| 16 |

"What the hell took you so long." Sakusa glared at the brunette who had just made it out his front door, his tone a little more bitter than usual.

"I wanted some extra sleep, okay? No need to get all moody with me." Komori rolled his eyes playfully with a chuckle and Sakusa's glare only got harsher.

"You wouldn't need it if you weren't spamming me all night, for the second night in a row might I add." Sakusa sighed bitterly as the two headed off, making their way to school.

"In my defense, I couldn't sleep." Komori put his hands up in defense and Sakusa simply rolled his eyes.

"So you decided that meant I wasn't allowed to either?" The dark-haired shot back and Komori simply nodded, a bright smile coming to his face.

"You act like I was the only reason you were awake so late." The brunette's smile turned to a smirk slightly and Sakusa fell silent.

"You were." Finally, Sakusa responded after a good minute, and Komori was well aware the other had just responded with a complete lie.

"Mhm, right, because you totally weren't up messaging Atsumu, again." Komori chuckled as the ravenette to his side rolled his eyes playfully.

"Whether I was or wasn't is none of your business." Sakusa stated rather coldly and Komori's slight smirk from before only grew.

"So you were," Komori teased. "How's your boyfriend doing anyways?"

"He's not my boyfriend, Motoya." Sakusa shot back rather quickly, a little unimpressed with how flushed his face felt at one comment.

Thank the gods for masks.

"Not yet, it's bound to happen." Komori swore to it like his life depended on it, something Sakusa found funny coming from someone who was still unbearably single.

"Okay Cupid wannabe, don't talk on relationships until you're actually in one." A smirk tugged at Sakusa's lips under his mask as he let a small chuckle out. "Maybe then I'll listen to you."

Komori took a pause, a dramatic gasp following, yet as he went to retort — Sakusa beat him to it.

"Until then, I'd say you should focus on getting to class before you get caught up in playing matchmaker." Sakusa gestured to the hall that himself and Komori usually split paths at, he was correct in assuming the other hadn't even noticed they'd made it to school.

"I-.. this isn't over." Komori rolled his eyes bitterly as he took a right, leaving Sakusa with a satisfied smirk as he took a left.

He was going to enjoy his victory before Komori decided to annoy the ever living hell out of him at lunch.

•°•°•° ~—~•—•~—~ °•°•°•

°•°•°• ~—~•—•~—~ •°•°•°

The first highlight of Sakusa's day came in the form of a message, a message specifically coming from Komori saying that he couldn't make it to the cafeteria as he had some work to catch up on.

Which would explain how Sakusa found himself sitting alone at a table in a far corner, normally he would've preferred his cousin to be around as then he wasn't completely alone, but on that day specifically, he couldn't have been more glad. There's only so much of Komori's teasing a guy can handle.

Despite being seated alone, the second highlight to Sakusa's day had rolled around. Surprisingly enough, that also happened to be in the form of a message, a message from none other than Miya Atsumu.