The Heart Specialist (A Medic...

By shru_du

Forrest Arthur Lyte, or as he calls himself the heart specialist, had known whereabouts of everyone's heart... More

Prologue
1!
2!
3!
4!
5!
6!
7!
8!
9!
10!
11!
12!
14!
15!
16!
17!
18!
19!
20!
21!
22!
23!
24!
25!
26!
27!
28!
29!
30!
31!
32!
33!
34!
35!
36!
37!
38!
39!
40!
41!
42!
43!
Epilogue

13!

440 20 0
By shru_du

Forrest found himself watching his intern and friend and from some fluke his new girlfriend. At least he thinks that. She was busy studying the schematics of the valve flap that regulated the flow of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood in and out of the heart chambers. 

She had her glasses on and she was wearing his hoodie. He finally convinced her to wear that. She looked like something of his like she was made for him and that is something he can imagine her to be.

"Are you sure the configurations are correct? I cannot seem to find..." She paused looking at the grey eyes of Forrest who was looking at her with a heated gaze. She pressed the backside of the pencil with Woodlands engraved on it over her lips. He kept watching her like that. And then he stood up walking towards her, she stiffens as he came closer and closer to her.

He pulled the pencil away from her mouth tracing her lips. And there it was the instantaneous reaction, her breath quickens, eyes dilated and mouth parted slightly. "Forrest..." She managed to say.

"Yes Little birdie," He whispered pulling her up from his seat and sitting down putting her over his lap. "We are in Hospital" His hand traced her back and neck and reached for her hair tie. He pulled her hair out of the bun. Her dark brown traces fell over her shoulder. "God you are beautiful, so beautiful" Forrest whispered.

"I can just sit here and watch you day after day, night after night, I can just spend my time like this. If only I can." She smiled softly straddling him. Both of her hands pressed over his chest and her face close to his as she raised herself to level herself with him. Her hair fell over his shoulder. 

"Shall I get you a picture? Will that be alright with you Sir?" She asked. He chuckled. "You don't know how many turns on that single word is Honey. Everything about you is a turn-on." He moved her hand down over his thigh resting there.

And his hand explored her skin under his hood. She shivered as he hoped for. "So beautiful. So much beautiful. And so much mine. You are mine, just mine." His phone rang as he was about to kiss her. And he muttered some profanities to the person who was on the other end of the line. 

"Lyte" She placed her hand over his chest trying to calm him down. "Are you sure it is a good time?" He asked someone. "No, she is with me, I am making sure nothing happens to her when she is alone." He paused listening "Understood, I will tell everyone. Yes. I will call the defense walls too." The last part was rather grumpy from his side as he cut the call.

Then he looked at her relived for some reason. "Guess what honey, Chris is coming back and we need lots of things to buy for my niece. I hope you are up for it because you are my chaperon for this and we need to throw a welcome home party too." Reva was happy that they are coming back. 

Now she can actually discuss her problems with Pia, the wise one. "You look oddly satisfied with the news, why it is so?" She shook her head. "Nothing. I am just happy that we are all together again." She quickly hid her true motives.

"But what good it will do for you? She is married remember?" he reminded her. She pulled away snatching the hair tie from his hand. "Are you jealous of my friend Mr. Lyte, because if she comes I can stay with her, you cannot force me to stay with you, in your penthouse because it is not a necessity anymore?" He frowned; she was right. How can he make her stay with him now? Then an idea graced its way into his mind.

"Sure you can stay with them little birdie if you can stomach their love. I mean they are married and they too tend to slip. If you are alright with catching them in the act, go ahead and stay." As expected, her face was red. She did get the visualization very clearly and that is not something she wants to witness. He can tell. 

"What? Go, you are a big girl aren't you Honey, sure you can handle few mishaps.' He kept telling her and she was not unable to even look at Forrest. She cannot simply unsee the pictures he had just put into her mind. Cannot unheard the words he stored in her memory. "And Maybe you can..." "Shut up, don't say another word, Forrest Arthur Lyte. I get it, it is a bad idea." Satisfied by the verdict he rests his case.

"But look what is the benefit you are getting if you stay with me. We can work, we can work some more, and then when we get bored, we can always disappear into the bedroom, I mean that is always an option isn't it?" She hit him. "Do you guys have one-track mind only?" He pulled her to him and said "Just for a special girl I do have one-track mind. Because she has been running through my mind day and night. What can I do? I cannot just take her out of it."

He held her hand and placed a soft kiss on the back of her palm. "Move in with me." He said. "Forrest that not..." "Not what? I promise I won't touch you intimately until your consent for it. I promise I will not cross my limitation in any way. I just love your company; I just love the calmness in my life now after it been through severe storms. I just want something normal in my life. You have given me than normal. Can you not keep this one request it is not like I have even kissed since that one time? Have I? no because it would have made you uncomfortable." He tried to convince her.

"What am I to tell Disha and the others?" She asked. "That you are moving in with me because we are dating and we are in a way" she pulled away "I didn't say yes to you." She didn't tell him how she had to cancel her UK trip because he stayed through the night, and then to the next day sleeping in her bed holding her close to him.

 Nor did she tell him about the UK hospital. In fact, she hid that from everyone. He held her waist pulling her to him. "You didn't say no and I am an optimist. That is as you said is my strength. According to you Honey, I see positivity in everything and that is my strength. Or are you now backing up from your own diagnosis?"

"What if she woke up? What then Forrest? I cannot burden you with a situation where you have to choose between love and duty." He turned her around and put his finger under her chin. "Who told you there is any choice here? Who said I ever am going to choose? When I told you there is no one like you in this entire world Reva Mathur, no one. You are one of a kind, someone I gladly leave everything behind for even my own life." Her eyes watered. "Don't say that, I am not that special."

