The Bull Prince | Max Verstap...

Par water4lily

Joanna Lauda was already a two-time world champion and no longer new to the sport, but what she didn't expect... Plus

Beginning
Chapter One: The Art of War
Chapter Two: Max Verstappen
Chapter Three: Fernando Alonso
Chapter Four: Mark Webber
Chapter Five: Lewis Hamilton
Chapter Six: Alain Prost
Chapter Seven: Nico Rosberg
Chapter Eight: Joanna Lauda
Chapter Nine: Romain Grosjean
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
THE SEQUEL
SEQUEL - Chapter 01
SEQUEL - Chapter 02
SEQUEL - Chapter 03
SEQUEL - Chapter 04
SEQUEL - Chapter 05
SEQUEL - Chapter 06
SEQUEL - Chapter 07
SEQUEL - Chapter 08
SEQUEL - Chapter 09
SEQUEL - Chapter 10
SEQUEL - Chapter 11
SEQUEL - Chapter 12
SEQUEL - Chapter 13
SEQUEL - Chapter 14
SEQUEL - Chapter 15
SEQUEL - Chapter 16
SEQUEL - Chapter 17
SEQUEL - Chapter 18
SEQUEL - Chapter 19
SEQUEL - Chapter 20
SEQUEL - Chapter 21
SEQUEL - Chapter 22
SEQUEL - Chapter 23
SEQUEL - Chapter 24
SEQUEL - Chapter 25
SEQUEL - Chapter 26
SEQUEL - Chapter 27
SEQUEL - Chapter 28
SEQUEL - Chapter 29
SEQUEL - Chapter 30
SEQUEL - Chapter 31
SEQUEL - Chapter 32
SEQUEL - Chapter 33
SEQUEL - Chapter 34
SEQUEL - Chapter 35
SEQUEL - Chapter 36
SEQUEL - Chapter 37
SEQUEL - Chapter 38
SEQUEL - Chapter 39
SEQUEL - Chapter 40
SEQUEL - Chapter 41
SEQUEL - Chapter 42
SEQUEL - Chapter 43
SEQUEL - Chapter 44
SEQUEL - Chapter 45
SEQUEL - Chapter 46
SEQUEL - Chapter 47
SEQUEL - Chapter 48
SEQUEL - Chapter 49
SEQUEL - Chapter 50
SEQUEL - Chapter 51
SEQUEL - Chapter 52
SEQUEL - Chapter 53
SEQUEL - Chapter 54
SEQUEL - Chapter 55

Chapter 17

5.3K 165 39
Par water4lily

Jenson had watched as Joanna stood up from her seat and offered it to Romain Grosjean, who took it with excitement but also restraint by the weird atmosphere in the room. It was odd and the Brit could feel the threat in the air. Seeing the Frenchman sitting in the seat which belonged to Joanna Lauda for the last six years was alienating. However, considering the current driver standing, Romain was the best option Joanna could offer, apart from herself, of course. 

The Austrian looked at Daniel Ricciardo with a raised eyebrow, before she turned around to Alex, asking him if there was something else he wished to talk about, to which he answered that she was free to leave. Nodding shortly, Joanna walked over to the door, opened it, and stepped out into the corridor. Observed all the time from the other drivers. 

"You really let her do that?" Jenson asked bewildered and as neither Alex nor Sebastian made a more to get up and run after the Austrian Ferrari driver, Jenson did exactly that. 

"Joanna, wait." He called out, before he disappeared through the door as well, closing it behind him with a loud bang. 

Sebastian exhaled slowly, directly looking at Daniel. "Are you happy now?" He questioned which caused Daniel to give him a hard look. 

"It was her decision." Daniel defended himself, which caused Nico Rosberg to snort, before laughing. Daniel turned to him, about to asked what the German thought so funny. 

"I don't know about you guys but retirement doesn't sound so bad any longer. If Joanna gets back to her old form now because she doesn't play babysitter anymore, we can go home anyways." Nico said, still laughing about how hopeless his last attempt on a title win now would be. 

"Nico," Lewis warned, but Fernando stopped him. 

"Why? It's the truth. He just woke a sleeping dragon, no? Thanks for that by the way. Two years of her absolutely dominating everything wasn't bad enough." 

"Nothing will change." Sebastian tried to insist.

