You Betrayed Me

By vanesaa_75

Nina Morgan is a quiet person, she's experienced the loss of a loved one. Three years later she is still stuc... More

Playlist
Town Girl
Small town
Friends
Town Boy
Something New
Friday Fun
Always
Anger Issues
Trouble
Hidden
Emerson
Mess
First time
Old Memories
Old Ties 2
Unexpected
Known
Bonding
Dear me
Baby
Alive
Fantastic
Runaway
Too deep
A Promise
A Date
A kiss
Nothing now
Birthday
Revenge
Bullet
Preparations
Missing
The dress
The ball
The dance
After party
Angel
Three words
Jealousy
Life With Him
You & I
Never hurt
Proper meet
Backstage
Death talk
Happend
Falling
Her Letter
One last time
Epilogue

Paradise

73 2 0
By vanesaa_75

Chase's POV.

"Wow," I hear Nina say.

I look over to her only to see her admiring the beautiful sight in front. I smile to myself, admiring her.

She starts walking towards the small waterfall, looking around, seeing plants, flowers, and big trees around.

"It's so..." she stopped to think of a word.

"Beautiful." I finished for her.

"Yeah, beautiful." She faces me confused. "How did you even find this place? It's so...hidden."

I sit down leaning my back onto a tree.

"I found it the night I moved into town," I answer. "I was feeling overwhelmed with the new changes so I hopped in my bike and rode around for a bit, until I eventually ended up on an abandoned street. Anyway, I walked towards the crappy park and just kept walking until I found this place."

Nina nods, she sat on the ground, her legs spread out while she was taking in the view around us. I take this as a chance to speak.

"Nina," I say meeting her eyes. "I want to apologize for yesterday-"

"Chase, don't-" I cut her off.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone over without letting you know first." I say looking down.

I hear her sigh, she stays quiet for a minute before she speaks. "It's fine,"

I look up a little surprised at the fact that she forgive me so easily. She stands up again, walks towards the small river and sitting at the edge. I follow, sitting right next to her.

"Do you come here often?" Nina asks, her gaze by the waterfall.

I shrug, even though she's not looking at me. "Sometimes, when I need to think."

"Do you think much?" She asks again.

She's more talkative today than others, but I like that. She's getting comfortable around me.

"Yes," I answer looking intensely at her, how flawless she is.

"What do you think about?" She says meeting her green orbs with mine.

"Everything." I answer truthfully. "Mostly about me, about whether my actions hurt the people around me or not. I come here to be alone with my thoughts basically."

"You know.." she looks back at the waterfall. "Sometimes you just have to go for it, either it'll work or it won't, that's life."

"It takes a lot more courage than you think, some of us are scared- trapped," I say.

She looks back at me. "Are you scared?"

"I don't know, sometimes it feels like I should be." Sometimes I feel like I owe a big apology to everyone whose life I messed up.

"I know that feeling, it goes away, but not completely. The past doesn't define who we are now, so it's better to wonder."

I stare back at her seeing her laying down, her gaze up in the sky. What does she think about?

"What about you?" I ask, my arm supporting onto the ground looking down at her.

"What about me?" She asks.

"What do you think about?"

I have a feeling she won't answer me. But everything it's worth the try with her.

"Life," she says. "About how my life is slowly drifting apart."

She rolled over, her eyes on mine now.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that everything that I fought so hard for when I was younger... now it doesn't have a purpose, and without a purpose, there's no point in living."

Is her life that depressing?

"You don't know that, maybe there is a purpose, it's just not its time to come yet." I softly say.

"Maybe," she answers back.

Looking up again. What I'm about to say next might hurt her a little bit. But I really want to know how she feels, it will help me get to know her a lot more.

"How did your father die?"

She turns her head towards me. "You remembered," she sounds surprised.

"I could never forget anything about you."

She narrows her eyes at me for a moment before speaking. "He was hit by a car."

"Do you mind me asking about it?" I ask.

Her jaw clenches as she looks away from me. "No. I don't."

"What would you do if you ever get to know who it was? Would you forgive them?"

Her character is strong, she is getting upset by me asking her all these questions. Even though she says it's fine, she wants to punch me.

Nina is still not over her father's death, and that is becoming a lot more clear now. Perhaps that's why she's the way that she is.

"No, I would not forgive them." She shook her head.

I want to know more.

"Then what would you do?" I frown.

She sits up pulling her legs into her chest hugging herself. I quickly sit up as well, her green eyes darkened a little and holding an emotion I can't quite read.

"I'll don't know," she breathed out.

