ADORE ↠ b. barnes [III]

By evanescence2016

❝ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ sʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ sᴋɪɴs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜ... More

A/N & copyright
𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓇𝑒
cast iii
PROLOGUE
« PART ONE »
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
« PART TWO »
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
EPILOGUE
~ B O N U S ~

twenty three

309 14 2
By evanescence2016

       IT WAS NO SECRET TO NADENKA THAT her mother was brilliant. She didn't know absolutely everything—no one did really— but she knew enough to surprise her in any situation involving science, chemistry, mathematics, and in this case, an actual representation of time travel.

       "Ok, here we go. Time travel test number one!" Hulk spoke loudly. Allura stood in a pair of jeans, a black spaghetti strapped shirt and a long black sweater. Her hair was in a badly done bun, and she was wearing a pair of things that she now, as a human with super soldier serum, needed— even though they still felt uncomfortable to her: glasses.

       ( she had wondered why the super soldier serum hadn't protected her eye sight. but she then realized that the amount of it in her body wasn't the same one as in Steve's or James'. so,  she just accepted her fate and picked her favorite pair of glasses )

       She was hugging a black notebook to her chest, with papers sticking out from all places, and a pen on her left hand; just in case she had to write something— well, more than she already had.

       Nadenka was standing next to her in dark mom jeans and a long sleeved blouse, observing the scene playing in front of her along with Pietro, and Nat.

       "Scott! Fire up the uh, van thing." Scott was wearing his suit, and he opened the van, lights and rays coming from it.

       "Breakers are set. Emergency generators are on standby." Steve walked towards them, Allura going next to Buce and nodding.

       "Good. Because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, tiny here in the 1950's." Scott looked up, a bit of fear in his eyes at Bruce's words.

       "Excuse me?"

       "He's kidding." Natasha laughed, turning to Bruce. "You can't say things like that." Allura smirked at her, Bruce turning to them.

       "It was a bad joke." He stammered, Scott still staring at him with wide eyes.

       "Yeah. Don't worry. This is just the first run. If anything, you'd be stuck in the 1980's. You wouldn't go that far." Allura joked with a mischievous look on her face.

       Her words did not reassure Scott at all.

       "Really?" Natasha asked Allura, unamused. She then looked at Bruce. "You two are kidding, right?"

       "No clue." "I have no idea!" The strawberry blonde and Banner answered at the same time, Bruce continuing. "We're talking about time travel here! Either it's all a joke or none of it is." He then smiled.

       "We're good!" He sent Scott a thumbs up, Allura checking the machine once more carefully. "Get your helmet on."

       "Scott, we're gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in ten seconds. Make sense?" Bruce explained.

       "Perfectly not confusing."

       "Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve encouraged, making Scott grin.

       "You're right. I do, Captain America."

       Allura spotted something odd on the machine, her green eyes widening as she involuntarily calculated.

       "We're missing something-"

       But he was gone.

       "Is that something very important?" Pietro asked her, crossing his arms. Allura closed her mouth and then opened it again.

       "Maybe."

       "On a count of three... two... one."

       And Scott was back.

       Physically.

       Because in front of them was standing a teenage Scott.

       "Guys? This doesn't feel right it."

       "Is that-"

       "Hold on-"

       "Is that Scott?"

       "Yes it's Scott." He was put back into the machine, but what returned wasn't much better.

      "Oh! My back!" It was now an older Scott.

       "Could we get a little space here?" Bruce asked, Allura and him running to see what' was going on.

       "This button here should be pressed-"

       "Can you being him back?" Steve asked, moving away from the machine.

       "We're working on it!" Bruce and Allura said simultaneously, both pressing buttons and checking information that only the two of them understood.

       Bruce hit the screen and Allura gaped at him.

       "No, no. Don't do that." She pulled the lever and then turned to see which Scott had returned.

       "It's a baby." Steve deadpanned.

       "I think they can see that, uncle Steve." Nadenka said, her eyes wide as she turned to her mom. "It's wasn't maybe. It is important!" She exclaimed loudly, waving her arms.

       "It's Scott!" Hulk pointed at him.

       "As a baby!" Steve replied.

       "Maybe we could keep him."

       "Nadenka!!" All the voices echoed.

       "This is chaos!" She exclaimed, covering her face with her hands as she shook her head.

       "Bring Scott back!" Steve ordered. Allura analyzed her surroundings slightly, before she finally came up with the instant, less dangerous solution.

       "Kill the power. It will reset. Kill the power." Allura ordered, hitting Bruce's arm. The man nodded at the idea.

       "When I say kill the power, kill the power."

       "Oh my god!" Natasha was heading to do it, but Bruce's order was too quick. So, Nadenka extended her hand and her abilities engulfed the lever. She then pulled her arm back and it killed the power.

       Natasha sent her a smile. "Thanks, kid."

       "Always, aunt Nat." She winked playfully, Natasha returning to see the final outcome.

       "Somebody peed my pants."

       And, Scott was back.

       "I bet on the baby." "It was the elder." Nadenka and Pietro said at the same time, respectively. Then, they fist bumped.

       "I don't know if it was baby me, or old me." He told the two younger members. "Or... just me, me."

       Silence.

       "TIME TRAVEL!" Hulk exclaimed happily.

       Allura sighed, Steve shook his head in disbelief and Natasha rolled her eyes. Pietro and Nadenka just smirked.

       "I see this as an absolute win!"

       Allura saw that Steve was heading out and took off her glasses, placed them on the table and then followed him, catching up to him easily.

       "This went well." Allura said.

       "Define well." Steve said, raising an eyebrow.

       "Well.... he's alive." The strawberry blonde shrugged, before she huffed and checked her book.

       "Anything in there that can help?" Steve asked, looking away as he respected her privacy.

       "You can look. It's fine. It's just calculations, theories and possibilities. Which, are endless, but I know a few." Steve chuckled.

       "I appreciate the permission. But I will understand nothing anyway." Allura smiled at him, the two arriving outside and standing; just being calm for a second, taking in the fresh air.

       Steve placed his hands on his hips and the strawberry blonde could see that he was overthinking; after all, she was quite an expert at the 'sport'

       "I just- what if it doesn't work?" Steve asked quietly, Allura sighing and looking at the ground for a second.

       "It will work. It has to. This is the closest we've been, and I believe Scott came back after five years for a reason." Allura responded, mostly thinking out loud. "This book is covered with plans and ways that I've come up with in the past years, and I know that nothing comes close to this."

       "How do you know?"

       "Because I think I know what went wrong. I just need someone to confirm my theory."

       It seemed like it was meant to be, like Allura had said. It seemed that everything truly happened an developed in the strange and sometimes beautiful ways it did for a reason

       Because in that moment, Tony Stark's car approached them in the distance, and everything Allura hoped was that he knew something.

       That he knew how to make it work.

This part in the movie was so chaotic! Honestly! Allura and Bruce make quite the team, and Steve and Allura honestly have me shook, I love their friendship so much!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you so much for reading!

Stay safe!

- evanescence2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 356 27
Five years after Thanos, an intergalactic warlord, disintegrates half of the universe, the Avengers must reunite and assemble again to reinvigorate t...
23.6K 497 31
BOOK 3 OF 3 It all comes down to this. The final fight. It's now or never. This story will contain Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, an...
84.6K 3.3K 45
❝ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴀʏ ᴅᴇғᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜʀɴ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴᴊᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ʏᴏᴜ, ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀ...
11.1K 268 23
Not updated often, just for when stuff comes to mind; such as, imagines preferences and one shots. In the future I may post more explicit and mature...