That Girl

By uh_bum_writes

Korra is a new kid to Republic City High. She instantly clicks with Asami's new friend group. While Korra is... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chatper Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Forty Two
Remastered version on its way..

Chapter Thirty Five

1.9K 78 176
By uh_bum_writes

TW VIOLENCE AND DEATH

Unalaq eventually caught up to Zaheer and saw him standing over a slope. "Why the hell are you just standing there?" He spat. Zaheer turned to him and looked back over. "She rolled right off the cliff." He says pointing. Unalaq looks and eyes widened. Down that slope was a cliff side. "Damn it. There's no way she survived that fall?" He asked. Zaheer shook his head. "It plunges straight down." He says.

Unalaq grit his teeth and punches the tree. "FUCK! What are we supposed to do now!" He yells. "We could use that Hasook kid." Zaheer says. "NO WE CANT! He's about to meet Korra very soon. He helped her escape, so I stabbed him." Zaheer eyes widened. "You stabbed Viper's leading kid? His most prized fighter? Why would you do that?! Viper is going to have us killed!" Zaheer yells. Unalaq was taken back by his outburst.

"We need to run. We need to dissppear so he won't find us." Unalaq says pacing in a circle. Zaheer rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Besides us having a warrant for the Republic City Police and everywhere else you now just killed one of Vipers fighter. Viper who is a respected thug that has connections to many other gangs. NO WHERE IS SAFE!" Zaheer yells. "We need to go. We need to run. It doesn't matter. Let's go!" Unalaq yells. Zaheer follows him running into the woods.

— —

Lin was sitting at her desk filling out paper work. "I swear if one more kid spray paints a dick on the bridge I'm going to tase then." She says frustrated. A knock on her door made her perk her head up. "Come in." She grumbles. The door opens showing a officer. "Sorry to disturb you chief, but we have a frantic man in the room and we need help calming him down." He says.

Lin let's out a irritated sigh pushing away from her desk getting up. "Damned people." She mumbles. She walks out to see two officers and a panicked man. Two officers were trying to call him down. "Hey, I got this." Lin says. The officers nods stepping aside. "Chief Beifong please you have to help!" The guys says frantically.

"Hey woah! We will help you. I need you to calm down and tell me what's going on." She says. The man nods takes a deep breath. From the looks of his bright yellow outfit and shoes he must be a runner. "You calm?" She asked. The man nodded. "Okay, now can you tell me what happened." She says.

"I was doing my usual morning runs in the woods, since I live near the outskirts of Republic City. As I was running I heard someone else running. I looks and saw another girl running and she had chains on her wrists. I knew something was wrong. I tried to call and stop her but she ran faster. I couldn't catch up to her. However when she ran a piece of her shirt was torn on a branch. I hope that if you had dogs they could sniff her out. She looked terrified please help her." He begs.

"Alright, Gong, please bring this gentlemen into the interrogation room." She calls out. She turns to the man. "Alright we will get this right away. This officer is going to lead you to a room and ask for the story and questions alright." She says. He nods and hands her the piece of torn cloth before walking with the officer.

"Alright search and K9 units dispatch. We are going to the woods on the outskirts of the city. Follow my lead."

She says into the radio quickly walking into her office. She grabs her head and quickly walks out. "Let's move!" She yells at the officers following her. She quickly enters her car and turns the sirens on as she surges towards the woods.

— —

"May I quickly call my wife? Just to let her know why I'm not home by now so she didn't get worried?" The man asked. The officer nodded. "Of course. I have to grab the papers. Would you like a glass of water?" He asked. "Yes please thank you."

The man says. The officer nodded and left the room. The man dials a number and brings it to his ears. "It's done boss, they are heading out there now. Grab H and head to the warehouse before they find you both." He says before ending the call.

— —

Viper drove back to the spot in the woods. He was a bit concerned as to why he hasn't received a phone call from Unalaq about Korra running. He drove back and saw Hasook not in the spot they agreed to meet. He quickly gets out and walks back to the camp site. "Hasook? Unavaatu? Zaheer?" He yells. He looks on the ground to see someone lying on the floor. His eyes widened.

"Hasook!" He yells running to him. He crouched down looking at his stomach. "What happened?!" He asked ripping his shirt. "He- he c-c-caught me." He said, blood spilling from his mouth. "Okay, listen don't speak and stay with me. This is going to hurt." He says. He wraps his torn shirt around Hasook body and tied it tight to stop the bleeding. He looked at his hand that had his blood. He picked up Hasook and carried him to the truck.

"Listen your going to be alright. Shin will patch you up okay? Just hang in there. You're a fighter. Understand you fight." He says as he climbs into his truck, keeping Hasook held close to him. He took off driving towards the warehouse where shady can fix him up. "Viper." He rasps out. "Hey look don't talk." Viper says. Hasook lifts his hands and takes off his necklace.

