Return of the ancients (boyxb...

Por krissy1306

A young man caught between finding out who is he and the fear of another wolf pack. Only to find out that som... Mais

Return of the ancients
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
final chapter 38

chapter seven

9.6K 369 19
Por krissy1306

Chapter 7

With the problems occurring and a pack of wolves testing the Alpha. Life had skipped a week without a blink of the eye. Besides having pack problems, a son was hiding something from him. Nathanial promised never to order his children to reveal secrets about their personal lives. However Zero was not just some child, he was the future of this pack, the next Alpha. The night before Zero snuck out of the house. Alpha Blackwood called his best tracker to tail his son. Daren had reported that Zero was going to Langdon's, suspiciously through the window.

Earlier tonight Nathanial listened to the pack of teens greet and welcome Cherry into the pack and their lives. His eye stayed on his son Zero was looking grim. His son was staying on the phone. Whoever was on the other end was more important than hanging out with pack members.

Just like every morning, Zero walked out of his bedroom looking refreshed. Vera asked him how Langdon was doing. Did she know something he does not? Zero replied that he just had checked on him and he was doing fine. He was still nervous about the wolves around. All he will say is that they mean as much harm as they can.

"Dad?"

Nathanial stood with his arms crossed, "You've been keeping him company?"

"Yeap, just like I promised. I won't let anyone harm him. Whatever it takes I’m going to keep that promise."

Nathanial slowly nodded. Hell maybe he needed to trust his son more. Actually, there was no reason not to trust him.

"When's he coming back over?" Amber skipped into the kitchen, "I'm mad at him for not shaving your head."

"What?" Zero looked over at her.

"Nothing!" Amber quickly bolted to the Alpha. Stood up on her toes and kissed his cheek. "I love you daddy!" Nathanial laughed at his children's actions. He had to agree with his daughter, he had one cool family.

Vera was looking on the grim side herself. Clearing his throat, she looked over at her. "You boys will be late." A smile reached her lips but not her eyes. Dropping it for now, he will pick this up later after the pack meeting. Full moon is coming. Have to get everyone out to the cabins, six days and counting.

DAY ONE:

May and June was causing some curious looks. They had baked a large tin of cookies. If anyone got close to the tin, the person was scolded. Then told they could not have any of the cookies. This included the Alpha and Betas. Testing the waters the Alpha sent in Zero.

"What are my girls doing?"

"Hi Zero!" May yelled, June hugged him.

So far normal, "We're baking cookies!" June shot a bright smile.

"Awe cookies, I love your guys cookies."

Both girls frowned, eyed the rack of cooling cookies. June looked towards May who was gnawing on her lip. Each grabbed one cookie and handed it to Zero.

"No more, they're not for you."

Zero's jaw dropped, "Ouch, my girls turned against me. Who are you cheating on me with?"

Both sang, "Langy!"

"Langdon!" Zero laughed, "I'll kill him." Even though his beast knew, it was a joke. Zero cringed and his beast whimpered.

"No! You can't touch him, he's our friend." May had this look about her. Like something was on her mind.

"May baby, talk to me." Zero took a seat by the counter.

"Nothing really, June and I feel like we've met him before. Like he's helped us."

"We trust him. He would never hurt us." June was soft spoken.

The Alpha stepped forward, "Where do you think you know him from?"

June looked frustrated, as if she had tried so hard to remember before. All May did was shake her head, "We don't know. Maybe it's his happiness."

"His beast?" the Alpha asked. He thought this was a clue. Should have known, it was May and June. He stole and cookie and pointed at Zero. Who received a towel to his face by May.

Right when the house was supposed to be asleep. The Alpha once again watched his son run over to a friend’s house. Too bad, he did not have eyes or ears inside Langdon's room.

DAY TWO:

Zero stood at his father's den for a moment before knocking. A pause was slightly heard before allowing entrance. Stepping in, he should his neck.

"With your permission, I just want you to listen until I'm finished."

"Okay Zero," the Alpha sat back in the chair waited for his son to speak.

"I've been sneaking out of the night for a while. I have been watching over Langdon and his mom. She doesn't know a promise to Langdon. I know you are still worried about my mate. Hmm, I have found my mate but! it's someone I would have never guessed in a lifetime. I'm still getting use to the idea. All I ask is for you to give me a little more time. Then I promise I'll bring my mate straight to you.

