Waver✓

By _omanita

"I dare you to kiss the girl on your right." The girl on the right. . . my sleep deprived mind made out slugg... More

S T O R Y D E S C R I P T I O N & C H A R A C T E R S
K O R J ?
P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R
A C K N O W L E D G E M E N T S

T H I R T Y - O N E

688 112 183
By _omanita

<Never assume someone loves you by their sweetness. Sometimes you're just an option when they're bored>

|31|

THE MOMENT I placed my lips on Jayden's, a blissful sensation of euphoria washed over me, making me tremble in need.

At first, he remained immobile and didn't respond but when I sucked on his lower lip, biting it lightly, he began kissing me back. Deeper. Thorough. Passionately. His hands clutched my sides tightly.

He tasted of cherries. Those bing blood-red cherries that were intensely sweet with a vibrant aftertaste which I wholly welcomed, soughting more and more of him. To immerse myself into this whirlpool of burning passion.

My fingers were meshed in his curly hair now as we frantically kissed each other, our tongues waltzing an erotic dance rhythm, a warm and fuzzy feeling unfurling deep in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want this kiss to end.

Unfortunately, my wishes weren't granted and to my utter dismay, he was the first to pull away. He inhaled raggedly, his breath coming in short pants and turned away from me, trying to regain some semblance of control.

I swallowed the words of protest on the tip of my recently kissed tongue and watched him, aftershocks of our earth shattering kiss coursing violently through my skin, refusing to think about what we'd just done. I ached to see the emotions on his face but I couldn't, dusk was already approaching.

His breathing calm now, Jayden put on his glasses---I'd ripped them off in my haste--- and spoke after some minutes, his husky tone inflected with an emotion that almost spurred me to kiss him again, still not facing me, "Olayinka. . ."

But I wasn't about to hear whatever he was on the verge of saying. I knew he would say something bad. Something that would spoil this special moment for me so I placed a finger on his moist lips. "Shh."

He breathed in deeply, a harsh sound escaping him and started driving once more, the enormity of what we'd just done looming between us. But I was satisfied. I'd accomplished what I wanted. I'd wiped away Kian's foul kiss. Nothing else mattered.

The raging torment that had ravaged me was just an oblivion now. Jayden's kiss had sparked something up in me and as Sia's song, Broken Glass, played, I sang along, temporarily forgetting my woes and troubles.

Except that it didn't last long. After Jayden dropped me off without a word, I sat on the bed, my head in between my knees. The euphoria that had seized me earlier evaporated and left in its wake, shock. Shock at my careless behaviour.

I was no longer numb. I had totally blurred the friendship line between Jayden and I, smudging it without a thought.

My emotions went haywire, questions floating around my mind and that awful sadness tormenting me anew. Dammit! What had I just done?

Oh my God, I moaned, my heart dismantling into minute shards of misery as realization dawned on me.

Kian. Those years of him bullying me, his fake kindness and me desperately wanting to be accepted. Jayden. His gentleness and slight teasing, his protective aura and my zeal to not like him more than was necessary. Everything flashed in my mind's eye, leaving me bereft and an acute sense of loss overwhelmed my soul. I finally knew the answer to all those questions.

Then I let the scorching tears fall free.

***

School on Monday was not highly anticipated. I had gone through my classes, listless and not at all interested in lessons. Nothing made sense to me anymore.

I fiddled with my food, unwilling to take another spoon into my mouth. Which was quite a pity, 'cos the mac and cheese tasted really good.

"You're not eating." A cheerful Jayden sat down with me and every once in a while, he sent me bashful smiles that had guilt choking me.

"Yeah. I'm full," I said, then looked down at my plate still piled up with mac and cheese, belying the statement I had just made. He left it at that and gratefully didn't make any comment.

"So about last night. . ." Jayden began after some time.

I hastily lifted my eyes up and gazed at him, panic sweeping through me in a hazy cloud. Lord, please I didn't want to talk about last night.

His striking face one of gentleness and care, he reached for my left wrist and began stroking it gently. His warm touch was like a ray of sunshine beaming on my dark interior and I held myself from bursting into tears.

"I don't know why you kissed me but I just want you to know something. That was amazing and. . ."

"What was amazing?" Someone butted in, placing his food tray on the table and sitting down next to me. Kian.

