Dull Eyes || SakuAtsu

By koi_coffee_

Dull eyes filled the world, grey and colourless. Only those who had met their soulmate could see eyes of colo... More

| 01 |
| 02 |
| 03 |
| 04 |
| 05 |
| 06 |
| 07 |
| 08 |
| 09 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
| 43 |
| 44 |
| 45 |
| 46 |
| 47 |
| 48 |
| 49 |
| 50 |
| 51 |
| 52 |
| 53 |
| 54 |
| 55 |
| 56 |
| 57 |
| 58 |
| 59 |
| note |

| 14 |

6.2K 199 191
By koi_coffee_

Sakusa sighed softly as he walked into his room, silently walking over to his bed as Atsumu was still asleep. It was a little past nine in the morning, the exact time Atsumu had told Sakusa the night before to wake him up.

"'Tsumu, get up." Sakusa spoke loudly, lightly shaking the blondes shoulder in attempt to get him up.

Atsumu mumbled to himself, he stirred a little before pulling the covers up, he wasn't ready to get out of bed just yet. Which of course caused yet another sigh from Sakusa, he should've known it would've been hard to get the other out of bed.

"Atsu, come on." Sakusa pulled the covers down, revealing Atsumu's face, which was now one of discomfort.

The ravenette reached out mindlessly and cupped Atsumu's face, the sudden move making the blonde beneath him open his eyes a little. Despite the dull grey that sat in Atsumu's eyes, Sakusa always found them so alluring, for a reason he really didn't understand.

"Atsumu, I wont repeat myself." Sakusa offered a both sarcastic and bittersweet smile, yet to a very very sleepy Atsumu, all he thought about was the contact and Sakusa smiling.

The blonde lazily put his hands over Sakusa's, catching the ravenette off guard as a tired smile came to Atsumu's face.

"Omi-Omi.. lay down for a little.." Atsumu moved one of his hands from Sakusa's, onto the dark-haired's wrist, tugging a little.

A small smile came to Sakusa's face while he tried, and failed to hide the light pink that dusted his cheeks. He tried ignoring the butterflies that came to his stomach and instead shook his head.

"No, lets go." Sakusa was set on getting Atsumu out of bed, which was something the blonde wasn't very fond of.

"You were the one who told me to wake you up at nine, now lets go." Sakusa took his hands off Atsumu's cheeks, making the blonde let out a small huff.

"Fine, when you decide to stop being stubborn, come downstairs." The ravenette commented before turning on his heels and heading for his bedroom door.

Before he had walked out, he paused for a moment. "There's fatty tuna downstairs by the way."

A small smirk came to Sakusa's face as he headed downstairs, as before he'd even got down the hall he heard Atsumu moving in his room. It really didn't surprise him how the other got up at the mention of food.

Speaking of food, Sakusa had walked downstairs and into his kitchen to get the fatty tuna out, he knew damn well if he didn't stick to his word Atsumu would be all over him. That and said blonde took what felt like a million years choosing a single outfit, and Sakusa just didn't feel like waiting that long.

While said ravenette had been getting the fatty tuna out, Atsumu finally got downstairs. The blonde had silently walked into the kitchen, a small smirk on his face as he snuck up behind Sakusa.

"Omi-kun~" Atsumu whispered into Sakusa's ear, making the dark-haired tense a little.

"'Tsumu, don't think I won't eat this fatty tuna in front of you. And I mean all of it." Sakusa threatened as he turned, holding back a smirk that ever so desperately wanted to show as he seen the blonde back down instantly.

Sakusa had quickly looked Atsumu up and down, purely off instinct, the blonde was dressed in a black and pastel pink t-shirt with some casual black jeans, something so ordinary that seemed rather cute on him in Sakusa's eyes. Not that he'd ever admit that of course.

"Take a picture Omi, it'll last longer~" Atsumu winked and took his chance to slip past Sakusa, finally getting his hands on the fatty tuna he'd been promised.

The silence from Sakusa after the comment was made however surprised Atsumu a little, Sakusa never hesitated to shoot back a sarcastic response yet this time he was silent. And it wasn't until Atsumu looked at him that he realized why.

The second Atsumu looked over, the sound of a camera clicking went off and Sakusa smirked to himself, he'd been waiting for the blonde to face him. See, Atsumu's cheeks had a habit of popping out when he ate, making them look ever so chubby, something Sakusa found absolutely adorable, which is why he found the need for a picture.

