promises ❥ harry potter x fem...

By ilyhjp

falling for the chosen one, what could go wrong? maybe some promises were meant to be broken in the end. bec... More

welcome!
main cast
1.1 king's cross station
1.2 the sorting ceremony
(1-2) oh, how fast time flies by
3.1 the leaky cauldron
3.2 if you would like to?
3.3 the hippogriff
3.4 flying into your heart
3.5 impervius!
3.6 the marauder's map
3.7 snowmen
3.8 time turner
3.9 happy goodbyes
4.1 the quidditch world cup
4.2 for you
4.3 i'm not an owl
4.4 the first task
4.5 dance practice
4.6 jealousy
4.7 the yule ball
4.8 the second task
4.9 promise?
4.10 the third task
5.1 distance
5.2 grimmauld place
5.3 anger
5.4 professor umbridge
5.5 you and me
5.6 the DA
5.7 infatuated
5.8 DA meetings
5.9 christmas
5.10 raining cats and dogs
5.11 patronus
5.12 sirius black
5.13 the courtroom
6.1 weasley's wizard wheezes
6.2 runes
6.3 quidditch tryouts
6.4 the three broomsticks
6.5 lavender brown
6.7 melted souls
6.7 like lightning
6.8 oh ronald!

6.6 jealously, jealously

4.5K 112 523
By ilyhjp

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist," Ron told us as the three of us walked down the crowded hallway.

"What Lav and I have, well," Ron chuckled as we turned the corner. "Let's just say, there's no stopping it."

Harry chuckled awkwardly as Ron strutted down the hallway.

"It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent."

Hermione refused to be in the same room as Ron, besides class, so the only times we were able to talk to her together was in the library.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less," Hermione ranted as she placed the books back on their respective shelves.

"Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together?" Hermione took a sharp breath before continuing. "Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I had to make other arrangements."

Harry and I trailed behind Hermione as she finished putting the last book on the shelf.

"Have you?" I asked as the three of us leaned against the table. "Who are you bringing then?"

"Um," Hermione looked around. "It's a surprise."

I watched as someone caught Hermione's eye as she moved next to Harry.

"See that girl over there." Hermione motioned with her head towards the other end of the aisle. "That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

I looked over to see Romilda Vane, nearly drooling as she stared at Harry. I scoffed as she started biting her pen, looking at Harry seductively.

I grimaced as I glanced away, disgusted as I crossed my arms.

"Hermione?"

"Yeah?" Hermione turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry in advance."

"Sorry for what-"

I pulled Harry by the collar, making sure that we were in Romilda's view as my lips slammed against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I deepened the kiss.

I pulled away and glanced at Romilda, who was now glaring at me. I gave her a fake smile as I looked her up and down.

I heard Harry snicker as I turned to look at him, an amused expression plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Harry responded, his face upturned in a large smile.

"Anyways, what were you saying?" I asked Hermione, who still looked stunned. 

"Nevermind," she said quickly, spinning around to look for another book. 

Harry and I spent a few hours with Hermione in the library, sitting with her as she ranted whilst finishing her homework. The sky quickly darkened as Hermione pushed us out of the library, telling us that she couldn't focus with us looming over her assignments. 

"Was that jealousy?" Harry snickered as we left the library.

"I was not jealous," I retorted as we turned the corner. "She was just being a little too explicit with her feelings."

"So jealousy."

I turned to look Harry in the eye. "I was not jealous!"

"Sure," Harry stifled his laugh as he raised his eyebrows at me. "You know, if you want, I could snog you whenever she comes into my sight."

"Like I said, it was not jealousy," I hid my smile as we started walking again. Harry grabbed my hand as we made our way down the hall.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes to what," I asked obliviously.

"To the snogging thing."

"Harry, no!" I laughed as I looked at him. "You're just finding more reasons to snog me aren't you."

"Caught me," Harry said playfully as we walked near the common room. I bit back a grin as his fingers interlocked with mine, his thumb grazing the top of my hand softly.

