What Makes You Beautiful? | h...

By n1ghtchanges

At the age of 18, the one thing Charli Rose doesn't want to worry about is her parents death; but unfortunate... More

prologue
one: beginnings & pep rallys
two: a house party & harry
three: band practice
four: battle of the bands
five: hangovers at nando's
six: girls night out (pt. one)
seven: girls night out (pt. two)
eight: freakouts & car rides
nine: first gig & bitches
ten: harry styles & zayn malik
11: pranks & punches
12: charlotte & a crazy girl
13: stalker problems
14: chase & celebrations
15: morning after & texts
16: sleepovers & spice girls
17: dinner & heathrow
18: pickups & introductions
19: homecoming
21: blast from the past
22: you lot are the worst
23: backyard talks
24: are you chicken?
25: together, we are trouble
26: niall's basement
27: date night*
28: maggie time
29: what the f
30: phone conversations
31: the devil himself
32: encounter with the devils mistress
33: two pieces
34: what do you have in mind?
35: stonehenge
36: when disaster strikes
37: breakdown
38: girl talk
39: alone time
40: blurred
41: walking in
42: are you done yet?
43: i really like you
44: i need a change
45: change is good
46: almost caught
47: drunk
48: best friends
49: thorpe park
50: lets try this again?
51: you're crazy*
52: road trip
53: crying on the beach
54: did he just?
55: the truth hurts
56: what happened?
57: serenade in a tent
58: surprise text
59: moving in
60: you'll pay for that
61: no, i'm harry*
62: bad luck*
63: dinner & a movie*
64: i'm here
epilogue
bonus: the wedding
bonus: the reception
bonus: flowers and garters*
bonus: the honeymoon
bonus: first ultrasound
bonus: announcements
bonus: new addition

20: georgia meets the guys

299 5 6
By n1ghtchanges

*Charli POV*

I softly groaned to myself, and moved to stretch my arms, only to feel that my fingers were intertwined with the hand that was wrapped around my waist. Legs tangled under the sheets, I realized I was pressed against someone's body. I don't really remember much of last night due to my extreme lack of sleep. I don't remember when Zayn came over, but I must have called him at some point.

I untangled our fingers and turned around to face him. The familiar short dark hair was absent, and the mess of chocolate curls tickling my face made me realize that it wasn't Zayn that was in my bed.

My eyes widened with reality, and I pushed his arm from around my waist.

"Wha-" he groaned, reaching up and rubbing his eyes with the hand that was just around my waist. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to explain why we were just cuddling," I groaned.

"Uh, force of habit?" he rasped. "Sorry about that."

"Seriously, Harry," I grumbled, lightly shoving him. "You're a little shit."

"It won't happen again," he laughed, sitting up on the bed. He turned himself to look at the clock and huffed. "It's not even noon."

"Why are we awake?" I threw an arm over my eyes and fake cried.

"Well you-"

"Nope, don't finish that. I'm going back to sleep."

"Same."

"If I catch you doing that again, I won't hesitate to murder you."

"Don't worry," he laughed, rolling over and facing away from me. "It won't happen again."

I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping to get at least a couple more hours of sleep.

"Charli!" the voice sounded, alongside three knocks on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I grumbled, pulling the pillow over my face. "Can't I get any more sleep?"

"Sorry to wake you lot, but it's three in the afternoon."

I pulled the pillow off my face, my eyes darting to the clock. 3:08. I guess I did fall back asleep.

"Hi Georgia, what's up?" I mumbled, facing the doorway she was standing in. "You can come in you know."

"Sorry, I- just, yeah, okay," she stuttered, entering the room. She slowly walked over to the edge of the bed and sat at the foot. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something with me today. Maybe catch up a bit?"

"I was going to hang out my boyfriend tonight. You're more than welcome to come," I smiled at her. Her head was covered with a mint beanie, perfect beach waves poking out from under it, which probably took no effort at all to her. She wore a plain black tank, and a pair of mint coloured skinnies. "I'll invite the guys and we can go out for dinner or something? I can introduce you to all of them."

"It will be neat to meet all of the important people in your life, especially your boyfriend," he smiled, pulling her legs up onto the bed. "I'd like that very much."

"I wouldn't," Brooke mumbled, pulling my pillow over her head.

"Well then, why don't you and Michael hang out tonight," I poked her side, earning a squeal.

"Stop!" she laughed, trying to squirm away. She pulled the pillow from her face and looked up at me. "They have a show tonight in Birmingham. Or I would be."

"Who's Michael?" Georgia asked, seemingly unfazed by the way Brooke was acting.

"A friend," Brooke groaned. "Not like it matters to you."

"Boyfriend?" Georgia winked at her, which made her face turn red.

"No!"

"Brooke, it's okay if he is. No one is gonna judge you," I laughed. "Except maybe Harry."