"I just found out that two of the wolves are keeping track of us school goers. Josh, Aaron and I have a game plan. We told the high scholars to meet at the pack house. Every morning everyone is to stay in the group that they are assigned to. If one of the students’ needs to stay after, the whole car does. Carter's van is in need of a little repair. I have ordered a new starter for it Aaron is getting the windshield. Josh is getting the tires. Once all of it comes in, I will put it together. So far, they are not looking into anyone else, just the high school.

"I've noticed mom is down. The girls wanted to go out. So, my betas and I were talking. We were thinking about planning a night to where we will take all the teens out. I thought that maybe you could take the opportunity to take mom out for a night. I'll have Amber with me and make sure she's good." Taking in a deep breath, "I'm done."

Nathanial leaned back in his chair. The boy came straight out and told the truth. He did not try to cover nothing up. Zero was keeping a promise. The decision to stay over at Langdon’s home was good thinking on his part.

"We're going to the cabin shortly. Do you think you can handle being away from your mate?"

"Working on that. My mate freaked out once I explained what was going on. By the way not in the pack."

"Are you afraid I will not approve?"

"Actually I am. Right now, I need to learn to handle it. As I said, I would not have guess this person in a lifetime. Not that this person isn't a good person, which they are." Zero wiped his face, "Really hard for me to explain."

"I can see that. Do you approve of this mate?"

Zero nodded, "I do just I don't know how you or the pack with see this."

"Okay, I'll leave it be for a short time. A week, then you will bring your mate to me."

Zero swallowed, only a week.

Far as the plan, the Alpha liked it. Hearing that the future of the pack was walking the grounds of the high school before and after school was impressive. They were already working on together. Making sure that the pack was taking care of.

DAY THREE:

Running the woods beside their fathers the boys was given more responsibility once again. Proud that the three dominate men trusted them. Whoever these wolves were, trouble followed them closely. Unable to find out where they came from was becoming a chore. Calls were made to other packs asking if they had encountered a situation like this. In hopes, someone knows something.

Josh slid to a stop as his nose came over a scent.

'Josh?' Gregory stopped with the others.

'Someone's close,' each wolf inhaled.

Zero knew that scent, 'Its Langdon.'

'I think Bailey is with him.' Aaron sniffed again.

'Come on,' the Alpha leads the way to find out where they were.

Coming to a clearing, a dark haired woman was walking with a backpack. She would stop here and there to pick up a flower. Her head would turn in every direction, while her eyes were everywhere.

'That's Bailey,' Aaron said.

'Where's Langdon?' Zero was now getting worried.

Bailey looked around for a moment before speaking. "Alright Langdon, I'm eating without you!" she yelled.

Sitting down the backpack, she took off a blanket. She threw out the blanket for them to sit on, "Langdon!" Looking around, she bit her finger. "Don't you dare do this to me. You know how I worry!"

Suddenly, a giant thin black silky wolf jumped out of the brushes and over her head. Bailey turned just in time to see him land several feet away. The wolf turned and plopped down on its stomach. A small cute laugh came from her.

"Langdon, you were there the whole time?"

He shook his head. Bailey walked over and hugged her massive son. Slowly he rose; his head was just above hers.

'Look at him!' the Alpha was excited the other wolves were stunned to silence. 'His coat, black as night!'

'His coat looks different from ours.'

'He's thin'

'Built for speed, that wolf can out run as all.'

Bailey pulled out a pair of pants from the bag and placed them on Langdon's black. "I'll get out dinner, you go change." Langdon bumped her chest just hard enough to move her upper body. Walking behind the brushes again, the wolves waited to hear him change. None came only Langdon in a pair of pants.

Gasps sounded the in the air, 'What the hell happen to him?' Aaron stared at the scars across his body just like the others. Claw marks were up and down his back. A few scars on his sides. Deep red scars at the joints of his shoulders.

'The boy did say an Alpha tried to kill him,' the Alpha whimpered.

'What did they do? Try to rip him apart?’

That was a good question. Langdon had never said where the pack was before them. They sat down to watching over the empathy and his mother. Zero made sure to keep his attitude in check. Having a beautiful mate like the one below was scary and wonderful.

