perfect' too distracting?" He taunted.

Pansy felt her fists clench at his tone. Merlin how she wish she could wipe that smug smile off his face! Surely he must know that when Draco accepts he will be-

Then it hit her.

"Draco" Pansy gasped.

"What about him?" Theodore scoffed and crossed his arms.

"I need to go"

***

"Hermione, have you seen Harry?" Pansy panted as she approached the courtyard.