All of my sadness flew away once I met his smirk and rage bubbled in my veins, red hot fury eager to spill forth.

"Something," Jayden replied, all traces of happiness or whatever emotion he'd been displaying earlier gone. His expression was neutral now but his hand still caressed my wrist.

"Okay." Kian shrugged and began stuffing himself up with salad. "I don't actually give a damn anyway."

Yeah, you never gave a damn about me, I thought furiously.

"By the way, Jamila. You left camp without even telling me and I tried calling, but there was no reception. What happened? I was scared that something bad happened to you." He kept his spoon down and threw me a concerned look, but I saw through his façade and my anger rose further.

Jayden snorted and began pressing his phone once Kian speared him a doleful glance.

Kian returned to his play acting once more, his tone one of great worry. "Did you know that I ransacked everywhere looking for you? I was so worried. Very worried. Please don't ever disappear like that again. . ."

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up!" I screamed, my fork clattering to the ground and slipping my wrist away from Jayden's warmth. My limits to his slippery lies were already crossed.

"What's wrong with you Jamila?!" Kian looked at me, furrowing his brows and his eyes met my anguished ones.

"What is wrong with me?!" I stood up, the band holding my wrath tearing apart and letting the raging storm in me roam free.

"It's you that something is wrong with! You're one big motherfucker. Who the fuck do you even think you are? To come here and say shit like you care about me when all along you were just having fun at my expense!"

The noisy cafeteria became as silent as a graveyard and I could see the disbelief and shock on people's faces through the sheen of my tears coating my lashes. Tears that I hadn't allowed to fall yet.

"You think I don't know?! You think I don't know that it was all a game?! I know everything now, Kian. I was a game! A pawn! I was just a thing to be used for fun. You bullied me constantly for years and then one day out of the blues, you just claim to change! And that was where I started making mistakes! I fucking believed you! I fucking forgave everything you did to me 'cos I desperately wanted to be known. Accepted. But what did I get?! A fucking scumbag. Tell me, Kian! Tell me what the fuck I did to you for you to treat me like that! What does my skin have to do with me? Why is it only me? What about other people with the colour of my skin? Huh? Fucking tell me!" I was screaming now, all the misery, rage and heartbreak pitched in my cracking tone.

The only thing he did was to laugh. The scumbag laughed. He hooted loudly in laughter, his shoulders quaking with mirth. When he was done laughing, he stood up, his height towering over me but I refused to back down.

"Fuck! I see you overhead Katharina and I. Too bad all my plans are coming to an end. Just when the fun was starting. So you wanna know why I was playing with you?! Fine! I'll tell you but first Noah, Katharina, Aliyah, Maude, Ryan and Josh, you all should come here."

He clapped his hands together and his buddies materialized out of nowhere, surrounding him. This was the scene I was subjected to, them trying to intimidate me with their venomous gazes but I wasn't having any of it. No more.

A chorus of 'I knew it, bro. Knew you never really changed,' went through his minions and they smiled in a wolfish manner, no doubt ecstatic their leader Kian was back to good ole bully.

He spoke harshly, voice harsher than a winter's brittle wind and eyes flinty cold, "Eleven years ago, a small boy of seven watched his mom bleed to death in front of him. He held his mom, hands tainted with blood, the lights faded from her eyes. This was three weeks before first grade and that little boy was me."

His mom died?! If that was so, then the principal had to be his stepmom and how on earth did the death of his mom connect to me?!

"Yeah, so what does that have to do with me?" I asked calmly despite the urge to continue ranting and shouting, voicing out my hatred for this slimy being.

Raking me a nasty stare, he bit out, "The man who killed my mom was black and his last name was Kincade. I vowed that I would always hate black people no matter what and guess who I saw entering first grade a week later? You. A little girl with Kincade as her surname who must probably be my mom's killer's daughter. I hated you at that moment and in my childish mind, I vowed that I would do my best to make your life miserable. But as we grew up, I found out that the man wasn't your father but I was already used to bullying you and continued. The rest you already know." He sent me a vicious grin that triggered a tingle of chill down my spine but I refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing me tremble.