"Wonder what Ron's doing," I said as we turned the corner. "There's no way he doesn't miss Mione."

"Probably snogging Lavender," Harry snickered. He turned to look at me with a playful glint in his eye. "We can do what they're doing right now if you want."

"I do not want to share spit with you," I retorted playfully, nudging his shoulder. I let out a snicker as Harry nudged me back, nearing the common room.

"You just did that in the library," Harry reminded me innocently. We stopped in front of the portrait hole as Harry murmured the password. The door swung open as we stepped inside, Harry stopping in front of the girl's staircase. 

"Well, goodnight m'lady," Harry joked as he bowed jokingly. "Hope you had a fantastic evening."

I stifled my laugh as I bowed back. "It was fantastic. Goodnight."

Harry winked as I rolled my eyes, walking up the stairs towards the empty dorm room. 

~~~

"Morning," I said as I slid into the seat next to Harry as Ron downed an entire cup of pumpkin juice.

"Sitting with me this morning?" Ron grumbled as he looked wistfully at Hermione, who was eating her oatmeal as she read from her textbook. "You usually sit with Hermione."

"Hermione said that she wanted to study for her Arithmancy exam," I said as Harry handed me a piece of buttered toast.

"Ron!" A familiar girlish giggle echoed behind me as I glanced over my shoulder to see Lavender Brown and Pavarti Patil walking down the table towards us.

Harry and I tensed up as Lavender slid into the seat next to Ron, forcefully wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hi." Parvati said awkwardly as she slid into the seat next to Lavender, looking slightly embarrassed as the three of us watched Lavender aggressively slam her lips against Ron's.

I blinked a couple times before turning to look at Parvati, attempting to ignore the make-out session happening across from me.

"Hi Parvati," I responded, giving her a small smile as I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around to see Hermione grinning brightly at Parvati, a complete 180 of her personality from earlier.

"Hi Pavarti! Are you going to Slughorn's Christmas Party tonight?" Hermione asked brightly, completely ignoring Ron and Lavender as she beamed.

I raised my eyebrows at Harry, who looked equally as confused.

"No invite," Parvati said glumly as she picked at the toast she was eating. "I would've loved to go, it sounds amazing. You're going aren't you?"

"Yes! I'm meeting Cormac at eight. We're-"

Lavender gasped slightly as Ron pushed Lavender away, looking up at Hermione with shock.

Hermione cleared her throat, acting as if Ron was nonexistent as she finished her sentence. "We're going up to the party together, hand-in-hand."

My jaw dropped to the floor as I turned to look at Harry, who's eyes were so wide I thought they would pop out of their sockets.

"Cormac?" Parvati's eyes widened as she looked up at Hermione. "Cormac McLaggen?"

"That's right," Hermione said sweetly as she ignored Ron's shocked expression. "The one who almost became Gryffindor Keeper."

"Are you going out with him then? I mean he's in the Slug Club too," Parvati asked in shock.

"Oh yes!" Hermione said with the most un-Hermione-ish giggle. "Didn't you know? He's so amazing, you see. Better than anything I could've imagined."

"Well, I didn't know that!" Parvarit's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as she stared at Hermione. "Wow, you really like Quidditch players, don't you? I mean it was Krum and now McLaggen."

"I like really good Quidditch players Parvarti," Hermione corrected loudly as I continued to pick at my plate awkwardly. "Well, I'll see you later, Pavarti. Have to get ready for the party, you see."

Hermione turned around proudly as she marched towards the entrance of the Great Hall. Harry and I looked at each other with dumbfounded surprise as Ron stared blankly at the table.

~~~

I quickly tided up my light makeup as I brushed my hair one more time. I looked in the mirror to check the beautiful gray dress I was wearing. I spun around in circles as I smiled contently. I slipped on my small heels as I rushed out of the room.

"Well, you look dashing," I noted as I walked down the dormitory stairs to see Harry standing there wearing a black suit.

I smiled at Harry who stood there happily, his arm extended. I linked my arm with his as we exited the common room.

"You look gorgeous," Harry grinned nervously at me as we walked towards the party.