"Don't give me that look, you said it yourself, 'take a picture'. So I did." Sakusa deadpanned, holding in a small chuckle as he watched Atsumu's expression change to nothing short of dumbfounded.

"Well ya weren't actually supposed to." Atsumu rolled his eyes playfully and continued to eat.

"Ya might as well let me even things out, I get a picture too." The blonde looked up at Sakusa who only scoffed playfully, rolling his eyes lightly.

"Yeah, no, not happening." Sakusa had gotten ready to turn, he didn't have anymore of a need to be in the kitchen. "I'll be in the living room, feel free to join me when you're done. And if you leave a mess I swear, I'll kick you out."

"Yeah yeah, whatever ya bully." Atsumu just barely stuck his tongue out before he went back to eating.

Now that Atsumu was preoccupied, Sakusa had finally walked off and into the living room where he'd taken a seat on the couch. He wasn't too sure of what he wanted to watch, yet the show Komori had picked on their last day at camp seemed to stick with him, so after a bit of searching, Sakusa had put it on.

It wasn't until a good ten minutes later that Atsumu walked into the living room and joined him, taking a seat beside Sakusa on the couch.

"Is this the show that 'Mori had us watchin' on Friday?" Atsumu questioned, looking to Sakusa with a slightly confused expression.

Sakusa on the other hand nodded, not even soaring Atsumu a glance as he looked ahead. "Mhm, it is."

The blonde at Sakusa's side nodded and fell silent for a brief moment, nothing filling the room besides the faint sound of the tv playing. Well, until Atsumu spoke up again.

"Hey Omi?" The blonde questioned once again, this time earning a soft sigh from Sakusa as he looked over.

"Are we stayin' in today? At least till I gotta go?" They hadn't really discussed plans for that day, so Atsumu just assumed they weren't doing much.

"We were out and about all day yesterday, I think some relaxing before you have to go wouldn't be too bad." Sakusa shrugged. "Why? Did you want to go out anywhere?"

Atsumu shook his head at this, a soft smile coming to his face as he leaned on Sakusa, something the ravenette had started getting used to.

"Nope, I'm good right where I am as long as I'm with ya." Another small, yet genuine comment that Atsumu slipped out. Sakusa had caught all of these, and quickly caught onto to the fact Atsumu didn't really realize how much little things like that effected him, or more specifically how.. different they made him feel.

Nevertheless, pushing the lingering thought away, Sakusa nodded and relaxed at the feeling of Atsumu at his side, eventually putting an arm around the blonde.

He really liked having Atsumu around.

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

°•°•°• ~—~•—•~—~ •°•°•°

Both Sakusa and Atsumu had been so caught up in one another's presence that they failed to realize just how fast time had passed. Or more specifically, how fast three and a half hours could pass.

It was nearing one in the afternoon, the exact time Atsumu was set to head home for, something that he now, really wasn't looking forward too. Hence why said blonde was standing frozen in front of Sakusa's front door, he didn't want to leave yet.

"Oi." Sakusa sighed softly, he'd been standing in the hallway behind Atsumu for a bit now as he noticed pretty quickly just how down and hesitant the other seemed.

"Don't you go getting upset now, you can always message me." Sakusa held in a soft sigh as he watched Atsumu turn to him, it hit hard seeing just how unhappy he was over leaving.

"Messagin' ya is different than bein' with ya in person." Atsumu held in a shaky sigh as he played with the ends of his sleeves.

"'Tsumu.. we can always arrange visits? It's not like you're never going to see me again." Sakusa stated what he thought was the obvious, yet to Atsumu who's only thought was on being without him, it really wasn't. He hadn't thought that far ahead.

"..really?" The blonde questioned, rather quietly, his voice almost coming out as a whisper.

"Mhm, I swear on it." Sakusa gave a small, genuinely reassuring smile. In return came a sweet smile from Atsumu, something Sakusa really did love to see.

Despite wanting to talk more on meeting up again, Atsumu unfortunately kept in mind the fact he had to go. Which was always going to be a mood ruiner, yet if he didn't get going now, he'd end up missing his bus.

"Go on 'Tsumu, you don't want to miss your bus." Sakusa reminded, like as if Atsumu hadn't been thinking about that enough already.