"And that's the reason you were bullying me? Aren't you fucking stupid?! And even if I was the man's daughter, I was still innocent of my father's sins. You didn't have to make me pay for it! The law was there and justice had already been served! You're just one selfish piece of shit, Kian! You're a miserable human who loves causing the pain of others!" I was pointing an accusatory finger towards him, tears swallowing up my vision.

My heart ached because I'd been bullied out of selfishness and not because I'd thought I was weird and unusual all these years. But knowing this hadn't been the case was like a red flag to a bull. The fiery embers of my irate heart heated up.

"That's it. Enough. I'd had my fun and let you had yours without any taunting or pranks. But it's all over! We're back to business and I'm going to make sure you hate your life more than ever, black bitch! Now, stop looking at my face and look at the floor. Your freedom is over!"

"Never!" I spat out, glaring at him, wiping my tears away. Crying was for cowards and I ceased to be a coward from this day onward.

A smirk curled along his despicable yet gorgeous facial features and he came closer, steel in his deceptively soft tone. "Do it."

"Not if I have a say in it," Jayden countered, an equal note of steel in his voice. In my hate-filled tirade, I'd forgotten about him and right now, I was comforted by his presence.

I glanced at him through my wet lashes. He was next to me, crossing his arms, shirt taut over his body and jaw clenched. A spark of anger glittered in his hazel eyes as he stared at Kian.

Kian ignored Jayden like he'd not even said a word. "Black bitch, lower your fucking black eyes and kneel, asking for my apology."

"Fuck you to the hottest part of hell. And you forgot one fact. A wounded horse gains its strength either way and fuck if I'm going to go back to that pathetic girl you guys made me be," I hissed, pitching my voice at it's highest volume.

"And she's right. She's not backing down, not when I'm with her," Jayden added in a quiet tone that brooked no argument.

Except that Kian was one to take up a challenge. A tune of mocking laughter met our ears, the harsh sound grating on my nerves. How on earth had I even thought I liked him?

"Guys." He cocked his head to his cronies. "Do you hear what black bitch and her nerdy friend are saying?"

He mimicked me first in a girly voice, "I'm not going to back down blah blah blah."

Then Jayden's in a caricature of deep bass. "And she's right blah blah blah." He began laughing again, his mates joining him in their stupid merry fest.

"Foolish," Noah tsked, eying us and shaking his head, a dreadful look in his face.

Katharina and her girls snickered, snarky giggles escaping the bitches, enjoying the show.

Kian rotated his neck back to my direction. "I'm not going to repeat it again. Kneel and fucking kiss my shoes or. . ."

"Or what?!" Jayden was in front of me now, shrouding me from Kian's malicious gaze.

"Get out of my way, nerd." Kian deadpanned.

"Get me out if you can," Jayden replied, arms still crossed and his countenance very fierce.

"You asked for it and guys stay out of this. I want to deal with this nigger right here."

It happened in a twinkle of an eye. One moment, Jayden was before me and the next he was rolling on the floor with Kian, blurs of fists and knuckles meeting my wary eyes. Lord, the two boys were fighting. Brutally.

"Stop it! Someone stop them!" I yelled, afraid for Jayden. But no one did. The hall was in chaos. Roars, grunts and screams rented the air, the atmosphere swiftly turning into a hurricane and tornado zone.

"Stop it Kian or I swear I would. . ."

"You would what?!" Kian jeered through a crazed grin of bloody teeth, his once gorgeous face a wreck. My almost threat had worked. The two boys were separated and huddling into a ball, each nursing wounds on their bodies.

I ignored Kian and went to Jayden's side, helping him up. His glasses were broken, lying on the ground and bruises marred his handsome face. The brunt of guilt lowered itself on me again.

"Why did you fight? You should have let him be. Just look at your fist and face," I said, my heart breaking at the fact that he had fought Kian for me. What had I done to deserve someone like Jayden?

"It's nothing. The motherfucker deserved it," he gritted out, breathing fast and raking a hand through his curly hair.

On the verge of hurling myself into his arms and breathing in his comforting scent, I heard Kian's mocking voice.

"You don't have anything illegal against me, black bitch. After all, I never told you any personal stuff about me." His friends had helped him to his feet, but he staggered lightly.

It was true. Despite all his good deeds, Kian had never told me something personal about him. I didn't even know his favorite colour to talk more of any secret he had. And if I hadn't been blinded by his good guy charade, I would have known that he was purposely hiding stuff away from me.