"I'm not going to judge anyone," he rasped. "You can't blame her for wanting a fuck buddy."

"Oh my gosh," Brooked groaned, throwing the pillow at Harry's head. "We're not sleeping together."

"Harry and I can both testify to the fact that it has definitely happened."

She sighed, scrunching her face up, "That's not what it's like though."

"So there is something going on, you're just not telling us," I smiled down at her, earning a death glare back.

"Charli, I swear. If you weren't my best friend, I'd jump you right here."

"I'd like to see you try," I smugly crossed my arms, laughing at my scowling best friend.

"So we're all going to go out tonight?" Georgia asked, bringing us back into the original topic. "I'll have to get ready then."

"Peach, you look fine," I groaned. "But I on the other hand look like a hot mess, so I'd appreciate it if everyone could go to their own homes so I can have a shower."

"Had enough of us already?" Harry chuckled, sitting up in his current position. He lifted his arms to stretch them over his head, emitting a low groan. "I'm exhausted," he rasped, flopping back down on the bed and pulling the duvet over his face.

"No, I would just like to shower," I rolled my eyes at him. "Plus, I don't expect you to wear the same thing you wore yesterday out tonight, too."

"Is Harry one of 'the guys' then?" Georgia asked, pulling her legs up and crossing them on the bed. An innocent smile played on her lips as she looked between Harry and I.

"Yeah, there are five of them in the band," I spoke, reaching over and pulling the duvet from covering Harry's face. "Get up, you lazy bum."

"Oh, you're in a band Charli?" Georgia queried, slightly raising her eyebrows in shock. "I didn't know you could sing."

Brooke and I burst out in laughter, earning a puzzled look from her. "No, no, no. I'm not, just the guys are."

"Oh. Well that's cool," she smiled, standing from the bed. She slowly made her way towards the bedroom door, stopping to lean on it before speaking. "I'll leave you to get ready, just let me know when you plan on leaving."

I nodded as she left the room. "Okay, you two. Get up. Go home. Shower or whatever the hell you feel like doing, and meet back here at six. I'll text the others to let them know."

Brooke sighed, and pulled the blanket off of her body, displaying the same onesie she had on the night before. She stood up and stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

"I guess I'll walk home," she mumbled.

"Yes you will."

"But it's such a far walk."

"Brooke, it is literally around the corner. It would take me longer to drive you than it would for you to just walk."

"I can drop you off on my way home," Harry groaned as he stood up from the bed.

"Thanks Harry, because it seems like my best friend doesn't love me anymore!" Brooke fake sobbed.

"You can see yourself out, right?" I laughed, earning another glare from the two as they head towards the door together. "I'll see you two later!" I chirped, reaching out for my phone to send a group message out.

Charli: Boys! Sorry for the short notice but let's all meet at Nando's at half six. There's someone I want to introduce to you lot.

Within a few minutes, I received a reply from Niall.

Nialler: Did someone say Nando's? I'm in.

I laughed and typed a reply.

Charli: I figured you'd be.

Nialler: For food? I'm always in!

Liam: Can I bring Soph?

Charli: Yes absolutely!

Liam: Okay, we'll be there!

Harry: I can make it.

Zayn: I'll be there love.

Charli: Harry, you're a moron.

From Boyfriend: Hey baby, I miss you. xx

I smiled as his message popped up on my screen.

To Boyfriend: Hi! ❤️ I can't wait to see you tonight.

From Boyfriend: Is it your sister we're going to meet? xx

To Boyfriend: Yes. I'm really nervous about it.

From Boyfriend: Don't be. It'll be okay. I'll see you there. Love you baby. xx

I sighed and threw my phone on the bed, turning towards my closet to pick out an outfit for tonight's festivities.

--

I had finally finished blow-drying my hair when a knock was heard on the bathroom door.

"Come in!" I sang.

"Hey," the door slowly opened, and my sister's head poked through the crack. "It's half five, just thought I'd let you know."

"Okay, thanks!" I smiled as she walked in and pulled herself onto the countertop.

"I missed hanging out with you," she smiled back. "I'm glad I'm home."

"Me too."

"So, I get to meet your boyfriend tonight, right?"

"Yeah, he's meeting us at the restaurant."

"He better be cute," she grinned, swaying her feet from side to side.

"Don't worry. You'd approve," I laughed. "Gram and Gramps love him."

"How long have you been together?"

"Almost three years."

"Wow!" her eyes widened. "That's a long time."

"Yeah," I grinned like a cheshire cat. "He's amazing."

"How did you guys meet?" she asked in a perky voice. Her eyes lit up waiting for my answer, and I couldn't help but smile.

"You know those bonfires the school had at the beginning of ever year?" I asked, earning a nod from her. "I went with Brooke in our tenth year, and we ran into Niall who was there with him."

"Who is Niall?"

"You'll meet him tonight. He's in the band."