Bailey stood up, "Okay you go run. I'll pack the rest of this up." Langdon flipped himself up and ran behind the brushes again. They heard Bailey mumble something about full moons and a son who runs like the wind. About that, time a pair of pants hit the ground as a black wolf ran passed her.

'Should we run after him?'

'We won't catch him.' the Alpha smiles.

Within mere moments, they lost sight of the wolf. Bailey yelled after about the time. A yelp was heard far away then they see Langdon's wolf bolting up the hill.

'Crap, he's fast!' Daren laughed.

'Beautiful!'

Thirty minutes passed as they watched over a mother who was starting to pace and look at her watch. A growl came from behind them. Turning their heads, Langdon was growling at them.

'Let me handle this,' Zero said.

'Gregory, Daren we need to move back. He doesn't know who we are.' The Alpha and Betas backed away.

Zero went down on his stomach then right back up. His tail wagged behind him. A playful yelp came out, Langdon's head cocked to the side. Confusion fell upon the wolf face. With a giant paw, Zero made a Z in the dirt, a J, and an A. Quickly his ears perked up, he batted heads with Zero gently. Aaron and Josh greeted him as well.

Questioning the wolves behind them, they nodded. Each wolf went and stood beside their father. Langdon's eyes widened. Crap the Alpha was huge!

"Langdon," Bailey yelled, "its getting dark!"

Langdon whimpered, wagged his tail. Zero nodded. Jumping with a graceful leap over their heads, gently bouncing off a tree and landing down by Bailey. He looked back.

Zero, Josh and Aaron yelled, 'SHOW OFF!'

'He can't hear you,’ the Alpha laughed.

Nudging his mom, Bailey climbed onto his back. She held on as tight as she could. With a leap, he landed several yards from them. She looked over. "Oh Lord!" A noise came from his throat, "You know them?" He shook his head. "Is one of them your friend Max?" Shaking his head no. "Zero?" He nodded.

A branch broke towards Langdon's right side. Bailey tensed up, a low growl slipped through his lips. Next, the wolves watched Langdon bolt towards the houses.

'Boys follow them home!' the Alpha let out a massive growl.

Three wolves charged after Bailey and Langdon while their fathers went to check out whatever frightened Langdon.

DAY FOUR:

Getting last minute picnics in before the weather grew cold and temperatures started to fall. The sky held a few big white fluffy clouds. As the ground held nature’s beauty for the remaining days.

May allowed June to wonder off ahead of her. She knew that June was broken she understood that she was. Because of the pack, they were with before. Some of the memories were not completely remember able. Others came in pieces. In all the memories, she could remember June was there. Her mate.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she wished she remembered where she knew Langdon. Heart of hearts, they knew him. He was their safe house. Opening her eyes June had stopped ahead picking up some flowers for the picnic. In a couple of days, they were heading to the cabin. Too bad Langy will not come. He was afraid of the Alpha. 'Because an Alpha hurt him.' Her eyes widened. Langdon, she knew him. Knowing exactly where he comes from. He was the wolf that protected her and June. Helped them escape the New York pack! He stole them put the pack asleep. Promised he would do what he could to keep them safe. Langdon protected them. Made all the pain go away.

"June! Get back here. I don't like how far you are!"

June skipped back over to her, took a hold of her hand. The smile June had on her face caused May’s beast to relax. Her little mate, shorter and smaller than her. It was her job to protect June. She truly tried her best. When the Alpha opened up his door to them, May was grateful. They were not strong enough to live without a pack. She understood this. Maybe she could help Langdon understand that this Alpha was nice and loving.

While eating May spoke to June who listened to every word as if it was her last. May always loved that about her. June always listened to May. Gave great pride knowing that her mate see that she is her way of life. Explaining to her, that they needed to help Langy. He needed to understand that the Alpha was nice, not like the other one. He helps people, cares about his pack. June nodded, stated she would help.

"Excuse me, what do we have here?"

The girls looked behind them. "LANGY!" June stood up as quickly as she could, threw her arms around him. May gave a bright smile; she was wishing that they would see him. Wishes do come true.

"Would you like to join us?" she asked. June put her hands together.

"Only if you don't tell Zero."

