Meet Me in the Coffee Shop

By pork_katsudon

WARNING: CRINGE-WORTHY MATERIAL Layla Lewis is a normal girl with a perfect life. She has a great job and a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 2

124 12 7
By pork_katsudon

When I open my eyes, I see darkness. My eyes adjust before I could see where I am and remember what happened. I reach out to the nearest thing that I could get ahold of and grab a rose. With thorns. Oww.

I look around and I'm in a hole. I pull myself out and inspect the scene. I appear to be in an empty desert with a desolate coffeeshop by a road.

I reach for my phone in my purse. When I check the screen, there's no service and I only have 15% battery left. Better save it while I got it.

I head towards the coffeeshop when I hear a grating sound. It sounds like a continuous beeping from where I crashed. Uh oh. My car self destructs and produces a minor explosion. I'm blown off my feet and land right in front of the building.

I dust off my clothes and open the doors to the coffeshop. It's very ancient and kind of forlorn. All of a sudden, lights flicker on and it looks as if I walked into a christmas store. It isn't long until I see a man sitting in a chair, reading.

He is tall, muscular, and has dark, rusty hair. He's wearing a casual outfit. I take a look at the book in his hands. Percy Jackson. He looks up from his book and I see he has hazel eyes. He's handsome enough to be a model.

"May I help you?"
"I-I...Uhh."

Oh my gosh. He has a British accent. Of course he does. Someone this good looking can't NOT have a British accent. I stand there until I realize I'm staring at him.

"Sorry if I scared you. Let's start at the beginning. My name is Maxwell Wellington. My friends call me Max."
"H-Hi. I'm Layla Lewis. You didn't scare me. You actually made me stand in awe."

Nice going, Layla.

"Well, why don't you take a seat and tell me what happened?"

Weird. I'm usually the one helping people with their problems. I walk towards the table anyway and realize that what I'm about to say will make people call me crazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
4.7M 252K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...