Slicing My Flesh

By greenmarisa

Book 5 of the Gun To My Head Series 2nd Book of Zena's story I recommend reading the other books before this... More

Character List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
Question Timeeee
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Epilogue
Bonus Chapters
Acacia's POV: 1
Acacia's POV: 2
Acacia POV: 3
Acacia POV: 4
Acacia's POV: 5
Acacia's POV: 6
Acacia POV: 7
Acacia POV: 8
Acacia POV: 9
Acacia's POV: 10
KIKI's book
Next Book to Read in Series

61

477 28 16
By greenmarisa

After we flew around for a bit, we allowed ourselves to split. We then each ran off to do our own thing. I watched Ken grab Nyx and drag her somewhere. Kiki walked to Gello and began speaking to her about something. All that was in my mind was ACACIA!

She smiled and was about to say something to me, but I wrapped my arms around her. I then spun the giggling girl around. She chuckled and held onto my arms when I placed her down. She then took my hand and led me to a private place. The realm was pure white with only a small two story structure in the middle. I think Nyx and Ken already claimed the bedroom, so Acacia and I settled with the outside.

"I'm so happy you're here!" I attacked her with another hug.

"Taemin came to get me when you were almost done." She smiled. "He kept me waiting inside since you get distracted by me." I blushed at her words.

"It's not my fault you're gorgeous, ethereal elf." It was her turn to blush.

"Pupu, I'd like to apologize for my reaction." I looked down and sighed. "I- yes, I was scared." She admitted. "I figured that Millie was the infamous Lara, but I didn't suspect she was your mother for some reason. I always thought her daughter would be callous and cold... not warm and soft and lovable like you." She held my face in her hands.

"You really hurt me when you ran." A tear slipped out my eyes. "I thought you didn't want me any-"

"No! I'll always desire you Zena." She gripped my hands. "I heard scary stories about your mom and seeing her... when I fully knew who she was..." She looked down. "It terrified me. She was able to wipe out all the vampires easily. She didn't even break a sweat and they were all dead. I saw her darkened eyes and I thought- I thought I'd die, Zena." She choked back a sob.

"I would've protected you." I whispered.

"You were hurt and dying! I thought I was gonna lose you and I couldn't handle it. I ran when I should've stayed. I wanted to see you and apologize, so I contacted Hailey. She was angry at me, but told me you were in Italy. She only helped me because Hailey loves you so much and wants you to be happy."

"But you never came, Acacia. You didn't even get me recovery flowers." I cried.

"I tried, but I got blocked." I met her eyes. Who blocked her? Did my moms- "Naomi refused to let me see you." She sighed. "I traveled to Italy with my friends because we were all worried about you, but Naomi and her friends turned us away. She told me that you never wanted to see me again and that I caused irreversible damage to you." Her breathing began to become erratic. "I-I thought you hated me."

"I could never hate you."I embraced her. "And I wanted you everyday." I whispered.

"Amelia came out and was confused why I wouldn't go in, but I left before Naomi spoke to her. I-I didn't want to cause you more pain when you were trying to recover." She then humorlessly laughed. "That's why I was surprised when Lara asked me to standby."

"Well, I'm gonna give Naomi a piece of my mind when we get back." I sighed. "I love you, Acacia. Never doubt my love for you." I kissed her. I was surprised when she began crying even harder. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you initiated the kiss." She choked on her tears. "You really love me." She smiled. My heart melted at the sight, so I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead.

Acacia whispered that she was hungry, which was music to my ears! I picked her up and sped her inside. Acacia giggled when I sped around the kitchen to grab the necessary ingredients for... you guessed... PASTA! She mentioned wanting spaghetti and meatballs, causing me to freeze and drop the ingredients.

"What's wrong?" She walked towards me, but I didn't answer. "Zena, what's-"

"SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS IS NOT ITALIAN! YOU HAVE THE SPAGHETTI AND THEN YOU CAN HAVE A SIDE OF MEATBALLS, BUT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS IS NOT A THING!"

"Is everything alright in here? I heard something about spaghetti and then screaming... and it wasn't Acacia." Kiki winked at Acacia.

"She asked for spaghetti and meatballs! What heathen does that?!" I turned to her in disgust. "How can I be mated to-" Acacia covered my mouth with her hand.

"Have you ever had spaghetti and meatballs?" Kiki nodded at Acacia's question. "And it's delicious, so chop chop, babe." I blushed at her term of endearment.

"Okay." I squeaked and began to make the dish.

"So are you permanently staying here?" Kiki questioned Acacia.