"Please. You were there at the time. The only thing that stopped her from sweeping across the track like a hurricane was Mark and Michael, but both of them are unfortunately no longer here." Fernando told him before he got up and left the meeting. 

Daniel was still sulking in his seat, as the rest of the drivers filled out of the room. Max looked at him shortly, before he left as well, not saying a word. 

---------------

"Joanna, wait," Jenson called again, but the Austrian simply ignored him until he was close enough to grasp her arm and pull her to a stop in the middle of the paddock. Joanna wasn't happy about being stopped, but her face softened a little bit as she saw Jenson's worried expression. 

"Let's talk back there. Fewer people." She said before pulling Jenson with her, so they were standing between the Ferrari and Red Bull facility. 

"I can't believe you let Daniel win," Jenson mumbled into his hands while leaning against the wall of the Ferrari facility. 

"You know he won't stop. Dan is like a child. If you give in to him once, he will never stop asking for more." Jenson added as Joanna still made no move to say anything. He grew frustrated until he removed his hands from his face to give Joanna a pointed look, but she was She was like tranquillity itself.

"I know." She admitted before a little smile crept onto her porcelain face. Causing Jenson to realize that she was still playing games. This was somehow part of one of her games. 

"You're fucking insane," Jenson muttered, which caused Joanna to smile again. Giving up her position as GPDA director just so Daniel would learn a lesson as one too much for Jenson but Joanna always liked a many-faced game. Nobody would expect her to go that far, but Joanna was called the Red Queen for a reason and Daniel didn't even know what was coming for him.

"What's the plan then?" Jenson wanted to know, as Joanna turned to see how was walking past the facility and could see them. 

"I played my part. The rest is out of my hands." The Austrian said with a surge of her shoulder, which caused Jenson to groan. 

"I don't like this plan of yours." 

"Believe me you will love it." She said sweetly, not telling Jenson anything but reassuring him that everything would work out alright. Still, she wouldn't admit that she was past her rule to not hurt her friends. Daniel tried to hit her where it hurts and she will do the same. The only difference between Joanna and Daniel was that she was a master of this game and Daniel a fool, who believed he could simply come around and push her from her throne. Well, he was terribly wrong. 

The plan was simple. All she had to do was wait. Daniel has practically laid out his own trap. Forcing her to give up her position as GPDA director was a mistake. His goals were simply too ambitious for a beginner, but he would soon realize that. The others will now turn their backs on him, especially the older ones who knew what he might have done. Joanna was now popular with the majority of the drivers, but that wasn't always the case. Her driving style, especially in the beginning, was considered dangerous and overzealous, something that earned her a reputation. She fought and won by using her fingernails and teeth, but most of the drivers didn't like it. She was too aggressive for them and to see such behavior from the Austrian again filled some with fear and horror. Maybe she would take advantage of that in the next races to speed up the whole process. Sooner or later, a situation will arise that Romain, without practice, will not be able to handle as well as Joanna would have done, and then all that is needed is a little push and the game will be won.

"I hope you're doing this for yourself." He said eventually, "other people won't remember your choices thirty years in the future." 

"That's where you're wrong, Jens. I'm Joanna Lauda. They will remember everything."

"Fuck them, it is you who has to live with your choices. Are you happy?" Jenson asked Joanna, who presented him with a sweet look once more before patting his shoulder while walking past him. 

"Happiness doesn't define you. You're name and reputation does." 

---------------

During the qualifying in Austria, the drivers behaved exceptionally well, which brought a smile to Joanna's lips. Hidden behind her helmet, of course, but she was glad that everyone seemed to be following the rules. However, to be precise, this was no longer Joanna's problem, so for the first time in ages, she could concentrate properly on qualifying without being distracted by stuff and someone else's problems. Her head was pleasantly empty, just like in the first years of her career, Joanna felt set free and it showed in her result. Pole position in Spielberg. A track that normally didn't suit Ferrari, but Joanna wasn't Ferrari.

Changed and ready to go, Joanna ran right in Toto, who was on his way to the Mercedes facility with a stack of papers in his arms, which were now littered on the floor in the middle of the paddock.  

"Oh sorry," Joanna muttered, which caused the other Austrian to tell her that it was nothing. She was about to get on the floor to help him gather the papers before she stopped in her movements. 