"You know there is only one way to shut you up, that is to kiss you, can I have that right at least?" She looked away shyly. "Come on little birdie don't be that shy, or I am going to kiss the first female patient who walks in through that door." She looked shocked. "You will not do such thing, that's... that's... that's breaching patient-doctor protocol. You are in hospital you are a doctor." He put his forefinger over his chin. "Hmmm... maybe then I can ask for her number and then go to her house and then..." He felt her hands hitting him.

"Go, go away then, why you are here asking me to move in with you when you can satisfy yourself with all the flings? Go and have those flings see that if I care. I too will make a new boyfriend, no... I will marry him and then I will go away somewhere you cannot find me... somewhere you can..." He kissed her. And then pulled back. 

"Don't you ever say that anyone else can ever have you other than me? Unless you want to kill me from inside out. You don't know Reva, it hurts to think that anyone else can have you other than me. I am selfish, yes I am. I know we might get hurt, but even if there is a little window of success, I am going to take it, Honey."

He placed her on the observation table and begin the examination. Just the routine check-up. Nothing more. "That looks healthy, and there isn't complication physically. Let's check other things." He connected the ECG machine and started to take the reading. 

Something about this always scares her. If someday some complication does arise, and she has to undergo the same excruciating moments she had once before. But more than that she is afraid of being alone again. Night after night left alone. She didn't want that.

"That's done. You are clear to go honey. No problems at all. You are ready for many, many exciting, strenuous, and possibly pleasurable activities that are ahead in maybe next few months." She smiled. "You sure you trained to be a doctor, not a weather reporter?" She asked. "I can excel in any field I want to. Do you doubt me, honey?" He asked.

 "Not at all. How can I? I am with a man for whom anything is possible." "Anything?" He asked picking her up and crossing her legs around his waist. She held his neck "Anything, you are my superhero, Forrest Arthur Lyte." And he kissed her again.

Reva took her things and decided to finish the work at home. It was late and she was sure that Forrest is going to spend another night with Ange. He did that for so long, she wasn't expecting that to change. So, when a colleague of hers asked if he can drop her somewhere, she agreed. As she approached the car, she didn't notice Forrest who was looking at him fuming.

"So Dr. Mathur, can I say something if you don't mind?" Reva looked at him confused. "Yes? What is it?" she asked. He was a junior doctor and was an ophthalmologist. They often use to interact during lunch hours. "You are so cute" And Reva wondered where that thought came from. 

"I mean what I want to say is..." he looked nervously at her "Would like to have coffee with me sometimes?" Her mind begins to function, he was asking her out on a date. But none of them noticed the third person in the vicinity not until he pulled her to him.

"Going on a date baby? Did you ask for permission from your fiancé?" The man looked shocked seeing Forrest. "Sir. I... I didn't know she was your..." Forrest looked at him coldly "Now you do, do not ever approach my girl do you understand me?" The man shuttered under his gaze "Y...Yes S...sir" He took off on his car immediately after. 

"Wait Dave" Reva called. "You are my ride home" but he already disappeared over the horizon. She turned towards Forrest angrily. "Why you did that for?" "Because he was about to score a date with you when I haven't even gotten a chance to aww you with one. No one gets to claim your firsts Miss Mathur only I do." She shook her head. "Dave now is spooked to talk to me even. You cannot just scare people away just because you felt like it. It is not right."

He pulled her into his arms almost with a jerky moment. "Everything is fair when it comes to you, Honey. Everything is fair when it comes to keeping you with me. Now where were you going without me?" he asked her. "I am planning to go home. And..." "My home or yours?" He asked not letting go of her. 

"Mine, it shouldn't matter Dr. Lyte because both places will be empty for the night. It doesn't matter where I stay. All I am going to do is stay inside that place for the night." She said thinking about ways of getting out of there. She should have brought her car.

"I will drive you," Forrest said holding her hand and leading her towards the car. His car which he had made sure was thoroughly checked and ready so that he didn't have to make a mid-road jump and hurt himself again. Or her for that case. 

She was waiting as he opened the door and told her to get in. He looked at her and laced their fingers. One right he has on her for now. Rest he will acquire with time. Only if he can make her stop feeling guilty. Somehow, he knows he has to make her understand she wasn't doing anything bad by being with him.

He drove past the point where he has to take the turn to reach her apartment complex. Instead, he drove towards his. "Where are you taking me, Forrest?" He smiled "To the place where you belong. My side Reva, where else?" asked, he. "But..." She protested. 

"But? What? You are my fiancée who had finished her work and must be tired so as your fiancé what is my responsibility? I must take her home and shower her with my love that's what" She was surprised. "You mean to say you will do this every day? Take me home from work and then pamper me?" She asked.

"Why not Reva, if you can spoil me with your love, why cannot I do the same?" "I don't love you" The reply rendered him speechless. But he recovers fairly quickly. "No? but little birdie I believe you are on the right track. And I am ready to roll with it for now." He said looking ahead towards the future that doesn't look uncertain to him at all. He knew now one thing is going to stay that is her. 

Word Count: 2417 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 164 28
To everyone who thinks they have the best frictional boyfriend.. You guys didn't met rafael yet..! Male lead: This is a story of a dr who is also the...
3.2M 60.6K 84
HEA ✔ no OWD/cheating 7 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 7 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 7 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧...
271 0 26
Doctors swear to save lives every day, and that's exactly what Thomas wants to do. Dreaming of running his own hospital, saving lives and being the b...
179K 9.5K 36
EBS Second Generation Series Sequel to 'The Heartless Billionaire' and 'Possessive at first Sight.' Dr. Michael Maximillian is a heartthrob in and ou...