"Are you nervous?" I laughed as we turned the corner.

"Maybe a little."

"What is there to be nervous about?" I nudged him playfully. "Relax!"

"Okay, okay," Harry couldn't stop grinning as he stared at me.

I was blinded by a white flash as Colin Creevy stood in the doorway.

"Hello! I'm here to take some photos!"

"Oh, hello Colin!" I said as we made our way inside. The room was decorated with streamers and was bustling with people, music playing in the background.

"Would you two like a better photo?" Colin asked.

"Do you?" I asked Harry as he nodded quickly. Harry and I turned to look at Colin who started counting down. I smiled as Harry's arm found its way around my waist.

"3..2..1!"

The white light once again blinded me as a photo popped out of Colin's camera.

"You two can have this!" Colin exclaimed as he was pulled away by another group of people. I gladly took the photo as I looked over it.

"Harry!" I laughed as I pointed at the photo. Harry was staring at me as I looked into the camera, the both of us smiling. "You were supposed to look directly at the camera."

Harry leaned over my shoulder to check the photo. "Well, I didn't know we were supposed to look at the camera that early."

I shook my head playfully as I gave the photo to Harry. "My dress doesn't have pockets, make sure you give this back to me."

Harry took the photo out of my hand as he placed it neatly inside his pocket.

"Drink?"

I turned around to see Neville standing behind us, holding a platter of champagne.

"Neville!" I exclaimed happily. "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't get into the Slug Club," Neville shrugged as he handed me a glass of champagne. "It's okay, though. He's got Belby hanging up towels in the loo."

I gratefully took the cup out of his hand as he handed one to Harry. I took a sip, the cold drink bubbling in my mouth.

"I'm fine, mate. Thanks," Harry said quickly as Neville placed the cup back on the platter.

"Okay, have a good time!" Neville waved before making his way to the other side of the room. I followed him as my eyes found Hermione standing alone behind a curtain. I tugged Harry's sleeve as we made our way towards her.

"Hermione, what are you doing? What happened to you?" I asked as Harry lifted the curtain so I could enter first.

"Oh, I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe," Hermione sighed as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Why would you pick Cormac?" Harry grumbled as he looked revolted. "I mean did you really not have a better option?"

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most," Hermione said anxiously as she looked around. "He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant."

"Dragon tartare?" A waiter ducked under the curtain and held out a plate of interesting brown colored spheres. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at the dish questionably.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," Hermione whispered as she glanced around the room nervously.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter shrugged as he began to make his way out of the curtains.

Just as he said that, Hermione snatched the dish out of his hand as she started to shove the tartare into her mouth.

"On second thought, it might keep Cormac away. God, here he comes," Hermione shoved the plate at Harry and ducked under the curtains barely escaping as Cormac entered the balcony.

"Hermione!" I whispered as I followed her.

"I think she just went to powder her nose." I could hear Harry say as I ran after Hermione.

"Hermione!"

I reached out and grabbed her wrist. Hermione seized up from shock before realizing it was me.

"Oh, thank heavens it's you. I thought it was Cormac," Hermione shivered as we made our way across the room.

"Even though it would make Ron jealous, Cormac? Really?" I questioned as people passed by us, music blasting in the background.

"I regret it, trust me."

"Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib!"

Hermione and I turned to look at Filch holding Draco Malfoy by the collar of his black suit as he pulled him inside.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party."

"Okay, okay! I was gatecrashing! Happy?" Draco said quickly as he nervously looked around.

"I'll escort him out," Snape's voice echoed as he stepped next to Draco. The room was dead silent as everyone watched Draco stare at Snape intensely.

"Certainly, professor."

I watched as Professor Snape and Draco left the room, the crowd whispering amongst themselves.

"Alright everyone, carry on! Carry on!" Professor Slughorn waved his hands around as the music resumed.

As I turned to look at Hermione, I noticed Harry leaving the party after them. I furrowed my eyebrows as I started walking towards the door towards him.

"Y/N!" Hermione reached out and grabbed my wrist.