The girls giggled. It had become a joke between them. Zero acted as if he was mad at Langdon for stealing his girls. They wrestled around for a moment before June jumped on them yelling about play fighting. Yet they knew the truth, Langy was Zero's mate. They just did not understand why they didn't tell the Alpha.

Handing Langdon a cup of soda, May grew brave. "I remember you now, from New York."

Nodding his head, "I know. You two have found a good home. Somewhere to treat you like the treasures you are."

That has been more and once that Langdon has called them treasures. She wondered what he meant by that, then her eyes focused on his sad features. Something was wrong with Langy. He did not look happy like he was today.

The girls were laying on his chest while he read to them from a book that June loves. Occasionally he would pause and listen to the sounds around them. May could feel that he was growing uncomfortable. Before starting the next chapter, he told them it was time to leave. June went to protest when he growled now was not the time.

Walking faster than a normal pace, Langdon kept looking around. Something caused him to make the girls jog. Pulling out his phone, there was only one number to dial.

"Lang-"

"I have May and June. There are three wolves on us. I can't get them out safety." A growl sounded behind them.

"Langy!" June screamed.

Dropping the phone, he yelled at the girls to run. Quickly shifting his clothes tore off his body. May grabbed a hold of June's hand and began to run. Two of the wolves took off after them. Langdon tried to send out relaxing vibes. He was dealing with New York wolves. Wild and dangerous wolves they were. Lunging forward, Langdon shot a massive pain jolt through his body into the other wolf. Then took off after the two wolves that were chasing after the girls.

'Damn it!' Zero inhaled another deep breath. 'I smell him, but it's weak.'

'They've masked the scent.' the Alpha moved a bush, broken scent bottles were on the ground. Growling he pushed out his senses. An Alpha knows where his pack is. Before his senses reached May and June, snarls and growls filled the air in the distance. There was a loud yelping and a howl. Six wolves bolted into the woods. A scream came over the noise.

"May!" June's screams were close. Just up ahead and over the hill. The next sound scared Zero half to death, an extremely loud yelping.

Reaching, a black wolf was on the ground. Two more stood over it, one dropped in its own yelping. A dark gray wolf was standing over May. She was screaming for June to run.

Leaping in the air, the Alpha took down a wolf that was hovering over Langdon. With his mighty jaws formed around the wolf's neck. He shook his head, snapping the bones in the wolf's neck. Gregory got the gray wolf that was standing over May. Zero latched onto the last remaining wolf. With a quick bit of his jaws, the wolf's throat came with it.

Going over to his mate, Aaron and Josh were already checking out his wounds. Zero nudged his muzzle, getting only whimpering in return. Sniffing the wounds, the blood came in rick and thick. Langdon was hurt pretty badly. Moving down to his stomach, Zero slid under him. The boys gently helped position him on Zero's back.

Running full speed towards his house, Zero had to get him home and clean the wounds. His beast was on high alert. At this moment, nothing was going to stand in their way. Langdon was theirs.

Vera was taken by the sudden surprise, busting through the back door. The boys came in carrying a wolf, Zero yelling that they needed towels. Vera acted quickly; she did not recognize the wolf but felt the vibes. It was Langdon. Her wolf grew tense, something so precious should only know of a loving hand. By time, she reached the living room they had pushed away the furniture and laid Langdon down.

"Here sweetie, we need to get these under him." she went to touch Langdon when her son slapped her hand away. Shocked she looked up into his eyes. Golden brown stared back at her.

"Zero?"

"Hmm, Vera." Josh and Aaron went to help her. As they approached, she heard a warning growl. Slightly moving Zero snarled towards her.

"Zero! I'm trying to help him. What's going on?"

Josh and Aaron hooked their arms around her.

"Man, it's your mom. You know she's only trying to help."

Then she heard one word that caused a swirl of emotion, "Mine," She let the boys take her out of the room.

"Sorry Alpha," Josh whispered.

She was still stunned; all Vera could do was nod. Whimpering came from the wolf, giving her heartstrings a good tug. Straightening herself up, "Zero honey. She spoke from the doorway. "He needs to shift. Try to get him to relax just enough to calm the beast."

Zero had been trying. This was a long shot but it had to work. "Beast of my mate's let him shift back. I must clean his wounds. That was a dominate wolf, he is in more pain because of it." Another whimper came from Langdon. Seeing that his beast was relaxing, Zero stroked his fur. "That's it, you can do it."

