Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Go Hard Or Go Home

10.3K 632 307
By LourDarden

Hi my Babies I'm so sorry to have you all waiting so long for an update. I've been busy but thank you Jocelyn for hitting me up. Here is your update and I made it longer than usual to make up for the lack of update. All I ask is you vote and I can bet those comments will be lit by the end. Love you HoneyBees

   When Monday came Dessiah did everything to avoid Detrick and it was a bit easy. She even refrained from going to visit Paris at her desk.  She remained focused on work and the thought that Delaney would be coming to work starting tomorrow. Later that night she helped Lisa with packing and went to dinner to enjoy her last night in Japan.  

   Dessiah had been in her office most of the day and it was close to lunch so decided it was time to go and get Delaney from Paris.

“Hey Paris.”

“Hey Honey. How’s your day going so far?”

“Its cool. Where’s Delaney?”

“In there with Detrick. I swear those two are like a moth to a flame. I can’t keep them apart.” Dessiah sighed because that was the very thing she was afraid of.

“Hey Dessiah I forgot to ask you what happen with Bobby?”

“He didn’t show up.”

“Wait, what?” Paris asked surprised.

“I showed up like fifteen minutes late and he was nowhere to be found. I described him to the Hostess and they didn’t know who I was talking about. “

“That’s weird because he said that he went and you called the restaurant and said you were sick.”

“Sick? Called in? Paris I barely know this office number let alone the restaurant. Matter of fact I called you for his number but it went to voicemail.”

“My phone was turned off because I was with Alec.”

“I swear I waited and everything. It was just my luck that Detrick was there or I would have spent the night alone.”

“Detrick was there?” Paris asked with widened eyes.

“Yea.”

“Detrick Simmons?”

“Yea haha.”

“Did he just walk in after you were there or was he already there?”

“I’m not sure but he knew I was waiting for someone and oddly enough that it was a guy. Probably by the way I was dressed. It was odd but nice at the same time.”

“Is that right? Hmmm.” Paris looked behind her at Detrick’s closed door.

“Yea. Why do you have that look?”

“What look?”

“I don’t know. That look.”Dessiah pointed.

“Haha that’s my face. Don’t mind me.”

“Haha okay well I’m taking Delaney to lunch. Do you want to come with us?”

“No that’s okay just bring me something back. I need to go over some things with Detrick.”

“Okay. I’ll get you something.”

“Thanks.” Dessiah walked past her and lightly knocked on the door before entering Detrick’s office. Delaney was all too comfortable sitting across his desk with a pen and pad while he handled a call. It was weird how cute and comfortable they were with one another.

“Hi mommy.” She whispered waving.

“Delaney come on lets go.” Dessiah spoke rather loud. Although not on purpose it got Detrick’s attention.

“Shhh mommy he’s on a special call.”

“Don’t shh me girl lets go.” Dessiah whispered.

“Mom I cant just leave I have a job to do.”

“Delaney get up.”

“But mom…-“

“Delaney I’m not going to tell you again.” Detrick turned around with his receiver to his ear and held his hand up for Dessiah to wait for him. She motioned Delaney to get up which he reluctantly did. Placing her yellow legal pad on the desk and grabbed her backpack. Oddly enough she really was taking notes. Just as they were sneaking out the office and headed to the door Detrick got off the phone.

“I thought you would wait for me like I asked.”

“Yea I was kinda in a rush. I’m really hungry.”

“Great so am I. I can have my car take us for lunch. There’s a nice stand in the park it would give us a chance to talk. Plus I’m sure my little secretary would love a chance to run around. Right Ms. Hawkins?” He reached for his suit jacket.

“Yes Mr. Detrick that would be swell.”

“Actually I have a lot to get done in the office so I just wanted to be fast.”

“Okay we can get something and come back here” Why couldn’t he take a hint? She was doing everything not to be in close proximity with him.

“I think today it will just be Delaney and I.”

“Oh.” He responded disappointed.

“Mama please let Mr. Detrick come with us?” Delaney whined.

“Ms. Hawkins it’s okay I have work to do but you go ahead and I’ll see you when you get back.”

“Okay. I’ll bring you something back.” She said pouting. Delaney ran around Detrick’s desk and gave him a hug. “Don’t worry Mr. Detrick I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.” She turned away and followed Dessiah out of the door. It was starting already they were becoming close and she would need to stop it before someone gets hurt.

