BENEFITS | YUNSANG

By egangmo

"Can you imagine how devastating it sounds when they say the bad kid never learned his lesson? And to tell th... More

Prologue
Dodgeball
Backseat
Mannequin
Shirts
Vanilla
Outlet
Bike
Birthday
Aphrodite
Calls
Drones
Theme Park
Motel
Skateboard
Skatepark
Sensitive
Library
Cupcakes
16 Shots
Beautiful
Angel's Kiss
Red
Vulnerable
Scarred
Ward
Missing Yunho
Missing Yeosang
Wheelchair
Nightmare
Willow
Sleepover
Tears
Rumour
Lovesick
I Hate You
Atone
Congratulations
Messed Up
Shy
Epilogue
Book 2!

Cinema

383 43 9
By egangmo

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Not a word."

"Why?! Mom needs to know, or how else can we tell if those men will hunt for us again? I'm not ready to see my mom's life at risk despite being the son in the family, I was born to protect!" The chatterbox side of Yeosang makes his senior giggle softly.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Ryung cups her mouth. Yeosang glares at her and grips the strap of his bag tight. "Okay, listen. They didn't lay a hand, nonetheless, we were still in fear. They demanded for your mom with no reason in particular. Imagine if you were in my shoes and see half a dozen men terrorizing a tiny bakery. Just know beforehand, we didn't expose any personal information of yours nor your mother's."

"Did they leave anything behind?"

"That's exactly what I was gonna show you." Ryung walks up to her locker and busts in open. The senior digs into her locker and reveals a folded note. "I was gonna hand it to you last Friday, but you left pretty soon."

Yeosang frowns at the phone number written. "You should've given this to my mom."

"We don't have the guts to tell her. Plus, she's just gotten a new job. Let this settle later on."

"Fine, I'll call them myself." Ryung watches Yeosang stuff the note in his pocket. "But still, we can't hide this any longer-"

Before Yeosang finishes his sentence, his phone vibrates in his pocket together with a new message tone. Yiren's name pops up on the screen above a short text that has Yeosang's heart race dangerously.

Yiren
The movies this Saturday?

"Fuck yes."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Hey, I'm gonna fetch our snacks."

"Sure." Yeosang grins as Yiren hurries off to the food cashier. He hears his phone buzz in his pocket and takes it out to view the text.

Yunho
Yeosangie~
You busy tonight?
Wanna come over and hang out?
I'm boredd

You
I'm out with someone

Yunho
Who

You
None of your business

Yunho
Sheesh chill
Where

You
Must I tell you everything?

Yunho
Yeah duh
Gotta keep you safe

Reading Yunho's text irritates him at the same time Yeosang could feel his heart flutter as blood rush to his cheeks.

You
Not anywhere in particular, just strolling

Yunho
Fineee
I'm on my own tonight I guess
:((
It's not like I'm asking for sympathy tho-
Anyway have fun!! :D

You
Thanks

"Geez, why am I so dry?" Yeosang mutters to himself. Yiren returns a minute later in a sad expression. "What's wrong?"

She points to the screen for tonight's movie schedule. "There's another movie right after the one we're watching, I wanna see it too!"

"Do you wanna purchase for both tonight? I don't mind staying back with you." Yeosang says to her softly.

"That's very sweet of you, Yeosang, but I can't waste my money on one movie night." Yiren bites her lower lip to take a moment of brainstorming God knows what. For her, Yeosang is willing to give up his own pocket money to spare another movie, that's when he takes out his wallet only to see Yiren pointing to the screen again, smirking.

"They're in the same hall." She whispers to him. "We're not paying for both."

"Wh-wha-"

"Trust me, Yeosang. Listen to what I say and we'll both binge two movies at once tonight. We'll be fine." Yiren flashes him a wink as she drags him to the entrance.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

The credits scroll down the big screen as the audience line up to exit the hall. Forgetting about their stay, Yeosang stands up to follow along when Yiren tugs him back down and nods her head to the floor. She gestures for him to follow her pace to sneak under the chairs before the lights turn on, to which they succeed their hide in time.

"They have to clear the hall quickly before the next film, they won't pass our row," Yiren murmurs under her breath. Yeosang nods.

Yiren has an incredible image of being decisive in these situations. Being with her will never be his waste of time.

As soon as the janitors leave the hall for the new audience to enter, Yiren invites Yeosang way too quickly one janitor notices her existence. "Hi. I came in a little too early while you were cleaning, sorry."

"Sorry, ma'am. I didn't notice."

Yiren crouches down and helps the male crawl out from under the chair, giggling as if nothing matters to her. "Ready for another round of free binge-watching?"