"Please don't leave me alone. Cormac's coming," she pleaded as I watched Cormac making his way towards us.

"Hello ladies," Cormac puffed out his chest as he stood in front of us.

I pulled Hermione behind me as I gave him a fake smile. "Oh, hello."

"Hermione, I was wondering where you were. I keep on losing you, it's almost like you're avoiding me," Cormac laughed loudly as he took a sip out of his cup. "But that wouldn't make any sense."

I looked behind me to see Hermione wearing a fake smile, chuckling awkwardly as she looked around nervously.

"I'm sorry Cormac, but I must take Hermione away from you tonight," I said in a fake bright tone. "I'm sure there are many other pretty girls here who would love attention from a brilliant man like you."

Cormac chuckled as he nodded at me. "I see you understand my charm. Pity that you're with Potter, we would've been good together. Then, I'll catch you two later."

I watched as he walked away whistling, my face morphing into absolute disgust.

"Brilliant man?" Hermione stifled her laugh as she turned to look at me.

"It was the only way to get him away," I cringed as I recalled the conversation. "Please do not ever bring up that conversation again."

"I won't and thanks for saving me," Hermione nudged me playfully. I laughed as I took two glasses of champagne off a waiter's tray and handed one to Hermione.

"Cheers then?"

"Cheers," Hermione smiled as we clinked our glasses loudly. I kept my eyes on her as she took a sip of the champagne, her shoulders sagging a little. 

"So," I began as I turned to look at Hermione attempting to brighten up the mood, "what was that whole thing with Lavender and Ron earlier. To be honest, I've never seen Harry's eyes widen that much."

To my surprise, Hermione's lip started quivering, the back of her hand wiping a stray tear falling from her left eye. 

"Oh, Hermione," I said sympathetically as I placed down my glass, pulling her into a tight hug. "It's okay."

"He's so stupid," Hermione emphasized the last word as she cleared her throat, pulling away. "Never mind that, we're at a party."

Before I could say anything else, I heard someone clear their throat as I spun around. 

"Hello Y/N, how are you doing?"

"Blaise!" I exclaimed. "I'm doing fantastic, how about you?"

"Just the same, you look nice tonight," Blaise said warmly. I looked at Hermione in slight surprise before responding.

"Oh, thank you very much. You as well." I quickly sipped from my cup as I watched the door, hoping Harry would return soon.

"So where's your date?" Blaise asked lightly as he took a glass of champagne from a waiter. "Didn't see Potter anywhere."

"Ah, I think he went to go use the loo," I commented, looking around for him. "I'm sure he'll be back soon though."

"I see," Blaise nodded. "So, how has your day been?"

"It's been good, the party has been great so far," I responded with a small smile. "Yours?"

"Good, even better now that I'm talking with you."

I chuckled nervously as I nodded my head. "That's great to hear."

"Zabini!"

I turned around to see Harry walking up towards us. "What are you doing here?"

"Talking to a friend."

"A friend?" Harry looked at me then back at Blaise. "She is not your friend, Zabini."

Blaise laughed mockingly as he put his drink down. "Keep telling yourself that, Potter."

I watched as the two glared at each other before I spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Blaise, but we'll be going now," I said apologetically as Harry and I walked away.

"Oh, so he's Blaise to you?" Harry asked once we were out of earshot.

"Stop it, Harry."

"When did you two get so close?"

"We are not close," I said quietly as people bustled around us. "Anyways, he's the one who came up to me first so drop it."

Harry scoffed loudly as he glared at Blaise from across the room. "Let's get out of here."

"You just came back?" I questioned as Harry grabbed my wrist and pulled me out aggressively.

"Where are we even going?" I asked as Harry turned around the corner into a dark hallway.

"Shut up and kiss me."

"What?" I asked in surprise. I looked around the empty hallway. "You're crazy. What are you-"

Harry's lips slammed against mine aggressively as his hands made their way on my hips. My eyes widened before I closed them, his tongue sliding into my mouth. My back hit the wall as my arms wrapped around his neck.