"Can I help? I mean ... it looks like it's important and I don't want to put my nose in your things." The younger Austrian said a little bit unsure how to behave, which caused Toto to look up at her with a smile. 

"It's alright, Joanna. There's nothing you can ready so fast that it will help Ferrari." He promised, which caused the Austrian to ignore the little jap at her team and drop to her knees and help to stack up the papers again. Toto will defiantly have to go through them again.  Lifting the papers in her arms, she handed them to the Austrian Mercedes principal, who thanked her shortly for helping. 

"Actually, I meant to talk to you," Toto added, which caused Joanna to lift an eyebrow in confusion. Joanna was part of Ferrari for six years now, normally the Austrian hadn't any business with the Mercedes principal. 

"Yeah?" She questioned as he monitored for her to follow him over to the Mercedes facility. 

"Do you have a moment to catch up over a coffee?" He questioned already holding the door to the Mercedes facility open with one hand, waiting for her to step in. Checking her watch shortly, Joanna nodded before she followed Toto. 

The Mercedes principal handed someone the papers, with the instructions to go through them again, before he gestured for Joanna to follow him to a table in a more private corner, offering her to take a seat, while a young waitress was already taking their orders for drinks. 

Looking around while Toto spoke to the girl, Joanna realized that she sticking out like a sore thumb. Her red Ferrari polo was sticking uncomfortably to her skin. 

"There are rumors that you want to leave," Toto said, watching her closely to see her reaction, but Joanna did nothing to hide her decision, she exhaled slowly before taking a sip from her cappuccino. So it was the truth that the coffee at Mercedes tasted better. 

"There are no rumors, someone I trusted with my decision has come to you. Tell me, was it, Mark?" She wanted to know, which caused Toto to lean back into his seat before he nodded once. He saw no reason to hide that the Aussie had swung by for a coffee with Toto after an interview where he might have mentioned that Joanna had planned to leave F1. Something Toto needed to consider when he wanted the best team because Joanna's ambitions to leave F1 also meant that she would level Ferrari and with a good offer he might be able to move her retirement to another date in the future. 

"He hasn't mentioned as to why you want to leave but I thought why not throw my hat into the ring. You're one of the most talented drivers on the grip and I can offer you a car which can win championships." Toto started, which caused Joanna to snort softly while leaning back in her seat as well. 

"You just don't want me to change my mind and go to Christian." She pointed out, which caused Toto to pull a funny face, showing his displeasure at the mentioning of the Red Bull team principal. He knew that his chances to get Joanna were slim should Christian offer as well, but Mark came to him and not to Christian so he was still in the game. Christian might not have known about the opportunity that Toto snatched from under his nose, which made it all the sweeter. 

"I have to admit your relationship with the Red Bull people is closer than with us, but I have an empty seat next year and I want you to drive for us." Toto wasn't one to play games should he want something and the Austrian sitting in front of him was a champion he would love to add to his collection.

"Does Nico know you're kicking him out?" Joanna wanted to know while looking around the room. Nobody apart from Toto seemed to pay her any mind and she enjoyed that. At Ferrari, she was always in the middle of everything. There was no way she would ever be able to eat lunch in peace because someone had forgotten something or they had some problem.

" Why would you think it's Nico?" The older Austrian wanted to know. It was the truth, but Nico had only told him and Niki about his decision, he didn't know that Joanna was informed as well.

"This isn't my first year here. I know how these things work. Lewis has more stamina than Nico. Nico just wants to match his dad, Lewis wants to win everything."

"You're right. Nico is leaving at the end of the year. It was his decision. He wants to have more time with his daughters. He has decided that he wants to end his career." Toto admitted and Joanna was glad that she guessed right. Now she had something on her hands to motivate Nico to help her play her games if she needed some assistance. The only one she pitied was Lewis. The Brit had no idea what was coming for him. 

 "You, on the other hand, don't really want to end your career. You feel like you're stuck and you miss the old days, which I can understand. Let me help you, Joanna. Together, I promise you, a world championship is very possible. You just need the right team to look after you and things will get better again." The older Austrian said, reaching out to put his hand on Joanna's in a comforting gesture. For Toto Race drivers were traumatized little kids, who were sat on a kart with four and send out to practice in the rain until they were perfect. Joanna Lauda was no exception. She was rather the confirmation.