"Alright! Who all am I meeting tonight?" she asked, looking down at her hands and playing with her nails. I noticed they were the same colour as mine and smiled.

"Well, you know Harry and Brooke already..." I said, as I wrapped the blow dryer up and put it under the sink. "So them, plus Niall and my boyfriend. Then there's Liam, who is bringing his girlfriend Sophia, and then hopefully Louis."

"And Liam and Louis are in the band as well then?"

"Yeah, just the five of them."

"That's kind of cool," she smiled, reaching up to play with a small lock of brown curls. "Do they have any shows coming up?"

"Actually, every Friday and Saturday they play downtown."

"So they have one this Friday then?"

"Yep!" I nodded, the corners of my mouth slightly turning up. "I'm pretty much ready, Georgie. I just need to grab my phone and then I can meet you downstairs if you'd like?"

"Alright," she smiled and walked back through the door.

I head back into my room, and picked up the phone off my bed. There were a few messages sent by the guys so I read through them as I head towards the bedroom door. I quickly grabbed a black clutch and opened the door, slipping myself through the crevice.

Lou: I wouldn't miss it. I'm gonna bring El too. She won't shut up about seeing you.

Zayn: Wow, nice Lou.

Liam: Who do you want to introduce us to?

Harry: You'll find out soon enough.

Liam: Do you know who it is, Haz?

Harry: Yeah, I've known her for a while.

Nialler: And you've kept it a secret from us why?

Zayn: Wait, how does Harry know who it is?

Lou: Is she hot?

Harry: Lou, you have a girlfriend.

Lou: That doesn't answer if she's hot or not.

Liam: I don't want to get into this because I have Soph, but He's right, Haz. You didn't answer his question.

Nialler: So we said Nando's, right?

Zayn: Leave it to Ni to switch the topic back to food.

Nialler: I'm hungry. I can't help it.

Liam: You're always hungry.

Lou: Harry, you still didn't answer my question. Are you avoiding answering?

Harry: Lol, you are crazy Lou. I've known her too long to think of her as hot.

Lou: That basically means you do think she's hot, and she's completely out of your league.

Harry: That's not what I said at all, you dick!

Lou: You didn't have to. You forget I've known you since we were basically babies.

Harry: No, I didn't forget that. You're such a tool.

Lou: But you know I'm right Harold.

Harry: Sod off Lou.

Liam: Okay, enough of that you two. Charli, we'll see you there.

The last message was sent twenty minutes ago and I laughed as I read through them.

Charli: You guys kill me. I'll see you lot soon.

I made my way down the stairs and to the table by the front door to set down my clutch. I turned and walked through the archway to the family room, seeing Brooke and Georgia sitting beside each other in the couch, talking quite animatedly.

"Hey, how long have you been down here?" I ask, looking towards my best friend.

"Like fifteen minutes?" she replies and shrugs. "Just talking to your sister."

"Hi, Charli," Georgia smiled. "Brooke said Harry just text her and he's on his way."

"He should be here any time then, he lives practically around the corner."

A knock at the front door was heard, and I walked out of the family room to answer it.

"Hi, Haz," I greeted, opening the door for him to enter.

"Hey, Charli," he mumbled, stepping inside and giving a small wave.

"Why are you being so weird?" I scrunched up my face.

"I'm not?" he threw a fake smile across his face and nervously laughed. "When are we leaving?"

"We can leave any time," I said, peeking my head into the family room. "You two ready to leave?"

"Finally!" they both said at the same time, and gave each other a weird look.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to grab my car keys and clutch, while we waited for the two girls to make their way over to us.

"What took you two so long?" Harry asked in an annoyed tone.

"What's your problem?" Brooke sneered.

"Nothing! Why does everyone keep asking me that?" he shrieked.

"I'll be in the car when you three are ready," I rolled my eyes and opened the front door, making my way over to the car and getting in the drivers seat. I looked up to see them exiting the house. They all piled in, Harry sitting in the front, with the other two in the back.

"Let's go," Harry laughed as he strapped himself in.

I pulled out of the driveway and head towards the restaurant. I turned the radio up to hear a Radiohead song playing.

I quietly sang along, Harry quickly following suit.

"Are you nervous about introducing her?" Harry asked quietly once the song finished.

"Kind of. I mean, I know how she can be, but we talked last night and this afternoon, and I feel like she's honestly really different."

"Maybe she is," he shrugged. "People change."

"Maybe," I looked in the rearview to see Georgia and Brooke talking and whispering to each other. I scrunched up my nose and he noticed, turning his head slightly to look in the back.

"What is that?" he hisses. "They're actually talking civilly?"

"Yeah, just before you got to my place I walked in on them talking. It was so strange."

"Yeah, that I see," he laughed. My eyes flicked to the rearview, the view of the backseat again, and saw them giggling silently to each other. I rolled my eyes, and made a mental note to talk to Brooke about that later.