********
Paris waited until Dessiah was in the elevator and then opened Detrick’s office and stood in the doorway. Staring at him with folded arms to see if he would confess.

“What?” He said looking up from his computer.

“Don’t what me. What did you do?” he walked closer into his office closing the door behind her.

“ What are you talking about?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe Sunday and you showing up to the restaurant on Dessiahs date.”

“Oh that.”

“Yea that!”

“I was just in the right place at the right time. Sue me.” Paris sat in the chair across from him.

“I will if you don’t stop lying. Come on Detrick it’s me Paris. Your sister from another mister. You can be honest with me just admit you had something to do with their date messing up.”

“Like I said I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Detrick refused to look her in the face.

“Hmmm okay. I’ll take your word for it. Look I’m about to order some food do you have the number to Tinusea?”

“Yea I think I have it in my cell phone.” He pulled it from the drawer.

“AH HA! I knew you had something to do with Bobby leaving that night. You called the restaurant didn’t you?” Detrick looked away and put his phone in his pocket.

“Did you ever think that I have the number because I order take out from there?”

“Could be. Let me see your phone to be sure?”

“No forget it. Go google the number.”

“Why can’t you be honest?”

“Okay maybe I did make a phone call but I did her a favor. She would have never enjoyed herself with that dude anyway. What type of matchmaker are you to set her up with that loser? He as damn there drunk because he was so nervous.”

“The type who knew you would do something to step up and get steps closer to the woman you want.” Paris smirked at him in triumph. He returned with a look of confusion.

“Excuse me?” He looked up in her eyes.

“Detrick how many times do I have to tell you I know you? I know what makes you tick. Sad. Happy. Hungry.  I know what pushes you. How often do I ever make personal calls from my desk? Okay how many times do I make them with your office door open where you can hear me?” He looked down.

“So you knew I was going to go to the restaurant and lie to get him to leave?”

“No, I only hoped you would be so clever. I just knew you weren’t going to let another man occupy her time and have a chance of getting close to her. I knew you would do something so I provided the tools to help you along. The restaurant, time, name, Bobby.”

“So what about your friend did he know?”

“No. But Bobby will be fine he’s a marine he can take one for the team.”

“Haha You’re a horrible person.”

“No baby, I’m a matchmaker and I deserve a raise. You’re welcome.” She said walking backwards closing the door behind her. Detrick sat in awe and leaned back in his chair Paris definitely deserved something. Snatching him out of his thoughts was a chat from Paris.

Paris

You made the step to open that door with her now walk through. If you want herthe NO HOLDING BACK. GO HARD OR GO HOME!

P.S

I’m not kidding about my raise.

You’re Welcome.

*********

      Over the next few days work was steady and the opening for Aiko was coming close. Dessiah had been in her office most of the day and Delaney had been spending time with Detrick against her wishes. The day before Dessiah wanted to throw a fit when they were planning to go to lunch and invite her. How can he invite her to go to lunch with her own daughter? It was time for lunch and she wouldn’t be outdone. She immediately walked through the door and Delaney and Detrick were lost in their own world.

“Okay Ms. Hawkins recap what we learned.” He said with his feet on top of his desk. Delaney looked down at her legal pad at what seemed like notes she had written.

“We learned that if we don’t need it get rid of it. In every budget there are important essenchills-..”

“Essentials.” He corrected.

“Essentials that we must have to be a success. If they don’t add to our goal then they take away from it and need to be removed.”

“Very good and what else?”

“That the same goes for people. If they don’t add to you they take away from you and then you have to get rid of them. But Mr. Detrick how do they take away from you? Like stealing?”

“Well there’s many ways like-“ Dessiah cleared her throat interrupting their moment. She had been standing there for at least four minutes and they didn’t notice her so she had to interrupt. She had never seen Delaney so engaged in a conversation especially a man. She didn’t even react that way with her father. Although in his defense the last time she saw him she was four years old.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt but its lunch time.”

“Hi mommy.”

“Hi love.”

“I’m ready. Mr. Detrick are you ready to eat?”

“Actually Delaney it’s going to be you and I besides I’m sure Mr. Detrick has things to do than have lunch with us every day.”