Joanna needed a strong but gentle hand to carry her but also to guide her if she needed it. Assurance and encourage was the most important thing to keep a driver going. Ferrari had underestimated how much acknowledgment Joanna really needed but Toto was ready to give it to her. A difficult personality wasn't a problem for him, only the performance on track mattered and when you treated the Austrian right, she would win you everything you ever wanted just to make you proud. 

Considering his words for a moment Joanna took another sip from her coffee. "Ferrari thinks I'm renewing. That I'll invest more years of my life in them." She reminded Toto and yes, he was very aware of that.

Another thing that was making the whole situation so good from his perspective. Binotto wasn't even thinking a driver should ever willingly leave Ferrari, but Joanna wasn't one to overstay her welcome. In the nine years of her carrier, it was always Joanna who decided to pack her things and leave. The Italian had no idea that he would have to replace Joanna with someone else at the end of the season and Christian had no idea what was happening behind his back. It was too easy for Toto.

"We both know that's not going to happen. All I'm asking is that you think about it. Do you really want to sit at home next year, or do you want to fight for a world championship? We all know you're not done yet." Joanna listened to all Toto had to say, before she took the last sip of her coffee and checked her watch.

"I will give you a call after the summer break." She promised after thanking him for the coffee and left the Mercedes facility.

Toto watched her walk down the paddock in order to reach the car park through the windows. Leaning back in his seat, he exhaled slowly. "Do you have her on the hook?" The voice asked behind him, which caused Toto to look over his shoulder before he nodded.

"I do think so. She's hard to read if she wants to be." Toto admitted, which caused Niki to nod once, before sitting down in the seat his daughter had sat the last hour or so.

"She wouldn't have stayed so long wouldn't she be interested," Niki told Toto, causing the younger Austrian to nod.

"Ferrari needs to fuck her over only once more and she will come running to sign with us," Niki added, which caused Toto to wonder what a person Joanna would have grown up to be if Niki would have cared for his only daughter instead of sending her away to one boarding school after the other. 

-----------------

"Did you went fucking mental since the last time we spoke, which was last night?" Sebastian called over to Joanna as soon as he saw the Austrian approaching her car. Jumping back, the younger Ferrari driver didn't expect someone to wait for her in the car park, which nearly scared her to death. 

"Fuck, Seb. First of all, do that never again you nearly scared me to death, and second, language." Joanna called back, a hand still over her chest, while she tried her best to get her breathing back under control. 

Sebastian wasn't impressed by her words. He wanted an explanation of what had happened between their little meeting in Lewis's room and this morning. So he walked up to her and felt her forehead, which caused Joanna to pull her head back, looking at him distraught. 

"What ya doing?" She questioned, which caused Sebastian to frown at her. "No fever. Only stupidity." Giving him an unimpressed look, Joanna swatted his hand away. 

"If something bothers you, you can say it normally, you know. No need to say I'm stupid."

"Not stupid but most definitely mad." Seb had expected Joanna to fight back and tell him what she had planned, but the Austrian long shrugged with a funny expression on her face.

"Are you drunk? Is that it?" He questioned again, which caused Joanna to laugh. 

"I had 20 kids for the last six years and now I'm free. I mean I will litter the floor with bloody bodies for Daniel forcing me to step back but for now, I will just enjoy the feeling that for once everybody I'm responsible for is myself." The Austrian told him while playing with her keys. 

"I don't know how to respond to that."

"Then don't. I'm going to treat myself to a massage now. Have a nice day for once, Sebi. See ya tomorrow." Joanna said, kissing his cheek, before getting into her Ferrari and driving off. 

"What the fuck was that?" Sebastian muttered to himself, believing that Joanna finally went mad after all these years. 

-----------------

Max was frustrated. Eighth in qualifying was a fucking joke. He had given his everything, but it didn't work out. It was strange, he had felt so fast but wasn't. A terrible feeling. Daniel had out-qualified him and so had Joanna. He was totally coughed up in his head after seeing her coming out of Daniel's room yesterday in the middle of the night and she went and got herself pole position like she didn't even think about the situation at all.