His beast was allowing Langdon to shift back.

The Alpha came in with a very talkative May; she was spilling the beans about where she remembered Langdon. Why he felt so safe to them. She and June had always trusted him. He helped them escape; well he was the reason why they were able to escape. Langdon stole them from the New York pack. Healed them to the best of his ability. Gave May all the money he had. Put them on a bus and told them to run. He went back alone to deal with the pack.

When they reached the living room, only Zero and Langdon were there. Seeing that Zero was closing his wounds, the Alpha stepped into help. Wrong move, he was met by an extremely protective Zero. Growls filled the already tense air. Leaning over his mate, snarling toward the new arrivals. May and June bolted from the room when Zero snapped at them.

"Zero?" the Alpha was stunned. Had his son gone mad? "I can help close the wounds."

"Mine!"

They watched his beast push forward more, gold brown eyes glowed a malicious luminance. Zero's teeth began to form into fangs. "Mine," a threatening growl rippled through his bared teeth.

"Nathanial!" Vera run in, "Please don't act, and let him be."

This could go two ways. Zero had just challenged the Alpha. Nathanial could rip his son to pieces or back out of the room and let his son attend his mate.

"Did he just say mine?" Just as she hoped, the Alpha was too stunned to notice the challenge. "No I noticed." he answered her facial relief.

"Your son is attending to his mate, please?" her whole body was begging the Alpha. She was a mother trying to protect her son.

Being a father who had never and will never strike his children, he frowned at his wife. She tucked an arm under his. He walked out with his Betas. Josh and Aaron were nervous for their Alpha. Zero was only protecting his mate. Even though they would do whatever it took to protect their mates, including fight the Alpha. They knew it would not end well.

Three pairs of pants later, two girls hiding in Zero's room brought down and teens placed in the Alpha's den. Vera served drinks to everyone. Excused herself for a moment to attend to the future Alpha. She announced that she was bringing in water. Zero allowed her to sit the water down beside him. Moving herself back to the doorway, she paused to see how Langdon was doing. He was now laying on his side towards Zero. Her son sat touching him, speaking words of encouragement.

"Zero, would he be more comfortable with some clothes?" He nodded; two pairs of pants came towards him. A whisper was heard, "Mom." "I know," she gave a warming smile. With that, she walked away.

Reaching the silent air almost gave a fright. Only it was three fathers, one whom is the Alpha was still in shock. Figuring it was up to her to get the conversation rolling or they would never start one.

"Surprise!" throwing out her arms, the men chuckled.

"All right Vera," the Alpha clapped his hands, "so Langdon?"

"They are so cute together. Zero gets Langy's cheeks red all the time." June giggled, "Zero gets into trouble for staring at Langy in class."

With a raise of the eyebrow, June shut up. She just told that they knew.

"Answers now."

Josh wiped his face, "Zero was nervous about how the pack would see it. He's the next Alpha. How you would see it, the end of the bloodline. Then, he thinks about the whole guy thing. Before now, he has only been attracted to girls Langdon too."

Aaron added, "Langdon doesn't have the heart to break Shelby's. She really likes Zero. He thinks it's his fault that Zero is his mate. That he did it somehow."

The Alpha was leaning back in the chair. His Betas remained silent as they waited on him to speak. Vera raised her eyebrows at the older man before them. The pack does not actually realize how old Nathanial was. To the world of Alphas, he was still younger than most yet more powerful than some are. It hid his age to the world of werewolves. All the years that she has known him, that look he was holding now is thinking.

"Nathanial," Gregory laughed, "Good Lord man say something."

A deep chuckle came from the Alpha. "Hell, I'm shocked. However, I can see where Zero would be hesitant. However, I am upset that he would think we would disapprove. No matter whom that boy loves, I will never shun him. The pack however, could use a test of loyalty."

"With that you won't speak of the matter until Zero comes to you." Vera said and the Betas nodded with the Alpha.

The air was quiet enough to hear Zero's footsteps. Noticing the conversation, they listened.

"Would you put me down?"

"No, stop being a baby. You're weak, you need rest."

"How can I stop being a baby when you're treating me like one?"

"Fine," Next they heard was a series of gasps and groans.

"Would you like to carry you now?"