“Actually I don’t.” He answered.

“See mama he doesn’t have anything to do. Come on Mr. D.”

“Delaney No!” Detrick looked at Dessiah with an arched brow thinking what was she trying to pull?

“Well I’ll just see you when I get back Mr. D.”

“Actually Delaney I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come back in here with Mr. Detrick. This isn’t a playground and he doesn’t need to be distracted.”

“Do I distract you Mr. D?” Delaney asked in the saddest voice she could muster up. She truly enjoyed their time together although she was supposed to be with Paris each day. Detrick paid attention to her and even though he had a lot of work to do he found ways t involve her. Not treating her like a helpless child but like a knowledgeable young lady.

“No sweetie you’re not a distraction.”

“You don’t want me to come in here with you anymore?” She asked with her head down.”

“I love when you sit with me.”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No not at all. Why don’t you let me and your mommy talk for a little while? Go sit

with Paris for a moment.”

“Okay.” Delaney walked out and closed the door behind her.

“Detrick I-…”

“What the hell are you doing?” Detrick cut her off.

“I don’t think it would be good for her to be in here with you all the time.”

“Why? You know I would never hurt her!”

“Yes I know that but maybe it’s taking you away from your work.”

“So are you trying to tell me I’m not doing my job? Or what I can handle?” You could see his irritation written on his face.

“Detrick you missed the conference call this morning.”

“I didn’t miss it I just didn’t attend. I knew you could handle it and there was nothing that was said in that meeting that I didn’t already know. So cut the bullshit and tell me the real reason why you don’t want her coming in my office? Or let’s start with the reason you’ve been avoiding me.”

“I haven’t been avoiding you. Matter of fact we’ve had lunch almost every day this week.”

“Yes because I didn’t give you a choice.”

“Detrick I just don’t want you guys getting too-…” He came around the desk and sat on its edge.

“Get too what? Close?” She put her head down hearing the offense in his voice. “Too late! You shouldn’t have raised such an amazing little girl.”

“Detrick its not a good idea…” He grabbed her arm and pulled her between his legs. Their faces were so close to each other.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” He whispered. When he avoided his gaze he lifted her chin to look at him.

“Detrick I had a nice time the other night but I don’t think that we should be anything more than friends.”

“Why?”

“We’ve been through so much and I just don’t want Delaney to-..”

“I would never… hurt… you. But you should know that you’re hurting yourself by fighting it. I’m not going to stop so I think you should know that.” He caressed her cheek and held her face in his hands licking his lips. Detrick allowed one of his hands to pass through her hair. Dear God his touch felt euphoric against her skin. The heat from his body warmed her soul. They stared at one another and then he looked at his target; her lips. Leaning forward slowly he whispered her name “Siah” and the office phone beeped stopping them. His forehead rested on her shoulder and he sighed heavily rubbing her back. Dessiah smiled but internally she wanted to throw all phones out of the window. Reaching for the speaker button.

“Yea Paris.”

“Mr. Simmons your 1 o’clock is here.”

“He’s early.”

“Obviously” Paris mumbled.” Yes sir, shall I send him in?”

“Yes. Two minutes thanks.” Detrick rubbed Dessiah’s Shoulders. “We’re gonna finish this later. You’re not off the hook yet.”

“Am I in trouble?” Dessiah asked seductively.

“That’s to be determined. Go ahead and enjoy your lunch.” He kissed her cheek.

“What would you like me to bring back? Because Delaney is not going to let me forget about you.” They both headed towards the door.

“Anything but sushi.”

“Haha okay.” Dessiah looked over her shoulder when a knock came at the door. She opened it with Detrick on her tail. Her breath caught in her throat and he screamed.

“Ahhhhh oh my God! Shandon what are you doing here?” She jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. There he was in the flesh smelling as good as he looked. It was obvious he was as happy to see her as she were him. Detrick on the other hand wasn’t too happy.

////////////////

HMMMMMMM YALL NOT READY! VOTE COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
114K 3.3K 33
Mature | Erotica | Smut ***COMPLETED*** African American design wiz Kerstin London knows all about success. She has transformed herself from an 'unwa...
173K 10.4K 61
What happens when an ordinary girl meets and extraordinary boy? Kitrina Kelly is just a young, small-town, church-going girl. Isaac Curtis is a smal...