Max felt uneasy since he saw her yesterday speaking with Mark Webber and now, he didn't even know what to think anymore. Mark and her strange conversation in the hotel bar, her coming from Daniel's room, stepping back as GPDA director and making Romain taking her place, Jenson running after her like a lost puppy, and her sitting in the Mercedes facility with Toto Wolff, Max had to look twice to make sure it was really Joanna in her bright crimson red team wear drinking coffee at Mercedes. It felt like the whole world went mental overnight.

Sitting in his room at Red Bull, Max had no intention to go back to the hotel, so he made someone get him a PlayStation. He rather wanted to sulk in his driver's room and play some FIFA before getting back and walking straight into something he never wanted to see in the first place.

Rolling his eyes, Max groaned. He had lost again, totally coughed up in his thoughts. Leaning back against the little bench he was sitting on. He considered getting up and going for a run as the door opened and Helmut Marko walked in without knocking, Christian on his heels, but the Brit had a sheepish expression on. Most likely trying to apologize for their barging in.

Max sat up a little bit more. Looking at them with a questioning expression. It's not daily that he gets a scowling from both of them at the same time after a terrible qualifying. He thought Helmut was done after he had a go at him right after he came back to the garage.

"Max, we need you to tell us what you know about Joanna's relationship with Ferrari." Christian started, which caused the Dutch to look surprised.

"What's there to know?" Max asked a little bit perplexed, not knowing what his boss wanted him to tell them now.

"Think, boy. Has she ever complained or said that she is no longer happy there, that she would like to change teams?" Helmut asked Max, which caused the young Dutch to frown.

"I don't know her that well. She's never said anything to me though. Why?"

"We knew that something was going on. Mark talked with Toto yesterday and today Joanna is drinking coffee at Mercedes. Toto tries to get her, and we can't let that happen." Christian said more to Helmut than to Max.

"What do we care? Red Bull has two drivers." Max questioned which caused the two to focus on their young driver again.

"We are talking about Joanna Lauda," Helmut said as if that would have been enough of an explanation. Max wanted to ask if he should worry about his seat, but in the end, he knew they wouldn't tell him anyway.

"Do you know why she stepped back as GPDA director this morning?" Christian asked Max again, which caused the Dutch to look at his boss. The GPDA meeting wasn't meant for the ears of team principals, Max knew that, so he only shrugged.

"Max, you understand that loyalty to your team is the most important right? Telling us would show us how loyal you are. Loyal people keep their seats." Helmut tried which caused Christian to look at the Austrian. Asking their driver to share some information was one thing but putting pressure on him like that was wrong.

"Dan, most likely. I don't know what's going on between the two of them, but I saw her coming from his room late last night. For all I know, they're fucking each other." Max muttered the last bit quietly, but Christian heard him, nevertheless, causing him to give Max a funny look.

"Joanna and Daniel that will never happen, Max. I can promise you that. They're like siblings. But I've got an idea now what might have caused her to step back." Christian said while Max watched him confused. He didn't expect Christian to say something like that.

"Seems like we need to talk to a certain Austrian," Christian said turning to Helmut, who nodded.

"Wait, who will lose his seat should Joanna sign with Red Bull? Daniel or I?" The Dutch questioned, not at all happy about the situation.

"Joanna is a reliable and seasoned driver. We don't need two of that." Helmut said, before adding that that still wasn't a reason for Max to get cocky. 

Good that Max saw no reason to get cocky. He didn't want Joanna to be his teammate. He wanted her at Ferrari, where she belonged. Red Bull was his team, where he had the protection and the environment to learn. Joanna would only be a threat within his own four walls. He loved to share his home with her, but his team was his. 

Biting his lip, Max thought about Christian's reaction as Max accursed Joanna and Daniel of sleeping with each other. He simply laughed after pulling a funny face. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

29.4K 423 45
Being born into the mafia, you are given the choice at eighteen to stay or leave. But even if you choose to leave, there are always rules that need t...
247K 5.7K 37
the story of becca sommer and her journey through the academy system to become the first female f1 driver. through grief, regret, betrayal, suffering...
97K 1.2K 26
Ivory Reyes is the stepsister of Lewis Hamilton,7 time F1 world champion But what happens after she has an affair with his biggest rival on the grid...
222K 2.6K 52
In the adrenaline-fueled world of Formula 1, Willow DeVille stood out not just for her exceptional driving skills but also for her determination to b...