"Yes please," A loud groan came from Langdon. "Holy crap that hurts."

"Your hip is injured. It will take time to heal. I'll call Bailey to let her know."

"Oh my mom!" Langdon groaned, "She's going to kill me."

The stairs creaked as Zero carried Langdon up to his room.

"How bad is he injured?"

"From what I could see of them, they were pretty deep." Vera swallowed the knot in her throat.

May and June whined at the thought of Langdon being hurt. Speaking of May and June, the Alpha had everyone relax. He wanted them to hear from May and June.

"I want to hear about New York."

May kissed June's palm of her hand, asked her to stay quiet. This was very important for her to tell the Alpha. June promised to be quiet.

"Some of the memories are dark, I don't remember it all. I remember the Alpha in New York recruiting rogues. He offered them food and shelter. He always talked of secrets.

"A night when June and I were chained up this wolf came to us. Took all the pain away, washed us, and fed us. He asked why we were treated like this. I never knew.

"I don't remember the time but June and I were beaten real badly. I couldn't walk or protect June." May wiped her tears, "There was this fight, screaming. I remember seeing Langy now. He was injured. Somehow, he promised to get us. He left. The Alpha ordered the wolves to track him down. Next, I know, the howling then it was silent.

"Langy came in; he said we had to hurry. The Alpha laid asleep and all the wolves were chained or tied up. He took us to this house, told us to be very quiet not to speak. We had baths daily, food. He kept us safe. One night the wolves came. Langy ran with us. Gave us all his money and put us on a bus. Told us to never come back."

Vera wrapped her arms around May to comfort her. "I know it's him. My beast trusts him. She feels that it is him. The Alpha wanted him dead because he was a threat to him." June squeezed her arms around her mate, tried her best to comfort May.

"I think those wolves are from New York, Alpha."

"May told him that you were nice, what you have done for us. Please don't be mad at her." June was worried that the Alpha was upset with May.

"You’re what the pack holds." Aaron sat up more, "Remember when Langdon's beast took over. Zero said something about his beast saying the pack now holds." Josh pointed at him, he was right.

"Langy calls us treasure," June lit up, "He says we are hidden treasures."

"Of course you are you're Zero's girls." Vera stroked May's hair. "We all love you more every day. Who else will bake the pack cookies and teach the children."

"I like the children," May sniffled. "We love to bake. Do you want cookies?"

"Not tonight sweetie, maybe you could bake some for the cabin."

"I would like that," May was becoming relaxed, happier.

The Alpha ordered them to bed. They have had one hell of an evening. Amber called for Amber, who bounced in the door.

"Hi everyone!" kissing her mother first, she hugged Vera before hugging the Alpha. He told her to take care of the girls. "Come on, we'll do mask and braid before bed."

June jumped up, "Can I have the braids you did before?"

"Anything for you," May squeezed her hand.

Before leaving the room, May paused and looked at the Alpha. "I've tried to help Langy. He's really scared. But I'll try harder. I really like it here. You have giving me a family."

The Alpha stared at the door. His heart was full of emotion. May and June would be thrown to the streets by a few packs for their weakness. To hear that the girls were beaten tug his heart. To hear that they were happy and felt safe here, gave pride. That meant he was doing his job as an Alpha.

Morning rose to Zero's mind full of worry. His beast was guarded, angry that their mate was harmed. Langdon's beast had been injured, only because his human was injured. As they laid asleep, Zero kept his body touching. Which was not hard at all. His mate was huddled into his side. His mate, who is a man. Before now, there had only been girls. How do you treat a man? He was pretty sure Langdon would frown if he would to give him flowers, open the door, lead when they danced.

In a heavy sigh, how was this supposed to work? Would they hold hands? Kiss? Everyone knows how the mating works, just he had never thought about it. Of course, he is dominate, but Langdon was not submissive. Groaning the thought of being with a man never crossed his mind.

"Zero,"

Looking down, bright green eyes looked up at him. "I have to go talk to my father."

Slowly blinking, "Should I leave?"

"No, you need food and rest. Luckily you are in bed and I will go get you food."

Langdon snatched his hand when he left the bed. "Will everything be okay?"

"It will," Zero leaned down to the side of the bed, "We are forever us I will never leave you or hurt you. We wolves take our mates very serious. I am yours, you are mine."