"Yes, I don't have anything against you but I do of your father." His cocky expression soured a little. I smiled inwardly. Blackmail was looking good.

"If you ever disturb me again, I'll upload the voice recording of your politician father as he and I talked during his birthday dinner." A cold smile graced my lips. It was a lie but he didn't know that.

"What?!" spluttered Kian, surprise flitted across his increasingly red face.

"Yes. You heard me right. If you try to touch me, Jayden or any other person, then the wonderful things daddy dearest said about black people would be uploaded on the internet for everyone to hear. Understand?" I threatened, coming to stand in front of him.

"Fuck. You've got me Jamila." He raised his hands in surrender.

"You forgot one thing though. You say you hate me but you thoroughly enjoyed that kiss I gave you on Tuesday night." A smirk curled along his bloodied lips, chasing the fog of amazement that had dawned on his face a moment ago.

I saw red but I kept my expression placid, disgust plain in my tone. "You suck at kissing. Like I literally cringed at how bad a kisser you are and I just had to wipe it away by kissing someone else. Remember my threat Kian. Daddy's political future depends on you." One for Olay, zero for Kian.

Disbelief swept away the smirk on his face and he clenched his broken jaw. "Come on guys. Let's get the fuck out of here." His friends retreated with him, but not before they glared daggers at me. I returned their venomous looks. Slimy bitches.

I still stood, scratchy whispers enclosing me and watched them go. I had won the battle. No longer would I dance to their tunes. I was free. Joyful laughter bubbled to my throat and I wanted to scream, shout, do anything out of joy. Peace awaited me. Finally!

"Is it true? That you kissed me to wipe away his kiss?"

I wheeled around and met Jayden. The stunned look on Jayden's face had me wishing I'd kept my mouth shut.

"Jamila is that true? So you've being using me all along? That kiss didn't mean anything to you?!" he whispered hotly, his eyes empty and devoid of light.

The joy that had been bubbling in my veins snuffed out. All the guilt came back in full force.

"No Jayden. You don't understand. I . . ." I tried to explain.

But he'd already turned his back to me, walking away.

A/N: What dyu all think of this chapter?! Sia's Broken Glass spurred me to write this part, especially the kissing scene :-)) So Olayinka is finally free of Kian and his cronies. Yayy! Or is that so?! *smirks

Thank y'all for the 20k reads. Loves and hugs everyone :-))

BTW, Kian's book is out. Have a look at it guys!

"Now, be a good girl and suck my cock. Your job, casino and everything you own depends on how well you pleasure me."

I made no move, frozen to the spot. Unseeing, I bit my lips hard, at a loss at what to say or do.

Impatient, Kian pulled me towards him, jerking my chin to look at him. "Why are you acting so shy? It's not like you haven't done this before. Tell me, you do know how to suck a cock, don't you?"

No. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I do, just not yours," I gritted out, teeth clenched.

***|***|***

Coldhearted and ruthless, Kian Fields is done with his toxic marriage. Bitter, he focuses on his multi-billionaire company, loathing all women that roam the face of the Earth. Until he meets feisty Jadesola, who goes out of her way to ridicule him.

Stunning and hot-headed, Jadesola is well on her way to being poor---her no-good ex-fiance has made off with half of her casino's earnings--- and the only choice she has to prevent bankruptcy is to request financial aid from none other than her nemesis, dominant and arrogant Kian.

Except that Kian has a thrilling game plan up his infuriatingly gorgeous sleeve. He's out for revenge and will only agree, if and only if she becomes his personal assistant a.k.a office slave.

But Jade is a woman with a fierce backbone and it would be a cold day in hell before she dances to his wicked tunes. With sinister family secrets and chilling mysteries blowing their entangled way, it's a wonder who would tame the other and come out victorious.

The game is on.

Love, Nita.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 32K 70
___________ "You're Jumoke, right? The new girl?" How did he know? "Yes? What happened? Who's looking for me?" "I just asked a question. No harms. Ta...
126K 30.4K 59
(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which a friend hosted. It also broke my heart...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
60.9K 2.5K 28
Jordan never noticed Juliet. Juliet had given up to get his attention. And if they end up hiding together in the same closet, he can't stop talking a...