Magic

By taicardi

Little short stories, full of emotions, and the things that are still not solved today. Every chapter is a n... More

Fly
Moment
Amanda
Kindness
Vietnam
Vietnam 2nd Story
Vietnam 3rd Story
Vietnam Refugee
Focus
Home
Music
Vote
Homework
Dance
Parents
Communities!
We Can Change (W♡MEN)
Little Lines of Warmth
True Friend
Black Lives Matter
The Curse of the Prince
Light
Failure
Women! International Month Celebration is essential!
Creative Writing: (Highschool) | Lost In My Head
LGBTQ+ Support!!!
Criminal
Magic Home Gone Wrong
An Elephant
Sense of Place
Lost Son
Emotions
Solitude
Gratitude
Unity
The way I see: Sex
Ballet 🩰
Trauma
Labels 😏
[How to Talk about the conflict]
When He Told Me His Secret... Secret Told
The Feeling of Speaking
Piano
Distraction
Limits?
Hair
Poem written for an assignment, inspired by a song
Change
♡Yoga~ Climate Change~Meditation ♡
♡♡LGBTQ+ YOU ARE NOT ALONE ♡♡
♫♪ Small Little Girl♪♪
(♡}Women Rights {♡)
Periods
Breath with Intention
Love
Love
Love
❤️}Attract the life you want {❤️
Cry
Patterns
Manifesting
What I Want
Love every part (ALL OF IT!)
Gun Violence
Writing reflection towards meaning of Picture & Voice
Sing
be open to possibilities that you're still learning here and forever!
Boom it goes, blazing through my heart (Poem)
Brave to be different Women's Month
Letting go of Perfectionism
lips on me would be nice
🌹 Rose🌹
take your time
When we watch the shows we think we like and get stressed out
Stay true to yourself ✨
Writing Confidence ✨
Judge
Isn't just one way to be!
Enough ✨
Earth Enough ~ Immigration. We are connected
We always have Mother Earth ~ Why did the Constitution keep Slavery?
Dreaming in Between
Circus Sky
Antidote for a Single Heart ꒰♡꒱
□ 💌 Letter of no more 💌
Release what goes around you and choose love

Package

43 22 7
By taicardi

"Are you okay, dear," John's mother asked.

"I'm fine," he grumbled.

"Are you sure," she insisted.

He grumbled again but she couldn't quite make it out so she decided to just leave it be and left the room.

John sighed.

"Why is everything so...?" He sighed again before even asking his own question.

He stared ahead at the wall, leaning on his knees with his elbows.

He sighed once more and heard a swipe and a knock to the right of his head. He turned his head, not even really caring what was about to happen.

When he looked at what made the sound, he stared at his window, finding on the other side of the screen, Sarah, his best friend.

He immediately shifted his mood, standing up to unscrew the window and pulling it up.

She climbed through it and sat on the ledge.

"You're in a mood," she said, smiling at him.

"Ugh, don't remind me,"

She rolled her eyes, "men," she whispered, jumping down into his room fully.

"What were you even doing,"

"What do you mean," he asked.

"I was watching you from the window for about five minutes, waiting for you to finally move,"

"You're exaggerating,"

"I wish," she answered, "actually, I'm quite happy you did so," she began to chuckle.

John was confused.

"What?" He began to worry about what Sarah was talking about, she's always been a sneaky one.

She started to laugh more, pulling out her phone.

John sighed, relieved, realizing that she's probably laughing about some video she saw.

John looked away, back to the wall, hearing Sarah laugh in the background.

"Look at this keeper," Sarah said, showing John her phone.

He looks down, squinting at the screen.

Confused, he made a face

"What, never seen a phone before," she laughed some more.

He rolled his eyes and continued to squint down at the phone.

"What is that?" this caused Sarah to laugh even more, making her rock the phone. He ignored her, "Why does it look so familiar," he wondered.

"Oh my gosh, have you never seen yourself before?" her laugh roared through the room and John widened his eyes.

"How many people have seen this," he questioned, getting worried.

"Relax, I haven't posted it." John began to relax at this answer,"Yet," she added.

"What?" he turned his face towards hers.

"Click, and that and here and post," she chirped, looking back at him.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" he grabbed the phone out of her hand. "How do you delete this?" he quickly taped random buttons. Sarah just watches him getting flustered and annoyed at the tiny little screen and she chuckles.

She rolls her eyes, "You really have never seen a phone before," she exaggerates the word phone and grabs the phone out of his hands.

"Delete it please,"

"Okay, don't worry, I was only playing with you." she chuckles and looks back down at the phone.

Her eyes widened.

"Oh my goodness, this has gotten already 1,000 views, you must have done something as you were clicking the buttons," she says,"thanks." she smiles staring at the phone.

"Oh, no." he looks around his room and leaves it, running out the room.

Sarah looks back up and rolls her eyes, "men." she looks back at her phone, "so dramatic,"

John runs down the stairs, jumping over objects to get to his destination and then finally reaching the front door. He sighs as he opens the door, relieved to find nobody there. He looks up and down and to both sides to see if he was just imagining the fact that nobody was coming after him.

He sighed and closed the door, leaning against it.

Maybe nobody was out to kill him after all, and maybe there was no worry to the fact that he was different from the rest of human civilization. Why would anybody notice he was different from that little video her friend posted, right?

The sound of some sort of 'plop' is heard from outside. John's calm state was no more and he quickly opened the door, looking side to side then up...then down...

"Oh, no,"

He closed the door again, hoping what he saw, wasn't there.

He breathed in and out.

John opened the door again and picked up the brown package on the porch. Immediately, he knew something wasn't right!

He sighed again, not realizing that that was going to be the last sigh of his lifetime. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 302 22
Disney stories + inspirational short stories The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast...
1K 161 15
You wanted to know how I died? It's simple, really. I saw dead people... As umbrellas. And the umbrellas didn't like it. I'm sorry, did you want to...
755 34 11
These are my collections of my short and inspirational stories. It describes all of the problems that are commonly occur in the teenage life. I hope...
281 1 40
I have already filled my previous writing scrapbook consisting of poetry and short stories from past years. This is a collection of all of my short s...