Nodding his head, Langdon still worried. This was not how mates were supposed to be. He was the next Alpha for gosh sakes. Zero was supposed to be carrying on his bloodline, not end it. On top of that, how were they to mate when either of them can barely bring themselves to hold hands or anything else? Don't mates kiss and do other things? How was this going work?

Sensing that his father was in the den, Zero knocked. Moment passed when he heard, 'come in'. Taking a breath, head high he stepped into the office. Showing his neck then looked at his father.

"I'm so sorry for challenging you, that wasn't what I was trying to do. My mate is Langdon, as you know." he added quickly, "I'm proud of my mate, worried that the pack will turn their backs. Worried that I have disrespected you."

"Stop it," Nathanial could not handle seeing his son worrying over this. "Boy," he stood up walked directly in front of Zero. Laid a hand on his shoulder, "Zero, stop worrying. Years I have drilled into this pack that the world is different. It's time they get a test of loyalty."

Tucking his hand at the back of Zero's head, he pulled his son forward and laid their foreheads together. A grin zoomed over his face, "Far as your mate, Zero you have no idea what you've done. What your beast has done. There is not a strong enough female to hold a male empathy. I knew he would be claimed by a dominate male. Having you, your beast take claim him." He laughed, "You have only made this pack stronger. However your mate," Nathanial lifted up Zero's head, looked into his eyes. "will love you more than you'll ever imagine. Probably more than any pack woman could.

"I wish you and your friends would understand how powerful an empathy is. Zero you will never feel false love. If Langdon is happy, you and your beast with soar. Can you not feel a change within him? Your beast will never take over and you'll never go rogue."

Pointing to his chest, Nathanial stood tall. "To have that future for my son, I am proud."

Forgetting all about werewolves or their ways, Zero threw his arms around his father and cried. He and his mate were accepted. Most of all accepted by the Alpha, his father.

"Your mother has fixed breakfast. Bring Langdon down; you have to present your mate."

"Huh Dad?"

Nathanial could not hold back his laughter.

"How do I do that exactly?"

Noticing, the hidden question within his words. "Zero, you have to mark him. His beast has accepted you as a mate. Don't wait."

"I know, but come on. I didn't even know I was gay."

Nathanial's laughter filled up a small area of the house. The expression on Zero’s face was priceless.  

"It has nothing to do with your sexuality. It has to do with the mate that is best for you. Our beast sees our mate as the only way to live life. Apparently Langdon is the full package of what you both want and need."

"I know that dad. Have you ever kissed a man?"

"Can't say that I have, however you are looking through human eyes. We are not human, given in Zero. Maybe talk to Silver. He was right where you are."

"I thought he accepted Dom."

"He did, like you have Langdon."

Nodding his head, "Okay after I take Langdon home I'll go talk to Silver. Apparently, Bailey is leaving for a week on business. She wants him home. And apparently I'm in hot water for him getting hurt and missing school."

"Awe, mother-in-laws. Good luck."

Stepping into the bedroom, Langdon looked up. His hair was messed up as if he had been running his hands through it, so cute. Maybe he did need to stop looking at this through human eyes. This was his mate, a beautiful wonderful person. One who gives jokes straight back, who does not really like chocolate. More of a fruit and nut kind of guy. One who also need time to heal from the past.

"We are to go downstairs so I can present my mate."

Langdon's eyes widened, fear began to creep up.

"Stop," Zero went to him. "What will it take to show you that my father won't harm you?"

"Hmm, but he's the Alpha."

"So am I. I will be after he steps down. This also means so will you. It will be our time to reign, you, Josh, Aaron, and me. How can you be afraid of him when I am him?"

Opening his mouth, Langdon's beast intervened. Telling him to listen to Zero, he was correct on the matter. They needed to listen and to behave.

"I'll try. Thank you."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

24.1K 725 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
400 3 33
Six teenagers will be put in different situations and try to survive. Think of it as a video game. Each time they die, they wait until the next round...
248K 15.8K 96
(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Riley Nicholas Knight is a submissive werewolf with dominant-like qualities. After h...
7K 700 20
When Finch goes to bed after a long night of magical bullshit, the last thing he expects-or wants-is a phone call from a vampire asking for help. He'...