It still bothered Sakusa seeing the other down, though even if it made him feel a bit happy as it showed just how much Atsumu liked being with him, he couldn't help the need to make the other feel better.

Atsumu heard a few noises coming from Sakusa, causing him to look at the other. Right as he lifted his head, his vision was momentarily blocked by something, something that oddly enough smelled like Sakusa. It was until this thing was pulled over Atsumu's head that he realized, Sakusa just put his favourite hoodie on him like it was no problem.

"Take it with you and quit your pouting." Sakusa rolled his eyes playfully as he ruffled Atsumu's hair, a surprisingly successful attempt at fixing what was once messy and out of place.

"Are ya sure? Ya really l-"

"I'm sure." Sakusa cut in, making Atsumu fall silent as he nodded. Sakusa really didn't want the other missing his bus, as it was his only way to get back.

Atsumu finally came to realization with this and nodded silently, but before he could leave, Sakusa had just one more thing to say.

"Be careful, and I guess, message me when you make it home." It was a poor attempt at making sure he knew that Atsumu got home safe, without acting like he would worry that is, which of course Atsumu could see right through.

"Aww, how considerate~ don't ya worry, I'll message ya when I get home!" Atsumu smiled to himself, finally feeling a little better and in the mood to get home.

"Bye Omi!" The blonde waved with a bright smile for the final time before walking out Sakusa's front door, he had a bus to catch.

While Atsumu had run off to catch his bus at the station, Sakusa still stood in place, he really hated to admit it, but he already missed the blondes presence.

Never once would he ever be this quick to miss someone, let alone someone who had left mere seconds ago. It left Sakusa thinking;

What are you doing to me 'Tsumu..

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

°•°•°• ~—~•—•~—~ •°•°•°

It wasn't until around seven twenty that Atsumu had finally walked through his front door, being greeted with such a familiar sight. He was finally home.

Like he'd expected, Osamu and Suna were sitting together on the couch in the living room, and he knew well enough at that point to remember his mother was always at work later into the night.

"Well well would ya look at that, someone actually made it home. I thought ya'd get lost." Osamu teased lightly, yet to both his and Suna's surprise, they earned a completely different reaction.

"Mhm, hi to ya too." Atsumu simply waved, he didn't even spare a glance their way before he headed for his room. Despite the smile that had been on his face when he left Sakusa's, he was still far from happy about the fact he had to leave the other.

This was something Osamu and Suna found more than odd, which, on instinct, had the two heading up to Atsumu's room in complete silence. Not a word needed to be said, they both knew something was up.

Osamu didn't even bother with knocking as he opened his brother's bedroom door, which earned him an obvious glare from the blonde sitting on his bed. Atsumu wasn't exactly in the mood for an interrogation, something he got used to with Osamu at that point.

"If yer gonna start askin' me questions, just get it over with." Atsumu sighed softly, he was leaning back against his headboard, simply burying himself in Sakusa's hoodie.

"Why the hell do ya look like the world just came to an' end?" Osamu didn't hesitate to question, and even if he did, Suna would've asked what he couldn't.

"None of yer damn business." Atsumu rolled his eyes and Osamu paused for a moment, sighing bitterly as he sent a small glare to the other.

"It's bout yer soulmate, isn't it?" Osamu followed up his previous question, choosing to ignore Atsumu response to it. Yet for this one, before, Atsumu could respond, Suna did.

"Soulmate?" The brunette looked lazily from Osamu, to Atsumu, and then back to Osamu again.

"Mhm, 'Tsumu found his soulmate at that volleyball camp he got invited to." Osamu almost laughed after speaking, seeing as how Atsumu shot him a glare that screamed 'shut up'.

"And? How'd it go?" Suna questioned, taking a seat on the end of Atsumu's bed while Osamu stayed standing at his side.

"Amazin'." The first word that came to Atsumu's mind, and the first word he spoke. "He doesn't know we're soulmates yet, but besides that, it went great."

The blonde smiled to himself, while Suna and Osamu looked to each other for a moment, like a silent moment of communication before looking back to Atsumu.

"Well? Details, I'm not taking that vague ass answer." Suna rolled his eyes and Atsumu chuckled a little, he should've seen this coming.

"Well, so you an' 'Samu both know, we went an' got coffee Thursday after practice last week. But it didn't stop there, I mean, where do ya think I spent the weekend? It sure as hell wasn't in that hotel." A small smirk found it's way onto Atsumu's face, meanwhile Osamu just stared at his brother. He wasn't told this why??

