Slicing My Flesh

By greenmarisa

Book 5 of the Gun To My Head Series 2nd Book of Zena's story I recommend reading the other books before this... More

Character List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
Question Timeeee
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Epilogue
Bonus Chapters
Acacia's POV: 1
Acacia's POV: 2
Acacia POV: 3
Acacia POV: 4
Acacia's POV: 5
Acacia's POV: 6
Acacia POV: 7
Acacia POV: 8
Acacia POV: 9
Acacia's POV: 10
KIKI's book
Next Book to Read in Series

25

433 24 9
By greenmarisa

Wow! This place is magnificently beautiful. I continued walking through this other worldly place. I've definitely crossed into another realm because there's no way people in the human realm could've built this. If Mount Olympus and Asgard had a baby, this place would be it. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say this wasn't the Dark Realm.

It was way too bright and serene to be a place of chaos. I pushed off the trees and walked through the lush forest. I walked along the cobble path towards the main market. I stopped walking and hid in the forest when I observed the outfits the citizens were wearing.

Their clothing seemed to be Asian inspired. I can only imagine how soft the silk in the fabrics are. I did a spell to imitate their clothing. I smiled at my sari and continued walking. The people smiled and nodded as I passed by. I listened to them speak and couldn't detect the language. I'm no language expert, but it sounded like many different languages were spoken here.

I turned the corner and was run over by a girl my age. She groaned and rubbed her arm while I groaned since I hit my head on the path. She shook her head and looked at me. She placed her brown hair behind her shoulder as she spoke to me. I had no idea what the hell she was saying. She repeated it again, probably in a different language.

"No clue what you're saying." I thought she wouldn't know what I was saying. However, she understood me perfectly.

"You're not from here." She stated in English.

"Correct."

"Who are you?" Her voice dropped and she took a step back. "Why are you here?" She conjured up a rapier. Oh, shit. "What do you want?" I gasped when I saw her free hand crackle with electricity.

I noticed the citizens were staring at us. They appeared frightened while looking at me. She's the one with the weapon and shocking hand! When I didn't respond, she tried to slice my head off. I ducked and ran into the crowd. They tried to hold me back, but I pushed against them. I ran into the forest and made so many twists and turns. I lost my footing and toppled over the side of the cliff.

I rolled until I came to the side of a pool. Huh, are those water spirits? I heard the flapping of wings. That doesn't sound friendly. I quickly scrambled up and began running through the sunbathers. They squealed when I jumped over them, but I was trying not to die.

I saw a gap on the ground. I was about to jump over it, but I was suddenly encased in ice. I yelled when my body stiffened. I watched as the same girl from before walked in front of me. How'd she get here so fast? I mean I wasn't using my super speed, but still. She crossed her arms as she assessed me. What's she doing? She's freaking me out. Can she let me go since this is really uncomfortable?

She smirked and melted the ice. Phew! I fell onto the ground and began shivering. My skin had a bluish tint to it. How cold is that thing?!

"Now, answer me." I looked up at her. "Why are you here?" Her eyes narrowed.

"You know you could ask politely." I breathed out. "You're really rude." She rolled her eyes. "Who just begins slashing at someone because they don't answer your question? That may work in America, but in Italy we-"

"So you're from the human realm." She stated instead of asking.

"Duh." I rolled my eyes. "I stumbled upon the entrance and curiosity got the best of me." I smiled.

"How'd you get these clothes?" She motioned to my sari.

"Wasn't that difficult." I shrugged and stood up. "Anyways, you appear upset, what's wrong? Besides being a total creep and chasing me down."

"Relationship problems." She looked down and sighed. I gulped because her whole aura got heavy.

"My so called mate broke up with me." I tried to release some of the awkwardness. I didn't want to mention said mate also raped me, as well as me having another mate.

"My so called mate cheated on me." She said. Well, shit.

"That's worse." She dryly chuckled at my comment. "So what are you and where am I?"

"You're in the light realm-"

"Ahh! You're an angel." I snapped my fingers. "Do you have wings?" She nodded. "Cool! Can I see them?!" I jumped up.

She shrugged and turned her back to me. My smile widened as she allowed her wings to show. They were a beautiful pure white with intricate designs. I reached out to touch them, but she slapped my hand away. I pouted while she smirked.

"You're easily impressed." She walked past me.

"Hey! Where are you goin?" I ran to catch up with her.

"To the gate to remove you from this realm."

"Why?" I whined.

"Because you're not an angel or resident of the light realm. We're currently preparing for a war and not interested in housing uninvited visitors." She stated. "And then I'll do a spell to make you forget."

"You can do magic?" She nodded. "That's dope. I didn't know angels could do magic."

"We have some powers." She said over her shoulder. "I can create ice and conduct electricity."

"Wow!" I was amazed. "What's your name?"

"That's none of your business."

"Oh come on!" I groaned. "Why do you have to be so rude?" I complained. "It's just your name." I begged.

"Since you're so annoying... it's Kennedy." She smiled. "What about you?" We had arrived at the gate.

"Zena." Her eyes widened when I revealed my name. "Adieu!" I waved and jumped across the border.

"Wait! Are you Lara's daught-"

She got cut off by the gate disappearing. Hmm... how'd she know my maman? That's a dumb question. She probably knew my maman intimately. Whatever. I shrugged and walked through the grass. I can't believe I was able to enter the light realm. It reminded me of a mashup between Ancient Greek and Roman architecture.

I hope I can enter that realm again. It really puts the human realm to shame. Though, I do need to find out where I am, so I can head home. I pulled out my phone and saw I was in Canada. Well, that's far from home. I stopped and opened a portal to my dorm room.

Hailey must've heard the crackling of time being ripped open. I saw her stare at me through the portal. She looked relieved I was okay. I smiled and stepped through the oval. It closed around me in a popping sound. Hailey flung her arms around me and kept saying how she was so worried.

"What happened?" I quirked a brow at her.

"You were gone for two days!"

"No, I was only gone for like an hour tops. I got lost and then ran into an angel and then began to ask her so many questions. I think she was getting annoyed, but I wouldn't let her go-"

"Angel?" Hailey interrupted.

"Yea, angel. I kept talking to her as she tried to shake me. She wanted me to leave since I wasn't from there and began to-"

"An angel you said?"

"Yes! Keep up, Hails. Anyways, she was telling me how her mate cheated on her and-"

"Were you by any chance in the light realm?" She questioned to which I nodded. "Cool! Where's the entrance?"

"Canada, but it disappeared." She groaned. "Ya and I think she knows my maman." Hailey rose a brow. "I asked her name and she said Kennedy, so I don't know-"

"Kennedy?!" Has this girl not been paying attention to anything I said?! "That's the light angel princess! You know... the hybrid that started this war."

"Really?! That's her!" Hailey nodded. "Well, she doesn't have the best personality." Hailey laughed. "She was quite rude and bitchy. She should really change her attitude if she doesn't want people to kill her." I took out my phone. "I should probably tell my parents I'm alright." Hailey nodded and allowed me to call my moms. 

So Z and Ken have officially met!! I find Z's first impression of Ken to be funny since Ken had the complete opposite first impression of Z.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 3K 19
C O M P L E T E D "No matter how much I try, I will always love HIM" Lexa seemed to have everything going for her. She just graduated high school, sh...
7.2K 385 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...
43.1K 1.4K 25
Satan has been mistreated since day one. Ever since her parents found out they were having boy and girl twins, they have been disgusted but the fact...
16.6K 1.1K 84
*I recommend reading all the books in the series first and Side Characters Unite from the Shorts book before reading this* Kiki's back. Addy's distre...