"I almost had a heart attack, Yiren." Yeosang glances around. Yiren giggles louder and gives him a side hug, enough for him to lose control over her touch.

The next hours of their second movie fly by like a clockwork that counts the number of times Yeosang drifts to sleep in the middle of the movie. Surely, he's desperate for it to end. On the other hand, Yiren is as energetic as ever since she's been craving for her wishlist rather than paying attention to Yeosang's weary condition. The boy knocks his head over a couple of time yet Yiren doesn't seem to mind at all. As if she cares.

Lights flicker on and blind Yeosang's pupils under his eyelids. He furrows his brows and rubs his eyes to recall his presence in a movie hall. Yiren jumps up from her seat and squeals.

"That was one of the coolest films I've watched all my life! I enjoyed it so much, did you enjoy it too, Yeosang?"

"Sorry, I got carried away." Yeosang yawns.

Yiren scoffs. "Didn't you say you didn't mind staying back with me?" She puffs her cheeks.

Yeosang chuckles and didn't realize himself caressing the girl's cheek. "At least you won't be going home alone. What time is it?"

"Almost 2."

"It's so late..." Yeosang walks behind her down to the exit as the last customers of the movie hall. Suddenly, Yiren sees a guard standing outside the exit and gasps.

"Shit."

"What?"

"I forgot about it..." Yiren fumbles around panicked. She pauses her strange act and rushes to the girls lining up in front of them, confusing Yeosang behind. "Hey, guys."

"Uh hey?" One of the girls answer.

"That movie was so fun wasn't it?"

Yeosang guesses they're Yiren's friends and lets her be. That's when he reaches the security guard who immediately blocks his way. "Sir, your ticket?"

He tries to snap himself out of his drowsy thought. "Ticket?"

"Yes, your ticket for tonight's movie."

"Oh, I... The ticket?" Yeosang looks over the guard's shoulder and sees Yiren leaving him behind the girls. She spins to him and mouths an apology, shamelessly speeding out of the trouble he's in. "Uh sorry..."

"You don't have the ticket?" The guard hardens his tone. "You trespassed?"

"No, no that's not what I mean..." Internally cursing himself for being so sleepy in this unsuitable situation, Yeosang searches for an excuse only to end up spluttering out nonsense because of his drowsy state of mind.

"Well, I guess you'll be following me, hm?" The guard chuckles and grasps Yeosang's arm. "It'll be nice to spend the night at the police station tonight..."

Yeosang panics, tears flooding his swollen eyes. "Wait, sir, please listen to me-"

"I'm being awfully kind to ask you to let go of his arm and leave."

They glance to the source of the voice where Yunho calmly approaches them from the exit. The guard scowls at him. "It might've been less necessary for you to butt in but I'm taking this young boy to the station to report him for illegally breaking an entrance."

"It certainly might but what would stop me from blackmailing you loafing about in the middle of your shift?" Yunho shoves his phone in front of the guard's nose, displaying a video of the guard snoozing in his office. "I wouldn't hesitate one bit. Now if you'd be so kind, hand over the boy to me."

The guard growls a handful of curses. "I'll give myself up this one time. Delete that video and leave, both you and your boyfriend, or whoever that kid is. This scum..."

With that, the guard releases Yeosang's arm and thrusts his worn-out body into Yunho's arms. Yunho gives the guard a death stare before he carries Yeosang out of the cinema.

The next thing Yeosang knows, his body is laying against Yunho's back on his rumbling motorcycle, in the middle of an empty highway. He chooses not to react, for he's thankful for being saved by the guy he has so many mixed feelings for. Yeosang forms a small smile and tightens his arms around Yunho's waist. He snuggles his head against Yunho's back for more comfort. Yunho tenses at the younger's movements and takes his eyes off the road to see the passenger behind.

"Yeosang?"

"Hm?"

"Nothing. Go back to sleep."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Don't forget your vote<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1K 33
a story about Kang Yeosang who doesn't believe in love. He always fortifies other people's feelings for him and keeps all the feelings he has with de...
37.6K 1.5K 38
[COMPLETED] Yeosang is just a college student but when he met Seonghwa his life changed and it would never be the same anymore. ----- -BOY X BOY -SE...
18.4K 814 26
[COMPLETED] āœ…ļø Seonghwa loathed the annoying prick. Aka, Kim Hongjoong. He was smug and cocky and was way too in control. He hated everything about h...
4.9K 235 14
Wooyoung is really nervous to be apart of the meeting until he strikes conversation with a fellow parent. It turns out that the parent is a Single fa...