"I'm dying." He says sadly with tears running down his face. "No no you're not. You're a fighter Hasook. Stop saying that you are you're going to make it okay. Shady is going to fix you up." Viper says frantically speeding up. "Was I a son to you?" Hasook asked. Viper can feel his breathing slow down. He looks forward.

"You were Hasook. You were my boy. And my boy fights." He says. Hasook smiles. "Thanks dad." He says with a smile while placing his hand on Vipers chest. Viper grabbed his hand. "You're going to be okay." He says. He felt Hasook's head drop and his hand loose grip. "Hasook! Hey hey! Don't give up on me! Hasook you're a fighter! We are almost there. Wake up!" Viper yells.

He pulls along the road and pulls Hasook close to him. He clutches him close and cries onto the lifeless boy. "WAKE UP! I PROMISED YOU YOU WOULD BE SAFE. DONT MAKE ME BREAK MY PROMISE. WAKE UP. YOURE A FIGHTER HASOOK. FIGHT DAMMIT!" He yells. Though it was no use. He starts smacking the steering wheel hard. "My boy."

He says looking at Hasook's face, gently running his hand down his face to close his eyes. He looks in Hasook's hand to see the necklace he always wore. Viper took the necklace and held Hasook close as he continued driving. "You're going to pay for this Unalaq." He seethed as he drove.

— —

Zaheer and Unalaq ran towards the edge of the woods to se a road. "Look a car is coming. Throw a branch to make it swerve." Unalaq says. Once the car was close Zaheer threw a branch making the car swerve to a stop. They waisted not time getting to the car.

Unalaq opens the car door throwing out the woman driving. "Ahhh please don't!" She yells. Unalaq doesn't hesitate and stabs her quickly before tossing her on the road and getting into the car speeding away. "Did you really need more blood on your hands?" Zaheer spat. "Shut up." Unalaq spat.

— —

Lin sped towards the woods. As she went a car sped by them.

"Squad 5, follow the speeding car."

A cop car turned around following the speeding one. She pulls aside towards the woods and steps out. "Here, pass this to the K-9 unit. We follow them." She says. "Yes ma'am." The officer says. The K9 trainer brings the cloth to the dogs nose letting them sniff. "Now go." They say. The dogs immidiently start running and the officers followed behind.

Lin's heart pounded as they started getting closer to the cliff. The dogs went down a steep slope. "Woahh!" A officer said almost falling. The carefully slid down the slope going towards the cliff. The dogs start barking towards the edge of the cliff. "I don't get it nobody is here." A officer says. Lin walks towards where the dogs and and looks down. Here eyes widened.

"There is. There's a girl, hanging by a branch." She says. The other officers come closer running down. "Hey, the police are here can you hear me?" Lin yells, however got no response. "I'll get the ropes ready." One says. Lin looks at the branch she was hanging onto, it was going to snap. Her eyes widened and she looked around the cliff. There were ridged ledges she could climb down and grab the girl. She took a deep breath before dropping down to a ledge.

"Chief!" The one officer yelled running over. "Don't worry about me. There's enough ledge for me to grab her. Hurry and get the ropes ready." She yells. She carefully walks along the ledge towards the girl. When she closer she takes a look at the girl and her eyes widened.

"I-I can't believe it. After two years I found you." She says. She looks to see she was held on by the chains of her cuffs. This was the only time she was grateful she had cuffs on her wrist since it's currently saving her from plunging to her doom.

She quickly moves over and grabs her, just in time as well since the twig snapped and fell down. She pulls Korra closer to her, balancing both of them on the ledge. She looks at the girl. Blood dropped from the side of her head and there were scraps all over her body. Her leg was black and blue meaning it was broken. She pulls her closer keeping her tight to her. "I found you kid." She whispers.

"Chief!" A officer yells. She looks up to see the rope thrown down with the harness. She carefully puts on the harness and tugs the rope, pulling both of them up. Officers helped lift her and Korra up. "Is she alive?" One asked. "Yes she is. It seems she took a hit to the head." "Alright, we called the ambulance here, they will be here in five." He says. She nods carefully laying Korra on the floor.

She took off her jacket and wrapped it around the girl. "The car that sped by, I bet you were Unalaq and Zaheer. Send squad 3 and the heli after them. More than likely they'll put up a fight. Send officers ahead of them and set spikes on the road to catch them. Be cautious they might be armed." She says. He nods then grabs his radio speaking into it.

"Chief, they found another body. A woman on the side of the road, stabbed." Lin sighs. "That's probably the car they took. Search the area she was stabbed, also searched the woods just in case we can have clues as to where the went." He nods and walks with his team to the woods. 