"Ya didn't tell me ya were stayin' with him over the weekend." Osamu gave Atsumu a look, one the blonde knew all to well as 'you should've told me before doing that because you can never be too careful'.

"I didn't think I needed to." Atsumu shot back, a little more harshly than he meant. He knew Osamu was just looking out for him.

"I'll guess that's why you're down then, because you had to leave." Suna broke the silence, though kept his eyes locked on Atsumu.

"I miss him already." The blonde mumbled as the small smile he previously had fell, something that both Osamu and Suna weren't used to. Atsumu was a very.. lighthearted person, despite how he'd usually act, yet no one had ever made him this upset over having to leave, it was slightly surprising.

"I can pick ya up some fatty tuna t'morrow," Osamu held in a soft sigh as he felt Atsumu's eyes on him. "But ya gotta stop dwellin' on leavin' yer soulmate, upset doesn't look good on ya."

Atsumu of course couldn't help a small smile at this as he nodded, fatty tuna really seemed to be the easiest way to get him to agree lately, not that he minded. The more tuna the merrier.

"Now that that's settled, Rin an' I are goin' back downstairs, stay away." Osamu smiled a little to himself as Suna chuckled, while Atsumu simply let out a playfully offended scoff.

"Mhm, whatever, both of ya get outta here." Atsumu waved the two off, and after a small bit of laughter, they'd parted ways, leaving Atsumu to himself.

After they had left, Atsumu heard a ding come from his phone, the contact name popping up on screen instantly caused a smile to make its way onto the blondes face.

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Did you make it home okay?
[read 7:31pm]

'Tsumu🙄💛: Mhm! Safe 'n sound Omi, don't ya worry!

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Please, like I'd ever be worried about you. In your dreams.

'Tsumu🙄💛: Are we gonna act like ya didn't just ask if I got home okay? Yeah? Okay, I see how it is (;'ຶٹ')

Omi-Omi😷🖤: I have no clue what you're talking about.

'Tsumu🙄💛: So yer sayin' ya don't care,, I see how it is 😔

Omi-Omi😷🖤: You said it yourself, not me.
[read 7:34pm]

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Oi 'Tsumu, dont start with this.
[read 7:35pm]

'Tsumu🙄💛: Ya know what I want to hear.

Omi-Omi😷🖤: ..
[read 7:36pm]

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Fine, ig i care about you, even if you're a giant baby. :/

'Tsumu🙄💛: As ya should 😌

Omi-Omi😷🖤: And suddenly I take it back.

'Tsumu🙄💛: wAIT NO 😭
[read 7:38pm]

'Tsumu🙄💛: Omi-Omi cOmE bAcK 😭
[read 7:38pm]

Omi-Omi😷🖤: no.

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

Sakusa and Atsumu once again let the time pass themselves by as they messaged one another, how much time passing exactly completely going over their head's until one of the two happened to realize it was almost midnight.

Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but both had school the next day and didn't plan on being half asleep while they were there.

Omi-Omi😷🖤: 'Tsumu?

'Tsumu🙄💛: Mhm?

Omi-Omi😷🖤: It's almost midnight, so I'm heading to bed. I want you doing the same, got it?

'Tsumu🙄💛: Ya say that like I'd stay up all night 🤦‍♂️

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Because you would. Now let me ask again, you'll be off to bed too, yes?

'Tsumu🙄💛: Unfortunately yes, anythin' for my Omi-Omi ;)

'Tsumu🙄💛: G'night! Love ya Omi <3

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Night, I love you too 'Tsumu||

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Goodnight 'Tsumu

•••••°•••••°•••••

I know this part's kinda rushed but bear with me ;-; it's almost 3am and I'm tired so if there's spelling mistakes, or any mistakes in general,, I'll fix them later ^^

Anywho, enjoy your day/night!

~koi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 7.1K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...
80.7K 2.4K 54
[COMPLETED] (Book #1 of 'The Clever Series') There couldn't be two people more different than each other, but there couldn't be two people more alik...
64K 2.4K 62
(completed) From tagging buildings, parkouring, late-night skateboarding, gymnastics, competitive dancing to much, much more, Miya Atsumu just wants...
7.4K 108 16
A series of one shots about some of the various haikyuu ships there are. Might be alternate universe, might be not. Also it varies in length, dependi...