"So what if I am?" She questioned back.

"Feisty... now I see why you have Zena on her knees for you." Acacia laughed while I glared at Kiki. "There's a training room upstairs that you can use whenever we're training." Acacia smiled at Kiki's words. "Where's tweedle dee and tweedle dum?"

"Upstairs I think." Acacia answered.

"They're having couple time." Kiki scrunched up her nose at the thought.

"Something we would be having if you would shoo." Acacia narrowed her eyes at the girl. Kiki chuckled and held her hands up in surrender. She then backed out of the kitchen. "Now that we're alone..." Acacia suggestively ran her finger down the valley of my breasts.

"Y-Yes." I stuttered out.

"You're cute when you blush... I think that's my new favorite activity." She jumped onto the counter. "How long do you think you guys will have to stay here?"

"I assume until the three sticklers think we're good to go." I shrugged and plated the food.

"Doesn't the duration of your stay depend on when Lilitu decides to wreak havoc?" She questioned, but I simply shrugged. "Hmm..." She kicked her legs out and ate the food. "Yummy by the way." I smiled at her.

I couldn't help but feel joy at watching Acacia excitedly speak about the many wonderful things in her life. I giggled when she'd say something funny about her friends or brothers. She would get a little sad when mentioning her other siblings that she didn't get along with. I decided I wanted to tell her everything about me.

I took Acacia to the couch and sat in her lap. She smiled and allowed me to cuddle into her. I rested my head on her shoulder as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Aqua." She hummed. "I want to tell you everything about me." She stopped playing with my hair and looked at me with confused eyes. "I didn't have a normal childhood..." I began.

"What do you mean?"

"I..." I felt my tears well up.

"Oh, pupu." She hugged me tighter. "Don't cry. You can talk to me." She cooed.

"I was kidnapped and tortured as a child." I rushed out. Acacia stiffened. "I was stolen at the age of 5 from my family. A witch then sent them to an alternate dimension for 10 years. During that time, I was experimented on and tortured. They freed me, but the damage was done." I sighed out. "And then I found out everything was Naomi's idea which caused a lot of problems and made her feel guilty. That's why we broke up and-"

"What?!" She cut me off. "She-She did what?!" Acacia was furious. "How could she- and then date you and- what?!"

"I was then kidnapped again and she and some of my friends helped rescue me. Then during the reunion party, she broke up with me and left. I now realize she came back to school in Croatia, but I didn't know she would be here. If I had known-"

"You wouldn't have come." Acacia finished for me. "How could she hurt you like that?" She whispered. "It makes me want to kill her even more." I felt her struggling to keep her cool. "All this time she had been taunting me... it had been her who hurt you deeply!"

"Aqua." I held her face. "I loved Naomi with my entire heart." She looked down in sadness. "I thought that was real love, but then with you... it was different." I laughed. "I tried to be cautious, but I somehow fell deeper for you. Not even the tallest mountain in the world could accurately describe how much I fell for you." I held her hand. "I'm so in love with you, Acacia." She was crying now. "You're the one and only mate I wish to bond with someday." I rested my forehead against hers. "You're my person." I whispered.

"I love you, Zena." She kissed me.

"Cue the sappy RomCom." We groaned and turned to see Kiki munching on some popcorn. "Please don't stop on my account... I believe you were about to deeply kiss her back." Kiki motioned for me to continue.

"I thought we told you to leave." I groaned.

"I did leave." She plopped in between us. Acacia and I glared as she swung her arms around our shoulders. "I then went upstairs and saw Nyx and Ken getting it on." Acacia and I made a grossed out face. "Now, that's not the type of support they need." She reprimanded us. "I had no issue waiting for them to finish, but they didn't want my presence in the room, so they kicked me out. I then came downstairs and saw you guys eating each other's faces off." We rolled our eyes at her. "So... what should we do together?"

"Why do you act as if we're friends?" Acacia used two fingers to remove Kiki's arm from her shoulders.

"Because we are stuck here and... we're the best of friends!" Acacia and I looked at each other when Kiki smushed our faces together. What have we gotten ourselves into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 9.3K 31
Before, I had my life all figured out. I would graduate college and get my degree in music, meet my true love and marry, then have two beautiful chil...
116K 4.5K 34
Love doesn't come without a scar or two. Bree has a dramatic world unfolding around her and she has to do her best to keep it together. Between the l...
56.5K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...
6.3K 900 32
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE IS INVITED STRAIGHT INTO THE HEART OF YOUR HOUSE? Seven years ago, Rhysa Jiang ran. She buried her past, cho...