We pulled up outside of the restaurant and parked in a spot out front. We exited the car and walked into the restaurant, looking for any familiar faces.

"There," Harry said, pointing to a familiar blonde head at the back of the restaurant, head down, focused on his phone. He made his way over and waved at the group. Sitting across from Niall was Liam and Sophia, Eleanor to her left, and Louis on the other side of El.

"Hey guys," Harry smiled, walking up and waving. He sat down beside Sophia and picked up a menu. "I'm starving, when is he gonna get here?"

"Hey, who is the hot chick?" I heard Louis shout. A loud slapping noise came immediately after, and I looked to see Eleanor scolding Lou, as he rubbed his arm.

I smiled and linked my arm with Georgia, who looked up at me and gave a nervous look. "You're fine sis, they're all harmless."

"Is that your boyfriend? The one across from everyone?" she asked, pointing to the blonde.

"No, that's Niall," I laughed, pulling her towards the table. When we walked up, five pairs of eyes were trained on us. The sixth still stared at the menu.

"Everyone, I want you to meet Georgia, my sister," I smiled, seeing all of their eyes light up.

"Wait, sister? I thought your sister lived in Canada," Louis said in a shocked tone. "Is that really your sister?"

" I'm not a hologram," Georgia sassed. I sat down in one chair, leaving an empty spot between Niall and myself for Zayn. Georgia sat down next to me, with Brooke next to her. "But yes, I'm really Charli's sister."

"Ooh, feisty!" Louis laughed, earning a glare again from Eleanor. He stuck his hand across the table, "I'm Louis!"

"Georgia," she smiled and shook his hand.

"This is my beautiful girlfriend, Eleanor!"

Georgia waves and Eleanor placed a fake smile on her face. "Hi."

"Georgia, that's Liam," I motioned towards him, and he stuck his hand out.

"Hello," he smiled. "It's lovely to meet you. This is Sophia."

Georgia stuck her hand out and shook his hand, then turning to Sophia.

"Hi Georgia!" Sophia placed a genuine smile on her face. "So you're Charli's sister?"

"Yeah, she's my older sister," I laughed, getting an elbow jabbed in my side from her.

She sighed and laughed, "Are you going to introduce me to Blondie over there?"

"Sorry, almost forgot!" I said, looking towards him. "Niall, this is Georgia."

He looked up from his phone, blue eyes widening. "H-hi-hi," he stuttered. "I'm Ni-iall."

Georgia silently giggled to herself and waved. "Hi, Niall. I'm Georgia," her eyes flickered to mine, and I smirked. Her eyes widened and she blushed.

Interesting...

"Harry, did you know Georgia was who she was talking about?" Liam asked.

"Yeah," he mumbled, continuing to flip through the menu. "I went with Charli to pick her up."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I don't know," Harry shrugged, eyes never leaving the menu.

"You could've given us a hint or something." Louis asked.

"I kind of did, by saying that I've known her for a while," he slapped the menu shut and looked down the table. "Plus, Charli said she had someone to introduce to you."

"And that means...?"

"It wasn't my thing to tell," Harry rolled his eyes, earning a scowl from Louis. They seemed like they were having a silent conversation before Louis huffed and looked away.

"Finally, he arrives," Liam laughed, looking towards the door. My head shot around to see Zayn strolling through the restaurant towards us.

My eyes widened and a huge smile came across my face. I stood up as he stopped in front of us and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "Hi, baby!"

"Hi, love," he smiled, giving me a quick kiss before detaching himself. We quickly sat down in our seats, linking our hands together under the table.

"Baby, this is my sister, Georgia," I smiled, leaning back in my seat so the two to see each other.

Her jaw dropped open as she stared at him. "Zayn?"

-----------------------------

Authors Note:

Let me just put it out there, that I wrote an entirely different version of this chapter, but didn't really like it. It's one of those things where you're like, meh I can live without this chapter happening. So I got removed it, and wrote this one. Maybe I'll use it at a later time?

And I'll say that I'm so much happier with this chapter than with the other version.

Yep. I ended it that way. I also want to say that this chapter is so much longer than my other ones, so I feel like it's fair to end it that way.

As always... please comment and vote! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 159 15
18 year old, Emma Hudson gets herself invited to go on tour with her celebrity boyfriend, Harry Styles, and the rest of One Direction and she can't d...
2.4K 119 22
Jordan is a nineteen year old that has been abused by her mom and dad her whole life. She decides to run away to find her celebrity brother. She als...
34.6K 1K 50
Ashley is just a normal teenage American girl...Or so she thought. What will happen when she goes backstage at a One Direction concert? Ashley finds...
1.2K 89 22
Shaiden and Harry have been dating for a few months now. Harry had to move back to England with his mom after his grandma had passed away which resul...