She is lying. She has something in mind and that is evident. Why she doesn't want to tell me? I have no clue, but her holding onto so much hate is scary.

"What if it was an accident? Would you forgive them then?" I say, pushing it further.

Her eyes narrow with a frown placed on her forehead. "Well, what if it wasn't?" Nina bit out. "What if they did it on purpose? Why didn't they stop and help? A lot could've been prevented if they would have done something."

"They?" I ask.

Does she know who did it?

Nina's eyes softened and she whispered her next words. "They, she, he... whoever did it."

I didn't say anything and she knew she got me there.

She hasn't gotten over her father's death, I mean no one would, but they would've moved on with their lives. But she doesn't want to, why?

"He had just picked me up from the movies," I hear her speak. "Back in my old town, we were walking home, discussing the movie I had just watched." A small smile appeared on her lips.

"We had to cross the sidewalk from a bridge, but phone slipped from my pocket and fell to the ground. I picked my cellphone, my dad was already on the other side waiting for me, so when I started to walk towards him, a white car was coming my way."

I can see her tears starting to swell.

"I froze on spot, and the next thing I knew is that my dad had pushed me onto the concrete, and as I look up I see my father on top of that car."

A tear rolled down from her right eye. All I want to do is wrap my arms around her and tell her that everything is okay.

Even if it's not.

"The driver never stopped, even after he hit my father, he did not look back." She whispers.

I feel horrible, I can't imagine witnessing your parent's death at a young age.

"I started screaming for help, but nobody was around. Next to my dad I called 911, I told them where I was and hung up on them. I just wanted my dad to answer to my pleas, but he never did. That's when I realized that my dad was gone." She mumbled as another tear rolled down.

"There was nothing you could do about it, yet you seem to not be over it. Why hold onto a tragic memory like that?" I ask as I place my hand on top of hers.

"Because that's exactly what it is, a memory- the last memory I had with my dad." Another tear fell down. I sigh scooping her hands on mine.

"A tragic memory, Nina, looking back at it doesn't do you any good." I say as I wiped away another tear with my thumb.

She looks at me through wet lashes, her eyes may not be puffy yet but they are red. So much pain and madness in them. I want to scoop her into my arms and hold her tightly, never letting her go I want to help her too, she deserves to be happy.

Knowing hugging her and telling her all that fake bullshit everyone tends to do would overwhelm her, I instead stroked her cheek with my thumb and give her a reassuring smile.

"Why do you do this?" She speaks her voice cracking.

I take a deep breath and stare at her for a moment before speaking."Believe it or not, sweetheart, I like you."

Even if I had just met her a week ago but I truly do, just the sight of her makes me feel alive and worth it. I want to be worthy of her. I want to be worthy of her love.

I want her to be mine.

Even though deep down I know I don't deserve her. I'm being selfish I know that, but I don't care, I never thought that she was going to be the one I felt attracted to.

After a few minutes of silence, she stands up and adjusts herself she looks around letting out a short breath. I have no idea what time it is, but it's gotta be late since the sun is already down, leaving the stars to shine in the sky.

"I-I think we should be heading out, it's getting late." She says tucking a strand of hair in behind her ear.

I nod, getting up and following behind her. I sit on my motorcycle turning it on as Nina jumps in behind me sliding her arms around my waist. Her touch makes me slightly nervous which is oddly strange since I've been around many girls before, but no one's touch feels like hers. I love it

We are now heading back, Nina's arms are still wrapped around me as her head is resting on my back. I slow down seeing Nina's house I can feel her head is no longer pressed in my back and she sit up.

I park myself in the street and wait for Nina to get down as I do.

"Thanks for the ride, I needed that," she opens her door, getting inside.

"I'm just glad I could help." I smiled.

She nods looking down. I turn to leave when I stop smirking at myself.

"Goodnight, Nina."

I hear a small chuckle behind me, my smirk turn into a smile.

"Goodnight, Chase"

With that I hear the big door close, I walk towards my motorcycle and speed off.

I will bring you happiness, Nina, that's a promise.

*********
A/N: Nina finally opened up to someone after a time. Go vote, share, and follow. Love you🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
230K 9.1K 68
LUKA KELP NYC's most famous male model. Ideal boyfriend. Too sweet to be true. Morally Civil. ~•~ CHASE RUEL Multibillionaire. Arrogant CEO. Alcohol...
12.1K 412 25
People run away, love doesn't. The woeful life of Rose Barnes is showing no signs of improvement. She's alone in a new city, drowning in debt, with d...
13.9K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...