Soon the ambulances came and the medical team came to get Korra. Lin helped put her on the bed and lift her up, bringing her to the ambulance. Since she couldn't ride inside she followed them, sending the other officers after Unalaq and Zaheer.

— —

"Boss there's another cop car after us." Zaheer says turning his head to look back. "Well shake them off. I don't have time to be arrested." He says speeding up. More cop cars followed in pursuit.

"PULL OVER! THIS IS THE REPUBLIC CITY POLICE!"

Unalaq rolled his eyes as he pressed harder onto the gas. "Find something to throw at them." Unalaq spat. Zaheer turned around to investigate the woman's car. He grabbed what he could, which was barely anything, and started throwing it out the window. He managed to make one cop car swerve and hit a tree. The other three were hot on there trail.

"There's nothing else to throw." He says. "Shit." Unalaq yelled. "They can't chase us forever. Once we get across the bridge we should be fine." He says. The sound of a helicopter and a sudden bright light made Zaheer look up.

"REPUBLIC CITY POLICE! PULL OVER YOUR VEHICLE IMMIDIENTLY!"

"Boss we have a heli on us." He says. "I fucking know Zaheer. Just shut up." He yells. He swerved around cars, almost hitting them. He kept his foot pressed hard into the floor of the car, keeping them at a fast speed. "Look we are almost towards the end of the bridge!" Unalaq says with a smile. The smile faded when he saw a line of cop cars waiting. He pressed faster to try and crash through the blockade. "Boss!" Zaheer yells standing up in his seat.

A loud popping sound was heard and the car swerved. The both braced for impact, ducking their heads. The car skidded, smacking against the medium of the bridge flipping over onto the other side of the road. The officer watched as the car flipped over smashing upside down on the other lane.

Unalaq groaned as he looked around. At first everything was blurry and he felt light headed, a ringing sound clouded his ears. Everything started to clear up. He looks to the side to see Zaheer hanging upside down, blood dripping from his face. "Zaheer!"

When he didn't get a response he tried to move but yelled in pain. He looked down to see the knife in his pocket stabbed into his thigh. He fought the pain and fidgeted with his seat belt. dropping down slamming onto the glass. He clenched his teeth as he army crawled out of the car, glass piercing his skin.

Once he was out he looks up to see a officer standing about him. "Put your hand ups." He says pointing a gun at him. Unalaq sighs lifting up his hands. Officer came around pulling both him and Zaheer out. They were brought inside a ambulance and cuffed and strapped down.

— —

"I can't believe that guy said oh you can't wear a crop top. Like sir if you can't pull one off just say that." Wu says. "Yeah I honestly wanted to punch that guy." Bolin says punching his fists. "No need for the aggression." Opal says placing her hands on top of Bolin's. "Oh by the way, how many gum balls did you stuff in your mouth?" Mako asked looking over at Kai who was chewing.

He lifted up five fingers, smiling wide showing the chewed up gum. Mako, Opal, Asami, and Wu scrunched their faces ewing him while Bolin looked amazed. Jinora scolded her boyfriend about showing his chewed gum. "I should know next time friends say go to mall they mean Mako is the bag boy." Mako says lifting up his arms that had many bags on it.

"Why thank you Mako. You know a guy like me can't carry bags but one like you can." Wu says squeezing Mako's bicep. Mako blushes a bit looking away. Opal and Asami looked at each other before back at Mako and Wu noticing the blush creeping on Mako's face. Wu of course oblivious to it. Asami's phone rings and she grabs her phone. "Oh wait my dad is calling, Bolin can you hold this?" She asked. He nodded grabbing her bags. She clicks answer and answered her phone.

Asami- "Hello." 

Hiroshi- "Where are you?"

Asami- "I'm at the mall with everyone why what's up?"

Her body froze and her heart stopped. The sound of her phone hitting the ground caught everyone attention. They turned back to see Asami frozen, with a look of shock and horror on her face. Her face paled over.

It looked like she was about to fall and Kai ran up to her and caught her. "Hey what's wrong MiMi?" Wu asked running up to her, everyone else following in pursuit. It takes her a minute but she looks up at him tears brimming her eyes.

"We need to leave, now."

— —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 323 11
Y/n has been alive for more than a thousand years. She was respected and feared. Even Gunmar, Bular, Angorot, and Morgona themselves. Y/n was li...
289K 7.5K 23
"Promise you'll come find me when you're done?" "When do I not?" ━ Steve Rogers X OC ━ Takes places during Age Of Ultron WARNING: I WROTE THIS IN MID...
202K 7.2K 38
{FINISHED} Y/n is invisible. Yes, she is solid and physically there. For her whole life, she's been the quiet girl in the shadows. She has to distan...