We broke apart for breath as Harry started trailing kisses down my neck.

"What are we doing in an empty hallway?" I breathed.

"Shut up," Harry said before he kissed the side of my neck aggressively. I closed my eyes as my hands made their way to his hair.

"Okay," Harry panted as he pulled away after a while and examined my neck. "Good."

"Good what?" I asked as he wrapped his hand around my waist as we walked back towards the party. My eyes widened as I saw the hickeys, quickly placing my hair over in an attempt to conceal them.

Harry didn't respond as we opened the door, the bright light blinding us as we entered the room. I saw Harry looking around before calling out a name.

"Hey Zabini!"

I turned around to see Blaise walking towards us as Harry lifted up my hair, showing the love bites on my neck. My eyes widened as I turned to look at a smug Harry.

"Yeah, so don't talk to her again," Harry smirked at Blaise, who looked taken aback.

"Harry, what the hell are you doing?" I whispered aggressively as Blaise turned around.

"He was being a slick git," Harry whispered back as I placed my hair over my neck. "He won't bother you again."

"Did you really need to do that?" I scoffed as I watched the bustling party.

"Didn't you do that with Romilda?" Harry asked teasingly as we stood next to each other.

"That's different!" I whispered as I turned to look at him, a smug smile on his face. "A small snog and love bites are two polar opposite things."

"Mhm. Keep telling yourself that," Harry snickered as he placed his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

A small smile crept up on my face as Hermione rushed over.

"Where have you two been?! I've been looking for you everywhere."

"Uh, the loo," I quickly made up as Slughorn began talking loudly.

"Together?" Hermione raised her eyebrows at me as I turned to look at Slughorn.

"No, he waited for me outside." I gave her a look telling her to drop the conversation. She snorted quietly as the three of us listened to Slughorn.

"Well, thank you all for coming tonight. I've had a wonderful time talking to you all and I hope you enjoyed it as well. Now, pip pip! Off the bed, the lot of you!"

Murmurs of "thank you's" and "goodbyes" were heard as the three of us left the party.

"That was..." Hermione began as we turned a corner. "Eventful."

"I would say the same thing," I responded as we reached the portrait hole. I looked to my left to see Harry smirking at me.

"Gingerbread."

The portrait hole swung open as we made our way inside.

"Alright, goodnight Harry," Hermione said as she began making her way up the stairs. 

I turned to look at Harry, a small smile on my face as I nudged my head towards Hermione. 

"She's not feeling too good, I think it would be best if I went with her right now."

"Okay," Harry said softly, kissing my cheek lightly as he turned around, saluting with his right hand. "Good night, love you."

"Good night," I called back as he winked, walking backwards up the boy's staircase. "Love you too." 

I watched as Harry disappeared from sight, quickly running up the stairs to meet Hermione. I cracked open the door to see Hermione laying on her bed, her back turned away from the door. Sniffles were audible as I pretended to not hear, changing into my pajamas. I quickly crept into my bed as I glanced over at Hermione, tear tracks visible down her face. 

(7/7/21)

A/N:

helllooooo i am back FINALLY LMAOOO few things i want to clear up: 

1. sorry for being away so long - a literal 3 months i am very sorry. i just needed a break from social media but i am back. 

2. i can't promise a specific day for updates anymore, but maybe once a week? i have no idea but i'll let u guys know in my message board if ur interested! 

3. WTF 85k VIEWS?? the last time i was active it was 40k thank u guys wtf <333 

4. i feel so bad for hermione

5. love you guys and go eat or drink some water <3 ALSO i missed pride month so happy (late) pride month! stay safe babes : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.2K 80
𝓐𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙭 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ...
310K 8.2K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...
727 23 10
Everyone in the wizarding world knows the story of the Potter's. James Potter who died that faithful night in 1981, Stephanie Potter who lived at the...
37.6K 1.1K 19
A Sirius Black love story Watching the Movies POA: started OOTP: incomplete THBP: incomplete DH part 1: incomplete DH part 2: incomplete STARTED: 09...